Author Topic: Mamadou Sakho  (Read 7147 times)

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
Mamadou Sakho
« on: July 5, 2020, 03:13:00 am »
Old thread locked.

Just saw his utter calamitous piece of play vs. Leicester today. What an absolutely enigma this guy is. Seems to constantly be out of place, make rash decisions and fail at the fundamentals yet has managed to carve out some career, including captaining PSG and playing for *that* Liverpool team of 13/14.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #1 on: July 5, 2020, 03:34:27 am »
He wasn't very good against us either. I always felt he was overated in Rawk because he wasn't a role Z defender. We tend to do that on here.

Don't think he is long for this league.Maybe he will go back to France and settle down as stick to the basics

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 5, 2020, 04:00:24 am »
Was ridiculously overrated on here.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2020, 04:27:32 am »
In hindsight it was a decent decision to let him go and keep Lovren. I think at the time RAWK was pretty pissed off at that decision.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2020, 09:36:06 am »
Was ridiculously overrated on here.

This..Hes rubbish.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 5, 2020, 11:31:26 am »
The OP reminds me of the OP for that old David N'Gog thread.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6 on: July 5, 2020, 11:36:25 am »
Thought he was fine for us and no worse than some of the average CBs we’ve had before. Justifying his exit on how he’s performed since leaving us is not really fair.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7 on: July 5, 2020, 11:38:03 am »
He can be erratic but was still our best defender through the Carragher/Agger transition to Matip/Van Dijk.

If he'd have played that Seville final it could have made the difference because he did used to cover Moreno a lot. He was outstanding in that run to the final and he was in an awful defence at the time with a weak goalkeeper.

A problem was his lack of consistency. You can get away with being great one week and shit the next (or having a good game and then making an error) further up the pitch but centre halves get punished. I think he's a better defender than Lovren but it was disciplinary issues that saw him sold, he wasn't sold because he was a bad defender. He was a better defender for us than Lovren and never got the luxury of having Van Dijk and Alisson around him.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2020, 11:42:26 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2020, 11:49:40 am »
If Sakho could concentrate for ninety minutes, he'd be a good defender. But he can't.

He's too erratic, takes too many risks, makes too many mistakes.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #9 on: July 5, 2020, 12:57:59 pm »
I think he's an average defender, not better than Lovren but on the same level. One thing I liked about him was that it wasn't clear if he's a great passer of simply made tons of mistakes that somehow worked ;D

Seems like a good lad, but maybe not a standout pro like the rest of our team.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10 on: July 5, 2020, 01:04:48 pm »
He wasn't very good against us either. I always felt he was overated in Rawk because he wasn't a role Z defender. We tend to do that on here.

Don't think he is long for this league.Maybe he will go back to France and settle down as stick to the basics

That’s being polite! He was awful. He was made the ‘pressing victim’, and for good reason, says it all that is who was chosen to be the target in that game.

Just a poor defender who can’t read a game to save his life and has about 20 mental lapses per 90 minutes.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 5, 2020, 02:35:43 pm »
You opened this thread just to bash our ex player? No wonder the old thread is locked. I think he was quite decent with us under Brendan. Of course, fans being fans, can love someone even if he's not VVD, and can overrate some of the players. boo fucking hoo
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12 on: July 5, 2020, 02:39:37 pm »
You opened this thread just to bash our ex player? No wonder the old thread is locked. I think he was quite decent with us under Brendan. Of course, fans being fans, can love someone even if he's not VVD, and can overrate some of the players. boo fucking hoo

his absolute best run of form where he looked a player came under Klopp. Then he got himself in trouble with the diet pills, and brought to an end that good run.  Other than that, not so much.

and boo fucking hoo to you too :lmao

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2020, 02:41:53 pm »
his absolute best run of form where he looked a player came under Klopp. Then he got himself in trouble with the diet pills, and brought to an end that good run.  Other than that, not so much.

This  :D

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 5, 2020, 02:46:36 pm »

Yeah, i still think we would have won that final if he was playing.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 5, 2020, 03:16:03 pm »
Yeah, i still think we would have won that final if he was playing.

;D This is the overrating that I'm talking about. So he would have prevented Moreno from being brain dead? Or us capitulating defensively as a team?  :D

This is the same player that was part of Liverpool sides that conceded 50 goals on average per season.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 5, 2020, 03:56:21 pm »
;D This is the overrating that I'm talking about. So he would have prevented Moreno from being brain dead? Or us capitulating defensively as a team?  :D

This is the same player that was part of Liverpool sides that conceded 50 goals on average per season.

He was fantastic during that competition, and a massive contribution for us to reach that final. I remember that very good because i was so disappointed when i found out that he wasn't playing.

Sorry everyone for ruining your party, keep bashing our ex player.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 5, 2020, 04:01:55 pm »
He was fantastic during that competition, and a massive contribution for us to reach that final. I remember that very good because i was so disappointed when i found out that he wasn't playing.

It's not bashing the player, it's being objective on what he actualy was. Sakho not playing in the game, wasn't the reason we were all over the place as a team in the 2nd half.

But keep making him to be Paolo Maldini, it's hilarious.  ;D

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #18 on: July 5, 2020, 05:23:39 pm »

You're a sensitive wee flower aren't you. How is this thread a bashing party? His recent performance brought to mind his erratic career, and I was interested in other's perspectives. Pretty simples, fella

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 5, 2020, 06:27:09 pm »
It's not bashing the player, it's being objective on what he actualy was. Sakho not playing in the game, wasn't the reason we were all over the place as a team in the 2nd half.

But keep making him to be Paolo Maldini, it's hilarious.  ;D

You're trying to force your opinion as an objective fact. That's not how it works.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 5, 2020, 06:38:11 pm »
You're trying to force your opinion as an objective fact. That's not how it works.

Sure. Quite ironic. ''We would have won the final had he played''

Quite telling that he's playing for Crystal Palace  :D

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 5, 2020, 06:44:18 pm »
Sure. Quite ironic. ''We would have won the final had he played''

Quite telling that he's playing for Crystal Palace  :D

That was my opinion, i haven't mentioned anything about objectivity. It's you who want to force your opinion as the only objective one.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2020, 01:01:45 pm »
That was my opinion, i haven't mentioned anything about objectivity. It's you who want to force your opinion as the only objective one.

Of course you haven't, you had a go at everyone who had an objective opinion in your opening post. But carry on, live in your revisionist sakho Maldini world  :D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2020, 03:49:20 pm »
shudder at the thought of sakho/lovren partnership.

but he was decent for us till the diet pills and misbehaving during the tour. Klopp needed 100% commitment which he wasn't prepared to give.

and surely playing under an Owl would have an effect on his performances.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2020, 04:28:36 pm »
I think it would help if he was a role Z defender. He is playing for a role Z team after all. Trying to play like a City/Liverpool player out the back no longer suits him (not convinced it ever really did, for us anyway)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 4, 2020, 02:23:33 pm »
https://theathletic.com/news/Liverpool-Mamadou-Sakho-WADA-apology/06BWazyavt2k

Mamadou Sakho gets apology and damages from WADA over drugs ban and statement

September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #26 on: November 4, 2020, 02:30:43 pm »

Took their time didn't they.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2020, 02:54:25 pm »

Apology? Fucking c*nts.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 4, 2020, 03:39:03 pm »
Took their time didn't they.

Bloody hell, exactly. Shite for him but at least it's all been eventually cleared up.

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: November 4, 2020, 03:41:15 pm »
Where is the apology to the club?

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 4, 2020, 03:51:28 pm »

He was in good form that season - entirely plausible that disastrous second half against Sevilla turns out differently had he not been unjustly not allowed to play...

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 4, 2020, 06:19:36 pm »

Honestly they ruined his career. Effectively killed his career here and earned him an exile at Palace and killed his international career.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 4, 2020, 06:25:06 pm »
Honestly they ruined his career. Effectively killed his career here and earned him an exile at Palace and killed his international career.
Whilst I’m sympathetic, let’s not rewrite history. Acting the twat on that summer’s preseason US tour and getting sent home by Jurgen is what effectively killed his Liverpool career. 
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #33 on: November 4, 2020, 07:22:45 pm »
He was in good form that season - entirely plausible that disastrous second half against Sevilla turns out differently had he not been unjustly not allowed to play...

Agreed. While he clearly had certain traits that Klopp didn’t like (rightly so), he could’ve played an important part in that game. Glad he’s got the apology and deserves to have been awarded damages too.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 4, 2020, 09:27:37 pm »
Whilst I’m sympathetic, let’s not rewrite history. Acting the twat on that summer’s preseason US tour and getting sent home by Jurgen is what effectively killed his Liverpool career. 

Don't think it's impossible that there were strained relationships stemming from that drug abuse accusation.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 4, 2020, 09:33:25 pm »
Don't think it's impossible that there were strained relationships stemming from that drug abuse accusation.
I think there's a couple of indications that maybe his professionalism wasn't where Klopp wanted it to be

Either way, it was an excellent piece of business selling him. Didn't we get like 30mil? And since then his fitness and performance level has dropped off a cliff.

I actually liked him and was sad to see him go. Good luck to him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36 on: November 4, 2020, 09:37:45 pm »

Think it’s likely a bit of everything with regards to professionalism and not being good enough in general, but lets not pretend a ban for a drug issue didn’t add to things as it almost certainly did - in fact a court of law ruled it 100% did.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 4, 2020, 11:25:15 pm »
Love how some posters love to rewrite history, sure he may not have been good enough overall, but he played well for our European campaign that season and when the ban was confirmed, many were rightly gutted.

Did Liverpool receive any damages? I seem to recall we were pursuing something legally a while back, but not sure if that amounted to anything

Online Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 5, 2020, 01:39:28 pm »

4 years too late!!!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #39 on: November 5, 2020, 02:08:33 pm »

Doesn't give him his Europa League winners medal though does it, from the final it cost us, or the 80 million quid or whatever it cost Liverpool in lost CL revenue from losing that night without our best defender at the time and one of the players of the tournament that year.

It was bad enough losing Origi (when he really was bloody good) to another Everton hatchet man.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2020, 02:11:05 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season