Author Topic: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30  (Read 53756 times)

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool Pre-Match Saturday 23rd September 17:30
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:11 pm »

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2017, 07:32:56 pm »
If Matip and Lovren are both injured then we will struggle massively as the other two are unproven / not good enough.

Just have to hope we outscore them.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2017, 07:34:05 pm »
If Matip and Lovren are both injured then we will struggle massively as the other two are unproven / not good enough.

Just have to hope we outscore them.

Even with Lovren and Matip together this has been our mantra the whole season.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2017, 07:44:21 pm »
Meh, Gomez/Klavan is no worse than the two that have already let us down on countless occasions.

Offline rednik

• Boys Pen
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2017, 08:04:35 pm »
We'll win this comfortably lads  8) The 2 Brazilian magicians will get the job done  8)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2017, 08:24:51 pm »
Meh, Gomez/Klavan is no worse than the two that have already let us down on countless occasions.

It is much worse.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2017, 08:47:40 pm »
Lets just smash these c*nts and forget about this dry spell ok? Ok.

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2017, 08:57:28 pm »
Just try dog it out and get over the line. No point trying to play like we have all our best players when we're missing Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Lallana, and Mane. That's basically half our starting team out injured.

Our back 5 is going to give us all heart attacks. We already know that. Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Gomez, Trent. Outrageous really that we find ourselves in that position a month in to a season. That's genuinely a bottom half level back 5.

Put Mo, Bobby and Coutinho and Ox up top and just try and counter. I'd actually think about going 4231 and telling Emre and Henderson to just fucking sit and protect that back 4 at all costs. Don't even bother going forward. Ox and Salah out wide for the pace and then Phil as the 10 and have him trying to pick the quick lads out with runs in behind.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2017, 08:58:42 pm »
When I were a kid , you used to almost pity sides that had to face LFC after we had been through similar weeks as the last one ...I'm not sure whether this current LFC side has the same character as those long-gone sides but a win of any kind would be most welcome

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »
If Lovren and Matip are out of action, this will be a real test of our defensive resources and whether the lack of getting a CB in summer is a big boo boo in management.

This could really be a potential catayst for a crisis in a new season!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »
Lovren’s injury record is pathetic. How can a central defender playing in England be out for so long with knocks that are described by the manager as nothing serious? Its incredible how many games he misses.

I thought Agger’s injury record was bad but this guy is getting to those levels. He is even coming back from international games and complaining he is tired.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2017, 09:16:11 pm »
Lovren’s injury record is pathetic. How can a central defender playing in England be out for so long with knocks that are described by the manager as nothing serious? Its incredible how many games he misses.

I thought Agger’s injury record was bad but this guy is getting to those levels. He is even coming back from international games and complaining he is tired.
I wonder is it because he is our most aggressive defender and therefore his body will take more punishment? If he is getting these knocks in training? Games?
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Cavani

• Kemlynite
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
Why not stick Emre at the back till Matip or Lovren come back? Assuming, Emre's fit for Saturday.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2017, 09:32:20 pm »
Why not stick Emre at the back till Matip or Lovren come back? Assuming, Emre's fit for Saturday.

Wouldn't be opposed to that. Least he hopefully won't go wandering up field and then jog back.

Offline Cavani

• Kemlynite
« Reply #375 on: September 21, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »
Wouldn't be opposed to that. Least he hopefully won't go wandering up field and then jog back.

yea this worries me too. It'll be interesting to see who will start CB.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:37 pm »
I wonder is it because he is our most aggressive defender and therefore his body will take more punishment? If he is getting these knocks in training? Games?

Not sure. There are some very aggressive defenders in this league who dont seem to miss as many games. Could just be one of those things and injury proneness. Its just terribly frustrating.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #377 on: September 21, 2017, 09:48:35 pm »

Seems like exactly something Can would do to be honest.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: September 21, 2017, 09:53:14 pm »
Seems like exactly something Can would do to be honest.
Chakan's saying by being played at CB, he wouldn't do this like he would if he were playing in midfield
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #379 on: September 21, 2017, 10:01:21 pm »
I think we will sort it out on Saturday. Feeling good about it. Coutinho will dominate.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #380 on: September 21, 2017, 10:13:49 pm »

Tired of hearing this. It rarely happens.

someone got a pasting from us a few weeks ago
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #381 on: September 21, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »

Tired of hearing this. It rarely happens.

Has already happened twice this season.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #382 on: September 21, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
Not sure. There are some very aggressive defenders in this league who dont seem to miss as many games. Could just be one of those things and injury proneness. Its just terribly frustrating.

It brings me back to something I was saying before about bigger players in pressing systems. Our defenders defend more space and run a lot more than a typical defender. Bigger players burn energy quicker and tire quicker. Therefore over the course of the season they suffer more from accumulated fatigue and are higher risk to injury or need more rotation.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #383 on: September 21, 2017, 10:20:53 pm »
Has already happened twice this season.
Maybe to him rare = 20-25% of the time?

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: September 21, 2017, 10:22:18 pm »
I know Sakho had to go because of the relationship with Klopp but we sold him and signed no Centre Back.

Seems a ridiculous to me.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2017, 10:27:56 pm »
Out of curiosity, if you add together the number he played, with the number he was rested for and the number he was on the bench for - what is it.

Because being available for and yet not playing ≠ injured.

I know he hasn't played 30 Premier League games in a season for us yet. I don't know why he'd be often rested or rotated otherwise, he's supposed to be our #1 CB.

He's bizarrely not available for a lot of games, the same criticism people threw at Sakho a few years ago. (And no, this isn't pining for Sakho.)
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »
we'll twat these...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2017, 10:30:27 pm »

Is he injury prone or not?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #388 on: September 21, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »
I know he hasn't played 30 Premier League games in a season for us yet. I don't know why he'd be often rested or rotated otherwise, he's supposed to be our #1 CB.

He's bizarrely not available for a lot of games, the same criticism people threw at Sakho a few years ago. (And no, this isn't pining for Sakho.)

Because players, even CB, need to be rested to reduce accumulated fatigue and prevent injuries. Especially when playing a high line because they have to run more than a typical CB.

If a player is available to play and is on the bench or being rested he isn't injured. However you define injury prone - there is no way that would fit into any definition. Therefore suggesting that players being rested or on the bench = injured is just juking your numbers to fit the narrative.

Or pretending available but not playing players are injured
#insurance scam
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:35:25 pm by BabuYagu »

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: September 21, 2017, 10:50:45 pm »
Hate to say it but I expect us to lose on Saturday, been a horrible place for us lately. I fucking hate Leicester, have done since I was a kid, I was aware they were a bogey team. First ever home defeat I saw was against this lot in 1981 when they ended our 3 years unbeaten home record.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #390 on: September 21, 2017, 11:03:50 pm »
It can annoy you all you like, but it's true we are vulnerable defensively the way we play.  You can't argue with what has happened, that's just the reality.  Would you be surprised if we played the same way like we have all season and Vardy exploits the space we give him on the counter attack?  He did it last season, I wouldn't bet against him doing it again.

I have faith in Klopp, in the sense - I want him to be our manager.  I want him to have time to build the side we all crave.  But I also want him to be more pragmatic while we don't have the right players for his brand of football to work.  At Dortmund he had to wait a couple of years before the defence was good.  If we don't have the right CBs to thrive in this brand of football, then play a different way to get results.  He did it at the end of last season, that's all I'm asking.

This is a forum.  We give our opinions on the team.  Might as well close down the forum if we just have faith in Klopp, no point in commenting on anything, as Klopp has this.  Just like Benitez had this when he chose to play Skrtel RB, no point in disagreeing with that decision, as Benitez knows what he is doing.  No point in disagreeing with Dalglish buying Downing or Carroll, as he knows what he is doing.  No point in fearing Milner in a CM two vs Seville as Klopp knows what he is doing.

Everyone gets things wrong no matter how great they are, no one is perfect.  I might be wrong giving my opinion on what we should be doing.  But this is a forum where we give opinions because we care about our great club.

I have faith in Klopp to ultimately get it right in the end, when he has time to bring in the players he really wants here and ones who can thrive in his brand of football.  But while we are looking vulnerable defensively and our weaknesses are being exposed.  I don't see what is wrong saying on a LFC forum that you'd like to see us improve our chances of defending better with a less open approach.

Klopp has said it himself, new players aren't the only way to improve.  I'd like to see him put those words into practice.  Rather than merely playing the same way, which hasn't been working.  Could it work better with Coutinho sharper, Salah / Firmino back in the team - I'm surely we'll be more effective going forwards.  But why play the way which suits Vardy?  I think it would make sense to reduce the chances of him being effective.  Sue me for caring and having that opinion!
Do you think we have the players to be more pragmatic. What would that look like anyway?

It seems against sides who will come at us we play a mid-block, low line and press in our own half. We don't engage until they cross the half way line. Which means it allows the opposition to dominate the ball and come at us. If a side commits players forward, we can then counter on them. If they don't though, it just becomes something of a standoff. Would Leicester be happy with a point. If we stand off them will they move their shape inside ours and have their defence pushed up to the half way line probing. Or will they still play conservatively? If they decide to go with a target man and play long from near halfway under no pressure, do we have the players to defend that dug in? Or is our side geared to pin side back?

When we defended like that against Leicester and tried to dig in, we struggled because we seem to lack the players to make it into a physical battle. Also with Lovren out we are missing the center back who attacks the ball in the air and most capable of dealing with the onslaught of set pieces that comes with defending deep. Whereas against Burnley they had their first corner after 70 minutes, for example.

Against a small technical side we can play that way, and do. See Bayern, Man City, Arsenal, Hoffenheim, Sevilla - we did so in all those games. But against a more physical side who will aim to just pick you apart in aerial transitions, standing off them is inviting trouble unless you have the players to do so. We don't. Unless Leicester decide to take the initiative we offer them, push their line up to the halfway line and come at us. Can't imagine they would though, it's suicide for even good footballing sides like Bayern & Arsenal. We had Man City shitting themselves against Salah until the red card.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:26 pm »
Do you think we have the players to be more pragmatic. What would that look like anyway?

It seems against sides who will come at us we play a mid-block, low line and press in our own half. We don't engage until they cross the half way line. Which means it allows the opposition to dominate the ball and come at us. If a side commits players forward, we can then counter on them. If they don't though, it just becomes something of a standoff. Would Leicester be happy with a point. If we stand off them will they move their shape inside ours and have their defence pushed up to the half way line probing. Or will they still play conservatively? If they decide to go with a target man and play long from near halfway under no pressure, do we have the players to defend that dug in? Or is our side geared to pin side back?

When we defended like that against Leicester and tried to dig in, we struggled because we seem to lack the players to make it into a physical battle. Also with Lovren out we are missing the center back who attacks the ball in the air and most capable of dealing with the onslaught of set pieces that comes with defending deep. Whereas against Burnley they had their first corner after 70 minutes, for example.

Against a small technical side we can play that way, and do. See Bayern, Man City, Arsenal, Hoffenheim, Sevilla - we did so in all those games. But against a more physical side who will aim to just pick you apart in aerial transitions, standing off them is inviting trouble unless you have the players to do so. We don't. Unless Leicester decide to take the initiative we offer them, push their line up to the halfway line and come at us. Can't imagine they would though, it's suicide for even good footballing sides like Bayern & Arsenal. We had Man City shitting themselves against Salah until the red card.

I think we have the players to be more pragmatic, yes. 

I gave my formation and thoughts on what I'd do for this game previously in this thread, a few pages back.

I think we should play a similar brand of football, in terms of dominating the ball.  But having a better defensive structure to cope when we do lose the ball, which will happen.

I'm not suggesting sit deep and only look to hit on the break.

Still look to control games, press in the right areas.  But give the defence more protection, tell the full backs to pivot, tell the CBs to not take risks in possession - if in doubt don't be scared to hoof it long or out of play.  Reduce the risk.

If the opposition come on to us more, then that could play into our hands, with the space it will give Salah, Coutinho, firmino etc on the break.

If the opposition don't we can still attack, but the defensive structure will be able to cope better without leaving such gaps, the CBs having better protection and we can hopefully deal better when we lose the ball.

The current approach is naïve, it plays into a team like Leicesters hands.  Maybe we don't have the perfect players to deal with a team going direct or whatever approach Leicester decide to go with.  But we know the current approach is asking for trouble and hasn't worked the last three times we have played them.

Will it be the answer to all our issues?  No.  But would it help?  I think so. 

I've not suggested sitting deep, not pressing - so not sure why you're implying that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:21:10 pm by Klippity Klopp »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #392 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:15 pm »

I gave my formation and thoughts on what I'd do for this game previously in this thread, a few pages back.

I think we should play a similar brand of football, in terms of dominating the ball.  But having a better defensive structure to cope when we do lose the ball, which will happen.

Still look to control games, press in the right areas.  But give the defence more protection, tell the full backs to pivot, tell the CBs to not take risks in possession - if in doubt don't be scared to hoof it long or out of play.  Reduce the risk.

If the opposition come on to us more, then that could play into our hands, with the space it will give Salah, Coutinho, firmino etc on the break.

If the opposition don't we can still attack, but the defensive structure will be able to cope better without leaving such gaps, the CBs having better protection and we can hopefully deal better when we lose the ball.

The current approach is naïve, it plays into a team like Leicesters hands.  Maybe we don't have the perfect players to deal with a team going direct or whatever approach Leicester decide to go with.  But we know the current approach is asking for trouble and hasn't worked the last three times we have played them.

I've not suggested sitting deep, not pressing - so not sure why you're implying that.

But what I don't understand is why would we need to change the system? How has the system been to blame for the goals we've conceded this season... not sure I can really think of one.
Aren't they all problems of execution?

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:19 pm »
Managed to pick up last minute spares after my lad's Saturday rugby match was cancelled (I know, don't ask) so looking forward to:

a nice leisurely trip with him ✓

decent lunch (https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/105411-best-curry-leicester/  -  they know their curry and note the remarkable absence of crowing on their pre-match thread) ✓

away end even more up for it after Tuesday ✓

IPA at half time ✓

no-one falling asleep in front of me like the guy the other night in row MM (not sure what he was smoking in his vape pipe or whatever they're called) ✓

happy journey home ✓

decent game of football ✓

3 points would be nice ✓
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2017, 11:40:16 pm »
But what I don't understand is why would we need to change the system? How has the system been to blame for the goals we've conceded this season... not sure I can really think of one.
Aren't they all problems of execution?

I'm off to bed.

Will reply tomorrow Jack.

Online coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2017, 12:11:49 am »
I'm going to try to enjoy the season. No amount of bitching about the defense will change anything until January. Not sure what the point is in banging that same drum game after game, as if no one realizes the defense is woeful. We should have bought one or to CBs. We get it. So now what?

I don't "go the game", but I can't help but feel the nervousness of the fans bleeds onto the pitch. My support from behind a computer monitor won't transcend to the players, but fuck it, I'm going to cheer them on and keep my exasperated sighs to myself. What good does it do to groan about a botched corner or moan about a bad defensive play? Now, that's not to say we shouldn't be able to complain- we're not sheep- but the negativity seems to be the first thing we reach for these days. Let's debate about the things that can change from week to week. Does Coutinho need to stop shooting every time he's in his range? What does Salah need to do to become a bit more clinical? Do we give AOC a full game in the league? Let's talk about the team as a whole again, rather than harping on the same thing week after week.

My manager is a Gunner, and I was so excited when we got Klopp because I knew how much my manager wanted him for Arsenal. I still can't believe we got Klopp. He's not immune from criticism, but you know, I don't ever want us to realize how lucky we were to have him when it's too late. The season might end up shit. Who knows? But I'm going to try and save my disappointment for the end of it, rather than wallow in it in September.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #396 on: September 22, 2017, 12:39:52 am »
In what way? All our full backs are all short. Likewise the midfielders are designed to prevent time on the ball rather than prevent space also. Who are the players which will win the physical and aerial battles for us back there?

Missed that, sorry. Can you like it to me? Or is this is below?

What would the defensive structure look like? Where is the defensive line sitting? Zonal or Man marking? How? Where? When do we engage on the pitch? Halfway? Higher? Deeper?

Control the game - but that only deals with on the ball. My entire post was talking of off the ball, which is where we have problems. But okay - Tell the full backs to Pivot. So one sits while the other pushes up. But then who stretches play for us horizontally? I assume the widest attacker? We can't just have nobody wide as it allows them to compress us hugely in the middle with no space, plus we need that switch option to move the defence around to tire and look for gaps. Also work in combination play diamonds which means usually one or both attackers are ball side of the pitch. So typically in wide areas you have 1 attacker, 1 #8, 1 full back and either another attacker or Henderson. This leaves you with 3 players centrally. Another #8 (positioned quite parallel to the sides diamond and nearby, or deeper in line with the bottom of the diamond if Henderson is involved). Then the wide attacker (but he is now wide). Then Henderson. So either you have a hole in midfield or nobody in the box now as one of those central players is providing width. You can get the #8 to provide that width but then you lose compactness in the middle. You can bring the wide player in but now you have let them compress us again and you have no switch option. We can bin off the idea of diamonds but then our combinations are based on them and we likely don't have time to practice others. We could just let the players wing it with them but it's typically not how Klopp likes to do it as he has a structured attack around those diamonds.

Also are we still counter pressing? Who is doing this, when, how, for how long? Are we retreating? If so where is our defensively line? How do we prevent getting picked off without pressure on the ball? How do we deal with the far-side overload sides have against us when play breaks down? If we aren't pressing them high up the pitch it could be a problem.

They won't though. They tried to go at Huddersfield and demonstrated that their defenders cannot play a high line (hence why no Maguire to Liverpool I guess). The line dropped off later and there was a chasm between midfield and defence when they pushed forward and Huddersfield could just pick the ball up in space and run at their defence for days. I mean it could happen but I think that was a wake up call to Shakespeare that he cannot be an attacking side with his players as sides cannot push up so he either leaves space behind with no way to defend it, or get stretched vertically and get picked to pieces.

How do we defend off the ball though? Hold line where? Shape, marking, engagement? I just saw how we could avoid getting caught in either our attacking or transitions better but not the defensive phase, unless I missed it. My entire post you were replying to was the defensive phase.

Klopp's results against them have been:-
Win 1-0 (H)
Lose 2-0 (A)
Win 4-1 (H)
Lose 3-1 (A)
Win 2-1 (Neutral - Asia Cup)
Lose 2-0 (A - League Cup)

So whatever way I cut that, leaving out the asia cup as a friendly, or including it, we have beat them once in the last 3 games. But isn't this just a tiny sample size and results based logic though. The bad performance in that lot was the 3-1 defeat I think. The 2-0 League Cup match was just one of those games where you create the chances to win and get suckerpunched. You cannot throw your tactical plans out on results based logic though. You either believe your tactical plan is doing what it should be (creating chances, limiting the oppositions) or it's not.

I look at that, and without any information at all I think wow, Red team was unlucky. That's it. People use a sequence of unlucky results to mean something more than it does often. It's human nature to look for patterns in everything. When in reality you shouldn't look for them, you should use the information you have to explain the outcome. How much of the recent results is luck? Sides aren't stopping us creating chances - which would indicate being found out - we just aren't scoring the chances we are creating. The opposition have no control over that at all. We do. The opposition isn't creating more or better chances against us. They are just scoring the chances they do have, most of which can be traced back to not one but several basic individual errors. Again, they don't control that, we do.

True. But you didn't say how you wanted us to play in the defensive phase. Which I assumed being more conservative, like how we approached those games I mentioned.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:25 am »
Feels like the whole site is just one guy.

I think we can definitely win this, 3-2, 4-3, 5-4. Something like that. 

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2017, 01:20:21 am »

Here are @11tegen11's visualizations for the Leicester match if anybody is curious. Supply to Solanke is interesting. Also the average position of the full backs in relation to each other. You can see how one flank was effective as an attacking unit and the other wasn't quite quickly.

Now the 3-1 defeat as a comparison to see if there are any consistency's.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #399 on: September 22, 2017, 01:41:13 am »
Feels like the whole site is just one guy.

I think we can definitely win this, 3-2, 4-3, 5-4. Something like that.
You are one of those people who makes passive aggressive facebook status updates aimed at nobody in particular, right ;)

I checked for you btw, there were 109 (One Hundred and Nine) threads on RAWK that were posted in within the last 24 hours that I didn't post in at all. Like, not even once.
There are 6 (six) thread that I posted in yesterday - or pretty much any day for that matter.
In total I made 60 posts across those 6 threads.

So to be precise, I am only posting in 5% of the threads that are being updated. To give you some visual help with that, it's this much

Maybe it just feels like I am the only person posting because you are stalking me in the only threads I post and posting passive aggressive messages? Just a thought ;)