Author Topic: Half time: Manchester City 2-0 Liverpool  (Read 20448 times)

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
Re: Half time: Manchester City 2-0 Liverpool
« Reply #120 on: September 9, 2017, 01:30:52 pm »
Can be forgiven today really. 10 men will always leave gaps.

Bollocks. Our defending with 11 men was shocking before that.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #121 on: September 9, 2017, 01:30:52 pm »
Corrupt league. Corrupt club.

Manc shite.
Nah. Just not our day.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #122 on: September 9, 2017, 01:30:55 pm »
Really poor red card, so sick of getting the shite end of pathetic ref's decisions. Salad should have gone down at the end there - had his foot clipped as he went past the defender. Sure it was a heavy touch but he was still clipped.

I don't see what exactly Mane is supposed to do in that situation either, I guess just challenge only with his head? Keeper was more reckless than Mane, arguably. Mind you Eduardo's decisiveness of the line compared to Mignolet's week effort perhaps bears comparison. They had far, far too many players free in the box at the end there for their second, that was fucking ridiculous.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #123 on: September 9, 2017, 01:30:56 pm »
That second goal was awful.Jesus was in acres of space ffs

That had me screaming the house down. He's just standing in the six yard box with another player behind him. No excuse for it

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 9, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »
Klavan not fit for purposes.
He's gash should've never been our third choice
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:03 pm »
City have had our measurements all the first half.

Have you been watching?

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:03 pm »
Not sure what was worse. The refereeing or our defending.

1-0 down - due to shite defending - and down to ten men. In injury time as well. You see it through to half time.  Sorry, but us being down to 10 doesn't stop us defending properly. A player had a fucking free header in the 6 yard box. Dreadful.

I'd take 2-0 here.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:05 pm »
Split second too late to it and instead of an easy goal he's got a (deserved) red card and knocked the GK out.

Killed our game now. 10 men against this lot is going to be very hard. Need to make a couple of changes and change the shape completely.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline RedGlen

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »
I think regardless of intent, or where Mané was looking, its a red card. The leg is up to head height, its straight and locked in, and makes contact with a players face. Subsequently the player is knocked out and has to be stretchered off. Freak accident it may be, unintentional and non-malicious it may be, but its a red because it clearly endangered another player.

There are ways to go for a ball that are safer than a foot at head height. If Mané goes for that with his head, its a 50-50 and at worst, a yellow. Unfortunately I think its the right decision.
01010011 01100001 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000001 01101100 01100010 01100001 00100001 00100000

Offline Bruce Springsteen

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »
You're an idiot. Go learn the rules of the game.
They are the rules. It's dangerous play.  Straight red. Like a studs up challenge. They're the rules.  They might not be right but they're the rules

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #130 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »
The funny thing is Mods was behind play and unsighted.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:18 pm »
game ruined. this could be a cricket score. get Gomez on for trent, he is a mess and is going to end up getting sent off. play 3 at the back and give the Ox a run out.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #132 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:19 pm »
Baffling decision to play Klavan has backfired horribly. He did OK against Crystal Palace when they were hoofing balls up the pitch to Benteke, but made a horrible hash of defending against an attacker with the ball at his feet leading up to Benteke getting their only clear chance. City aren't hoofing long balls up the middle and Klavan is constantly getting his positioning wrong and getting his feet in a tangle when facing up attackers.

It is not a baffling decision. With one man missing anyone is going to struggle against the attacking unit of City.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #133 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:27 pm »
We've been fucking robbed by that c*nt of a ref but god we are architects of our own doom sometimes. We've had this match in our hands but we just haven't made the most of our good positions. At the back we are shambolic, gifting them 2 goals.

We have been terrible in injury time, had we held out till HT we coyldve still had a chance to regroup. Gonna be tough now
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #134 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:29 pm »
Game over. Just make sure we don't get tonked and no-one gets injured
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #135 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:34 pm »
Congratulations to Jon Moss for yet again getting his name in the press. He must want his name up in lights or something, such is his desire to be noticed. It's a pity he's being noticed for being an utterly shit referee.

Two very clear things happened in that incident; firstly, Mane had his eyes entirely on the ball, and at the speed of play had absolutely no intention to cause injury. The issue was made worse by the fact that the keeper had lowered his head, and not jumped for the ball. if it had been above head height, you could understand the red. The keeper was stooping into an area where boots are flying in normal play. Secondly, Moss took a look at the extent of the injury before making the call on the red card. He's clearly seen something, thought if I don't send the lad off for causing this my arse will be in the firing line, and made the worst call possible. A yellow, yes I could see that, but a red card is utterly ludicrous and now raises questions about boot height, challenging keepers outside the box, the whole shebang.

Ruined the game, opened it up for them to batter us, cheers you fucking cock end Moss.

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:34 pm »
I reckon we'll make a sub at HT. My guess is we'll bring either Milner or AOC on. Possibly for Firmino.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #137 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:38 pm »

Well that's a bit intrusive

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #138 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:42 pm »
Anyone who thinks that it was a red card is either an idiot, is being contrary just for the sake of it or is someone who has NEVER played football at any level.

It is a foul. That's it. If Mane had backed out of that I'd never have wanted him to play for us again because I'd label him a coward. He had every right to get the ball. At no point does he look at the goalie, if he wins that ball it is a 1-1 game. Is he supposed to back out? No, he isn't.

Fuck off John Moss. Prick. We're playing catch up now early on in the season due to a fucking stupid referee.

If that was two outfield players going for a 50/50 a foot off the ground and one missed the ball and hit the other guy in the knee with his studs up, that's a red.  Same here.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:43 pm »
Of course it was a red. Doesn't matter it if was intentional or not (it wasn't) but there is strict liability.

So stop using that as an excuse because when you don't improve your biggest weakness then you're going to come up short against world class forward lines.

But yeah make the red card an excuse.........

Can you quote me the rule about strict liability please, I couldn't find it on the FA website?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #140 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:49 pm »
Fuck keeping it to 2-0, go at them and go down swinging. Cards might just fall our way.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »
You have some issues

Yeah, I must have, thinking our team still has a chance or something.

I certainly hope Klopp and the ten remaining players think they have one, anyway.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 9, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »
It was a red all day.

We stopped playing that last 8 minutes and paid for it.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »
Its John Moss. What do you expect? Jeez, these US Commentators are daft too.

Just get through this game without any injuries and all is good.

Klavan not impressing. AA needs to start shutting down crosses though.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #144 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »
They are the rules. It's dangerous play.  Straight red. Like a studs up challenge. They're the rules.  They might not be right but they're the rules

Exactly but typical people on here making excuses.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #145 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »

The speed our lads run at how on earth did they get our inside leg?!

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:04 pm »
I can take losing when it's simply to the better team. Losing to the ref kicks you in the bollocks though. He's a disgrace.

Is correct. Their first goal comes from Fernandinho pushing Gini in the back to win a header as well, play on waved. Game over thanks to John Moss. Player is entitled to go for the ball keeper puts his head down it's a 50/50, yellow card and a free out. All about keeping it respectable now unfortunately.

Won't bother slagging off our lads, it's the usual mistakes. One thing I will ask is why has Salah not played Otemendi for a foul at the end there?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:06 pm »
Can you quote me the rule about strict liability please, I couldn't find it on the FA website?

You won't find it because he's talking out of his arse.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:09 pm »
Really bizarre game tactically, even before and without the sending off. City are... well, I could only describe it as counter-counter-pressing. Silva and De Bruyne are vacating midfield, staying high and wide. As soon as any one of our midfield three joined the front three in pressing, City would get the ball forward quickly and have an overload on either flank or Silva/De Bruyne would drop inside and overload Henderson.

The sending off... I don't think it's as harsh as most will. Very high foot, at speed means it would inevitably have some momentum travelling forward and through with studs. It's dangerous; it doesn't have to have intent. (As I type, agree with Carragher's summary).

Not sure how we get back into this, other than getting Otamendi sent off.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:09 pm »
i really was expecting Gomez in this game.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »
Well that went to shit in a handcart.

Take TAA off, reorganise the defence and try to hit them on the break?

Re Mane, a straight red can be appealed but I'm not sure we would.  Could we ask for the ban to be reduced, given there was clearly no malicious intent.  Not that I'd have much hope for that of course...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »
Really poor today

School boy defending again. Salahs finishing at times is woeful, its like he expends all his energy getting into shooting positions then has nothing left in the tank for the actual finish

Feel for Mane, he never meant it and you can see his eyes fixated on the ball throughout the whole replay but it was always going to end badly in that position. In real time it looked like he never caught him with his foot and momentum took Ederson into the side of Manes leg but the replay showed clearly what happened and as much as i hate to say, i think the ref got it right

If a city players caught mignolet like that there would be uproar had the ref of produced a yellow

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:16 pm »
Fuck off Carra you fucking weezle

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #153 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:24 pm »

They was no intent by Mane to injure in that incident he had his eyes fully on the ball.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
Poor decision for the red card, but not as poor as our defending. Klavan lol. Wijnaldum totally anonymous and pointless too. Be lucky not to get totally battered here now.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #155 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
Our failure to go into the market for a centre-back already biting us on the arse. The lack of organisation/leadership for the second goal is embarrassing. Matip marking no one and Klavan marking the wrong man.

Henderson been especially abysmal but not getting much help from Wij or Can.

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #156 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
it was never a red.....

if we do appeal, i think this will surely get rescinded right?

can't see us coming back in this match now..... haven't had this feeling at half time for like 20 yrs, but today, i guess the 3 pts are gone

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:30 pm »
Cant win every game.

Shit happens.Just tighten up shop , Get upto 75-80mins  and try to have a go with sturridge

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:34 pm »
Potentially great match ruined by that red card. Such a shame.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 9, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »
Mignolet could of done a lot better for that 2nd goal. The header was right at him down the middle.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk