Author Topic: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details  (Read 60469 times)

Offline red79

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details
« Reply #40 on: February 1, 2024, 08:16:44 pm »
I know it's cool to keep the stub etc but I'd rather NFC, far less paranoia about losing the ticket. As long as you make sure your phone is charged you're sorted, admitedly you could lose your phone but even then they should be able to help you out as long as you can access your emails, if you lose a paper ticket its gone.

I wonder if there is a deadline when you can download it, because i'll be doing it in the queue for the turnstile, i think i'm more paranoid about me or my son losing or breaking a phone than i would be about losing a paper ticket which i can lock that away for 2 weeks if i need to,

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #41 on: February 1, 2024, 10:24:55 pm »
I wonder if there is a deadline when you can download it, because i'll be doing it in the queue for the turnstile, i think i'm more paranoid about me or my son losing or breaking a phone than i would be about losing a paper ticket which i can lock that away for 2 weeks if i need to,

You use the NFC pass for every game you go too, it’s no different. Paper tickets are so much easier to lose

Offline red79

• Kemlynite
« Reply #42 on: February 1, 2024, 10:41:54 pm »
You use the NFC pass for every game you go too, it’s no different. Paper tickets are so much easier to lose

I know it’s no different from a home match, I think as it’s a final, I’ll have extra paranoia and I guess it depends on your own personal circumstances and experiences , I’m pretty confident I wouldn’t lose a paper ticket, (never have done - touch wood) but not so confident about losing or damaging a phone (which I have done before).

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #43 on: February 1, 2024, 11:00:29 pm »
I’ve read it won’t be the same NFC pass used for Anfield, but instead a different one emailed to work with Wembley’s turnstiles. That correct?

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #44 on: February 1, 2024, 11:12:08 pm »
I’ve read it won’t be the same NFC pass used for Anfield, but instead a different one emailed to work with Wembley’s turnstiles. That correct?

would imagine/expect something similar to Arsenal in the F.A. Cup.
you got a separate email with the NFC download link

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #45 on: February 1, 2024, 11:13:23 pm »
would imagine/expect something similar to Arsenal in the F.A. Cup.
you got a separate email with the NFC download link
I see, ta

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #46 on: February 1, 2024, 11:33:01 pm »
I see, ta
Touts wet dream that.. sooner they find something that can work across the PL/Wembley so it's your own members card etc
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2024, 11:43:09 pm »
Touts wet dream that.. sooner they find something that can work across the PL/Wembley so it's your own members card etc

I know of people who've had their memberships cancelled as they forwarded the NFC and it didn't work at Arsenal (or Palace, both used NFC this season) and then the person using it couldn't prove they owned the ticket when they tried to get a paper one at the TO.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: February 2, 2024, 01:12:31 am »
Think it will be fine to forward Wembley tickets ?

Offline red79

• Kemlynite
« Reply #49 on: February 2, 2024, 05:44:40 am »
I know of people who've had their memberships cancelled as they forwarded the NFC and it didn't work at Arsenal (or Palace, both used NFC this season) and then the person using it couldn't prove they owned the ticket when they tried to get a paper one at the TO.

I wonder if that’s because it had already been downloaded to a phone, then the email was forwarded and downloaded again?

Surely if you forwarded the email before it’s downloaded it will work, 100% people will have to transfer tickets due to someone not making it last minute

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 2, 2024, 06:55:55 am »

Have you heard this from the person themselves?

Sounds a bit far fetched to me that they’d go to the Arsenal TO, be refused the ticket then the Arsenal TO grass them up to our one but I suppose not impossible.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 2, 2024, 07:08:15 am »

Sounds a bit far fetched to me that they’d go to the Arsenal TO, be refused the ticket then the Arsenal TO grass them up to our one but I suppose not impossible.
think It was more LFC staff waiting by their ticket office to intercept and check anyone that got turned away. Heard similar tales after Palace
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 07:18:52 am by DougLFC94 »

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 2, 2024, 07:47:42 am »
think It was more LFC staff waiting by their ticket office to intercept and check anyone that got turned away. Heard similar tales after Palace
Our club are fuckin horrible at times

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 2, 2024, 08:05:53 am »

Not sure why that’s horrible behaviour. That’s what I want the club to be doing, catching out those purchasing and not using it for themselves.

I couldn’t get a ticket for Arsenal. No idea how many passed these on and got away with it.

You buy you go the game, that way it’s easier for people to jump on and off these closed shop ladders.

Loads will be going to Wembley who haven’t even been all the home games, it’s not right. No one should say otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 08:08:04 am by ScubaSteve »

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 2, 2024, 08:14:41 am »

Does every club in the league sell out all their tickets though? They probably wouldn’t be bothered if they don’t.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 2, 2024, 09:59:06 am »

They went to an LFC steward at the ground when it didn't scan and would have been given a paper ticket but didn't have proof of ownership as it wasn't theirs to start with. Arsenal has apparently been having a lot of problems this season with NFCs not scanning.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 2, 2024, 09:59:29 am »

Yeah, exactly this.

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: February 2, 2024, 10:11:11 am »
The question has to be is why wasn't the ticket scanning ?

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #58 on: February 2, 2024, 10:13:29 am »

Yeah what pricks the club are, trying to stop touting and people taking the piss…

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 2, 2024, 10:15:41 am »
The question has to be is why wasn't the ticket scanning ?

Like I said above, stewards at Arsenal have been reporting they've had a lot of issues this season - is it their first season using NFC? Maybe teething problems with the system, not sure. Either that or maybe people just impatient with the scanning or being too slow, causing the light to go red or whatever, see it at Anfield with people not used to it sometimes as well.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: February 2, 2024, 10:15:53 am »
NFC has been a complete failure on both fronts. Touting appears to be worse than it's ever been, yet it's far more difficult for your average supporter to pass a ticket on to a mate or family member

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 2, 2024, 10:16:50 am »
Yeah what pricks the club are, trying to stop touting and people taking the piss…
Suspending memberships for passing a ticket on at face value is snide, unless they have communicated clearly that they will be starting processes where doing this could result in a sanction.

If they clearly outline a plan, there is no argument. But it has to be fair and consistent

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #62 on: February 2, 2024, 10:22:57 am »
Not sure why that’s horrible behaviour. That’s what I want the club to be doing, catching out those purchasing and not using it for themselves.

I couldn’t get a ticket for Arsenal. No idea how many passed these on and got away with it.

You buy you go the game, that way it’s easier for people to jump on and off these closed shop ladders.

Loads will be going to Wembley who haven’t even been all the home games, it’s not right. No one should say otherwise.
What about those that missed a home but went to the other 4, should they not be going to the Final? what about those that did both aways but only 1 home, should they even be allowed to be in the ballot?
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 2, 2024, 10:27:42 am »
What about those that missed a home but went to the other 4, should they not be going to the Final? what about those that did both aways but only 1 home, should they even be allowed to be in the ballot?

Assume the cases you mention would be an exception!

The reality is that this circular argument comes up every year and the only way it will change is if they either bring in cross-season or cross-competition loyalty, which I don't think they should do as it creates another closed shop making it even harder for new fans to get on the ladder or, more realistically, they only allow you to enter a cup final ballot if you scan in at the games required for the loyalty. Is there any reason they don't do this for cup games?

To be totally transparent I missed the Leicester game but have the credit (but also went to Fulham away and don't have the credit), but I wouldn't be against them bringing in that system as then only people who have been to all the matches get entered into the ballot - lower odds and less stress, until that happens it will be the same every year, which I'm also alright with but I do think checking who scans in is the way forward.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 2, 2024, 10:29:09 am »

Yeah, whatever combination they have to meet the requirements to be eligible for a ticket is obvs ok. Just need to make sure that those going the final are the people who have actually attended those games and not just passed them on to F&F for whatever reason.

Not sure why the club haven’t introduced anything yet but did for the league
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 10:31:09 am by ScubaSteve »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #65 on: February 2, 2024, 11:25:12 am »
Suspending memberships for passing a ticket on at face value is snide, unless they have communicated clearly that they will be starting processes where doing this could result in a sanction.

If they clearly outline a plan, there is no argument. But it has to be fair and consistent

I think the problem is so big they need more than just heavily advertised sanctions. I’ve been going every away for 20 years on someone else’s card (I don’t need anyone telling me I know the risks of that). Could have built up my own card during Hodgson but tickets were pushing £60 then and you couldn’t get a taker for love nor money. I couldn’t afford it. Was already in debt following us everywhere.

I know all the regular faces and I’ve seen them change over time as younger people come through. Most regulars are on other people’s tickets - you just need to look at the age demographics to know that. Going hard on sanctions would wholly change the population of the away end. People who’ve followed through thick and thin stopped from going in one fell swoop. I’m fully aware that those who are jealous of the away crowd would love that. But if harsh sanctions are to be brought in - serious conversation needs to be had about the people who actually attend today and have done for years.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 11:29:24 am by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline jwilstroplfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: February 2, 2024, 11:52:08 am »
But surely those people are only there on ‘who you know’ basis 🤷‍♂️

Offline bignred84

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #67 on: February 2, 2024, 12:31:16 pm »
I wonder if that’s because it had already been downloaded to a phone, then the email was forwarded and downloaded again?

Surely if you forwarded the email before it’s downloaded it will work, 100% people will have to transfer tickets due to someone not making it last minute

a number of trains got cancelled on route to the Palace game
plenty never got there, a handful did at great expense.
loads got stuck at Crewe, due to a broken down train blocking the line

some managed to pass on their tickets i believe

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #68 on: February 2, 2024, 12:44:45 pm »
I think the problem is so big they need more than just heavily advertised sanctions. I’ve been going every away for 20 years on someone else’s card (I don’t need anyone telling me I know the risks of that). Could have built up my own card during Hodgson but tickets were pushing £60 then and you couldn’t get a taker for love nor money. I couldn’t afford it. Was already in debt following us everywhere.

I know all the regular faces and I’ve seen them change over time as younger people come through. Most regulars are on other people’s tickets - you just need to look at the age demographics to know that. Going hard on sanctions would wholly change the population of the away end. People who’ve followed through thick and thin stopped from going in one fell swoop. I’m fully aware that those who are jealous of the away crowd would love that. But if harsh sanctions are to be brought in - serious conversation needs to be had about the people who actually attend today and have done for years.
Absolutely bang on this, every word. I'm basically in the same boat, could have got on under Hodgson but likewise I couldn't afford it at the time (was also heavily in debt because of following us). Have since only missed 5 domestic aways over the last 11 years (obviously the covid affected matches apart), domestic cups are always in my own name but not a single league away is. And yes, a large chuck of our away following are the same faces every week. Just going by our group, 8 of us have pretty much gone to every domestic away for years but only 1 actually buys and attends in their own name, without a shadow of a doubt thats repeated accross our regular away following. In particular the numerous groups of young lads that follow us everywhere, its impossible for any of them to be going in their own name...but some on here want to fuck them off as well as the all of the others that don't go in their own name.

And yes, most of it is down to jealousy.

The other thing that some need to realise too is that their are 10's of thousands that would love to get on the away ladder, but ultimately the problem is that there are nowhere near enough tickets to satisfy the demand.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 12:57:28 pm by ABJ »
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline jwilstroplfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: February 2, 2024, 12:58:13 pm »
But most don’t have the chance to go in their own name or anyone else’s name for that matter because it’s a case of who you know as I mentioned above.
Wrong thread for this I guess but surely people can see the aways need some kind of overhaul (except those who know people to go on other tickets)

Offline Rodneyhide

• Main Stander
« Reply #70 on: February 2, 2024, 01:02:22 pm »
Not sure it's mostly jealousy
Not everyone wants to visit the glorious towns of Burnley, Sheffield and Wolverhampton every other week.
Maybe to have a chance of getting to 1+ might be more appealing. One obvious way of that happening is having a percentage balloted each match - but like any system/process it will have those who disagree.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #71 on: February 2, 2024, 01:05:05 pm »
But most don’t have the chance to go in their own name or anyone else’s name for that matter because it’s a case of who you know as I mentioned above.
Wrong thread for this I guess but surely people can see the aways need some kind of overhaul (except those who know people to go on other tickets)
Oh I agree that it needs a massive overhaul...the problem is that certain people in high places will always push back from that happening.   

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #72 on: February 2, 2024, 01:08:00 pm »
Not everyone wants to visit the glorious towns of Burnley, Sheffield and Wolverhampton every other week.
Maybe to have a chance of getting to 1+ might be more appealing. One obvious way of that happening is having a percentage balloted each match - but like any system/process it will have those who disagree.
Agreed re. a percentage being balloting for every match, although some will want 10% balloted and others 100%.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 2, 2024, 01:25:02 pm »

Yeah agreed on this.

I’m not jealous. I’m not interested in going every week as I my kids take precedent over football so I couldn’t justify the weekly travel time/cost. 

Unless you’re young and living at home or old and your kids have left home, how anyone can travel long distances every week (and have kids) for even home games is beyond me.

A small percentage of tickets to be balloted for each away game (based on home attendance of that comp would be good). First though, the club need to do some type of amnesty like they did with the ST overhaul

Anyway, back to the league cup final…good luck all  ;)
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 01:26:59 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 2, 2024, 01:26:25 pm »
Absolutely bang on this, every word. I'm basically in the same boat, could have got on under Hodgson but likewise I couldn't afford it at the time (was also heavily in debt because of following us). Have since only missed 5 domestic aways over the last 11 years (obviously the covid affected matches apart), domestic cups are always in my own name but not a single league away is. And yes, a large chuck of our away following are the same faces every week. Just going by our group, 8 of us have pretty much gone to every domestic away for years but only 1 actually buys and attends in their own name, without a shadow of a doubt thats repeated accross our regular away following. In particular the numerous groups of young lads that follow us everywhere, its impossible for any of them to be going in their own name...but some on here want to fuck them off as well as the all of the others that don't go in their own name.

And yes, most of it is down to jealousy.

The other thing that some need to realise too is that their are 10's of thousands that would love to get on the away ladder, but ultimately the problem is that there are nowhere near enough tickets to satisfy the demand.

Out of interest do the people who actually have the tickets in their name have any interest in going at all? Do they swoop in when it’s a big game or have they f*cked it off altogether?

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 2, 2024, 01:27:45 pm »
Anyone know what the PRH takeup has been so far?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #76 on: February 2, 2024, 01:53:28 pm »
Out of interest do the people who actually have the tickets in their name have any interest in going at all? Do they swoop in when it’s a big game or have they f*cked it off altogether?

The ones we use fucked aways off altogether 20 years ago and we’ve been using them since. They would be very happy to transfer them over.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 02:07:31 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #77 on: February 2, 2024, 02:00:44 pm »
The ones we use fucked it off altogether 20 years ago and we’ve been using them since. They would be very happy to transfer them over.
Why didn't they a couple of seasons ago then?

I think a ballot/lottery for away tickets would be a good idea for every away, even if it was 20 tickets. I'm aware the demand would be huge but it is better than the chance I have at the moment which is a big fat 0.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 2, 2024, 02:05:07 pm »

You could only transfer an entire ST to a person. No idea on BBs situation, but it could be they fucked off the aways but go the homes on a ST. Or they could have fucked everything off and he has their card with just aways, but BB has a ST himself.  There was no merging or picking and choosing allowed.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #79 on: February 2, 2024, 02:06:13 pm »

I think a ballot/lottery for away tickets would be a good idea for every away, even if it was 20 tickets. I'm aware the demand would be huge but it is better than the chance I have at the moment which is a big fat 0.

They kept their season tickets for homes. We’ve got our own season tickets for that - loaded with aways in domestic cups and europe. We only use their league aways. We did ask at fan update if away credits could be transferred and were met with a flat no.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2024, 02:08:03 pm by Barry Banana »
Long live the King