Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 25550 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2024, 03:02:45 pm »
No excitement for the new season whatsoever.
not even a driver change
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2024, 10:05:05 pm »
Tim Goss and Alan Permane announced at RBR as CTO and Racing Director respectively. Two massively experienced hires who'll probably only make the operation tighter.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2024, 03:52:55 pm »
Andretti's bid to become Formula 1's 11th team in 2025 or 2026 has been rejected by Formula One Management

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2024, 03:55:37 pm »
No Andretti Racing in F1 for 2025 or 2026.

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/31/formula-1-refuses-to-allow-andretti-cadillac-to-enter-team-after-fia-approval/

Introduction

1. On 22 March 2023, the FIA published an invitation (the Invitation) to apply to participate in the FIA Formula One World Championship (the Championship), to which four applicants responded, among them Andretti Formula Racing, LLC (the Applicant). The FIA conducted an initial assessment process, which included both a written question and response element and an in-person meeting.

2. The FIA announced on 2 October 2023 that they were satisfied that the application submitted by the Applicant (the Application) fulfilled their selection criteria in all material respects, and that accordingly, the FIA considered that the Applicant should progress to the next stage of the agreed process as set out in the Invitation, being an assessment by the Commercial Rights Holder of the Applicant’s value to the Championship. The process set out in the Invitation provides that both the FIA and the Commercial Rights Holder must consider an application suitable in order for a new entrant to be selected.

3. The FIA had previously shared with us the materials submitted by each of the four applicants in response to the Invitation, which we had studied. Following the FIA’s announcement, we wrote to the Applicant on 10 October 2023, setting out the assessment process, and details of the considerations and decision-making process pursuant to which we would conduct our commercial assessment (the Process Letter). The Process Letter contained a list of questions for the Applicant, to which the Applicant provided responses on 24 October 2023.
4. Having had the opportunity to consider the Applicant’s responses together with our own deliberations, we subsequently wrote to the Applicant on 12 December 2023 extending an invitation to an in-person meeting at our offices in order for the Applicant to present its application, but the Applicant did not take us up on this offer.
5. This document summarises our review process and the key conclusions arising from it.
Review process
6. As contemplated by the Process Letter, we took account of the broad range of ways in which value could be provided, including value to fans, the prestige and reputational value of the sport, the competitive balance of the Championship and the sustainability goals of the sport. The key areas of review were:
a. consideration of the likely competitiveness of the Applicant’s entry, and its impact on value;
b. consideration of the Applicant’s arrangements with respect to the supply of Power Units and the impact that those arrangements would have on the Applicant’s competitive performance;
c. research into the potential benefits the Applicant might bring in terms of fan growth, and fan engagement, as well as a review of the equivalent materials prepared by C|T Group on behalf of the Applicant;
d. consultation with key stakeholders to understand their view of the value that the Applicant would bring;
we took account of the impact of the entry of an 11th team on all commercial stakeholders in the Championship.

General
8. Our assessment process has established that the presence of an 11th team would not, in and of itself, provide value to the Championship.
9. Any 11th team should show that its participation and involvement would bring a benefit to the Championship. The most significant way in which a new entrant would bring value is by being competitive, in particular by competing for podiums and race wins. This would materially increase fan engagement and would also increase the value of the Championship in the eyes of key stakeholders and sources of revenue such as broadcasters and race promoters.
10. The Application contemplates an association with General Motors (GM) that does not initially include a PU supply, with an ambition for a full partnership with GM as a PU supplier in due course, but this will not be the case for some years. Having a GM PU supply attached to the Application at the outset would have enhanced its credibility, though a novice constructor in partnership with a new entrant PU supplier would also have a significant challenge to overcome. Most of the attempts to establish a new constructor in the last several decades have not been successful.
11. 2025 will be the last year of the current regulatory cycle and 2026 will be the first year of the subsequent cycle, for which an entirely different car to the previous cycle will be required. The Applicant proposes, as a novice constructor, to design and build a car under the 2025 regulations, and then in the very next year to design and build a completely different car under the 2026 regulations. Further, the Applicant proposes to attempt this with a dependency on a compulsory supply from a rival PU manufacturer that will inevitably be reticent to extend its collaboration with the Applicant beyond the minimum required while the Applicant pursues its ambition of collaborating with GM as a PU supplier in the longer term, which a compulsory PU supplier would see as a risk to its intellectual property and know-how.
12. We do not believe that there is a basis for any new applicant to be admitted in 2025 given that this would involve a novice entrant building two completely different cars in its first two years of existence. The fact that the Applicant proposes to do so gives us reason to question their understanding of the scope of the challenge involved. While a 2026 entry would not face this specific issue it is nevertheless the case that Formula 1, as the pinnacle of world motorsport, represents a unique technical challenge to constructors of a nature that the Applicant has not faced in any other formula or discipline in which it has previously competed, and it proposes to do so with a dependency on a compulsory PU supply in the initial years of its participation. On this basis, we do not believe that the Applicant would be a competitive participant.
13. Coming to the sport as a new PU manufacturer is also a huge challenge, with which major automotive manufacturers have struggled in the past, and one which can take a manufacturer a number of years of significant investment in order to become competitive. GM have the resource and credibility to be more than capable of attempting this challenge, but success is not assured.
Conclusions of commercial assessment
14. Our assessment process has established that the presence of an 11th team would not, on its own, provide value to the Championship. The most significant way in which a new entrant would bring value is by being competitive. We do not believe that the Applicant would be a competitive participant.
15. The need for any new team to take a compulsory power unit supply, potentially over a period of several seasons, would be damaging to the prestige and standing of the Championship.
16. While the Andretti name carries some recognition for F1 fans, our research indicates that F1 would bring value to the Andretti brand rather than the other way around.
17. The addition of an 11th team would place an operational burden on race promoters, would subject some of them to significant costs, and would reduce the technical, operational and commercial spaces of the other competitors.
18. We were not able to identify any material expected positive effect on CRH financial results, as a key indicator of the pure commercial value of the Championship.
19. On the basis of the application as it stands, we do not believe that the Applicant has shown that it would add value to the Championship. We conclude that the Applicant’s application to participate in the Championship should not be successful.
20. We would look differently on an application for the entry of a team into the 2028 Championship with a GM power unit, either as a GM works team or as a GM customer team designing all allowable components in-house. In this case there would be additional factors to consider in respect of the value that the Applicant would bring to the Championship, in particular in respect of bringing a prestigious new OEM to the sport as a PU supplier.

No earlier than 2028, if at all.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2024, 04:06:31 pm »
 "The most significant way in which a new entrant would bring value is by being competitive. We do not believe that the Applicant, would be a competitive participant."

Haas still exist, right? 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2024, 04:15:47 pm »
The whole sport is a corrupt little fiefdom, isn't it?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2024, 04:27:46 pm »
Was never going to happen.

The prize pot structure would mean less money to go round. And if the pot of money did get bigger then why would anyone let another team in to dilute it down.

The F1 team structure is so incestuous that it is impossible for a new team to get to the grid.

Easiest way of getting onto the grid would be to buy another team out

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2024, 09:36:44 am »
Strong rumours suggesting Lewis has signed for Ferrari for 2025

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: February 1, 2024, 09:53:08 am »
Jonathon noble on Autosport has pretty much said its happening

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2024, 10:28:47 am »
Confirmed by Sky Sports....

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: February 1, 2024, 10:34:48 am »
Will Buxton was saying yesterday there was a potential mega announcement coming, but given how much of clickbait merchant he is all I was expecting was something like Toto's got some new shoes etc.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: February 1, 2024, 10:45:10 am »
Basically means Sainz to Red Bull & Checo out the door at the end of 2024 now Norris & Le Clerc have signed extensions

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: February 1, 2024, 10:49:28 am »
Why would he move? hasn't Ferrari been crap for years?

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #53 on: February 1, 2024, 10:50:32 am »
So I think it’s safe to assume Mercedes are slow again?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 1, 2024, 10:53:05 am »
Basically means Sainz to Red Bull & Checo out the door at the end of 2024 now Norris & Le Clerc have signed extensions

So many drivers out of contract at the end of 2024 so hundreds of permutations but that does look like the obvious scenario.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #55 on: February 1, 2024, 10:55:01 am »
Zoinks! They might need to build a better car!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #56 on: February 1, 2024, 10:55:56 am »
Why would he move? hasn't Ferrari been crap for years?

At a guess he's looking at the car and thinking 'Fuck it, I'm not gonna challenge for a few years in this car so might as well tick Ferrari off the bucket list'.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 1, 2024, 11:04:46 am »
The move is the equivalent of football players joining Real Madrid and Barcelona. It doesn't matter how well they are doing, it's just something you 'have to do'

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #58 on: February 1, 2024, 11:07:12 am »
can't see anyone else confirming it yet but sky are going balls deep in saying it's defo happening.

feel a little sorry for carlito but that's how these things go. I'd imagine his 'people' will have already contacted RB - and I mean the proper team not the credit card one.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #59 on: February 1, 2024, 11:41:45 am »
Well that's certainly exciting news at long last!

I wonder if he's seen the new car and gone "fuck that" and ticked off the Ferrari box before he retires or if he genuinely thinks he can be competitive?

This board is rammed with Hamilton fans so I'd love to know their thoughts.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #60 on: February 1, 2024, 11:46:13 am »
Can't wait to hear him whine about the Ferrari pit stop strategy in the middle of every race.  Like when they've only remembered to put on 3 tyres or something.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #61 on: February 1, 2024, 11:46:24 am »
The move is the equivalent of football players joining Real Madrid and Barcelona. It doesn't matter how well they are doing, it's just something you 'have to do'

That's pretty much it. I can understand it given that he is coming towards the end of his career. I bet George Russell is secretly quite happy with it - he will presumably be the shoe in lead driver in the team (even if they deny they have a "lead")
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #62 on: February 1, 2024, 11:52:15 am »
At a guess he's looking at the car and thinking 'Fuck it, I'm not gonna challenge for a few years in this car so might as well tick Ferrari off the bucket list'.

I remember a few years ago he made hints, but i always thought he wants to get a few more titles. I guess we will see, if he can add a title or two at Ferrari that would be amazing for his legacy.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #63 on: February 1, 2024, 11:53:33 am »
Really didn’t see this coming!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #64 on: February 1, 2024, 12:25:03 pm »
Are there are long term prospects in the Mercedes 'stable' if that seat does come available then?

Wonder whether it could present an option for Alex Albon.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 1, 2024, 12:25:09 pm »

Not a Lewis fan but it’s a solid move and not just a bucket list thing. I’m sure he saw what Schumi did in turning round the clown show at Maranello and fancies a crack at the same thing, it would be his greatest achievement if he pulled it off and would not damage his legacy if he failed.

Great for the viewer too to see him compete with Leclerc and also gives Russell a clear run at being Merc’s unofficial lead driver (they always have one despite the spin).

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 1, 2024, 12:48:00 pm »
Im not really seeing the Schumacher thing

Hamilton will be 40 when he goes to Ferrari

Maybe just feels over the rest of his career, Ferrari will give him better opportunity

He has done all he can at Mercedes really

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 1, 2024, 12:49:52 pm »
I don't think Mercedes have made a very good car again or the deficit is just too large to pull back to Red Bull over two seasons. Hence why he had a break in the contract after a year.

I'm not his biggest fan but you can't deny he's one of the greats and if he delivers another constructors to Ferrari in 2025 then that's all that matters

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 1, 2024, 01:19:43 pm »
Are there are long term prospects in the Mercedes 'stable' if that seat does come available then?

Wonder whether it could present an option for Alex Albon.

Mick Schumacher will drive alongside George Russell in 2025 (Thats my guess)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 1, 2024, 01:48:09 pm »
Is Linudden still skiing with Cantona? Would love to read his thoughts on this.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #70 on: February 1, 2024, 01:50:51 pm »
Why is the Hamilton move being mentioned now? Weird timing.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 1, 2024, 02:04:29 pm »

I recall Alonso being announced as McLaren driver for 2007 in December 2005.

Some drivers need assurances before looking elsewhere, believe Sainz wanted his future confirmed before the start of the season rather than it lingering on.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #72 on: February 1, 2024, 02:14:46 pm »

I just read a rumor that he could be driving for Ferrari as early as 2024  and it will be announced tomorrow.  Just a rumor, though.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 1, 2024, 02:36:47 pm »
I recall Alonso being announced as McLaren driver for 2007 in December 2005.

Some drivers need assurances before looking elsewhere, believe Sainz wanted his future confirmed before the start of the season rather than it lingering on.
did similar happen with Juan Pablo Montoya and McLaren?

funny enough in a podcast David Coulthard said he signed with two teams on the same day,

same day he agreed a deal with Williams for 95 was the same day he signed for McLaren for 96

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2024, 02:47:32 pm »
Bloody hell. Just had to check the calendar again to make sure it was not April 1st.

Did not see this coming but as others have said, probably means that the W15 is slower than he thought it would be.
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2024, 02:53:49 pm »
Mick Schumacher will drive alongside George Russell in 2025 (Thats my guess)

Nah, I can’t see Mick getting a seat again, especially at a leading team. His two years at Haas were very underwhelming. If he was like a young Verstappen where he was fast but a bit reckless at least you have something to work with and you know as he grows out of the recklessness the end product will be a decent driver if not more, Mick wasn’t particularly fast as well as being very accident prone.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2024, 03:02:01 pm »
Nah, I can’t see Mick getting a seat again, especially at a leading team. His two years at Haas were very underwhelming. If he was like a young Verstappen where he was fast but a bit reckless at least you have something to work with and you know as he grows out of the recklessness the end product will be a decent driver if not more, Mick wasn’t particularly fast as well as being very accident prone.
Yeah from what I recall he wasnt much better than Mazepin who was dreadful

the car was poor but I dont think he is anything special

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2024, 03:02:49 pm »
I guess if Mercedes aren’t going to be winning, you may as well end your career by doing Ferrari (even though they won’t be winning either)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2024, 03:23:23 pm »

I think Alex Albon may end up there alongside Russell
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2024, 04:27:20 pm »
I guess if Mercedes aren’t going to be winning, you may as well end your career by doing Ferrari (even though they won’t be winning either)
He always said he wanted to race for Ferrari, so he may as well go out with a bang if he retires next year.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close