Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 548999 times)

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12960 on: December 25, 2023, 05:19:46 pm »
Wrexham
Hoping Stockport pick up injuries and Wrexham's big squad makes the difference
Barrow are in a false position

Do you like Turkey ?
(the tasteless dry meat, not the country)

No, as you said it's tasteless, with enough salt it's close to pork. Can't see the idea of it.

Will humanity ever find peace, or will we destroy eachother in the name of religion?

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12961 on: December 25, 2023, 10:02:00 pm »
No, as you said it's tasteless, with enough salt it's close to pork. Can't see the idea of it.

Will humanity ever find peace, or will we destroy eachother in the name of religion?
Not while there's money to be made out of people's misery and fuck all to do with religion, mainly pure greed.

Lamb or beef?

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12962 on: December 25, 2023, 10:08:26 pm »
Not while there's money to be made out of people's misery and fuck all to do with religion, mainly pure greed.

Lamb or beef?

Lamb by a crooked country mile.

Best lawnmower?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12963 on: March 3, 2024, 03:53:36 am »
Lamb by a crooked country mile.

Best lawnmower?

Stiga.

The only brand that has lasted for 20+ years in my personal use.

These will propably outlast me.

Do you fish?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12964 on: March 6, 2024, 11:47:46 am »
Stiga.

The only brand that has lasted for 20+ years in my personal use.

These will propably outlast me.

Do you fish?
No, I don't. What are you angling at?

How many current footballers would you class as geniuses?

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12965 on: March 10, 2024, 05:40:31 am »
No, I don't. What are you angling at?

How many current footballers would you class as geniuses?

I would argue that 3 at most.

Do you miss the time before social media?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12966 on: March 16, 2024, 10:07:27 am »
I would argue that 3 at most.

Do you miss the time before social media?
Yes, absolutely, albeit I was a child at that time - social media probably kicking off in my early teens and gaining a chokehold over people by the time I was at Uni - I really do think it’s done far more bad than it has good.

Who is your personal LFC cult hero?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12967 on: March 16, 2024, 11:06:39 am »
Yes, absolutely, albeit I was a child at that time - social media probably kicking off in my early teens and gaining a chokehold over people by the time I was at Uni - I really do think it’s done far more bad than it has good.

Who is your personal LFC cult hero?

Momo, got a thing for one-man wrecking crews...

If the egg came first, was a condom involved?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12968 on: March 22, 2024, 11:11:45 am »
I highly doubt it.

Which non-football sports club or team has the most iconic kit/uniform in the world?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #12969 on: March 22, 2024, 11:18:10 am »

Which non-football sports club or team has the most iconic kit/uniform in the world?

Good question. I thought either All Blacks Rugby or the green Austrailian cricket cap

what TV series in the last 12 months have you most enjoyed

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #12970 on: March 22, 2024, 01:27:42 pm »
Good question. I thought either All Blacks Rugby or the green Austrailian cricket cap

what TV series in the last 12 months have you most enjoyed

Difficult question. There hasn`t been that much this year which I have really enjoyed, but I would probably say The Bear

What is your favourite cheese ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12971 on: March 23, 2024, 09:23:26 am »
I love Gouda, Comte and Gruyère. I am of course lactose intolerant but also have poor control when those pair are present on the cheeseboard.

Who is your favourite current sportsperson that’s not a footballer? (Mine probably Josh Kerr, world 1500m champion).

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12972 on: March 23, 2024, 06:11:36 pm »
Who is your favourite current sportsperson that’s not a footballer? (Mine probably Josh Kerr, world 1500m champion).

Nikola Jokic.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WetOYfJ1fGM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WetOYfJ1fGM</a>

What's your favourite thing about the UK?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 06:13:15 pm by Sheer Magnetism »

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12973 on: March 23, 2024, 06:16:07 pm »
Nikola Jokic.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WetOYfJ1fGM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WetOYfJ1fGM</a>

What's your favourite thing about the UK?

The Countryside

an honourable mention to access to different cuisines

If draw is not permissible, who do you want to win next Arsenal or 115 charges cheating bastards ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 06:18:24 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12974 on: March 23, 2024, 07:34:22 pm »
If draw is not permissible, who do you want to win next Arsenal or 115 charges cheating bastards ?
Arsenal. There is no good 115 charges win that is good in the run in.

What would you say is your signature dish if you're entertaining?

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12975 on: March 23, 2024, 09:06:37 pm »
Arsenal. There is no good 115 charges win that is good in the run in.

What would you say is your signature dish if you're entertaining?
Big fuck off pan of scouse.
Especially when it's a bit nippy weather-wise.

Is International footy a waste of time?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12976 on: March 24, 2024, 11:47:11 am »
No there’s a place for it, but two breaks in the season for friendlies and nonsense like the nation’s league are a waste of time. Tournament qualification, the tournaments themselves and a couple of pre-tournament friendlies are all the international teams should play. Maybe a couple of friendlies in a non-tournament year. The strain put on elite players is sheer stupidity.

Favourite sitcom ever?

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12977 on: March 30, 2024, 03:48:20 am »
No there’s a place for it, but two breaks in the season for friendlies and nonsense like the nation’s league are a waste of time. Tournament qualification, the tournaments themselves and a couple of pre-tournament friendlies are all the international teams should play. Maybe a couple of friendlies in a non-tournament year. The strain put on elite players is sheer stupidity.

Favourite sitcom ever?

Friends

Which leads to the question, do you get annoyed when what ever you grew up with gets valued by modern standards?
 Trying to apply the mindset of 2020's to something that was seen as normality in when ever it was aired in?

"-edit: said here it was the 80's I was thinking about, being from that era, but realized currently people are cancelling things that were in this millenia, fuck I feel old."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 05:35:19 am by dimwit »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12978 on: March 30, 2024, 09:48:20 am »
Yes. I think if we endlessly continue to ban and edit all content, it essentially removes art, creation and history. I think things that are particularly problematic should come with warnings and an explanation as to the potentially offensive content, but not removed entirely, as we’re seeing presently.

What’s the best comedy series to have been released post- 2010?

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12979 on: March 30, 2024, 01:20:25 pm »
What’s the best comedy series to have been released post- 2010?

British: Detectorists
American: Brooklyn 99

Should we sign Kudus from West Ham?

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12980 on: March 31, 2024, 10:41:54 pm »
British: Detectorists
American: Brooklyn 99

Should we sign Kudus from West Ham?

Wasn't Kudus's exit from Ajax supposed to be an ugly one, in the way that it was him or his agent forcing the move and shitting on the club in the process?

It was reported at the time that he even stopped training in order to force the move to Everton on the cheap in the summer before he moved to West Ham, and in the window where he moved to West Ham, WBA had a bid accepted by Ajax, but him refusing to sign a contract without a release clause.

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/ajax-stelt-ultimatum-aan-kamp-kudus

He might not be as expensive as his market value would suggest to get out from WH, but he can rot there.

Link to the relevant reddit discussion, if you're interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/15kilw2/vi_ajax_give_ultimatum_to_mohammed_kudus_reach_an/

Husqvarna or Stihl?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12981 on: April 1, 2024, 01:37:50 pm »
Never heard of the first brand so I’ll go with Stihl. I’ve used a few stihl bits before.

Have you been more ‘successful’ than your parents?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #12982 on: April 2, 2024, 09:48:09 am »
Never heard of the first brand so I’ll go with Stihl. I’ve used a few stihl bits before.

Have you been more ‘successful’ than your parents?

Yes, my father was a miner through necessity and mum did not work through ill health.
My kids are also more successful than me and that is something I am very proud of.

Do your kids make you proud?
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12983 on: April 2, 2024, 10:27:42 am »
Yes, my father was a miner through necessity and mum did not work through ill health.
My kids are also more successful than me and that is something I am very proud of.

Do your kids make you proud?

Yes they do, both are decent young lads, never get a bad report from school, are polite to others and good lads, don't hang around with dickheads. Eldest is learning to fly and planning to join the RAF, no idea what the youngest plans as yet.

Do you think, that for their own good, Everton need to be relegated?
Jurgen YNWA

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12984 on: April 2, 2024, 10:33:30 am »
Yes they do, both are decent young lads, never get a bad report from school, are polite to others and good lads, don't hang around with dickheads. Eldest is learning to fly and planning to join the RAF, no idea what the youngest plans as yet.

Do you think, that for their own good, Everton need to be relegated?

No. Does it ever work like that? Can't think of many clubs that have bounced back from the predicament in which they find themselves by doing the 'rehab' of 46 games, most of which seem to be on Wednesday night at West Brom, in the Championship. It's quicksand for poorly-run clubs.

Some say it'll help to get a monkey off their back - they said the same about Hamburg when they'd circled the Bundesliga drain for a few years and now they're mired in eternally losing in the playoffs.

If they stay solvent, it'll most likely be a 90s Man City, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Southampton scenario where they just get stuck and eventually drop through the divisions in misery. If they go under...well. How far down can they go? Portsmouth are only just recovering, Reading are dead in the water, look how long and the route it's taken Coventry.

---

What one small feature is a dealbreaker for a new car if it doesn't have it? As a 6ft+ man with a shorter wife, it's seat position memory buttons.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12985 on: April 2, 2024, 01:17:09 pm »
No. Does it ever work like that? Can't think of many clubs that have bounced back from the predicament in which they find themselves by doing the 'rehab' of 46 games, most of which seem to be on Wednesday night at West Brom, in the Championship. It's quicksand for poorly-run clubs.

Some say it'll help to get a monkey off their back - they said the same about Hamburg when they'd circled the Bundesliga drain for a few years and now they're mired in eternally losing in the playoffs.

If they stay solvent, it'll most likely be a 90s Man City, Sheffield Wednesday, Forest, Southampton scenario where they just get stuck and eventually drop through the divisions in misery. If they go under...well. How far down can they go? Portsmouth are only just recovering, Reading are dead in the water, look how long and the route it's taken Coventry.

---

What one small feature is a dealbreaker for a new car if it doesn't have it? As a 6ft+ man with a shorter wife, it's seat position memory buttons.

I'm 6ft4 so the first thing I ever look at is driver legroom, and will dismiss immediately any car that doesn't have enough legroom regardless of anything good about it.

do you watch / consume too much news these days?  or are you fed up with the constant negativity?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12986 on: April 2, 2024, 01:27:40 pm »
I'm 6ft4 so the first thing I ever look at is driver legroom, and will dismiss immediately any car that doesn't have enough legroom regardless of anything good about it.

do you watch / consume too much news these days?  or are you fed up with the constant negativity?

Fed up with the constant negativity so never watch the news and even when it is on, on the radio, I pay little to no attention to it.

Do you think people will ever be weaned off car ownership and instead use cheap self drive taxis?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12987 on: April 2, 2024, 02:34:18 pm »
Fed up with the constant negativity so never watch the news and even when it is on, on the radio, I pay little to no attention to it.

Do you think people will ever be weaned off car ownership and instead use cheap self drive taxis?

Replicate the mass transit system in London to the whole country and car ownership could be gone in a year.

Apart from Liverpool if we couldn't win it (for whatever reason) which team would you like to see win the prem and why? I'm talking the whole football pyramid not jus the current situation

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12988 on: April 2, 2024, 06:26:24 pm »
Crewe Alexandra because it would make most of my family very happy. I still go and watch Crewe 4/5 times a season if Liverpool aren’t at home and it doesn’t clash. Chances of them winning even League One (in L2 presently, just inside the playoff places) are far more remote than them ending up stuck in the non-league for years.

Is there a sport you prefer to football and if so, a team or player you’re as fanatic a fan of as you are the reds?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12989 on: April 2, 2024, 10:50:54 pm »
Crewe Alexandra because it would make most of my family very happy. I still go and watch Crewe 4/5 times a season if Liverpool aren’t at home and it doesn’t clash. Chances of them winning even League One (in L2 presently, just inside the playoff places) are far more remote than them ending up stuck in the non-league for years.

Is there a sport you prefer to football and if so, a team or player you’re as fanatic a fan of as you are the reds?

Not necessarily prefer, but I love Rugby, specifically the Ospreys in Wales and the Crusaders in NZ, and College Football in the USA, specifically Alabama - Roll Tide.

Who deserves to win the Premier League this season and why?
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12990 on: April 3, 2024, 01:14:29 pm »
Not necessarily prefer, but I love Rugby, specifically the Ospreys in Wales and the Crusaders in NZ, and College Football in the USA, specifically Alabama - Roll Tide.

Who deserves to win the Premier League this season and why?
Toss up between us and Arsenal.
Will have been done without mass cheating.

Your favourite go-to Chinese meal?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12991 on: April 3, 2024, 01:52:23 pm »
Toss up between us and Arsenal.
Will have been done without mass cheating.

Your favourite go-to Chinese meal?

House special Fried rice, chicken curry, sweet & sour chicken balls and crispy beef.

Best Indian dish?