Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1761218 times)

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #4240 on: August 31, 2017, 07:25:51 pm »
Fucking hell lad can't you just enjoy a player for 5 mins without pissing your pants he'll leave? Fucking modern football and its lazy obsession linking every quality player with Madrid and Barca. Bore off.

It's absurd. When fans aren't fewmin about selling someone then they're trying to sell the next best player when he's at the club for a long time to come.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4241 on: August 31, 2017, 07:29:59 pm »
It's absurd. When fans aren't fewmin about selling someone then they're trying to sell the next best player when he's at the club for a long time to come.

We may as well start getting para now, about next summer's big marquee signing getting pinched in 2020  :)

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #4242 on: September 5, 2017, 08:42:07 pm »
Just scored what could be a very important goal for Senegal.
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4243 on: September 5, 2017, 08:50:56 pm »
Both Sadio and Salah have been on the score sheets for their respective countries, let's hope that's a good omen for Saturday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4244 on: September 5, 2017, 09:00:33 pm »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4245 on: September 5, 2017, 09:21:05 pm »
We may as well start getting para now, about next summer's big marquee signing getting pinched in 2020  :)

Don't worry, that's already started. In Keita thread, Barca/Real Madrid are supposed to come in couple of years  :butt

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4246 on: September 5, 2017, 10:18:18 pm »
This lad is getting a hat trick on Saturday
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4247 on: September 6, 2017, 08:51:59 pm »
Apparently the fixture South Africa v Senegal will be replayed next international break after the referee in that game has been hit with a lifetime ban for match-fixing.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #4248 on: September 8, 2017, 03:11:42 pm »
Named premier league player of the month for August ..... and rightly so  8)
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4249 on: September 8, 2017, 03:22:21 pm »
Apparently the fixture South Africa v Senegal will be replayed next international break after the referee in that game has been hit with a lifetime ban for match-fixing.
Fucking hell.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: September 8, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »
Fully deserved. He’s getting POTS too

Offline ynwa25

• Main Stander
« Reply #4251 on: September 8, 2017, 04:01:05 pm »
Congrats to him. Well deserved 🍾

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: September 8, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
A well deserved award, hope its a great start to a great weekend for him - would love to see him score again tomorrow. 4 in 4 games would be cool. 8)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #4253 on: September 8, 2017, 05:48:41 pm »

:o

Wow, rightly so then.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #4254 on: September 8, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
Well deserved. Enjoying the Manc fume 

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #4255 on: September 8, 2017, 07:44:27 pm »
Named premier league player of the month for August ..... and rightly so  8)

Nice one. Hopefully next month too.

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #4256 on: September 8, 2017, 08:05:13 pm »
Looks like he's hit up the Firmino/Coutinho wunderdentist sometime recently too 8)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4257 on: September 8, 2017, 08:05:56 pm »
Just another Saints player that we should not have signed, right?  ;)

It's a great mystery to me as to how we keep targeting every Saints player that I like (except Lambert, who we probably signed owing to his affection for us). I was in awe of Lallana first, his technique was so unlike any modern English player and thought Lovren was one the better CBs in the league during his season there. And then I wanted Clyne because no player seemed to go past him and then I wanted Mane the next season because he was not only fast, but he also had an eye for goal. Then I wanted Van Dijk for obvious reasons. Each of this happened the season before we targeted them. Every Southampton player I like, we go for them.

It was disappointing to see Lallana and Lovren struggle initially, but they're worth it now anyway.

Mane is just brilliant isn't he, his level has gone up playing with better players here and there's none anymore who doubts his consistency.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: September 11, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »
Liverpool are to appeal against the length of Sadio Mané’s three-match ban for his dismissal against Manchester City.

Mané was sent off for raising his foot in a challenge with the City goalkeeper Ederson in the first half of Liverpool’s 5-0 defeat on Saturday. Mané’s boot caught Ederson in the face on the edge of City’s penalty area, and the 25-year-old was shown a straight red card by the referee Jon Moss.

Only a claim of wrongful dismissal would see Mané’s ban completely withdrawn but that is unlikely so the forward still faces at least one game out.

Ederson was taken off on a stretcher with facial injuries following the incident in the first half but is likely to return within two weeks according to Pep Guardiola.

Liverpool have the option to claim the ban represents excessive punishment and intend to do so. A successful appeal would see Mané’s ban reduced by either one or two matches.

Jürgen Klopp initially said Liverpool were unlikely to appeal against the suspension. “It would be another waste of time, like the game today,” he said.

“I think everyone knows [Mané] didn’t see the goalie. There was not one second he looks on the goalie. He just wanted to get the ball as soon as possible. Hopefully the goalie is not seriously injured.

“Sadio is very upset. We couldn’t keep him – he was shocked about the situation. I am sure also about the decision.”

If the appeal fails, Mané will miss the home league game against Burnley on 16 September, as well as two trips to Leicester City – the League Cup tie on 19 September and the Premier League match four days later.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/11/liverpool-appeal-length-mane-ban-red-card

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:07 pm »
After the two other incidents in yesterday's game and tonight's it certainly needs to be highlighted the lack of consistency in how the ref's are dealing with this situation. It's the FA though, so don't be surprised if we get another couple of bans on top of it.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #4260 on: September 11, 2017, 11:22:35 pm »
After the two other incidents in yesterday's game and tonight's it certainly needs to be highlighted the lack of consistency in how the ref's are dealing with this situation. It's the FA though, so don't be surprised if we get another couple of bans on top of it.

Could this end up a 5 game ban if any appeal is unsuccessful

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4261 on: September 11, 2017, 11:29:09 pm »
Cant see us getting a sniff off them myself either mate.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4262 on: September 11, 2017, 11:29:24 pm »

Really don't know, but I would be amazed if its anything good. This will be one can of worm the football authorities will not want opening.

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #4263 on: September 11, 2017, 11:30:10 pm »
Don't know how the whole appealing system malarkey works but if Liverpool or Mane speak to the FA they should surely raise the inconsistency point.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: September 11, 2017, 11:30:28 pm »
Cant see us getting a sniff off them myself either mate.

The only good things are we can point to the two other incidents. Especially the one tonight.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: September 11, 2017, 11:30:54 pm »
Don't know how the whole appealing system malarkey works but if Liverpool or Mane speak to the FA they should surely raise the inconsistency point.

I would agree.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4266 on: September 11, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »

So long as we get the media to play the right tune, no. The examples this weekend have been perfectly timed.

We could get people talking about potential retrospective bans for Ritchie, if Mané's isn't overturned. Say if it's so bad that we can't win an appeal, why aren't the PL punishing these other dangerous examples. THe easy way out for the PL would be no appeal, and then they can just shrug their shoulders. We should be following this up by forcing them to make a decision, and really push the message of consistency (which most people in and around football want from refs).

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: September 11, 2017, 11:34:01 pm »
Not too optimistic, but the frivolous appeal rule has changed, right?  They don't just automatically (99% of the time) deem things frivolous and tack on an extra game?

Would be nice to get even any reduction on the ban, as long as we don't run the risk of losing him for even more matches.
King Kenny.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4268 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:26 pm »
Not too optimistic, but the frivolous appeal rule has changed, right?  They don't just automatically (99% of the time) deem things frivolous and tack on an extra game?

Would be nice to get even any reduction on the ban, as long as we don't run the risk of losing him for even more matches.
An extra game would rule him out against Utd.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: September 11, 2017, 11:37:41 pm »
Well we are not appealing the decision, we are appealing the length of the ban.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: September 11, 2017, 11:37:50 pm »

Guardian article reads like it's just the three if not successful (Burnley, Leicester in league then cup)

We are not asking for wrongful dismissal

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #4271 on: September 11, 2017, 11:41:48 pm »
An extra game would rule him out against Utd.

If that's true, if there's even a chance of it, then that is what will 100% happen.

You can guarantee Mourinho will chuck his oar in when he gets wind of this.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4272 on: September 12, 2017, 12:22:44 am »
If that's true, if there's even a chance of it, then that is what will 100% happen.

You can guarantee Mourinho will chuck his oar in when he gets wind of this.

Think the 3 games missed will be Burnley and the two Leicester away games. If he gets an extra game ban, it will be Newcastle away. They would have to make it a 5 game ban for him to miss the game against the mancs

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4273 on: September 12, 2017, 12:26:45 am »
"not likely" to appeal wrongful dismissal so don't worry about extra games. Just the three unless we go the whole hog!

Burnley Leicester in the league and cup

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #4274 on: September 12, 2017, 12:38:55 am »
Rooney gets only a yellow on a full blown take down attempt. Mane a red on a non attempt to injure. Difference? Is 12 stitches. Hate the red, but it is what it is, call it a day, and move on. Hoping they won't give him the three, but this is FA....  I fear a curse is about this team this year...

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: September 12, 2017, 01:03:27 am »

What were the other two incidents, out of interest?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: September 12, 2017, 01:12:53 am »
What were the other two incidents, out of interest?

In tonight's game a West Ham player caught another player in his face with his boot. Yesterday a similar incident occurred. Only one player got sent off though, in the other two incidents one got a yellow card the other one got nothing.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4277 on: September 12, 2017, 03:11:29 am »
It was a red but Mané was looking at the ball. It becomes a 50/50 when the goalie is out of his box. There was obviously no intent but I'd be absolutely astounded if they reduced it. It's the FA. I'm glad Ederson is OK but the injury hasn't helped our case.

I think we've wasted our time even appealing quite frankly. We should be able to get by without him against Burnely and the league cup where he wasn't likely to play anyway. So, really he's only missing 2 games in which he was going to play. He'll play in CL league games and come back in the league against Newcastle.
YWNA

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: September 12, 2017, 05:07:48 am »
In tonight's game a West Ham player caught another player in his face with his boot. Yesterday a similar incident occurred. Only one player got sent off though, in the other two incidents one got a yellow card the other one got nothing.

Surely the club need to use these examples..
Make a full blown presentation (video clips an all) and blow the FA fuckers out of the water..
PR department also needs to step up..

Create a seige mentality.. get everyone motivated in the dressing room and everyone else at the club..
Dig in for the long haul and bring home no.19
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #4279 on: September 12, 2017, 06:09:16 am »
They would rightly argue that the Ritchie challenge should have been Red, intent is not mentioned in the rules, this is:

"Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off"

I don't think there is an argument to reduce the severity because a sending off for the above is 3 weeks