Author Topic: John Henry Interview on FSC  (Read 8806 times)

Offline fatlip13

• Anny Roader
Re: John Henry Interview on FSC
« Reply #40 on: February 7, 2011, 10:23:57 am »
like everything the owners say. believe we wiill win the league shortly.

as for the business side and abramovich then if NESV sell liverpool we will be in good financial shape. when or if roman leaves chelsea what happens there, for sale sign

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: February 7, 2011, 10:24:48 am »
I checked the weblinks for the BBC and Sky interviews but I'm sure I didn't hear it so I thought it was an old interview. I'll go have another look.

I just thought it was good to know, a way of refuting some of the muppets who think FSG budgeted for Torres's sale in January (before buying Suarez). But I wanted to be hear him say it myself.
He definitely said it. Im sure he mentioned it in one of the carroll/suarez pressies.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #42 on: February 7, 2011, 10:27:47 am »
It's at the end of the sky interview when he's asked about being appointed as full time manager - 3.50 in

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6735396,00.html

Clearly you haven't got used to kenny's accent yet  :P
« Last Edit: February 7, 2011, 10:30:04 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #43 on: February 7, 2011, 10:28:46 am »
Ok, so the guy says the right things and seems to have stepped up to the plate in dealing with the Torres saga. I am much more positive about this lot than the last lot. But let's not kid ourselves, despite him constantly talking about delivering the title for the community and fans the main reason he is here is money. They have invested in the club with an expectation of a return on there investment. They are businessmen. It's great that they see what we all see, a successful football business is dependent on a successful team on the pitch. So it's good that their focus tallies with what we all want, success for Liverpool Football Club. But if their hopes and ours diverge then the club will lose out. These guys aren't saints so let's keep our adulation for KK and the lads on the pitch.

well, that was a great read. ffs of course they bought it to make money. it IS a business.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 7, 2011, 10:36:40 am »
There are many, many better ways to invest your money than buying Liverpool FC. Look what is over his right sholder during the interview. That is what he is about, winning. Look at the shit-eating grin he has with the big cigar in his mouth when the Red Sox broke their 'curse'. He is not a sugar daddy, NESV pride themslves on being smart and responsible owners, but he would take being a winner over an extra couple of million every day. He made his fortune. Now he is enjoying that fortune by winning shit.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #45 on: February 7, 2011, 10:37:30 am »
It's at the end of the sky interview when he's asked about being appointed as full time manager - 3.50 in

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6735396,00.html

Clearly you haven't got used to kenny's accent yet  :P

Cheers, found it. Don't know how I missed it first time round but it's great to know
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 7, 2011, 10:39:32 am »
I don't think the new owners have put a foot wrong since they came in, and are a breath of fresh air after all the problems caused by the last lot.

JWH is refined, educated and classy (could any of those words be used to describe H&G?), but more than that they seem to have a real desire to get Liverpool back where it belongs - at the top of the table, and understand just what it means to us all.

They may want to make money out of Liverpool, but I dont get the feeling that is their over-riding aim - quite the opposite in fact.  Success will bring money into the club of course and that will be great for them and the club, but the fact that we spent £50m in the transfer window on just two players indicates where their priorities lie.

I am hopeful that FSG could be the perfect fit for this club and that very good times are ahead.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #47 on: February 7, 2011, 11:36:12 am »
It's just reassuring to see the club moving in the right direction. FSG are making all the right noises so far and it feels as if the club is now picking itself up and moving upwards. Their seems to be a calm around the place at the moment. Bad influences in the boardroom, dugout and playing field have been dispelled with swift efficieny. There are no more protests, bad energy and negativity around the place; instead its been replaced by optimisum, excitment and a real belief that the club as a whole is embarking on a new exciting chapter.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline m4ttc

• Main Stander
« Reply #48 on: February 7, 2011, 12:00:52 pm »
He's a great guy, I really like him but I like his missus even more. Only joking. All signs are positive and the summer should be really interesting on how ambitious they are

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #49 on: February 7, 2011, 02:01:22 pm »
Thanks for posting.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Operation Hennessey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #50 on: February 7, 2011, 03:00:51 pm »
Good to see his knowledge of the game growing. I was really pleased to see him saying it was the style of football that saw to the end of Hodgson rather than just results etc, shows a good understanding. Always feel better for watching his interviews.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 7, 2011, 03:01:31 pm »
gotta be said, John Henry is one smooth operator

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: February 7, 2011, 05:04:28 pm »
Just to time-stamp the interview - Henry was interviewed last week - either Wednesday or Thursday. The interview was broadcast at the weekend just gone - Saturday I think. So a few days after the transfer window had shut, but after the Stoke match.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #53 on: February 7, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »
Many thanks for posting this.

Such class from this man.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline red_pete

• Anny Roader
« Reply #54 on: February 7, 2011, 05:19:08 pm »
Probably I came across as a bit negative in my post. I agree that he/they has done everything right up to this point. But I don't think we can compare FSG to Abramovich. Chelsea is a toy for Abramovich and he is, as you say, in it for his ego. But the New York Times is a stake holder in NESV (FSG's parent company) and they sure as hell aren't in it for the kudos. If they continue to do the right thing by the club everyone's happy, all I was saying was that as a corporation their primary focus is making money out of LFC. They have gone about it a different way to H&G, I hope it continues.
If you did your research (google is your friend) you'd find that in their entire ownership of the Red Sox they have never taken a dividend.

Offline imnotcomingback

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: February 7, 2011, 06:22:56 pm »
If you put yourself in Henry's shoes for a minute. Here is a guy that is rich. He doesn't need to do anything at all to live very comfortably for the rest of his life. So what are his motivations?

Well, he could be the type that wants to amass wealth on an even larger scale. If so, would he be in the sports business given his background. I doubt it.

On the other hand, he sees the opportunity to make some money and have fun and a sense of satisfaction at the same time. Now, that is what would make me interested and it seems to rock his boat too.

So, I want to have fun and make money....ergo, my teams have to be successful.

Every interview I have seen with him that appears to be his mantra. Now he appears to be getting to grips with how he can make that happen.

I think we may just have been lucky enough to get a gem of an owner.

He is amassing wealth though. But wealth is different from money.  Thank God he knows the difference.
YNWA

Online Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 7, 2011, 07:43:01 pm »
Another good interview from one of the owners, not as funny as Kennys interviews but I like hearing them almost as much!
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline hiphopdj

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 7, 2011, 07:52:47 pm »
The man exudes class 
For those of you watching in blue and white this is what a european cup looks like.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #58 on: February 9, 2011, 10:41:54 am »
It would be nice if they appeared on This is Anfield again at least they can be asked proper questions this time and it won't all be about Hodgson.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.