Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 371739 times)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3600 on: February 2, 2022, 04:53:28 pm »
don't get hung up on what these live action star wars tv shows are called any more because it's irrelevant.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3601 on: February 2, 2022, 05:53:59 pm »
Thank you,that poster art looks fantastic,you hardly see that sort of quality anymore and i quite miss those.

No worries, mate. If you're interested there are some more older style of quality fan art in these couple of threads:-

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-random-Pics-and-GIFs-thread-for-the-Original-Trilogy/id/72295
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Awesome-Star-Wars-art-pic-heavy/id/47273

More work from Pete Stults, the 'Calrissian Chronicles' artist also does many 'what if' and similar tv & film poster art on here - https://www.behance.net/PeterStults
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3602 on: February 2, 2022, 10:20:12 pm »
I knew who that was from the first hazy desert silhouette.

« Last Edit: February 2, 2022, 10:26:25 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: February 2, 2022, 11:04:04 pm »
Brian Daley, the author of the Han Solo trilogy of books, was quite something - he also did the Star Wars Radio Dramas - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(radio_series)

I read two of the Han Solo books, and still  have a beaten up, sellotaped together copy of Stars End. They were very good and captured Solo perfectly. They gave hints to his background without the need to go into full details. As a movie, Solo was a story that simply didn't need to be told. The same can be said for Rogue One, but that film had a far more epic scope, which is what Star Wars should be. I've not seen Solo, nor have any plans to. It doesn't tell me anything I need or want to know.

As for the latest Book of Boba Fett, EckhartsLadder has done a review that explains a few bits. Skip to the one minute mark, as it starts with a sponsorship. Spoiler alert, naturally.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J696GmHjCH8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J696GmHjCH8</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3604 on: February 2, 2022, 11:53:28 pm »
I knew who that was from the first hazy desert silhouette.

That was a great entrance.

Spoiler
with how the characters from Filonis animated series I just realised Boba Fett has a clone sister 'Omega' who could still be around. Though introducing her at this point would sort of remove any threat/peril from future series of The Bad Batch.
[close]
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3605 on: February 3, 2022, 06:54:46 am »
No worries, mate. If you're interested there are some more older style of quality fan art in these couple of threads:-

https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/The-random-Pics-and-GIFs-thread-for-the-Original-Trilogy/id/72295
https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Awesome-Star-Wars-art-pic-heavy/id/47273

More work from Pete Stults, the 'Calrissian Chronicles' artist also does many 'what if' and similar tv & film poster art on here - https://www.behance.net/PeterStults

Thanks again mate,love all the old school stuff  :)

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: February 4, 2022, 01:33:52 pm »
Great episode this week

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: February 5, 2022, 11:52:56 pm »
Was it?

I’m continuing to be unimpressed. 80% of it is like cut scenes from a mid noughties video game. It’s just a mess.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: February 8, 2022, 01:28:37 pm »
Bob Fett, the story was just all a bit meh.
Some cool bits though, especially the ships. Slave 1 is always cool and Mando's chromed N-1 starfighter has the best sounds since the shields in the Phantom Menace.
Plus Jennifer Beals makes a hot Twi'lek.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3609 on: February 8, 2022, 02:34:05 pm »
Bob Fett, the story was just all a bit meh.
Some cool bits though, especially the ships. Slave 1 is always cool and Mando's chromed N-1 starfighter has the best sounds since the shields in the Phantom Menace.
Plus Jennifer Beals makes a hot Twi'lek

And she appears to be the same age as in Flashdance  :)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3610 on: February 9, 2022, 10:27:39 am »
Finale was pretty fun but overall what a mess of a series.

Spoiler
All the weird cartoon lovers will no doubt be furious with Cad Bane getting beaten like a bitch, so that's a positive
[close]

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3611 on: February 9, 2022, 11:21:30 am »
Finished strong
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3612 on: February 9, 2022, 12:10:41 pm »
Cheesy as fuck and I loved it
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3613 on: February 9, 2022, 06:13:50 pm »
Spoiler
Liked the Mando episode but on the whole thought The Book of BF was average. That whole mod thing felt a bit like Twilight. Certain parts of the music didn’t feel Star Warsy and neither did them Mods. Bit sick of the whole ‘This is the way’ an all.
[close]

« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 10:16:09 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3614 on: February 9, 2022, 07:00:42 pm »
yah I enjoyed it today. if you think about it there are probably holes you could drive a truck through, but I don't really care.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3615 on: February 9, 2022, 10:17:17 pm »

'Obi-Wan Kenobi, a limited Original series, starts streaming May 25 on #DisneyPlus.' - https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1491528787346923521 (Wednesday 25th May)

& www.starwars.com/news/obi-wan-kenobi-premiere-date

« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 10:21:03 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3616 on: February 10, 2022, 10:36:09 am »
There was no need for the twirl!

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3617 on: February 10, 2022, 11:06:09 am »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3618 on: February 10, 2022, 02:07:02 pm »
'Obi-Wan Kenobi, a limited Original series, starts streaming May 25 on #DisneyPlus.' - https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1491528787346923521 (Wednesday 25th May)

& www.starwars.com/news/obi-wan-kenobi-premiere-date

Yaaayyy, more Tattoine  ::)

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3619 on: February 10, 2022, 02:09:01 pm »
kenobi wandering around as he's supposed to be in hiding and popping out for some shopping now and then. he then peers over "best check on that luke kid.......yep he looks fine"

TWO YEARS LATER

the same.

etc.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3620 on: February 10, 2022, 02:12:13 pm »
They're really going too far with these shows now. Aren't we also getting one for that other Jedi, Asohka or whatever she's called?

The Kenobi one is just daft though. Why do we need to see every single part of his life?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3621 on: February 10, 2022, 04:12:55 pm »
Has book of bobba finished? I was hoping for a few more weeks for a massive binge .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3622 on: February 10, 2022, 04:14:18 pm »
Has book of bobba finished? I was hoping for a few more weeks for a massive binge .
yeah it's done.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3623 on: February 10, 2022, 04:17:23 pm »
Finale was pretty fun but overall what a mess of a series.

Spoiler
All the weird cartoon lovers will no doubt be furious with Cad Bane getting beaten like a bitch, so that's a positive
[close]

It sort of felt like they were trying to setup a subsequent show rather than focusing on just being a good one-off Boba Fett series and I wonder if perhaps the scope of this one changed once that Rangers show got canned and there will be an ongoing tatooine show announced at some point since they now have this wide range of supporting randos that won't all be needed in seasons of the Mandalorian.

Spoiler
not sure why you are denigrating those who like the cartoons, due to them having enough time to develop (unlike live action shows and movies) they are probably some of the best Star Wars stuff since the original trilogy. They probably used Cad Bane just right in this too, he's got some time being the better shot in the eps he appeared before getting beaten down by the headline act and it is not like they can't easily rationalise how he survived if they want to bring him back again either.
[close]

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3624 on: February 13, 2022, 10:32:00 pm »
Just got to the end of The Story of Boba Fett

Absolutely loving it and

Spoiler
Baby yoda is back and chose Mando.
[close]

So much to love about it all. Teeny tiny me from when I first watched and was obsessed with Star Wars when it first came out is jumping up and down with excitement and happiness knowing we're getting tons more stuff in the coming years.

What's not to enjoy?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 10:34:08 pm by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: February 15, 2022, 01:52:42 pm »
I can force myself to like most things Star Wars, but that series was consistently the worst thing in the Star Wars Universe. A couple of cool things in it, but ultimately you can say that about the Phantom Menace. 

The first Mando episode was like cut scenes from a computer game.  The member berries and fan service are a needless distraction. And the story overall was shite.

In fleshing out Boba Fett they've actually made him more one-dimensional and less interesting than he was in the original trilogy.

They should've recast him, for a start.  Then, base the series around him living with the Tuscans.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #3626 on: February 15, 2022, 02:11:49 pm »
They should've recast him, for a start.  Then, base the series around him living with the Tuscans.

So he doesn't go back to Tatooine, but goes to live in Italy instead?
We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3627 on: February 15, 2022, 02:15:39 pm »
some divergent views there.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #3628 on: February 15, 2022, 02:18:58 pm »
Really looking forward to the Kenobi series, I think it has already been mentioned that Vader and the Inquisitors will be in it. But as a fan of the Legacy comic series, they could (but probably won't) use this series to introduce A'Sharad Hett, the Tusken Jedi, who later becomes Darth Krayt. Great character and the Legacy series is one of the best things to come out of the Expanded Universe.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3629 on: February 15, 2022, 07:27:35 pm »

haha. Mad how so many of us have read star wars stuff that we know how to spell obscure words like Tusken.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: February 15, 2022, 08:44:38 pm »

Lolz  ;D ;D

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3631 on: February 16, 2022, 09:47:59 am »

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3633 on: February 16, 2022, 11:47:46 am »
I don't want to dwell on season 1 of Fett. I was willing to give it a lot of chances, and then it randomly became lost Mandalorian episodes for a bit, then was an okay looking but at times comical final fight (the droid walking behind all those Freetown nobodies and failing to hit any of them). Tatooine's criminal underworld are a bunch of idiots letting one man and his pet killer walk in and take over the whole place in the first place. Morrison is too old for the role... and doesn't have the acting chops to front a big budget show from one of the major franchises. Sure, he's technically the best man for Fett, but for people that have no interest in the prequels it's hardly the same as hearing Hamill, Ford and Fisher were reprising their roles.

And the Mods... the Mods are no doubt going to find themselves sitting on 'Worst things in Star Wars' lists for years to come, rubbing shoulders with Jar Jar Binks and that moon that landed on Chewbacca in the extended universe. It's hard to fathom how badly every part of their concept is all the way down to their reason for being involved with Fett (damn millennials spending all their cash on luxuries like sharp clothes, space Vespas, unnecessary bodily modification and not saving any credits for things like water on a desert planet).

What I am going to be more positive about is Thrawn. I've recently finished Zahn's 2nd modern novel trilogy about him, this one being a prequel to the earlier one, and concentrating on his career in the Chiss Ascendancy. It fleshes out the threat from a mysterious alien group called the Grysks, who were a threat before (well, later) that he defeated with the aid of Darth Vader. Thrawn's entire reason for being exiled and joining the Empire was to seek more information on the Grysks and warn Palpatine of the danger in the hope that the Chiss & Empire could work together to defeat them.

Why is this relevant? Well, because Thrawn (as an Imperial Admiral) became an antagonist in the Rebels cartoon, before being sent somewhere unknown through hyperspace with Ezra Bridger in the finale. Ahsoka and Sabine ended the series about to go hunting for them. And when we later see Ahsoka in the Mandalorian, she's specifically asking the ruler of the planet where her 'master' is, specifically naming Thrawn.

All of this is hopefully pointing to the contents of the Ahsoka show being the culmination of her search for Ezra, and should also bring us the return of Sabine Wren (strong rumour that this has been cast), the live action debut of Thrawn and potentially a journey into the unknown regions and a potential showdown with these Grysks.

Worth noting as well that Sabine is a Mandalorian (and once wielded the Darksaber) so potentially plays into that whole scenario).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: February 16, 2022, 12:13:37 pm »
I can force myself to like most things Star Wars, but that series was consistently the worst thing in the Star Wars Universe.

It was way off mandalorian quality, and a bit hit and miss, but not even close to as bad as the final 2 sequel movies. Nowhere near.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3635 on: February 16, 2022, 12:24:43 pm »
I can force myself to like most things Star Wars, but that series was consistently the worst thing in the Star Wars Universe.

Not really using the force properly then are you?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3636 on: February 16, 2022, 12:50:51 pm »
it was hardly attack of the clones

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3637 on: February 16, 2022, 01:09:29 pm »
Just got to the end of The Story of Boba Fett

Absolutely loving it and

Spoiler
Baby yoda is back and chose Mando.
[close]

So much to love about it all. Teeny tiny me from when I first watched and was obsessed with Star Wars when it first came out is jumping up and down with excitement and happiness knowing we're getting tons more stuff in the coming years.

What's not to enjoy?

Most of Boba Fett, for me.

Badly written, badly directed, slowly plotted.

In fact virtually nothing happens outside of flashbacks for several episodes, UNTIL they intro two episodes around another character(s) we know and love.
Those two episodes: full of plot revelations and quality action. Really good episodes---Boba Fett is not in them!

Back to Boba's story for the finale. Absolutely shocking pile of shit with terrible direction from Robert Rodriguez with a rag-tag bunch of about 14 people shooting at each other and continually shooting at an impenetrable shield for 30 minutes (felt like longer). Even managed to make Mando look rubbish and the siege type set-up was an abysmal version of scenes already viewed in Mandalorian - done so much better.

That last episode was as bad as The Phantom Menace or worse I'd say.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 01:11:30 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3638 on: February 18, 2022, 09:16:06 am »
Yeah, the last episode was a total mess. Pure prequel vibes. My fave bit of ridiculousness was when Boba fett goes off back to his palace for backup and decides to fetch a rancor instead of Slave 1. No doubt fan boys will say it was so he’d win respect of the locals, even though the beast wrecked half of the city.

I honestly couldn’t have cared if any of the characters from the series were killed in that episode.

Offline jedimaster

• Kopite
« Reply #3639 on: February 18, 2022, 10:08:40 am »
Is anybody bothered about this upcoming Andor series? Take one of the least interesting characters from Rogue One (or any of the films for that matter) and make a series about them, seriously?