Author Topic: Fulham  (Read 13728 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Fulham
« Reply #80 on: March 5, 2019, 03:55:41 pm »
Love the guy on the far right's reaction ;D
I love the guy who is shouting the odds. Always loved his passion.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: March 5, 2019, 03:56:43 pm »
It’s good job the club that printed that haven’t just sacked a manager, who was recently very successful at another club, after just 17 games amid loads of abuse from the fans.

They'd look like a gang of utter twats devoid of any self awareness.  It would be a bit of an own goal.

Oh, wait...
« Last Edit: March 5, 2019, 04:22:42 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #82 on: March 5, 2019, 04:27:04 pm »
Who cares. They'll be back to being irrelevant and playing Championship football next season and won't be back for years, if ever.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #83 on: March 5, 2019, 04:42:02 pm »
Do they usually preview a game two weeks away?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #84 on: March 5, 2019, 05:38:56 pm »
Who cares. They'll be back to being irrelevant and playing Championship football next season and won't be back for years, if ever.

Shame in one way for our Away crowd ... always a boss turnout at Fulham, with a huge allocation in their 'neutral' end!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 5, 2019, 06:10:36 pm »
Must be weird for Fulham fans to contemplate high-level concepts such as "being shit isn't acceptable".
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2020, 10:38:10 am »
Anyone know what's the story with Scott Parker's cardi-blazer? Wears it to virtually every match. You surely can't be in both camps.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 10:48:27 am »
I'm actually surprised he hasn't shown up in a WW2 soldiers uniform already. So brave.... so so brave Scotty Parker.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2020, 10:51:29 am »
It's the tie pin that gets me, I'd love to know what's going through his head as he's getting dressed on a matchday!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2020, 10:54:55 am »
Shame in one way for our Away crowd ... always a boss turnout at Fulham, with a huge allocation in their 'neutral' end!

Always a good away is Fulham.

Proper ground (though the away end was a dump when they 1st got into the Premier League) in a nice part of London with some good boozers around. Add in the neutral end and it's always a good away and one of the better London ones.

I always find Palace the worst away though the ground is tight and the atmosphere is always good. More to do with the lack of options to go for a drink before and after a game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2020, 10:57:27 am »
Remember when Scott Parker was selected as England Captain over Steven Gerrard?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2020, 11:17:21 am »

Would we have won the Battle of Britain without his leadership though?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2020, 11:25:59 am »

Capello wasn't it?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2020, 11:34:16 am »
Capello wasn't it?

I think it was Stuart Pearce as caretaker manager.  That team had James Milner in it as well ;D

Would we have won the Battle of Britain without his leadership though?

I thought that was Harry Kane?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2020, 11:35:31 am »
I think it was Stuart Pearce as caretaker manager.  That team had James Milner in it as well ;D

My apologies. Scotty captained the first fishing boat to land at Dunkirk.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2020, 11:56:36 am »
I can't fucking stand that blazer cardigan thing he wears. Looks a bad dickhead in it.

Fulham will not get 35 points this season I don't reckon. They look awful and way off what's required. They went up at Brentford's expense but I would've said the bees would have done better in the Premier League.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2020, 11:59:28 am »

Aye, remember Gerrard saying Pearce told him, that he'll be making Scotty Parker captain, when he joined him at the urinals!

Talk about taking the piss....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »
I can't fucking stand that blazer cardigan thing he wears. Looks a bad dickhead in it.

Fulham will not get 35 points this season I don't reckon. They look awful and way off what's required. They went up at Brentford's expense but I would've said the bees would have done better in the Premier League.

The way they are playing, they would be lucky to get 20 points.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2020, 12:45:15 pm »

I would bet good money they don't hit 20. There's more chance Everton win the league than Fulham hitting 35 points.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2020, 04:13:46 pm »
Happy to see them go down never brought anything to the premier league in my lifetime just making the numbers up really a bit like west brom .

Been down their a few times no bad wee stadium but terrible fans .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2020, 04:25:29 pm »
Anyone know what's the story with Scott Parker's cardi-blazer? Wears it to virtually every match. You surely can't be in both camps.

He looks like he should be the singer in Goodfellas - Bobby Vee, Bobby Vinton someone of that ilk.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #101 on: August 6, 2022, 11:11:24 pm »
Now I've had a few pints I'm less angry than I was earlier.

Really impressed with how Silva has them set up - they pressed us into mistakes and defended very well. Tim Ream as MOTM for me and Mitrovic, despite the exaggerated contact, was good. He scores goals, he's just been in crap sides and if they can create chances he'll score enough to keep them up.

Decordova-Reid and Pereira ran at us and caused us problems as well.

Don't think they'll have any problem staying up this year.

Their fans are still Cotton Traders shithouses who clap like a polo crowd and sing League One songs though.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #102 on: August 6, 2022, 11:18:46 pm »
Their feeble efforts and eventual defeat against a relatively abject Wolves side next week will make today all the more frustrating

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 6, 2022, 11:36:15 pm »
They got a draw in their cup final. Hope they go down and never come back up. Tory wankers.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #104 on: August 7, 2022, 12:42:23 am »
They got a draw in their cup final. Hope they go down and never come back up. Tory wankers.

Meh. Quite an inoffensive club I'd say. Growing up with them and Charlton in the league I'll never consider them out of the place in the top flight based on that alone. White and black in that format is also a rather awesome kit colour scheme. Then Craven Cottage is located beautifully next to the Thames which makes it quite a destination on its own.

That they have a diving striker like Mitrovic on the other hand is a bit obnoxious.
Linudden.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #105 on: August 7, 2022, 07:32:49 am »
Disappointed by their general shithousery. The pressing was good for a while but they couldn’t keep it up for a whole match. Will be interesting to see how they get on against teams of a similar level to themselves. Singing GSTQ doesn’t work as a wind-up it just makes you sound like a deluded serf.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #106 on: August 7, 2022, 09:10:07 am »

Really impressed with how Silva has them set up - they pressed us into mistakes and defended very well. Tim Ream as MOTM for me and Mitrovic, despite the exaggerated contact, was good. He scores goals, he's just been in crap sides and if they can create chances he'll score enough to keep them up.

Their fans are still Cotton Traders shithouses who clap like a polo crowd and sing League One songs though.

They look better equipped than last time at least.

We always seem to struggle there. Last time they battered us in the first half at their place and we got out with a 1-1 draw from a late pen.  We've had a lot of late winners there as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #107 on: August 7, 2022, 10:31:52 am »

Dunno about that - isn’t it a tale as old as time … promoted club at home on the opening day, fired up beyond belief - run their hearts out, get something then hang on for a point at the end?
We played as badly as we can and they were at their best and they produced 0.5xg plus a pen due to an error .. think they’re going to struggle to score enough goals and they won’t press as effectively as that in the dog says of winter
Don’t know if they’d stay up - it’ll be a bun fight down there - but yesterday is going to make them look far better than they are

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 7, 2022, 10:42:05 am »
We always struggle down there.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 7, 2022, 10:44:09 am »
Dunno about that - isn’t it a tale as old as time … promoted club at home on the opening day, fired up beyond belief - run their hearts out, get something then hang on for a point at the end?
We played as badly as we can and they were at their best and they produced 0.5xg plus a pen due to an error .. think they’re going to struggle to score enough goals and they won’t press as effectively as that in the dog says of winter
Don’t know if they’d stay up - it’ll be a bun fight down there - but yesterday is going to make them look far better than they are

Norwich gave us a hard game on the opening day last year but didn't take their chances and we were clinical.

It's important promoted sides start well though. Norwich spiralled from there and that will give Fulham some confidence and momentum, same as Brentford beating Arsenal on the opening day last season did.

Bournemouth also won at home yesterday and I don't see them staying up, so you can't judge it too much. Silva has shown he can cut it at this level before, whereas the managers they'd come up with previously hadn't.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #110 on: August 7, 2022, 11:36:59 am »
We always struggle down there.

Don't really remember many comfortable wins there other than Maxi's classic treble on that Monday night. Quite a few late winners too, Benayoun, Gerrard's pen, Milner's pen. All in seasons we were challenging for the title. Shame it was the first game this time around, if it was March we would have came up with a winner  ;D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #111 on: August 7, 2022, 11:39:11 am »
Don't really remember many comfortable wins there other than Maxi's classic treble on that Monday night. Quite a few late winners too, Benayoun, Gerrard's pen, Milner's pen. All in seasons we were challenging for the title. Shame it was the first game this time around, if it was March we would have came up with a winner  ;D

The Sturridge hat trick in 12/13 was fairly comfortable, although we went a goal down. Most of our wins there do seem to have been comebacks.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #112 on: August 7, 2022, 11:43:19 am »
The Sturridge hat trick in 12/13 was fairly comfortable, although we went a goal down. Most of our wins there do seem to have been comebacks.

Rafa's first away win in the league was there after being down 2-0 at the break and then Biscan scoring a long-range effort in the second half to cap off a 4-2 turnaround. One of those places ;D
Linudden.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #113 on: August 7, 2022, 12:32:40 pm »
Dropped quite a few points down there come to think of it. Yesterday, 1-1 the last time we'd played there, the game just before the Champions League final in 2007 that sent Colin Wanker's head flying down the road, the one where we had two sent off, the one where Spearing got sent off, think I'm forgetting a couple too going back to around the days of Rafa.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #114 on: August 7, 2022, 01:59:01 pm »
Dropped quite a few points down there come to think of it. Yesterday, 1-1 the last time we'd played there, the game just before the Champions League final in 2007 that sent Colin Wanker's head flying down the road, the one where we had two sent off, the one where Spearing got sent off, think I'm forgetting a couple too going back to around the days of Rafa.

I'd personally pinpoint the 3-1 loss in early autumn 2009 as what kickstarted the end of the Rafa era. Coming from that hard-fought 2-0 win over United with the famous Torres and Ngog goals, it was vital to keep in touch with the top teams, but instead that started a barren run that put the team eighth over Christmas.
Linudden.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 7, 2022, 02:26:44 pm »
Rafa's first away win in the league was there after being down 2-0 at the break and then Biscan scoring a long-range effort in the second half to cap off a 4-2 turnaround. One of those places ;D

They tend to be wild games. Yesterday was similar to the game we played there last time and we were top at the time.

It'd be nice to have loads of grounds like City have of annual easy wins. We've only really got Norwich for that and they've buggered off again (although City have lost their annual cruise at Burnley and Watford). Most teams always make it tough for us.

Offline Americano12345

• Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: August 7, 2022, 03:24:29 pm »
João Palhinha will be a very good signing for them

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 7, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »
João Palhinha will be a very good signing for them

Said it during the half time thread, if he keeps putting in performances like that first half, he won’t be at Fulham for long.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 7, 2022, 06:05:58 pm »
Watch them shit the bed in their next fixture.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 7, 2022, 06:09:02 pm »
They will get relegated…