Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 348223 times)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #1920 on: March 16, 2012, 09:07:48 am »
Well we need Coates height against Stoke, don't want good old Jamie wrapping his arms around Walters again like he wants to take him doggystyle
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: March 16, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
Coates has played against these before, and did a good job bar the error for their goal. It was a cruel lesson but I'm sure it's helped stand him in good stead in the long run.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1922 on: March 16, 2012, 10:46:53 pm »
Agreed. With Agger being injury prone, we need a new partner for Skrtel who has been excellent this season.
Is this a joke? Agger has played most games this season!

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: March 17, 2012, 02:03:59 am »
Is this a joke? Agger has played most games this season!
He has, but he's still occasionally prone to picking up a knock. He seems to have overcome most of his injury problems over the past few months though which is obviously great for us.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #1924 on: March 17, 2012, 02:17:25 am »
Love Skrtel this season. Absolute beast.

Still love Agger more though. He's one of my all time favourites along with Gerrard, Lucas, Hyppia and Mcmanaman.
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: March 17, 2012, 02:27:06 am »
talking about coates, isn´t it better to create a Liverpool DEFENCE thread? :)

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1926 on: March 17, 2012, 03:02:28 am »
talking about coates, isn´t it better to create a Liverpool DEFENCE thread? :)

Not such a great idea as it'll just switch between the 'Carra is shite' and 'Kelly is better than Johnson' endless debates. We already do that in the Coates and Kelly threads. Let's have a thread where we talk about our two warriors at the back without bringing all that shite in.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: March 17, 2012, 03:35:31 am »
He has, but he's still occasionally prone to picking up a knock. He seems to have overcome most of his injury problems over the past few months though which is obviously great for us.

I don't think he's any more prone to picking up injuries than most other players. He does take a tremendously long time to recover from them though, which was why it was important to have someone who can come in for long periods at a time, and why Coates will get plenty of game time if we don't turn back to Carragher. If Agger is out at any time, assume he'll be unavailable for at least a month. But when he's recovered, assume he'll be available like any other player.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1928 on: March 17, 2012, 04:35:15 am »
Yeah its going to be Kompany and Smalling or Jones. Just to show their manc love. Infact I bet this is the team

Hart
Walker Smalling Kompany Evra (Just because hes a 'victim')
Silva  Modric   Parker   Bale
       Rooney Van persie

Kompany should be in there - he's been the best CB in the league (altho his injuries are starting to eat into that) but I can't see another CB who's been better than Skrtel this season.

If evra gets in there it's defo a fix cos even his own fans think he's had a poor season defensively and they should be looking to upgrade.

Hart and RVP are nailed on, I'd have to think about the others, some obvious names in there have been brilliant then under par, not so cut and dried. (btw I do realise these aren't your choices, but what you expect to happen)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline dazzler79

• Main Stander
  • In Rafa We Trust
« Reply #1929 on: March 17, 2012, 04:42:23 am »
Been better than Agger this season.

On the point about him not making the PFA Team, you're right. It'll be Evans and Kompany or something. But hey, he's been the best CB in the league near enough the entire season yet you hear nothing about it.

Playing alongside Agger for an extended number of games has brought out the best in Skrtel. Agger's calming influence definitely one of the reasons for his elevated confidence level and subsequent performances.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

Thank you so much once more and always remember - You'll Never Walk Alone

Rafa Benitez

Offline JayEvans

• Anny Roader
  • ☆☆☆☆☆
    • Keir Evans Clothing
« Reply #1930 on: March 17, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »
Is agger still injured?
SOS #10117

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #1931 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »
I think Coates for this one.

Carra to come on for Skrtel to give the guy a rest. :)

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1932 on: March 18, 2012, 05:56:00 pm »
Skrtel is a colossus impecable once again.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1933 on: March 18, 2012, 05:56:55 pm »
Skrtel is a colossus impecable once again.

our best player this season
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline beatboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2012, 06:18:56 pm »
our best player this season

of that there is no doubt

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1935 on: March 18, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »
The lad just keeps on performing. He's got to be the best defender in the league currently.

Offline iiqae

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1936 on: March 18, 2012, 08:12:08 pm »
i'll never understand why carra hoofs as much as he does because when he does pass it along the ground, he is capable of coming up with some brilliant stuff into the frontline. granted, not the friendliest passes to receive into feet, but very effective nonetheless.

was quite solid today. unfortunate that it is often overlooked or stipulated by our supporters, but i suppose it is to be expected at this point.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:15:27 pm by iiqae »

Offline Evans

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1937 on: March 18, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »
The lad just keeps on performing. He's got to be the best defender in the league currently.

Indeed. Never a bad game, just pure quality all the way.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: March 18, 2012, 08:23:42 pm »
Skrtel is in the form of his life, has been an absolute beast today, snuffed Stoke out so effectively today, and has been our most consistent performer all season.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #1939 on: March 18, 2012, 08:32:08 pm »
Have to admit, a couple of seasons ago I never thought he'd be able to become so good. Love him, he's an absolute beast now and has been incredible for us this season

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1940 on: March 18, 2012, 08:33:16 pm »
Skrtel for captain?

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: March 18, 2012, 08:34:51 pm »
Skrtel made so many key tackles today, and he always looks so assured in powerful whenever he makes his move. Truly an unbelievable defender, definitely my MOTM today.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #1942 on: March 18, 2012, 08:46:56 pm »
i'll never understand why carra hoofs as much as he does because when he does pass it along the ground, he is capable of coming up with some brilliant stuff into the frontline. granted, not the friendliest passes to receive into feet, but very effective nonetheless.

was quite solid today. unfortunate that it is often overlooked or stipulated by our supporters, but i suppose it is to be expected at this point.

In the pre-match 4-a-side games carra's close control and passing are good. It's a very british thing to do in belting the ball out.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1943 on: March 18, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »
There's been absolutely nothing wrong with Carra's last two performances.

But I still wouldnt pick him against QPR. That's a game that Coates needs to be playing.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #1944 on: March 18, 2012, 08:54:54 pm »

But I still wouldnt pick him against QPR. That's a game that Coates needs to be playing.
Exactly, there going down and it'll be good for Coates to get some minutes.

Offline TheVeg

• he might
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1945 on: March 21, 2012, 10:10:58 pm »
the sooner this partnership is back, the better

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:04 pm »
the sooner this partnership is back, the better

Since Agger is injured we are back to the way we defended at the beginning of the season.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline EmmaWatson

• Main Stander
« Reply #1947 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:37 pm »

Agreed.  Our defence has been disastrous since Agger went out of the back four and Carra fill in

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:09 pm »
Since Agger is injured we are back to the way we defended at the beginning of the season.

This is it. After one bad performance from defence it is because of Agger missing.

I expect some lads to come here in a while and demand that Skrtel is shit and should be sold. The lad could have 5 shockers in a row and still would be our most consistent plazer of the season by a mile.

And Jamie is playing very good since he is back.

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:00 pm »
we never missed alonso as much when agger played. even after we sold alonso, under rafa if danny was fit we did ok, unfortunately he was always injured and carragher played hoof ball all game. we need to replace the likes of JC and promote seb coates. skrtel, agger, coates, kelly should be our 4 CBs.

Offline TheVeg

• he might
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1950 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »
This is it. After one bad performance from defence it is because of Agger missing.

I expect some lads to come here in a while and demand that Skrtel is shit and should be sold. The lad could have 5 shockers in a row and still would be our most consistent plazer of the season by a mile.

if the defense was so good today, please explain how we managed to concede 3 goals in 15 minutes to a team that will be playing in the championship next season?

Offline Slinky

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1951 on: March 21, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »
When's Agger due back?

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: March 21, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »
Well Skrtel was due a mistake or two. He's been player of the season. It happens...
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: March 21, 2012, 10:28:54 pm »

If you cannot see the difference since Agger is injured than at least do yourself a favour and compare the outcome in terms of how many goals we conceided with and without Agger. You will be amazed.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
He just got caught out on the cross, it was played over him to the advantage side of Cisse.

For the 3rd he headed the ball well clear, it came back past him and Enrique slipped, wasn't Skrtel's fault.

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:37 pm »
tbf the cardiff 1st goal was as bad as anything ive seen this season and that was shocking defending from agger.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: March 21, 2012, 10:57:15 pm »
The second is just one of those where there's not really a whole lot you can do once the flight of the ball and the timing of the jump is just about perfect. The problem was no-one making much of an effort to stop the cross, something that's been a problem all season imo. The fullbacks are never in a rush to get tight in those situations, don't understand it. I know you don't want to sell yourself either, but at least get close enough to get a block in. Ask yourself how often we get the same time to put in crosses from out wide?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:57 am »
The second is just one of those where there's not really a whole lot you can do once the flight of the ball and the timing of the jump is just about perfect. The problem was no-one making much of an effort to stop the cross, something that's been a problem all season imo. The fullbacks are never in a rush to get tight in those situations, don't understand it. I know you don't want to sell yourself either, but at least get close enough to get a block in. Ask yourself how often we get the same time to put in crosses from out wide?

Skrtel didn't jump. He was in the right position, he just didn't jump. Mistake. The fullback didn't prevent the cross, because the fullback was Carragher and he was moving to centre back, his natural position. Coates actually spotted that and tried to cover right back, but too late.

Skrtel was (partly) at fault for the third, too. Was in a position to head the ball clear and ducked out of it - check Enrique's glance back at him asking "what the fuck?".

Still my player of the season, but two mistakes today.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: March 22, 2012, 12:02:56 am »
He just got caught out on the cross, it was played over him to the advantage side of Cisse.

For the 3rd he headed the ball well clear, it came back past him and Enrique slipped, wasn't Skrtel's fault.

Watch the replay, Skrtel actually starts going for the ball and ducks away from it.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:41 am »

Skrtel was (partly) at fault for the third, too. Was in a position to head the ball clear and ducked out of it - check Enrique's glance back at him asking "what the fuck?".

Enrique giving someone stick for ducking out of a header? HA! Bloody hilarious.

On the second goal, he takes a slight mistep just as the ball is delivered and is then back-peddling a bit and Cisse has timed it perfectly, no many centre-backs are getting to that one.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:11:28 am by Bob Loblaw »