Author Topic: Liverpool vs Sevilla Fútbol Club, S.A.D, Uefa Champions League 13/09/2017  (Read 43483 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Liverpool vs Sevilla Fútbol Club, S.A.D, Uefa Champions League 13/09/2017
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »
We need to play both. Phil in midfield and Sturridge up top.

Agreed
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:54 pm »
Who are Sevilla's new danger-men - I know this season's sample size is a bit small to maybe answer this

Banega is there pulling the strings and they have Muriel in up top now who was half decent in Serie A. Nolito is out and so is Geis (ex Schalke).
Navas will prob start on the right with Nzoni the protector in front of the back 4.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2017, 06:26:00 pm »
Who are Sevilla's new danger-men - I know this season's sample size is a bit small to maybe answer this

Ben Yedder
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2017, 06:31:55 pm »
I'd imagine it will be us and Seville vying for top spot in this group. If we can get a crushing victory here it will stand us in good stead in the head to heads meaning we can afford to lose away to them as long as we match them in the games against the other two teams.

Sturbridge has to start for me. Same with all the players who played in the Europa final. They need closure. They need to get it out of their system. And they will be motivated to put things right.

Mane should be on the bench to send out a message and a bit of punishment, if you get sent off and we lose badly you could miss out on a big CL game as a punishment. It will help us avoid another City situation in the future.

Mig
Gomez Lov Mat Mor
Coutinho Can Hend Salah
         Firmino Studge

Now is the time for Coutinho to show the Spanish media that he's worth more than what Barca bid. 
England manager Southgate will be watching and it's a great opportunity for Sturridge to show what he can do, he's in danger of becoming a fringe England player who may miss out on the WC.

4-1 LFC. 3 in the first half. I think Herr Klopp will send the boys out to attack constantly in the first half.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2017, 06:37:38 pm »
Mane should be on the bench to send out a message and a bit of punishment, if you get sent off and we lose badly you could miss out on a big CL game as a punishment. It will help us avoid another City situation in the future.

This is the most intelligent thing I've ever seen written or said

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »
I'd imagine it will be us and Seville vying for top spot in this group. If we can get a crushing victory here it will stand us in good stead in the head to heads meaning we can afford to lose away to them as long as we match them in the games against the other two teams.

Sturbridge has to start for me. Same with all the players who played in the Europa final. They need closure. They need to get it out of their system. And they will be motivated to put things right.

Mig
Gomez Lov Mat Mor
Coutinho Can Hend Salah
         Firmino Studge

Now is the time for Coutinho to show the Spanish media that he's worth more than what Barca bid. 
England manager Southgate will be watching and it's a great opportunity for Sturridge to show what he can do, he's in danger of becoming a fringe England player who may miss out on the WC.

4-1 LFC. 3 in the first half. I think Herr Klopp will send the boys out to attack constantly in the first half.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2017, 06:45:14 pm »
This is the most intelligent thing I've ever seen written or said

Actually players get fined for red cards. So clubs have the same thought pattern - punish players for red cards as it costs the team on the field.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2017, 06:46:26 pm »
Actually players get fined for red cards. So clubs have the same thought pattern - punish players for red cards as it costs the team on the field.

Punish him for something Klopp praised him for? Are you mad?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2017, 06:46:45 pm »

I think he was talking more about leaving Mane on the bench as punishment, more than the club punishing Mane.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2017, 06:48:22 pm »
Punish him for something Klopp praised him for? Are you mad?

No I am not mad. Where did Klopp praise him for it? If he did then I take that idea back.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »
No I am not mad. Where did Klopp praise him for it? If he did then I take that idea back.

He said Mane' should absolutely have gone for the ball. Klopp thinks the whole thing was an accident. Tell me again what part Mane' should be punished for?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2017, 06:58:02 pm »
Just bring Sturridge or Oxlade Chamberlain in.
I hope we don't see much of AOC in the front three.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2017, 07:00:34 pm »
He said Mane' should absolutely have gone for the ball. Klopp thinks the whole thing was an accident. Tell me again what part Mane' should be punished for?

No need to be a tit about it. I didn't know Klopp praised him for it. I was depressed so didn't watch much post match stuff.

Just out of interest why do you put an apostrophe after Mane's name?

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:00 pm »
If there's any risk with Salah I'd rather him miss this game and make sure he's available for the games Mane misses.

Can see Coutinho - Firmino - Mane as the front three. 

Agree. If Salah didn't train today then he won't start tomorrow.

Can't wait for it, back in the CL! Can't wait to get to the ground. Think the crowd will be up for it.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
No need to be a tit about it. I didn't know Klopp praised him for it. I was depressed so didn't watch much post match stuff.

Just out of interest why do you put an apostrophe after Mane's name?

Sadio Mané. Mainly because I don't know how to to do the ' above the e on my keyboard. I could look it up but i'm lazy :P I copied the name there.

You're asking for players to be fined and dropped if they get a red card at the discretion of an inept FA.

Offline HumanRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2017, 07:07:29 pm »
Sadio Mané. Mainly because I don't know how to to do the ' above the e on my keyboard. I could look it up but i'm lazy :P I copied the name there.

You're asking for players to be fined and dropped if they get a red card at the discretion of an inept FA.

I see thanks.

No I'm not asking for players to be fined and dropped for inept decisions. Obviously if Herr Klopp thinks the decision was wrong and Mané did the right thing then there's no way I'm advocating that.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2017, 07:09:20 pm »
I see thanks.

No I'm not asking for players to be fined and dropped for inept decisions. Obviously if Herr Klopp thinks the decision was wrong and Mané did the right thing then there's no way I'm advocating that.

I guess it's the managers choice, but unless it's a Joey Barton challenge type of thing, many a red card is just heat of the moment or actually a mistake or a bad decision by the ref. I don't see the benefit in it.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2017, 07:20:48 pm »
Sevilla are going to get absolutely crushed.They will have to pay for our humiliation at the weekend.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:46 pm »

Ctrl + ' before you press e

Option + e then e on Mac
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2017, 07:34:44 pm »
Klopp says he expects Salah to be back training tomorrow.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »
Ctrl + ' before you press e

Nope didn't work for me. é (alt 0233) works though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2017, 07:37:41 pm »
He is cracking me up tonight the way he is behaving. Also he is keeping the team under wraps until tomorrow, much grinning by the manager.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
http://lfc.tv/Atbv

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Liverpool are confident Mohamed Salah will be fit to face Sevilla on Wednesday evening.

The No.11 was sent home from Melwood on Tuesday afternoon as a precaution due to illness, but is expected to be available to take part in the Champions League clash.

More to follow...

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2017, 07:45:29 pm »
a bit of perspective on the Sevilla team.. nabbed from Reddit..

In the spirit of a good matchup, I thought I'd share a little about my team before the big clash. I'm a Sevilla-born American and happen to watch most Liverpool matches as well because of a friend. Feel free to ask any questions about my team.

Playing style Emery's rigid 4-2-3-1 from our Europa League final is long gone. Last season Sampaoli came in and transformed us into a wild, attacking, high-pressing team fixed on keeping the ball. Berizzo has replaced him and instituted a more traditional 4-3-3, but still with an emphasis on pressing high and controlling the match.

Defence Like Liverpool, the weakness is definitely at the back. Carrico and Lenglet are a capable CB duo but make mistakes. Escudero on the left has become a hell of a player attacking and defending. On the right we usually start Mercado, a strong defensive RB/CB. He left with an injury last match, so we might start Corchia instead, a much more dynamic but unproven player. I don't think either is capable of containing Mane. Kjaer could possibly start at CB; he's looked like a boss in the few chances he's had so far, but he's new to the defense and might also lack the pace to deal with Liverpool.

Midfield N'Zonzi-Pizarro-Banega will likely make up the midfield and are capable of controlling a match. Pizarro is looking like N'Zonzi 2.0 so far; he will likely assume most of the defensive duties and free N'Zonzi for a box-to-box role. Banega runs the offense, distributing the ball and looking to break defenses. He has all the class in the world on a good day. Sarabia has a lot of class too and could play CM or RW. God help us if Ganso makes it on the pitch; dude is lackadaisical but inexplicably has some key goals this season.

Attack This is harder to predict because Berizzo has rotated our attacking players a lot. Our striker will be Ben Yedder or Muriel; I'm hoping for Muriel because he's faster, more active, and better at taking on defenders. Ben Yedder has had far more minutes and, despite disappearing for long stretches, has some great goals this season. On the left will likely be Correa since Nolito is injured; good all-around player, good at finding space and beating defenders, but prone to mistakes and missing chances. On the right will likely be Jesus Navas who has looked as good as ever. He already has a couple of assists.

12th Man Alberto Moreno ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Outlook With two great offenses and two questionable defenses, this match could really go either way, but I mostly expect Liverpool to punish our defense. I think our style plays right into your hands and, while I love the roster, the team is still a work in progress. My only hope is that the midfield and wingers will control the match enough to limit Liverpool's chances, but I don't think we're polished enough to do that yet.

Here's to a great match!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2017, 07:46:37 pm »
12th Man Alberto Moreno ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:lmao

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »
That moment when you have to give your Sevilla ticket away because work have decided to have a rewards evening randomly (teacher). :(
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2017, 07:48:40 pm »
That moment when you have to give your Sevilla ticket away because work have decided to have a rewards evening randomly (teacher). :(

Ugh mate sorry to hear. Sympathies. Tell them no! Get a cardboard cut out of yourself in place.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2017, 07:52:49 pm »
OMG!!!!

Klopp just told the Seville reporter, that he hadn't thought about the past games with Mainz or Liverpool but now that "the reporter" has brought it up" he is obligated to tell his players about this.   And he said --->  you (the reporter) now have a part to play in this match :)

Unfreaking believable.  I love this fucking guy.

Btw Karius starts!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2017, 07:52:49 pm »
"If nothing happens overnight Loris Karius will be in goal." So there you have it, good luck lad.  :)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2017, 07:54:39 pm »
OMG!!!!

Klopp just told the Seville reporter, that he hadn't thought about the past games with Mainz or Liverpool but now that "the reporter" has brought it up" he is obligated to tell his players about this.   And he said --->  you (the reporter) now have a part to play in this match :)

Unfreaking believable.  I love this fucking guy.

Btw Karius starts!

He was in a cheeky mood all through really funny.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2017, 07:55:29 pm »
"If nothing happens overnight Loris Karius will be in goal." So there you have it, good luck lad.  :)

Mignolet with a golf club?
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:19 pm »
He was in a cheeky mood all through really funny.

Can you imagine if we paste these guys, and Klopp when asked about the turning point mentions the pregame presser?

Would seriously laugh out an intestine or one of its contents :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2017, 08:05:17 pm »
Can you imagine if we paste these guys, and Klopp when asked about the turning point mentions the pregame presser?

Would seriously laugh out an intestine or one of its contents :)

I know I couldn't stop grinning watching him, he is a one off.  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »

This is Lillehammer 94 all over again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2017, 08:06:01 pm »

Let's hope Bellamy has not been in touch with Simon.  :)

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »
I know I couldn't stop grinning watching him, he is a one off.  ;D

Feisty tonight wasn't he! Think he's a bit pissed at the city result, probably what he's heard re any coverage of it, and the decision to reject the appeal of the sentence.

Reading into the body language, I expect Phil to start.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2017, 08:38:43 pm »
Feisty tonight wasn't he! Think he's a bit pissed at the city result, probably what he's heard re any coverage of it, and the decision to reject the appeal of the sentence.

Reading into the body language, I expect Phil to start.

I find it hard to read him on these occasions despite his grins and funny faces. But the way he answered that Sevilla journalist when he reminded him of them beating his three teams, was just hilarious. You might be right about Philippe, a little bit too much grinning from him there I think.  ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2017, 08:52:22 pm »
We booing the UEFA anthem tomorrow or what? Hope so. Bring on the fines you corrupt c*nts

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »
We booing the UEFA anthem tomorrow or what? Hope so. Bring on the fines you corrupt c*nts

No fines anymore, they finally allowed it to happen unpunished as it was happing at every single game.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:38 pm »

What was/is the rationale behind this?