Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
We should stay away from signing players who faced lengthy spells on the sidelines in the past

This was under Hodgson who famously told Sturridge to man up and play through injury, not exactly the forefront of medical science was Roy.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Do you support the strikes?
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 11:25:06 am »
Someone suggested discussing the rail nationalisation in a new thread instead of polluting the Labour one.  I'll try it here first as one of the first things Labour will need to sort is how to deal with the unions.  I half listened late last night to a program about it and if the unions are having national strikes instead of ones in regions / against specific to, that gives them more power.  Thus harder for Labour to deal with.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 11:24:52 am »
The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin
Red Rain - Peter Gabriel
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Dave D on Today at 11:23:15 am »
Unless he wants to leave and forces and exit, he won't be sold. Every leak to the media confirms this.
Fair play to Arteta though.
We were mocking him a few years back but as his experience grows, he is becoming a very good coach.
Might even end up at 115 when Ped leaves.

I wouldnt worry about that. Arteta is where he belongs. Former player and captain, never celebrated any of City's goals agianst us when he was the assistant there.

Arteta will be manager of Arsenal for years to come.
« Last post by Bennett on Today at 11:22:16 am »
Despite what Ornstein is coming out with, I would be surprised if he is still here next season. It's possible of course that the club have weighed up what we would get in a transfer fee against what he is worth for another 12 months. But the prospect of getting £70m+ (and freeing up hundreds of thousands a week in wages) at a time when the attack looks in need of being reinvented is surely too tempting. I think it's as much of a risk to keep him as it is to let him go at this point. This summer has a very different feel to last when selling him would have been nothing short of a disaster.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by red_Mark1980 on Today at 11:20:58 am »
Ah okay. Cheers. I’m in the UAE at mo and feeling the distance even in this modern world.  ;)

Michael Oliver???
« Last post by Ste08 on Today at 11:20:22 am »
It was pretty obvious he wasn't leaving. Players who score 20 goals every season don't grow on trees and from his perspective why would he want to move to Saudi Arabia when he's still one of the best players in football.
I managed to get 4 Quarter Final tickets in Berlin for this in the ballot! Absolutely buzzing!

After the Russia World Cup, the Euro 2020/21 multi country fiasco and then the Qatari Farce, it feels like such a relief to have a major international tournament in a single, football loving diplomatic country.

Defo not going to take it for granted given how the future is looking

Managed to get 4 tickets for the same game, as well as a group game (Netherlands vs Austria). Looking forward to it as well. Don’t really mind who wins, just hope that the games are decent and our boys do well. Plus a good excuse to have a few bevvies with my mates.

Been ages since I went to the Olympiastadion - it’s a lovely ground.
His hamstring injuries has to be a worry

Missed the first 3 months and only back a while a got another hamstring injury that had him out for another long period

We should stay away from signing players who faced lengthy spells on the sidelines in the past
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10