Author Topic: Jayden Danns  (Read 23218 times)

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
Re: Jayden Danns
« Reply #120 on: February 29, 2024, 12:19:21 am »
Noticed on social media a lot of people born in the mid-90's feeling old seeing the son of a footballer they grew up with getting on the scoresheet. Reminds me of the shock of seeing Tom Ince represent us back in 10-11 ago. Danns looks much more likely to make a career here though, great stuff.

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2024, 12:23:00 am »
Danns Danns Revolution

Offline Frenchie

• Kemlynite

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2024, 12:44:08 am »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2024, 02:00:42 am »
Kid scores 2 and he's only got 1 back page  :wanker :wanker
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #126 on: February 29, 2024, 02:55:06 am »
When he came on I texted the old man and said this is a boy to watch, 15 mins later I got a response “F**king Phil Lynotts a player alright”  ;D
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 04:22:24 am by Johnny Aldridge »
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #127 on: February 29, 2024, 03:15:15 am »
I hope we see more of him even as Mo and Darwin return to fitness. We need someone to replace some of Jota's goals.

Offline itihasas

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: February 29, 2024, 04:22:19 am »
Is he a mid or a forward?
Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions - Rig Veda

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2024, 05:41:19 am »
Is he a mid or a forward?

His a number 9.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2024, 06:12:25 am »
When he came on I texted the old man and said this is a boy to watch, 15 mins later I got a response “F**king Phil Lynotts a player alright”  ;D
thats exactly what i thought.. makes "the boys are {back} intown" appropriate given the last few weeks
JFT 96

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 29, 2024, 06:13:30 am »
your not wrong

Bradley, Quansah, Clark,  McConnell, Elliott (kinda), Koumas, Scanlon, Gordon, Danns, Nyoni all look like they will make it.

Add Jones and Trent to that

You missed out Bajcetic and Doak who Klopp made a point of mentioning. Obviously it’s a little different these days because in the case of Bacjetic, Doak, Elliot we’ve imported them relatively late so much of their academy years have been spent elsewhere. That said, it’d be very cool but unprecedented for that many to make it with us. Most of them look like they’ll have very decent careers. Two or three already look like they’ll have those careers for us. But it’s very, very hard to make it into the first team squad here for the long term.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 06:21:01 am by Knight »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #132 on: February 29, 2024, 06:24:44 am »
I heard this on my way to work this morning, but it really was "Murder on the Dann's floor". Shout out to the obviously Red DJ.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 29, 2024, 07:06:40 am »
You missed out Bajcetic and Doak who Klopp made a point of mentioning. Obviously it’s a little different these days because in the case of Bacjetic, Doak, Elliot we’ve imported them relatively late so much of their academy years have been spent elsewhere. That said, it’d be very cool but unprecedented for that many to make it with us. Most of them look like they’ll have very decent careers. Two or three already look like they’ll have those careers for us. But it’s very, very hard to make it into the first team squad here for the long term.
McConnell, Scanlon, Gordon, NYoni, Clark and Bradley from that list where also brought at like age 15 or 16. Like they all still considered academy coming at age. The recruitment and development been really good too

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2024, 07:13:27 am »
This dude already has more trophy than Kane now. lol
Believer

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2024, 07:17:42 am »
McConnell, Scanlon, Gordon, NYoni, Clark and Bradley from that list where also brought at like age 15 or 16. Like they all still considered academy coming at age. The recruitment and development been really good too

Ah interesting, seems like we've begun to do an absolutely brilliant job of both spotting and wooing teenagers who look like they've got the tools to make it at the top level.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2024, 07:56:55 am »

We need "Danns-ing in the Moonlight" to be his song
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2024, 08:14:17 am »
Well done lad. Boss performance.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #138 on: February 29, 2024, 08:26:52 am »
Don't know if anyone watched his interview on the pitch after the final whistle last night, but he was so wholesome and just absolutely buzzing. Came across as a cracking kid, said his dad was crying when made his debut.  ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2024, 08:48:00 am »
A bit of Chic on the Kop is long overdue

He’s Jayden Danns
Do do do do
Jayden Danns
Jayden Danns

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #140 on: February 29, 2024, 09:10:03 am »
2 goals at Kop end. 2! Greedy sod. :D I watched his interview too, nearly had me bibbin...His family will be bouncin for ever.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #141 on: February 29, 2024, 09:23:59 am »
Well i would like it noted i called for a hat trick BEFORE the game.  ;D  Kids let me down damn it.

Obviously that was wildly speculative but the half hour against Chelsea he just appeared to be a natural finisher. That first goal really bore that out. Frankly, i expected row z or well wide and i couldn't believe my eyes when the net bulged, i couldn't quite work out the maths at first blush. Then the replay and he's just nonchalantly lifted it over him, winning the game in the process. Brilliant. Michael Owen vibes, finishing wise.

no pressure kid, no pressure  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2024, 09:31:57 am »
His link up play is pretty good too. Check some of his highlights from the youth team games, he constantly brings others into the game. Drags defenders all over the pitch

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #143 on: February 29, 2024, 09:36:00 am »
your not wrong

Bradley, Quansah, Clark,  McConnell, Elliott (kinda), Koumas, Scanlon, Gordon, Danns, Nyoni all look like they will make it.

Add Jones and Trent to that

I would say there’s very little chance that all of the above make over 25 appearances for Liverpool.

I’d be delighted if 4 out of Bradley, Quansah, Clark, McConnell, Koumas, Scanlon, Gordon, Danns and Nyoni make 100 appearances for Liverpool. That would be a really successful outcome.

All have the ability to make a living out of football but we are not being realistic if we even think most of these young players will make it at the elite level of Liverpool. That’s a really high hurdle for any young player.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2024, 09:52:24 am »
That first goal was a lovely finish.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2024, 10:01:29 am »
I would say there’s very little chance that all of the above make over 25 appearances for Liverpool.

I’d be delighted if 4 out of Bradley, Quansah, Clark, McConnell, Koumas, Scanlon, Gordon, Danns and Nyoni make 100 appearances for Liverpool. That would be a really successful outcome.

All have the ability to make a living out of football but we are not being realistic if we even think most of these young players will make it at the elite level of Liverpool. That’s a really high hurdle for any young player.
Who are the last 4 academy players to make 100+ appearances, Jones Trent, Sterling, Kelly? Getting 4 from that group +Doak and Bajcetic to 100+ appearances would be an incredible achievement I'd argue just one getting to that figure would be really successful to be honest

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2024, 10:04:35 am »
what very impressice with danns is the chances he has got on the end of & hit the target in his small amunt of mins
in regards to McConnell & Clark i dont see them as exceptional. Bajcetic looks a level above

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2024, 10:12:59 am »
We win a cup final with the kids, Koumas scores on his home debut, Danns scores two into the Kop...and the thread turns into bedroom talent scouts raining on the Academy parade before they've even had their kits washed....... ;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:44 am »
Has Bellew been getting more pelters from bitters for wanting the son of his best mate to do well?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2024, 10:21:30 am »
His goals, and what it could mean for his future, are probably even better than us winning that game. One round progress in the cup, and basically a new striker in the team ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 29, 2024, 10:30:05 am »
Murder on the Danns floor.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 29, 2024, 10:56:56 am »
Who are the last 4 academy players to make 100+ appearances, Jones Trent, Sterling, Kelly? Getting 4 from that group +Doak and Bajcetic to 100+ appearances would be an incredible achievement I'd argue just one getting to that figure would be really successful to be honest

I think at the start of the season just one would have been the right goal. Quansah's emergence has changed that a little bit though because right now I'd be more surprised if he didn't get 100 appearances. He's good enough to be 4th/5th choice CB already and he's a total baby in CB terms.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 29, 2024, 11:18:03 am »
I think at the start of the season just one would have been the right goal. Quansah's emergence has changed that a little bit though because right now I'd be more surprised if he didn't get 100 appearances. He's good enough to be 4th/5th choice CB already and he's a total baby in CB terms.

Quansah is probably third choice at CB right now. Even though I don't think we really think like that, we just pick whoever is fit of our CBs, trying to manage minutes.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #153 on: February 29, 2024, 11:24:04 am »
Turns out his grandad is a former European skate boarding champ and his sister turned out for the uk at jr Eurovision Song Contest. That an his dads been mentioned as a ex footy player and music producer

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 29, 2024, 11:32:09 am »

Way too early to build up hopes about any of our current crop of academy hopefuls but Quansah does look nailed on for a long career with us.

The sudden emergence of Danns reminds me of the way Owen burst onto the scene in 1996. No idea if Danns has the potential to hit Owen levels, and obviously he's a different kind of player, but he's made an incredible start. Even if he is that good, we need to manage his minutes so he doesn't burn out like Owen did. Hopefully he'll turn out to be less of a twat than Owen too. Came across well in his post-match interview last night.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #155 on: February 29, 2024, 11:47:27 am »
The two finishes last night were different, but between them showed a lot of what you want from a striker. The first one was about timing of the run and having that picture in your head of the goal the keeper and knowing how to ensure it ends in the back of the net. Having the calmness under pressure to execute what he wanted to do.

The second was all about instinct and making sure you’re reacting quicker than defenders and being in the right place.

Is he 18? To show these skills at this level at his age is very very promising
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 29, 2024, 11:51:48 am »
Just watched a comp of his youth goals. A real wide variety of goals.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #157 on: February 29, 2024, 12:53:49 pm »
Christened "Big Salah" by a lad behind me in 305.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2024, 02:48:49 pm »

I think Bradley and Quansah have clearly separated themselves from that group. Both are IMO at minimum the long term backup options at their positions. Barring injury, I think they are as close to locks as you can get.

If we get 1 of the rest to develop well enough to get 100 appearances that would be great. Because the bottom line is they have to be good enough that we can't go out buy 2-3 players that are clearly superior in their position. Which is an incredibly tall order, even if they are all super talented and Premier League quality players.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2024, 02:54:01 pm »
Still think it's a tall order for any of them just as you never know how injuries, new manager, set backs, new signings are going to impact them. Really just getting to the first team for games is a massive achievement for anyone, let alone impacting them and winning trophies. Also good to see after years of wanting us to use acadmey players as rotation options more they're showing how well it can work! Even if they don't all make it hopefully can give the next manager confidence in the next group as well. Really need, or hope we can get someone as willing as Klopp to take risks on them