Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Expecting a similar performance to the away game against Southampton at the end of last season. No-one's going to be risking injuries by throwing themselves into challenges.

I think the game will be wide open, end to end, and unfortunately our forwards are not going to get us anywhere near 4 goals this time.
It's going to be very interesting to see the influence of Michael  Edwards coming through. If he was the guy behind Salah Mane Robbo etc I feel we can still be confident in the future. Getting the right players in is huge in modern football. I don't know much about Slot but hopefully he just sticks to coaching and tactics. Agree about 7 hag and picking their own players, I prefer a overall Director deciding that. Red bull do a great job of that, have their model and stick to it regardless of whos the coach.
Whoever we got was going to be a gamble, Alonso included. We've had years of stability, a world class manager who built a world class team so there's always going to be a challenge to keep that going, just look at United and Arsenal for a clear example.

One thing is for sure, he won't succeed unless everyone unites behind him. So let's do that and see where it takes us!
It really is a unique situation. Generally a new manager comes in with the club in some sort of trouble with a vast amount of work required to get them competitive.

Despite thet collapse of the last month, we are already competitive, and maybe only 1-2 players from competing again. Yes, we may have to deal with a few senior players leaving but that's the same every year.

Does that mean we'll be winning next season? Who knows, there are going to be bumps whilst Slot gets to grips with the league but barring disaster we should still have a good season. Something like 17-18 would be good.
BBC News - PM's dementia adviser quits over benefits clawback policy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68885241

I'm guessing the chap that's quit is not a tory.
The Carers scandal has the potential to be the new post office issue. Why does the government always go after the little people, yet let the fuckers who robbed us of billions during CoVid just have it all written off.

The Tories are evil scum
https://x.com/attackingfooty/status/1783649226875977890?s=46&t=UlJCusrx49tkHnEgce0dHA

This is a staggering clip.

I have previously said how unprofessional they are. It’s rushed comms with people talking over one another.

Crazy they didn’t review the Doku challenge for this long.

It’s also shows when they’re choosing which frame the ball is ‘kicked’ that it’s impossible to be 100% accurate. Feels like the ball has travelled a fair bit between those two frames so by the same token the attacker and defender will have moved between those frames too. I actually think they picked the correct frame but it just shows that when you get a decision that’s ridiculously right like that Coventry offside you can’t categorically say whether it’s on or off.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Last post by Zlen on Today at 09:11:01 am »
To say Ibou is 'Pretty good' is very disingenuous in my opinion, until recently, he was regarded by many of being the best young centre back in Europe (justifiably in my opinion).

His fitness issues have been very frustrating and I think his very recent form has been poor, but how quickly we forget what he's like at his best (see Arsenal FA cup tie for reference). I think it's absolutely mental that people want him sold, he's a brilliant player and will only get better as he approaches his prime. Hopefully we can help him to solve his fitness issues.

I didn’t mean to make him seem worse than he is at his best. But when describing a player it is good to look at the whole picture.

And from what we have seen so far, no matter how high his peaks are, he does spent a lot of time both injured and out of form.

So yes, I would classify him under pretty good for our team, with undeniable fact of unreliability keeping him out of our top echelon of players.

Don’t think that is im any way controversial.
All went wrong when we stopped playing the kids in all honesty.
Wouldn't be surprised if there are 1st teamers thinking about their next move and don't want to get themselves injured.
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by DiggerJohn on Today at 09:09:16 am »
Go Mavs :wave
I rest my case
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10