Author Topic: Formula 1 2024 season  (Read 29315 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Reply #360 on: March 1, 2024, 04:42:26 pm »
Well, Mercedes have a boat again 🤬
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #361 on: March 1, 2024, 04:44:40 pm »
I'm guessing he is making his escape to Ferrari as we speak.  :D

May well be right there Jill
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #362 on: March 1, 2024, 04:56:26 pm »
Fuuuu give Lando some new softs already! Looks like he can challenge for top spot

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #363 on: March 1, 2024, 05:02:01 pm »
Verstappen fastest regardless but got a nice bit of slipstream from piastri.

It's all pretty similar to how we left it in december really.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #364 on: March 1, 2024, 05:02:20 pm »
Hello darkness my old friend.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #365 on: March 1, 2024, 05:02:34 pm »
That is a disappointing lap from Lando. But was a tenth between the teams until those last laps

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #366 on: March 1, 2024, 05:07:10 pm »
Why is the race tomorrow? Assumed there was a Sprint, although thought they’d switched Sprint qualifying to before race qualifying so completely confused
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #367 on: March 1, 2024, 05:08:01 pm »
Is this the first race? I thought they were still doing official tests!  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #368 on: March 1, 2024, 05:09:41 pm »
Why is the race tomorrow? Assumed there was a Sprint, although thought they’d switched Sprint qualifying to before race qualifying so completely confused
The Bahrain and Saudi Arabian races take place on a Saturday to accommodate the start of the Islamic holy month Ramadan from Sunday, 10 March.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #369 on: March 1, 2024, 05:10:53 pm »
The Bahrain and Saudi Arabian races take place on a Saturday to accommodate the start of the Islamic holy month Ramadan from Sunday, 10 March.
Ah ok fair enough. Didn’t even consider that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: March 2, 2024, 03:34:32 pm »
Flicked this on. See Max fucking miles ahead with Perez behind. Switched off.

Used go love formula 1. Gone to pieces these days

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #371 on: March 2, 2024, 03:46:46 pm »
Got the F1 and football on and not much happening in either 😟

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #372 on: March 2, 2024, 03:51:15 pm »
it's last season again. other than al peen getting shitter not much has really changed.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #373 on: March 2, 2024, 04:00:42 pm »
it's last season again. other than al peen getting shitter not much has really changed.
May as well call it now, instead of wasting your weekends watching this.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #374 on: March 2, 2024, 04:51:26 pm »
The other teams should be embarrassed by that. Third season of these regulations and they haven’t closed the gap.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #375 on: March 2, 2024, 05:58:36 pm »
Grim stuff, and at a race that’s not even been a particularly strong one for Red Bull. Pretty thankful that was on when the footy was so it wasn’t two hours wasted watching a procession after the first three corners.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #376 on: March 2, 2024, 06:06:53 pm »
Why was this on a Saturday?

Did the second email drop?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: March 2, 2024, 06:20:24 pm »
Its like putting Man City in the SPL

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #378 on: March 2, 2024, 07:08:32 pm »
Why was this on a Saturday?

To beat the start of Ramadan

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #379 on: March 2, 2024, 07:15:06 pm »
Team orders at RB in the first race of the season between Tsunoda and Ricciardo is a bit stupid. Tsunoda made to move over.

So much so there was afters on the slow down lap. Tsunoda cut up Ricciardo

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: March 2, 2024, 07:31:22 pm »
Phew. Still a great “sport”then.

Self absorbed spoilt c*nt in the fastest car wins again. Beating the other self absorbed c*nts in the slower cars.

Wow, never saw that coming.

Rather watch the queues of traffic on the Lancs when they shut a couple of lanes down for no reason. And at least then there’s no fucking whinger spice to contend with.

I’d honestly never get tired of punching him and Verstappen in the face. Would be a great way to spend a satdee afternoon.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: March 2, 2024, 07:42:03 pm »
Isn't that next week?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #382 on: March 2, 2024, 07:51:29 pm »
Isn't that next week?

the saudi race is on saturday because of it, which meant that putting the race on tomorrow wouldn't have given the usual 'rest' time between races so this one got moved too.

I think that was it anyway.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #383 on: March 2, 2024, 07:57:59 pm »
@wearetherace
Alpine technical director Matt Harman and head of aero Dirk de Beer are understood to have resigned, sources have confirmed to The Race. The team has declined to comment.

Their resignations were tendered before today and follow problems with the uncompetitive new Alpine. They continue to work for the team, although it’s unclear what their notice arrangements are.
Did Alpine just take the whole winter off? Like they just got back to the office last Monday and saw that they had a race Saturday instead of Sunday and stuff?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: March 2, 2024, 08:08:17 pm »
the saudi race is on saturday because of it, which meant that putting the race on tomorrow wouldn't have given the usual 'rest' time between races so this one got moved too.

I think that was it anyway.
Cheers for the info.  :wave

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #385 on: March 2, 2024, 08:15:06 pm »
Ah, of course! Thanks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #386 on: March 2, 2024, 08:31:53 pm »
@wearetherace
Alpine technical director Matt Harman and head of aero Dirk de Beer are understood to have resigned, sources have confirmed to The Race. The team has declined to comment.

Their resignations were tendered before today and follow problems with the uncompetitive new Alpine. They continue to work for the team, although it’s unclear what their notice arrangements are.
Did Alpine just take the whole winter off? Like they just got back to the office last Monday and saw that they had a race Saturday instead of Sunday and stuff?

fuck knows what's been going on in that team.

I know they made some big changes last season, and this car would have been in the design etc phase then. is this why? did someone see it was going to be a pile of utter shite?

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #387 on: March 2, 2024, 08:39:11 pm »
Won't be watching the races this season. Things have just become so fucking boring. The rich teams continue to reap the biggest rewards whilst the up coming teams are penalised because they can't win enough points and therefore receive less money . (how does that work, ffs) The whole circus selling itself to the Saudis, not just them, it must be said, makes my blood boil. Lots may disagree with my stand point but that's life.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #388 on: March 2, 2024, 11:47:19 pm »
Jos Verstappen has called on Horner to resign. Big escalation.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: March 2, 2024, 11:55:46 pm »
Ooooh. Bit rich coming from him though.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 3, 2024, 10:15:57 pm »
Cars should be alot closer than this in terms of performance. First race looked like a snooze fest other than the Ferrari v Mercedes scrap. I know Newey is genius and Red Bull have a monster of a car. Is it really impossible for other teams to get up to speed?. I just want to see a fight for a year atleast. I watched f1 since I was a kid but it's getting duller. I heard not even one car retired or had a tangle apart from the start.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #391 on: March 4, 2024, 08:58:53 am »
So Jos Verstappen just so happened to be pictured talking to Toto Wolff in the paddock after the race.

Then Wolff was asked about Verstappen joining Mercedes and said “Anything is possible.”

Now it's pretty obvious that Wolff is being played like a fiddle by the Verstappen's, and he probbaly knows he is, but it's interesting the lengths they're going to to try and get Horner out of Red Bull. 

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: March 4, 2024, 09:06:14 am »
What are the Verstappen's motives here? As much as a bellend as Horner is, he's led Red Bull through two periods of absolute dominance, and if it hadn't have been for Honda's very poor early showings as an engine supplier then Mercedes wouldn't have had as much of that middle success that they did. What do they gain from forcing Red Bull's hand? I mean, it can't a supportive stance for the employee can it? Jos has been known to give his partners a battering or two so it's not that. Does Horner limit their control in the team and they want more power? Might backfire if Horner goes and Newey follows him.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 4, 2024, 09:56:33 am »
What are the Verstappen's motives here? As much as a bellend as Horner is, he's led Red Bull through two periods of absolute dominance, and if it hadn't have been for Honda's very poor early showings as an engine supplier then Mercedes wouldn't have had as much of that middle success that they did. What do they gain from forcing Red Bull's hand? I mean, it can't a supportive stance for the employee can it? Jos has been known to give his partners a battering or two so it's not that. Does Horner limit their control in the team and they want more power? Might backfire if Horner goes and Newey follows him.

Jos showing Red Bull Max can leave if they don't do what he wants.

Toto showing people Mercedes are still a serious team which many are now doubting.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #394 on: March 4, 2024, 10:02:00 am »
well that was a snoozefest
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #395 on: March 4, 2024, 10:03:04 am »
well that was a snoozefest

Yup. Very boring. They almost came in 2 by 2
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: March 4, 2024, 10:03:38 am »

Yeah I fully get that, but my question is what are their motives to remove Horner? One of the most successful Team Principles ever in the sport so why do they want him removed? Yes he's a prick, but he can clearly build a hugely successful team so if you want to remain in the best car on the grid you'd want to keep the team that's behind it. I'm trying to fathom what Max/Jos gain from removing Horner from his post?

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 4, 2024, 10:03:40 am »

Toto showing people Mercedes are still a serious team which many are now doubting.

What does he want though? Just to get rid of Horner?

Are they beefing that much or did Jos prefer Girls Aloud?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #398 on: March 4, 2024, 10:03:43 am »
Would be interesting to see what the viewership is like if this keeps up.  I only watched a couple of races last season and I didn't bother with this one because of Liverpool, but I don't think I would've watched it had it been on a Sunday anyway.  At least back in the day there was competition between drivers in a dominant team, but that's just not a thing with Red Bull.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #399 on: March 4, 2024, 10:04:09 am »
Maybe they genuinly dislike Horner, which isn't hard to believe.

But yeah, it's a weird power struggle.