Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 588069 times)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #7120 on: August 18, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »
“I didn’t have that time. I was 27 years old. I did not have time to wait. I wanted to win. Here we are five years later and they are still trying to build – around the same position in the league as when I left.”
Conveniently forgets that we got closer to the title than he did in his whole time at Chelsea.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7121 on: August 18, 2016, 01:45:26 pm »
I've legit never heard a more stupid theory than Suarez biting Chiellini to force a move to Barca

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
Fernando Torres
« Reply #7122 on: August 18, 2016, 04:06:39 pm »
I've legit never heard a more stupid theory than Suarez biting Chiellini to force a move to Barca

No proof that he didn't do it for that reason.

It certainly made it much more acceptable with the Liverpool fans. He was going to miss a big chunk of the season with us after missing a big chunk of the previous season for the same offense. I certainly was sick of the drama at the time, no matter how brilliant a player Suarez was.

After how close he came to going to Arsenal, I knew it from the moment he bit Chiellini that he was gone. No club was going to stand two years in a row of their most important player starting the season in the stands for an outrageous offense. Surely Suarez knew it too. He's mad, not a fool. He's probably not even mad.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #7123 on: August 18, 2016, 04:49:04 pm »
So he was willing to throw away a World Cup, one in which his country had a realistic chance of doing well in just to leave a football club which he could have left anyway???

Of course I've as much evidence as you because only Suarez can answer that question. But going on my experience of being on this planet for just over 31 years now, Suarez didn't look like a man who was in the midst of a rational thought process when he sunk his teeth into the Italian defender's shoulder.

And you'd be mad to suggest otherwise!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7124 on: August 18, 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

Exactly.

I heard that he swore at Fulham fans because he wanted a free trip on a barge in Oxford. And frankly, you can't prove otherwise.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7125 on: August 18, 2016, 06:41:27 pm »
No proof he did, just delusion.

Suarez loves playing for Uruguay more than anything. It's really stupid to think he deliberately did that. Not to mention something like that with the ban it incurred and negative PR could have easily fucked up any potential move.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7126 on: August 18, 2016, 08:24:15 pm »

Suarez loves playing for Uruguay more than anything. It's really stupid to think he deliberately did that. Not to mention something like that with the ban it incurred and negative PR could have easily fucked up any potential move.
I doubt he planned the bite but he certainly used it to manipulate his way out. Gerrard said as much.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7127 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:44 pm »
Suarez would have left anyway, we just weren't in the place to keep hold of players from that quality at that time because of mismangement of stupid DoFs or owners, simple as.

Times have changed, next season we will be back to the level where players from that quality will want to join AND stay.

Football is a dirty business, no way to think it would be any other way.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7128 on: August 20, 2016, 06:11:01 am »

You know you can't prove a negative, right?

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #7129 on: August 20, 2016, 09:42:44 am »

Suarez is all about Suarez. If he cared so much about his teammates he wouldn't have done such a thing. Plain and simple.

No player that cares about his team would have done that.

One thing is undeniable. Suarez is a European Cup winner, La Liga champion, on the Ballon D'Or short list, playing for the club of his dreams in the county of his choice with one of the highest wages in the game, playing with some of the greatest players.

Biting has been very profitable for Luis  Suarez. It certainly didn't have a negative impact on what he personally wanted out of his career. At home in Uruguay he's a saint. He could care less about the English press and their "PR".

I really don't think FSG would have sold Luis to Barcelona that summer if Luis hadn't bit the Italian. Especially if Uruguay had done well and Suarez was the player of the tournament, as he seemed on the way to being. The price would have been too steep. And he couldn't have just downed tools or something, to try and lower his value, cause then Barca might not have been interested. So what better way to force the issue? Pretty smart in retrospect.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7130 on: August 20, 2016, 12:06:01 pm »
Played with a face like a haddock-slapped c*nt for months before he left.  Yeah, things were a bit shyte back then due to ownership issues but most if not all other players carried on and did their jobs.  It was his lack of effort that did it for me. 

Torres should be near the top end of players I've seen in Red over the last 30+ years but betrayed the fans by downing tools.  Sits somewhere around the likes of Owen and McManaman for me, players that have soured the memories somewhat. 

Great player, did a good job for us for a while, glad he never managed to get back into the groove at Chelsea, happy he's doing alright back at his boyhood club.  THE END.

JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7131 on: August 20, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »
Suarez is all about Suarez. If he cared so much about his teammates he wouldn't have done such a thing. Plain and simple.

No player that cares about his team would have done that.

One thing is undeniable. Suarez is a European Cup winner, La Liga champion, on the Ballon D'Or short list, playing for the club of his dreams in the county of his choice with one of the highest wages in the game, playing with some of the greatest players.

Biting has been very profitable for Luis  Suarez. It certainly didn't have a negative impact on what he personally wanted out of his career. At home in Uruguay he's a saint. He could care less about the English press and their "PR".

I really don't think FSG would have sold Luis to Barcelona that summer if Luis hadn't bit the Italian. Especially if Uruguay had done well and Suarez was the player of the tournament, as he seemed on the way to being. The price would have been too steep. And he couldn't have just downed tools or something, to try and lower his value, cause then Barca might not have been interested. So what better way to force the issue? Pretty smart in retrospect.
Load of bollocks. The guy had a cast iron release clause.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7132 on: August 26, 2016, 09:19:31 am »
Load of bollocks. The guy had a cast iron release clause.
hahahaa you beat me to it

isnt it amazing how some believe such shit

Played with a face like a haddock-slapped c*nt for months before he left.  Yeah, things were a bit shyte back then due to ownership issues but most if not all other players carried on and did their jobs.  It was his lack of effort that did it for me. 

Torres should be near the top end of players I've seen in Red over the last 30+ years but betrayed the fans by downing tools.  Sits somewhere around the likes of Owen and McManaman for me, players that have soured the memories somewhat. 

Great player, did a good job for us for a while, glad he never managed to get back into the groove at Chelsea, happy he's doing alright back at his boyhood club.  THE END.

lot of decent points in here. we played wolves that season twice in the league within a month. I remember the night of the away game we won 3-0 and i had a party for friends in my house and we all thought he was gonna fly again as he scored 2. one of the lads was at the home game and said he couldnt believe the contrast in both games. I remember him saying
"the home match he never even moved, he stood up front all game and did nothing, he didnt try a leg, i could have marked him!"

he clearly wasnt in a good place when he left us. i was as pissed as anyone at the time believe me but ive long let it go

the guy suffered after he left beyond belief, his form went to shite and it was clear he wasnt happy.

like others i was really dying to see him upfront with suarez, then he left and we never got to see it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7133 on: September 17, 2016, 06:50:07 pm »
Brace today for Atleti against Gijon.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #7134 on: October 9, 2016, 04:50:26 pm »
I miss Torres every day. Torres in his prime would be amazing in our current team and I'd have us title favourites if we had a striker like him now.

I miss King Kenny and Souness.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7135 on: October 9, 2016, 06:39:58 pm »
I miss Torres every day. Torres in his prime would be amazing in our current team and I'd have us title favourites if we had a striker like him now.

The username, the avatar and this 1st post say it all to me.  ;D

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7136 on: October 9, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »
Yeah he was a special player for us it's a shame he's forgotten now but good to see him doing well at Atletico
Forgotten? We just focus on our team rather than fawning over ex players.. especially not ones who jibbed us off for an immediate rival.

Quality player in his day but far more interesting, exciting things going on at Anfield at the moment to be worrying about him.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #7137 on: October 10, 2016, 09:10:08 am »
Forgotten? We just focus on our team rather than fawning over ex players.. especially not ones who jibbed us off for an immediate rival.

Quality player in his day but far more interesting, exciting things going on at Anfield at the moment to be worrying about him.
    Red and White Kop Liverpool FC Forum » The Liverpool FC Forum » Liverpool FC Forum » Former LFC Players
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #7138 on: February 12, 2017, 10:50:29 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7139 on: February 15, 2017, 08:47:08 pm »
He scored a corker of a goal for Atletico the other day, and its good to see him back at his former club and scoring.

I have to say his leaving is water under the bridge for me now. There was a lot going on at the club at the time, and I doubt we'll ever know the real story. One thing I do know is for what he won at Chelsea he wasn't happy there. He barely denies it now in his interviews, which kind of makes you realise being happier is more important than winning things.

To be honest I remember happier times, when he was our number nine, the Torres song was sung loud and proud, and we all bounced away, happy days. 

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7140 on: February 15, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »
Didn't hold much of a grudge for long after he left us, after all we got big money and replaced him with a better player. Hope he gets big ears again at atletico before he retires.

Just glad he passed to William tho.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7141 on: March 2, 2017, 09:43:19 pm »
Not sure of his condition but he got a bad injury tonight

https://twitter.com/TheRollins1/status/837415908352098305?s=08

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7142 on: March 2, 2017, 09:46:10 pm »
According to PhilM he went down on his head, and his team-mates were looking concerned. Hope  he is okay.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: March 2, 2017, 09:46:41 pm »
Hope he'll be alright  :(

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7144 on: March 2, 2017, 09:48:01 pm »
According to PhilM he went down on his head, and his team-mates were looking concerned. Hope  he is okay.
clip is in link I posted

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #7145 on: March 2, 2017, 09:51:54 pm »
Choked on his tongue, or so I heard. Either way, he's suffered severe head trauma and is spending the night in hospital. Really hope he's ok.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7146 on: March 2, 2017, 09:52:52 pm »
clip is in link I posted

Thanks but, I haven't got the heart to watch it, fingers crossed he's okay now.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7147 on: March 2, 2017, 09:54:03 pm »
Thanks but, I haven't got the heart to watch it, fingers crossed he's okay now.
understandable

Hated him for leaving us. Seems so pointless now

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7148 on: March 2, 2017, 09:56:20 pm »
This has come from Tony Barrett.

Atletico tweet: "Torres suffered a brain trauma injury. He was taken to the hospital for tests and will be monitored there overnight."

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7149 on: March 2, 2017, 10:01:48 pm »
Rumours coming through he is out of danger....

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7150 on: March 2, 2017, 10:05:51 pm »
His Armband proved he was a red,
Torres! Torres!
You'll Never Walk Alone it said,
Torres! Torres!
We bought the lad from sunny Spain
He gets the ball he scores again
Fer-nan-do Torres, Liverpool's number nine.

-

Get well soon. Once a red always a red for me. He may have left on slightly ugly terms, but I hope he gets back on the field quickly. Get well Soon Torres. YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7151 on: March 2, 2017, 10:08:22 pm »
He's said to be in a stable condition.

I hated him when he left, the timing, the club he went to.... that's waned now. Hope he's okay.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7152 on: March 2, 2017, 10:10:49 pm »
Awake and talking

Simeone said Torres is conscious

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7153 on: March 2, 2017, 10:10:49 pm »
Christ, that video is sickening, hope he pulls through OK.  :'(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7154 on: March 2, 2017, 10:12:09 pm »
heartbreaking to watch it, it looked so awful, not only player hit his head bad but his head also hit the ground badly.

get well soon Torres

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7155 on: March 2, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »
Awake and talking

Simeone said Torres is conscious

Thanks for that. 

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: March 2, 2017, 10:16:36 pm »

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7157 on: March 2, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »
My heart stopped when I saw the headline.
Glad to hear things are reasonably ok, come on Fernando.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: March 2, 2017, 11:05:42 pm »
Christ. Awful video to watch. Good that the players knew the severity of it instantly though and reacted immediately.

Hope he's ok

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7159 on: March 2, 2017, 11:10:17 pm »
That was terrible. Glad he's conscious and talking.