Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1389098 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #2240 on: July 3, 2018, 07:44:10 am »
If Trent doesn't get the Golden Boy award, I don't know who would.

Wild guess here, but Kylian Mbappe?!

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2241 on: July 3, 2018, 06:21:32 pm »
on ya Trent, have a ripper game
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: July 4, 2018, 10:25:27 am »

that is why football individual prices should be separated to best GK, defender, midfielder and forward.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2243 on: July 4, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »
Fair enough. But if you look at Mbappe’s overall game, he’s being quite lazy and is often carried by others. Brilliant talent though, can clearly decides games.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:30 pm »
Trent is listed here at the 12th most valuable footballer under 21 years old.

http://mysoccerex.com/20U21_Final_Draft.pdf

What I find more interesting is just looking at the other names. I wonder if we are chasing any of them besides potentially Pulisic?
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: July 21, 2018, 03:18:06 pm »
Trent is listed here at the 12th most valuable footballer under 21 years old.

http://mysoccerex.com/20U21_Final_Draft.pdf

What I find more interesting is just looking at the other names. I wonder if we are chasing any of them besides potentially Pulisic?

It has Marcus Rashford at no. 2, ahead of Trent, Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus  :o
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2246 on: July 21, 2018, 03:27:24 pm »
It has Marcus Rashford at no. 2, ahead of Trent, Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus  :o

That's the Manchester United premium, that is.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: July 21, 2018, 11:41:40 pm »
So lads what do you reckon, is it time for Trent to change his kit number this season? 66 to I don't know... maybe 3? 13? 19?

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #2248 on: July 22, 2018, 04:14:54 am »
Will be good to see what TAA learns from Fabinho over the next two years given he made the move from RB to DM.

Had a great 2017/2018 and fully deserves his spot on the the plane to russia.

If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: July 22, 2018, 04:54:24 am »
So lads what do you reckon, is it time for Trent to change his kit number this season? 66 to I don't know... maybe 3? 13? 19?
i think he can wait for 6.. seeing him wear 66 is cool for him imo... i do think Robertson will take n. 3, would suit him..

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2250 on: July 22, 2018, 06:39:57 am »

Nah, love his unique #66.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2251 on: July 22, 2018, 08:15:34 pm »
Will be good to see what TAA learns from Fabinho over the next two years given he made the move from RB to DM.

Had a great 2017/2018 and fully deserves his spot on the the plane to russia.

How old is TAA now? 19 going into 20? Maybe he still has time on his side before moving to DM.

To me, I'd rather he play first team football regularly first and then learn the tactical side of things as he plays.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #2252 on: July 22, 2018, 11:37:51 pm »
How old is TAA now? 19 going into 20? Maybe he still has time on his side before moving to DM.

To me, I'd rather he play first team football regularly first and then learn the tactical side of things as he plays.

He's a 19 year old, soon into a 20 year old in October.    I'd play him as a full-back on the right side at anytime.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2253 on: July 23, 2018, 04:39:23 pm »
Stupid how people want to convert him to a midfielder when he could be one of the greatest RBs of all time

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2254 on: July 23, 2018, 04:44:16 pm »

A rightback wearing 3?  Get out.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: July 23, 2018, 06:26:24 pm »
Trent is more valuable at RB for us. You need good fullbacks to smash the buses - ask Pep.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2256 on: July 23, 2018, 06:52:27 pm »
He's our first choice RB going into the new season.  Why the hell would you want to play him in midfield  ::)

The lad's got an amazing future ahead of him, if all goes well.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: July 23, 2018, 07:22:08 pm »
I reckon this season he'll establish himself as one of the best fullbacks in the league. Even the London media will have to acknowledge him being as good or better than Trippier.

I'm very much looking forward to having him in our team for years to come. What a talent.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: July 23, 2018, 07:34:01 pm »
I reckon this season he'll establish himself as one of the best fullbacks in the league. Even the London media will have to acknowledge him being as good or better than Trippier.

I'm very much looking forward to having him in our team for years to come. What a talent.

I have no doubt,he came on leaps and bounds last season & he hasn't even come close to his complete development & learning.

I cannot wait for him to claim the armband as his own.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2259 on: July 23, 2018, 08:49:22 pm »
Stupid how people want to convert him to a midfielder when he could be one of the greatest RBs of all time

I know it's merely pre-season but it becomes blatantly obvious how much better and diverse our play is with Trent at RB instead of Clyne. Clyne can do two things, good 5 yard pass into feet followed by a run in behind and obviously he's a good 1v1 defender (weak with high balls over his shoulder though which Trent has matured a lot on already). Trent is possibly the best crosser in the squad, in all situations, can switch play and create and shoot from deep.

It's potentially like having a fit fabio aurelio with a bit of oomph, just because he can play in midfield doesn't mean he should.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: July 23, 2018, 08:55:44 pm »
I know it's merely pre-season but it becomes blatantly obvious how much better and diverse our play is with Trent at RB instead of Clyne. Clyne can do two things, good 5 yard pass into feet followed by a run in behind and obviously he's a good 1v1 defender (weak with high balls over his shoulder though which Trent has matured a lot on already). Trent is possibly the best crosser in the squad, in all situations, can switch play and create and shoot from deep.

It's potentially like having a fit fabio aurelio with a bit of oomph, just because he can play in midfield doesn't mean he should.

Trent is so fluid on the ball. Clyne is comparatively clunky. Trent’s comfortable turning on the bell, taking on his man, knitting midfield play together, great at one touching passing, making runs into space and obviously crossing, in ways that Clyne can’t dream of. Our possession and attacking phases are great with him, as you say. I like the Aurelio comparison, both so good at interplay and crossing., I think he’s an even better athlete and subsequently dribbler / attacking player than Fabio. He can attack his man and space in ways Fabio couldn’t, and I love Fabio.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2261 on: July 23, 2018, 08:57:09 pm »
Big season coming up for young TAA.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: July 23, 2018, 10:36:56 pm »
Trent is more valuable at RB for us. You need good fullbacks to smash the buses - ask Pep.

Just look at Dani Alves and Marcelo. Probably the best modern day full backs of the last ten years. Absolute joys to watch.

Trent is a decent defender, much better than Gomez IMO. Can take on a man, use both feet, go inside and out, cracking deliver. Everything you want for a top class full back. Hopefully he stays injury free because he will make the position his. And a West Derby lad too.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2263 on: August 12, 2018, 02:30:52 pm »
that free kick was going in the top corner...

great technique

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2264 on: August 12, 2018, 03:23:52 pm »
Crossing sucked today, but other than that didn't put a foot wrong :thumbup

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: August 12, 2018, 03:25:46 pm »
On an off day by his standards (he seemed to be pissed off with himself from early on), and an unlucky early yellow to hamper him, he still manages to play like one of our most dangerous players. Without a full preseason. From right back. Love him so much!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: August 12, 2018, 03:27:32 pm »
wished that free kick would have gone in.

not really tested. we seem to defend well in packs.

robbo having a more productive game today.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2267 on: August 12, 2018, 03:28:55 pm »
Crossing sucked today, but other than that didn't put a foot wrong :thumbup

He did a few times.
Lost some balls casually, got skinned a few times and overall had a so-so game.
But he contributed and kept playing and trying.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: August 12, 2018, 04:23:45 pm »
Still growing physically as well isn't he. Looks slightly taller, and is filling out.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2269 on: August 12, 2018, 04:46:00 pm »
Lovely pass to Keita to get him behind the West Ham midfield for our first.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: August 12, 2018, 04:48:41 pm »
still early for him considering how much he's played in pre-season, he'll be much better.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2271 on: August 12, 2018, 08:57:41 pm »
On an off day by his standards (he seemed to be pissed off with himself from early on), and an unlucky early yellow to hamper him, he still manages to play like one of our most dangerous players. Without a full preseason. From right back. Love him so much!

Lad has a high ceiling.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2272 on: August 12, 2018, 09:06:46 pm »
He wasn't brilliant yet he was decisive today. Crossing was off but he was instrumental in the first with the pass in to Keita, which shows why he's our number 1 RB. Also unlucky with his free-kick.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2273 on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:23 pm »
He wasn't brilliant yet he was decisive today. Crossing was off but he was instrumental in the first with the pass in to Keita, which shows why he's our number 1 RB. Also unlucky with his free-kick.

And that, is a matter of opinion.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:26 pm »
I can see him playing more at Anfield and Clyne playing more away from home, ala next week against Palace

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2275 on: August 12, 2018, 09:11:48 pm »
Yep. Move him to a position where his crossing won't be an asset anymore and his relative lack of physicality will be far more exposed. I don't get it either. His ceiling as a RB is limitless, I really don't think that's the case for him as a midfielder. It's almost like that old vibe of sticking your worst players at FB hasn't quite been killed yet.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2276 on: August 12, 2018, 09:20:39 pm »
I can see him playing more at Anfield and Clyne playing more away from home, ala next week against Palace

No, ta. No good reason for that, especially now he's got a competitive game through his legs after a short preseason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: August 12, 2018, 09:21:55 pm »
No, ta. No good reason for that, especially now he's got a competitive game through his legs after a short preseason

Klopp will want to give him proper time to get fully acclimated without the proper pre-season, in order to prevent any injuries and niggles.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: August 12, 2018, 09:25:15 pm »
Klopp will want to give him proper time to get fully acclimated without the proper pre-season, in order to prevent any injuries and niggles.

Yeah, in the eight days between the games. Like I said, no good reason not to start him again next week.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2279 on: August 12, 2018, 09:25:47 pm »
And that, is a matter of opinion.

Nah. He comes in after one full week when the other one has played for weeks before. He's first choice.