« Reply #5760 on: May 28, 2021, 10:18:36 am »
Argos have stock of the Series X back in

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: Xbox
« Reply #5761 on: May 28, 2021, 11:18:52 am »
A weird thing (I don’t understand) that sometimes fixes video errors for me is to take the hdmi cable out & swap ends to the devices. 🤷‍♂️
Was about to post this.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5762 on: May 29, 2021, 07:07:42 pm »
Quick Resume is so buggy. It’s got to the point where I just quit games when I finish, so they’re not suspended in QR. Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5763 on: May 30, 2021, 07:25:34 am »
It only works on specific games though. I've actually been surprised at how good it works. It even quick resumes from a cold boot, which was a good surprise
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5764 on: May 30, 2021, 08:51:39 am »
It only works on specific games though. I've actually been surprised at how good it works. It even quick resumes from a cold boot, which was a good surprise
Well it’s not working well on games it’s supposed to work on, though - that’s my issue. Glad yours is ok though  :)

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5765 on: May 30, 2021, 04:19:32 pm »
Damn, that sucks :( Quick resume is one of those things you don't think will make much of a difference but once you experience it, you'll wonder how you ever did without! It might accidentally get fixed with a game/system update, who knows

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5766 on: May 30, 2021, 06:04:38 pm »
Switched my series s on for the first time in a few weeks today, had a scroll through gamepass and there really isn’t anything new or interesting to play for me.

Definately need to release a big game or two this year to get the hype back.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5767 on: May 31, 2021, 07:33:40 am »
Yea, I'm waiting for something that looks next gen. Suppose nothing will arrive until next year at the earliest.

When do you guys think they will stop including support for the original Xbox One for any new games?

I think development for actual next gen gaming is held back by having to adjust the product to make it run on old hardware. Which is why I'm expecting to be underwhelmed by BF6..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5768 on: May 31, 2021, 08:33:41 am »
It's gonna be a good few years I think, maybe 3-4? I remember they were releasing Fifa 19 on the Xbox 360.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5769 on: May 31, 2021, 02:01:02 pm »
It's gonna be a good few years I think, maybe 3-4? I remember they were releasing Fifa 19 on the Xbox 360.

Crikey, hopefully not that long! We'd be talking about the generation after Series X then  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5770 on: May 31, 2021, 02:56:42 pm »
Yeah they’ve had a slow start to the new gen in regards to new exclusive games but I suppose with the amount of studios they’ve bought lately means new games will be in the pipeline.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5771 on: June 10, 2021, 03:17:02 pm »
Finally joined the Series X ranks - wow! Its so graphically superior to the One S
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5772 on: June 13, 2021, 06:10:34 pm »
Starfield confirmed as an Xbox exclusive, a shame for PS owners, release date 11th November 2022.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5773 on: June 13, 2021, 07:33:48 pm »
Starfield confirmed as an Xbox exclusive, a shame for PS owners, release date 11th November 2022.

Yeah that sucks. Going to have to get it on PC now.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5774 on: June 14, 2021, 08:32:42 am »

Didn't MS literally buy Bethesda to ensure stuff like this?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5775 on: June 14, 2021, 08:50:01 am »
Didn't MS literally buy Bethesda to ensure stuff like this?

Partly. There's also gonna be timed exclusives and cross platform games as well. If Bethesda makes money, Microsoft makes money. So don't think they'll shut themselves off from the PS revenue stream completely.

Microsoft also announced they'll be working with TV manufacturers to have XBox/Gamepass apps built-in, and that they're working on streaming devices as well which you can just plug into your HDMI and start playing off the cloud. Basically all you'd need is a controller, no need for a new Xbox consolse (which they're basically selling at a loss anyway now). I just hope that doesn't mean no more consoles at all. I'd rather not rely on an internet connection to play a game.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5776 on: June 14, 2021, 08:52:16 am »
I’m a big fan of the Forza Horizon series and have to say I was underwhelmed when the Mexico setting rumours began (I’m desperate for Japan), but that trailer was pretty special.
AHA!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5777 on: June 14, 2021, 08:56:35 am »
Partly. There's also gonna be timed exclusives and cross platform games as well. If Bethesda makes money, Microsoft makes money. So don't think they'll shut themselves off from the PS revenue stream completely.

Microsoft also announced they'll be working with TV manufacturers to have XBox/Gamepass apps built-in, and that they're working on streaming devices as well which you can just plug into your HDMI and start playing off the cloud. Basically all you'd need is a controller, no need for a new Xbox consolse (which they're basically selling at a loss anyway now). I just hope that doesn't mean no more consoles at all. I'd rather not rely on an internet connection to play a game.

I can see it going that way unfortunately. As each year goes by they edge closer to just being GamePass with no console required. Eventually they will swerve consoles.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5778 on: June 15, 2021, 02:48:01 pm »

There are no Bethesda games releasing on PS going forward (apart from those that already had contracts signed such as Deathloop). They will continue to bring updates and so on to ESO and FO76 but every new games, Starfield, Fallout 5, ES 6, Redfall, Doom and so on are now Xbox exclusives. They want you paying for Gamepass or owning an Xbox console, they don't care either way. PS5 owner who has to play ES6 or Starfield, pay £10.99 for Gamepass and stream it on your TV or phone or tablet

I also can't see them stopping consoles either. They already mentioned they're already working on the next console

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5779 on: June 15, 2021, 02:49:38 pm »
Have to say that E3 for Xbox was really good. 27 of the 30 games shown coming to Gamepass day one, some great looking exclusive games and getting a good look at some games coming in the next 12-18 months

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #5780 on: June 17, 2021, 12:43:52 pm »
I am currently waiting to get hold of a Series X - ideally from Amazon as I have a load of Gift Cards - but my patience is wearing thin.  Every time I search I see I can get a Series S delivered tomorrow, saving me a not insignificant sum of money.  My main reason for wanting an X is that I want to be able to use my old One disks in my new console.  If I was to forgo this and get the S while keeping my One, what else am I missing out on?  I am a very casual gamer and wonder if I would even notice the difference?

Alternatively, does anyone have any good guess as to when the Series X will be more easily available to purchase?  So should I wait?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5781 on: June 17, 2021, 12:52:28 pm »
Think they’ve said shortages will continue until next year, a lot more bundles seem to be appearing in various places though. Not sure if Amazon have had a drop of late, so could be due.
AHA!

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5782 on: June 17, 2021, 12:57:18 pm »
I managed to grab a Series X this morning from Smyths on the all access deal. Will pick up later. Don’t think I’ll actually need to buy any games for it given what’s on, and coming to, game pass.

It’s the first Xbox I’ve ever owned so will be interesting to see how it compares to my PlayStation experience.

It was Flight simulator that tipped me over to get one!

I would keep an eye on the Smyths toys website and see what stock arrives in stores nearby. It gives a few options and for the last few days there has been a trickle of Xs coming in.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5783 on: June 17, 2021, 01:04:02 pm »
I managed to grab a Series X this morning from Smyths on the all access deal. Will pick up later. Don’t think I’ll actually need to buy any games for it given what’s on, and coming to, game pass.

It’s the first Xbox I’ve ever owned so will be interesting to see how it compares to my PlayStation experience.

I would keep an eye on the Smyths toys website and see what stock arrives in stores nearby. It gives a few options and for the last few days there has been a trickle of Xs coming in.
Same here, looks incredible on the Xbox Series X. I'll be picking one up near Xmas time. I like to use a mouse and keyboard so that's what pulled me in. Although I do hope there's more add-ons available soon. I'm desperately waiting for a traffic add-on which would replace the boring generic liveries with real airlines.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #5784 on: June 17, 2021, 01:09:17 pm »

I am kind of bound to Amazon as everyone thought it would be a great idea to get me Amazon gift cards as gifts knowing you couldn't get a Series X for love nor money prior to Christmas.

What is the difference, to a non technical person, in the graphics/speed between the S and the X?  Would I be satisified with the S, given that Game Pass is going to be where most games are now?

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5785 on: June 17, 2021, 01:10:10 pm »
Any decent wireless mouse and keyboard deals about? I’ve got a ton of strategy/simulator games installed but just won’t touch them with a pad.
AHA!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5786 on: June 17, 2021, 08:24:23 pm »
I am kind of bound to Amazon as everyone thought it would be a great idea to get me Amazon gift cards as gifts knowing you couldn't get a Series X for love nor money prior to Christmas.

What is the difference, to a non technical person, in the graphics/speed between the S and the X?  Would I be satisified with the S, given that Game Pass is going to be where most games are now?

Well they're touting the S as a 1080p machine and the X as the 4k one. Also the storage is half that on the X, but you can just use an external drive to store and play non-Series S optimized games, and move the optimized ones over to the internal storage while playing.

If you're a casual gamer who won't fixate on pixels, the S should be good enough. But if you can wait it out and afford it, I'd go for the X for sure.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5787 on: June 17, 2021, 09:02:45 pm »
Yeah I went for the X.

I'll save money in pre owned vs digital games alone.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #5788 on: June 17, 2021, 10:35:48 pm »
My X came today.  I've had every Xbox gen, and got the One before the PS4 last gen, but I went PS5 first this time round and had planned to wait a while before getting the Xbox   Early impressions are decent, it's clearly a very capable machine.  I think I'll keep using my PS5 as my primary console and my intention with this is my Game Pass machine (finally, the Xbox  games are coming again).

It is a bit mad how the UI is the same as the One but I know so many people like that.

I'm buzzing for Halo, I'm not even a Halo superfan but I really want it in my life

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5789 on: June 18, 2021, 05:56:31 am »
My X came today.  I've had every Xbox gen, and got the One before the PS4 last gen, but I went PS5 first this time round and had planned to wait a while before getting the Xbox   Early impressions are decent, it's clearly a very capable machine.  I think I'll keep using my PS5 as my primary console and my intention with this is my Game Pass machine (finally, the Xbox  games are coming again).

It is a bit mad how the UI is the same as the One but I know so many people like that.

I'm buzzing for Halo, I'm not even a Halo superfan but I really want it in my life

You should play the remastered MCC on the X. Looks and plays great. Well, 1 to 3 anyway. I haven't replayed 4 and 5 even once  ;D

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #5790 on: June 18, 2021, 12:11:40 pm »
You should play the remastered MCC on the X. Looks and plays great. Well, 1 to 3 anyway. I haven't replayed 4 and 5 even once  ;D
Yeah I probably will to be honest.  Gonna finish 5 firs though.  The gameplay us kinda ok to be honest

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5791 on: June 18, 2021, 01:44:12 pm »
I loved 1-4

Can't believe they got rid of split screen coop from 5. One of the best things about Halo

Soon as I realised there was no split screen coop I uninstalled it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5792 on: June 21, 2021, 09:38:44 am »
Gamepass Ultimate really looking like a bargain. I would've bought FH 5, Flight Simulator and Halo Infinite, which would've cost more than a year's subscription.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #5793 on: June 23, 2021, 02:09:29 pm »
BT Shop has Series X available right now of anyone looking for one.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #5794 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:40 am »
Currys also

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5795 on: July 3, 2021, 06:22:51 pm »
Don't know if this is the thread for it, but can anyone recommend a decent and "cheap" monitor that will display 120fps?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5796 on: July 13, 2021, 12:04:38 pm »
I've had a Series X for nearly a month now, thoughts below. Until now I've been exclusively a PlayStation person, including the PS5. I caved and got the X as the All Access deal became available at our local Smyths and I really wanted to play the new Flight Sim game.

Packaging: The packaging and unboxing of the X is really nice, it's well protected but there's a well designed opening to it which makes it a bit of an event. The PS5 packaging was basic and used dull functional cardboard by comparison.

Console: The Series X looks great in my living room, stood up near the TV. I like the PS5 style, and the white has grown on me, but with a Series X nearby the PS5 does look a bit daft. It's like the PS5 is trying too hard to prove it's next-gen whereas the Xbox is happy just to get on with things in the background. The X is also quieter for me so far. They're both very quiet overall (compared to a PS4 Pro) but in quieter game moments i've occasional heard the PS5 but haven't had a peep from the X. If anything I've found the PS5 marginally more responsive and the load times slightly swifter but i suspect that's largely due to me playing more next-gen titles on that so far where they've optimised things better.

Interface: The PS5 front end is definitely better looking as it's all in 4k HDR. I'm used to more of the Sony way if doing things so it's been an easy adjustment to the PS5 UI. The Xbox UI is decent but lacks a bit of shine. You can see the PC heritage to it by the way some of the menus work but overall I've found it easy to get used to and use, and have found everything i've needed so far without needing a manual or Google.

Controller: Having never really used the Xbox controller we've all found it immediately comfortable. There's enough similarity with the PS controller for it to feel familiar. The PS5 Dualsense definitely feels like a more premium product compared to the Xbox controller. Haptics aside, the buttons on the Dualsense have a better press and the triggers are more responsive and tactile to use. Can't believe the Xbox controller still needs AA batteries!

Gamepass: It's great isn't it. As part of the All Access deal you get Ultimate for 2 years. The PS+ subscription is cheaper and the monthly games are often decent but it's nowhere near as comprehensive as the Xbox offering even accounting for the price difference. With Flight Sim, FH5 and a few of the other exclusive games coming out it'll pay for itself really - and i'm not really bothered by some of the exclusives like Gears but can try them out without any extra cost if I like. I can't see myself actually having to buy a game for the next year or so - perhaps some add-ons for the ones on Gamepass but that's it.

Overall I've been impressed with the Series X. I can't wait for Flight Sim to come out later this month at which point I suspect it'll be my console of choice for a few months. I'm looking forward to FH5, having never played a Forza game i've really enjoyed FH4 so far. It's a refreshing change from Gran Turismo, even if i will definitely get that for PS5 when it finally arrives. I think for things like GTA I'll still go with the PS5 unless there is a big reason to go with the Xbox. The only downside is that my son can now play Minecraft with all his mates across PS and Xbox, luckily it's on Gamepass so i've not had to buy it a 3rd time...

I'm really enjoying games again at the moment, Gamepass and the variety it offers, really helps with that. We're lucky to have two great options for consoles at the moment and from my, admittedly privileged, position of getting hold of both I don't think you'll go far wrong with either this generation.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5797 on: July 29, 2021, 09:49:07 am »
Microsoft's Backwards Compatibility list is blank, so I'll ask here as I can't get a straight answer from googling - does anyone know if the original Xbox Version of PES 4 will work on a Series X?

Either by disc or download from the marketplace if it's still on there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5798 on: July 30, 2021, 05:15:47 am »
https://www.xbox.com/en-in/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xboxOG

Looks like the list is loading now? PES 4 isn't on it though

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #5799 on: July 30, 2021, 10:42:30 am »
the Halo Infinite gameplay can be seen at end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxs05bjCzkU
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England