Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 44498 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
Newcastle were very fortunate to finish that game with 11 men on the field. They could have had two men sent off, and should definitely at least had one sent off for that horror tackle on Spearing. I know we've just won the game 3-1, but I think it's obvious why Andy is suffering a bit of lack of confidence. Gerrard comes on and immediately creates two proper chances for the lad. Downing is wooden in his role. Sorry, but he just is. He's supplied nothing to Carroll all season long.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
Wow, how much have we missed that man?  Side looks completely different with him in it.  Welcome back, Jay.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »
We spent a bit of money this summer but the guy making the most of an impact was for free. The irony.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
Nice to have a win:)

Offline collytum

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:34 pm »
its scary how much better gerard is than every other player in our team!in 30 minutes he made more of an impression than everyone of our midfielders have all season!well played stevie, well played bellamy, well played defence!

Offline rushandapush

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:35 pm »
Great to see Stevie back. He is moving better than I've seen him in years. Gliding on the pitch. He is the difference. He is world class.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:38 pm »
Andy Carroll was a bit of a wet blanket, had some glorious opportunities that he scuppered, Gerrard fed him like a perverted mule, pfft... The wait for form continues...

I say swap him for Ba in January, no questions asked.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline pgh

• Main Stander
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:46 pm »
good performance.
all of a sudden,with gerrard on the pitch, caroll looks like the player we thought he was

downing is shit!!!

Offline WraithXx

• LinguistiCc PedanTt. Ass Man fan. IN PONTO PERDITUS
  • Legacy Fan
  • veritas aequitas
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:53 pm »
Have that you dirty fucking shithouse Geordie bastards.

THIS!

but especially that fucking Euro-pussy Tim Krul

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­
LIVERPOOL F.C
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »
Loved it. Does Carroll needs better service? It would help at the very least. Enrique was amazing, like he is at pretty much every game. What a steal he was. We played so much better with Gerrard, i just hope it doesn't hide our problems and we do actually solve them.

More of the same every week please!

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:59 pm »
The commentator also made what I thought was an excellent point:  the infection(s) may have been a blessing in disguise for Gerrard.  Gave his body, which has taken a ton of punishment over the last decade+, a longer time to rest.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
Reckon two of their players should've been sent off though.

Taylor & Cabaye 100% no doubt and maybe even Colocini for the elbow? (though I'd be inclined to say it was accidental at this stage).
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
Special shout out for Spearing. The little engine that could

Online thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:10 pm »
Very important win. Our second half was a lot better especially when Stevie came on and he made Carroll a different player.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
Get in. SG is really a notch or two about anyone in the squad, dare I say it, including suarez. We have really missed his quality. Great result. Tough games coming up, so good to get that in the bag.
Carroll will probably get a lot of stick because he didn't score, but second half he played really well and looked a threat for the first time in a while. Let's see where he's at after 5 or 6 games on the trott.
SOS member 7832

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »
Gerrard + Carroll = Beast.
-YNWA-

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »
Two balatent reds missed mind.....

Cabaye would have been stoned to death if he played for us for that tackle.....

Collicini?  Lead with the arm for me, dangerous and a red
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »
The commentator made what I thought was an excellent point:  the infection(s) may have been a blessing in disguise for Gerrard.  Gave his body, which has taken a ton of punishment over the last decade+, a longer time to rest.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:17 pm »
Decent performance, we've played better and drawn games so happy with that. Great to see Gerrard back and firing too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »
Fucking awesome Gerrard performance, time to get slated by the superfans for saying we were totally fucking shit untill he came on though. That ten minute period where we couldn't get the ball back from Newcastle was fucking pathetic.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »
So much better once Steve came in. Think Adam should be backup to him without a doubt. He brings the best out of Henderson when he's playing alongside him and Carroll looks a threat too when Stevie is hitting them crosses in from deep.

It's not just that though, Carroll looked like he gave a shit once Stevie came on.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »
Gerrard will bring the best out of Carroll, just those 30 minutes with them together tells me he's going to come good. Shame that header didn't go in.

Very good performance tonight, fingers crossed we can carry that on to the City game and get something out of that. It's nice to have done our bit early, now we can sit back and watch teams around us try and win games this weekend, nice not to be playing catch up.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:37 pm »
Andy very unlucky.
Played okayish.Should have scored.

Unlucky?! The guy was bombarded with world class ball after world class ball in the last 30 and he managed to fuck them all up. He had another bad game.

Although I do think him and Gerrard will hit it off- and until he starts scoring, Stevie's on a mission to make up for the goal scoring he's missed out on in 2011. That goal was unbelievable. I thought he'd crossed it and all of a sudden the nets rippling and he's wheeling away in celebration.

The team looked so much better when Stevie came on- but more importantly, they were still not reliant on him. Many times in that 30mins you'd see players bypass Stevie even if there was a slightly harder pass (which would advance play a bit further)- 12 months back every player would look for him when they got the ball.

Henderson and Carroll will really benefit from his class. And that can only be a good thing.

That game felt good.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:40 pm »
Some proper shitehouse elbows and tackles from Newcastle. Hope the FA will have a look at some of them on the video evidence as it seems Probert had a few troubles spotting them at all.

Nice to see the goals going in. Felt so sorry for Carroll not to get a goal. Seems like that swinging cross from Gerrard is one he likes a lot. Encouraging.

Lot of good there tonight all round the pitch.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
That slow motion replay of Gerrard and Kenny celebrating together made my fucking year.
Get in.

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:45 pm »
Skrtel is boss. What a clearance.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:47 pm »
Gerrard - Carroll partnership looked fucking awesome ! Keep it up lads !

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:47 pm »
I`ll wait for round table to have a decent natter about the game.Now i`m going to enjoy a nice cold bottle of bud.

All i can say now is..

That felt good  ;D
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »
What a difference Stevie made to what was another poor performance until his entry. He gave leadership, quality, confidence and a goal. A few others had good games I thought, Bellamy of course, Agger, Skrtel and special mention for Spearing who proves me wrong every time he plays.
Stevie Gerrard, best of a generation and the key for the fight for 4th.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:00 pm »
Relieved and very happy. Slightly worried that we have to reply on two of our oldest players to win but oh well.

Skrtel, Gerrard, Bellamy, Spearing all had very good games.

Adam was disappointing, just generally sloppy and poor positioning.

Carroll had the passion but his positioning is still very questionable. With a bit more confidence and better service he will be ok.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:05 pm »
Game had everything! Spearo's tackles, Skrtel's last minute goal clearance. Craig's brace and Stevie's ressurection. Great game and win against one of the old foes. MOTM- Bellamy/Gerrard.
Special mention to Spearing who was a monster in midfield. The scouse Javier Mascherano, without the tantrums.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Toma

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:08 pm »
Gerrard brilliant as ever :D Bellamy excellent, Downing was much better, took people on and caused problems. Thought Carroll was so much more threatening when Gerrard came on, those quality drilled crosses instead of the airy fairy floated crosses that are harder to attack. Skrtel was class. That goal-line clearance was bloody beautiful. Happy days.
Querido Luis, Feliz año nuevo te deseamos el mejor de los éxitos en el 2012 y acá en RAWK te apoyamos completamente.

"Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you" - Rafael Benitez

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:16 pm »
Reina - BOSS
Johnson - BOSS
Skrtel - BOSS
Agger - BOSS
Jose Enrique - BOSS
Henderson - BOSS
Spearing - BOSS
Adam - BOSS
Downing - BOSS
Carroll - BOSS
Bellamy - BOSS
Gerrard - nuff said.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:17 pm »
As always at home, some really good performances from most players and a few anonymous/poor ones from others. So glad stevie sorted it out when he came on, him and Luis together will be fantastic.

As for Carroll, I won't say too much about him as he seems to be trying most of the time and I don't want to be abusing one of our own, but I lost my rag with him tonight. The first  chance stevie laid on a platter for him was as gilt edged as you will get and he fluffed it completely, didn't even get a shot off. It was pretty indefensible  :'(

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:21 pm »
Carroll comfortably has worse control than Kuyt.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
Spearing - fuckin excellent game...fearless in the tackle, passing spot on and never stopped moving...hats off
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:28 pm »
Skrtel had a brilliant game, Gerrard class above. Jay was solid, great pass to find hendo then onto steaming Gerrard who settles it. Downing was better, should have passed it to Hendo at the end after the block by Andy, Hendo was all alone... selfish play by Downing. Adam was like that too much for the whole game. What can you say about Andy, Gerrard finds him with a perfect ball on his left foot all alone at the penalty spot, but he flunks it. Another shot at the post which adds to our tally which I knew it would. at least we won though finally!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:52:20 pm by Gerrard[LFC] »
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:36 pm »
Unlucky?! The guy was bombarded with world class ball after world class ball in the last 30 and he managed to fuck them all up. He had another bad game.
2 actually. And he hit the bar with one.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:36 pm »
Good to see gerrard back,give the whole team a lift.i think having him back in the team will help players like henderson and carroll.if he keeps putting in crosses like that carroll's bound to score.also cant wait to see him and suarez get a run of games together,plus martin skrtel is fuckin unreal at the moment.he must be slapping on some eau de hyypia before games.

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »
Spearing, well in. Should be little less aggressive though.
Gerrard, wow. Brilliant to say the least. Andy Carroll looked dangerous with Gerrard.
Skrtel, heroic goal line clearance...

Very pleased.