Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 151337 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #2800 on: March 16, 2024, 10:57:24 pm »
Sounds like you have 5 bottles of vino in you too pal  ;D

Pre-Manchester United.

I always have. Best to be safe kid :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2801 on: March 16, 2024, 11:43:53 pm »
As I have said all along prisons are full of people who claim to be innocent and look to blame the criminal justice system. The reality is that the vast majority of those people have no grounds for thinking the criminal justice system is against them. According to you, that means people claiming to be a victim of a miscarriage of justice should be ignored.

I think I understand what you're trying to say. You're saying Salah is in prison, but Grealish is still on the streets. But the evidence suggests that they robbed the bank together?

I'm not sure where Haaland fits in though. He's confessed, even though he wasn't there? And I refuse to re-open the case? Is that it?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #2802 on: March 17, 2024, 12:14:50 am »

Cameron said that the Hillsborough families were "Like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.". That is how dismissive of the people suggesting something isn't quite right that you are.

Jaysis, lot of heavy giving out here, no need for that kinda stuff
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2803 on: March 17, 2024, 01:30:22 am »

The analogy was completely about people with a closed mind refusing to accept the possibility that something may be amiss.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2804 on: March 17, 2024, 06:47:08 am »
The analogy was completely about people with a closed mind refusing to accept the possibility that something may be amiss.

And a former leader of the Tory party was the only person you could think of to compare a fellow Liverpool fan with?

It's not the first time you've compared someone with a Tory when arguing, and I think it's a pretty disgusting tactic on a Liverpool forum of all places.

I'd like to think you're better than that, but it keeps happening.  Real cheap shot and completely uncalled for.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2805 on: March 17, 2024, 10:48:44 am »
And a former leader of the Tory party was the only person you could think of to compare a fellow Liverpool fan with?

It's not the first time you've compared someone with a Tory when arguing, and I think it's a pretty disgusting tactic on a Liverpool forum of all places.

I'd like to think you're better than that, but it keeps happening.  Real cheap shot and completely uncalled for.

Plan A didn't work ?  :lmao

Do you have the stats for all seasons, where can they be found?
How does he compare to Haaland over the last two seasons?  I reckon that would be an interesting comparison.  They're both strong and quick, both shrug off defenders, and both play as forwards for top teams.
I'll get his name right one day.  So he's only done it for two seasons, not the entire time Mo has been here?  Would be interesting to see if the pattern is still the same now and how he compares to every other attacking player.
How many years is the Salah data from, has Tompkins done it for the whole time he's been here, and has he compared Salah's numbers with every other player in the league who is competing in European competition too?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2806 on: March 17, 2024, 10:57:49 am »
Plan A didn't work ?  :lmao

When I have a week off work I'll wade through all the data to make my own judgements, but I'm not sure what that part of the conversation has to do with Al saying posters are Tories for not agreeing with him?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2807 on: March 17, 2024, 11:03:18 am »

Yep, I agree.

Can we not use rape, pedophillia, seal clubbing or even genocide, as a metaphor to prove a point on a pointless matter, to try and prove a point because this is all you have in your life.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: March 17, 2024, 11:26:42 am »
Being compared to a Tory is just silly. I wasn't bothered so much by that because it's so obviously not true. What is really crass is implying that the injustice done by referees to Mo Salah, or LFC, is somehow comparable with the injustice of Hillsborough.

There was nothing to debate about Hillsborough. It wasn't a 'statistical outlier'. It was a grave injustice, a criminal injustice. The evidence of police corruption was abundantly substantiated. The testimony of hundreds of Liverpool supporters was well documented. 'Rogue' police officers gave accurate testimony about their bosses. Many who were in the stadium saw with their own eyes the hopeless mismanagement of the crowd on the day. The coverage of the Sun newspaper was there in black and white. There was nothing to dispute. The facts were there. They were incontrovertible. And as Scraton and his team did their investigations yet more incriminating facts were revealed.

To compare this momumental effort to a a couple of debatable graphs by Tomkins is what is really insulting. You have to conclude that the lad who uses Hillsborough in this way really doesn't know much about Hillsborough. Or has somehow forgotten what it was all about. That's the insult.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2809 on: March 17, 2024, 12:00:28 pm »
Being compared to a Tory is just silly. I wasn't bothered so much by that because it's so obviously not true. What is really crass is implying that the injustice done by referees to Mo Salah, or LFC, is somehow comparable with the injustice of Hillsborough.

There was nothing to debate about Hillsborough. It wasn't a 'statistical outlier'. It was a grave injustice, a criminal injustice. The evidence of police corruption was abundantly substantiated. The testimony of hundreds of Liverpool supporters was well documented. 'Rogue' police officers gave accurate testimony about their bosses. Many who were in the stadium saw with their own eyes the hopeless mismanagement of the crowd on the day. The coverage of the Sun newspaper was there in black and white. There was nothing to dispute. The facts were there. They were incontrovertible. And as Scraton and his team did their investigations yet more incriminating facts were revealed.

To compare this momumental effort to a a couple of debatable graphs by Tomkins is what is really insulting. You have to conclude that the lad who uses Hillsborough in this way really doesn't know much about Hillsborough. Or has somehow forgotten what it was all about. That's the insult.

Except in no way did I compare the two. That is you allow over though isn't it taking one line completely out of context? and cut out the rest of the post to make your point. The analogy was entirely about your closed mind and refusal to even consider the possibility of bias or a corrupt organisation. That was the comparison not your politics or Hillsborough. You know that.

Time and time again you edit people's posts cherry pick something and use it for a personal attack.

As far as Hillsborough goes what do think campaigns in my profile means?

Don't bother replying because it will just be another cut and shut and an opportunity to ignore the data and evidence.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2810 on: March 17, 2024, 01:19:30 pm »
And noone else does fuck all abar Hillsborough, other than you, and then advertises it eh, and then you use it(Hillsborough) and those around it to argue a point. Fuck off dickhead.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2811 on: March 17, 2024, 03:06:38 pm »
And noone else does fuck all abar Hillsborough, other than you, and then advertises it eh, and then you use it(Hillsborough) and those around it to argue a point. Fuck off dickhead.

Accept I did none of those things. Point out where I even hinted that no one else did anything regarding Hillsborough.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #2812 on: March 17, 2024, 04:27:45 pm »
How hard did they try to find a reason to disallow our second?
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2813 on: March 17, 2024, 05:27:10 pm »
How did Fernandes not get a second yellow for a studs up challenge on Szobozslai?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #2814 on: March 17, 2024, 05:27:48 pm »
Love to see people defend that lack of second yellow for Bruno 😂😂 considering Gomez was booked two seconds later for winning the ball

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2815 on: March 17, 2024, 05:28:03 pm »
Robbed. Fernandes still on the pitch despite a clear second yellow.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: March 17, 2024, 05:28:24 pm »
How did Fernandes not get a second yellow for a studs up challenge on Szobozslai?

A red card would've "ruined the game", obviously  ::)
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2817 on: March 17, 2024, 05:28:30 pm »
The lino who couldn't wait to get his flag up first half keeps it down all second half, Rashford looked a yard off for that late chance

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: March 17, 2024, 05:28:33 pm »
C*nt's the lot of them.  :wanker

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2819 on: March 17, 2024, 05:29:05 pm »

Apparently the referee was “pouring cold water in it” to “maintain game balance.” Scum

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: March 17, 2024, 05:29:06 pm »
Another new term wheeled out to justify it, "game management".

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2821 on: March 17, 2024, 05:29:13 pm »
The lino who couldn't wait to get his flag up first half keeps it down all second half, Rashford looked a yard off for that late chance

'Only a bit offside'
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2822 on: March 17, 2024, 05:29:13 pm »
Yep mad. Then Gomez got a yellow for winning the ball a minute later
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2823 on: March 17, 2024, 05:29:54 pm »
As Andy and a few others called it, I’m sure there’ll be a logical reason why Fernandes wasn’t sent off or why they decided not to check offside on the equaliser

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: March 17, 2024, 05:32:11 pm »

He was, they'd have found a way to allow the goal too, the Rashford rule or some shit like that
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2825 on: March 17, 2024, 05:48:46 pm »
Salah was flagged first half when he was on, no benefit of the doubt.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: March 17, 2024, 06:08:30 pm »
Of course... more dogshit officiating

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2827 on: March 17, 2024, 06:08:58 pm »
The refs had a better game than us

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: March 17, 2024, 06:11:52 pm »
Referee bottled it.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2829 on: March 17, 2024, 06:13:16 pm »
The refs had a better game than us

Are you kidding me? He had one big decision to make and he bottled it.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #2830 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:21 pm »
Are you kidding me? He had one big decision to make and he bottled it.
We made several massive blunders, he made one.
ManU were poor and we were shite

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2831 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:47 pm »
Referee bottled it.

I'm afraid the players bottled it.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2832 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:58 pm »
Referee bottled it.

But you have to be ruthless vs these mancs
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2833 on: March 17, 2024, 06:22:05 pm »
But you have to be ruthless vs these mancs

Yes you do but he still bottled a big call.

Other than 5-0 its never easy going to Old Trafford in my lifetime just hope we are much more ruthless in 3 weeks time.

We werent at our best but still could have won.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #2834 on: March 17, 2024, 06:26:36 pm »
Ref makes a tiny, tiny decision ‘for us’ - “See that proves refs are fine”

Ref absolutely shithouses out of sending Fernandes - “Um…we should have won so that doesn’t count”

Offline Red Wanderer

• Main Stander
« Reply #2835 on: March 17, 2024, 06:29:04 pm »
Every single week I expect a straightforward big call to go against us, where the referee or VAR can see a clear call has to be made, and just decide not to.

Studs up in the chest in the box. Nope.

Lunging, high, dangerous tackle on the edge of their box. No second yellow.

They’re deciding every week how a game should play out, based on their own egos, ‘game management’ and preferences.

It’s exhausting.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2836 on: March 17, 2024, 06:34:49 pm »
Fernandes was laughing his head off waiting for the VAR check because he knew Brooks had bottled it.

Same as the EFL final when he lied about Caicedo slipping when he crippled Grav.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2837 on: March 17, 2024, 06:35:50 pm »
Fernandes was laughing his head off waiting for the VAR check because he knew Brooks had bottled it.

Same as the EFL final when he lied about Caicedo slipping when he crippled Grav.

Noticed that, he knew straight away

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2838 on: March 17, 2024, 06:37:57 pm »
He was laughing because he thought it was crazy that we got a free kick there.

I'm out of this thread, half time was proof that some are just too far down the rabbit hole.

Soz guys.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2839 on: March 17, 2024, 06:37:59 pm »
I'm afraid the players bottled it.

That was one of the clearest yellow cards you will ever see. Twice you have criticised Klopp for calling out referees. Now you are calling the players bottlers just so you can defend referees.
"Ohhh-kayyy"