Author Topic: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.  (Read 180488 times)

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2007, 07:53:48 pm »
Check out NME.COM on Sept 24 for the latest Gallagher news

Oasis are set to make a major announcement next week, and NME.COM will have the information first.

The latest info on the band will be live on our site from 10am on Monday, September 24.

All you have to do to find out what's going on is be back here at the start of next week.

In the meantime check out all the information about the band's forthcoming DVD release of
tour documentary 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down', released on October 29.

Wouldnt get too excited.  Apparently its just this:

Oasis to open Virtual World online space

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oasis Virtual World on Second Life

Well you can wait for the mainstream press to tell you all about it on Monday or you can read it right here on L4E and at Stopcryingyourheartout.com

Press Dispensary - UK rock band Oasis is opening its official online space in the virtual world Second Life (SL) this Monday, September 24, and is kicking off with a preview of its latest release, a feature-length-plus, limited edition double DVD entitled ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’. The facility – built for Oasis in Second Life’s ‘New Horizon’ business park – is a joint venture between SL developer New Business Horizons (NBH – http://www.nbhorizons.com ) and SL media producer Phoenix Film & Television (http://www.phoenixmedia.co.uk ).

From Monday, visitors can watch the DVD’s trailer as they browse around the space, pick up free goodies such as a virtual t-shirt and coffee table book, have a look at stills from the production and pre-order the double DVD itself for real world delivery by Amazon. The real world release of ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ is scheduled for October 29, 2007 by Big Brother Recordings in the UK and Big Brother Recordings/Universal internationally.

Shown at a handful of screenings during 2006, ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ is a feature-length, full-on ‘definitive’ documentary in which film-maker Baillie Walsh follows the Gallagher brothers on a year-long world tour of 26 different countries, playing to more than two million people. For the DVD release, the feature also offers the option of voice-overs from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City and outtakes from the film. The limited edition version contains a second disc with a 90 minute live DVD capturing the band’s homecoming show at the City of Manchester Stadium in July 2005, together with footage sent in by fans.

The trailer for the product – which gives a fascinating insight into Oasis experiencing the ups and downs of the road, and what they make of their lives – is being shown only in Second Life and on MySpace.

Alan Haymes (SL avatar: Doctor Hickman) of NBH explains: “The Oasis space mirrors everything you’d expect in the real world, but with the added advantage that it’s accessible to visitors from all over Second Life at the touch of a simple teleport button.”

Emma Fulford of Universal Music adds: “Oasis fans can be found in all corners of the ‘real’ world and we wanted to make sure that their Second Life counterparts also enjoy what promises to be one of the decade’s greatest rock documentaries and live concerts.”

The Oasis SL store can be found at SLURL Blue Horizon/81/153/26

http://www.live4ever.us/newsroom.html

"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2007, 07:56:39 pm »
Although apparently there is a 4Music Oasis Video special on Channel 4 at 11pm on the 4th of October so its possible also that Lord Dont Slow Me Down will be released as a single as well in the lead up to the DVD release.

Hope so- love the song and it'll mean another couple of B-sides.
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2007, 08:06:07 pm »
one of the best film  scenes  i have ever watched is one featuring this  band

fucking class

Oasis - Fucking in the Bushes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQTuxBwLB50

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 04:45:24 am »
fantastic version of rock n roll star (recent too!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vnvii7TToxE
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2007, 10:17:29 am »
couple of bits of news today....none of which are very exciting

Oasis will release their first ever digital only single on 21st October, when 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down' becomes available to download. The track, and accompanying video is taken from the eagerly anticipated DVD of the same name, which follows the band on their colossal world tour of 2005/6.

In order to pre order the track or exclusive digital bundle (and receive instantly The Meaning Of Soul Live) available only on Oasisinet.com. Click the links below.

Pre Order The Bundle OR Pre Order Track
To Pre Order by Text, Text LDSMD to 78789

The digital bundle includes: Lord Don't Slow Me Down, The Meaning Of Soul (Live @ City of Manchester Stadium) & Don't Look Back In Anger (Live @ City of Manchester Stadium).

Oasis star becomes a dad

Noel Gallagher celebrates the birth of his second child
22.Sep.07 4:36pm
Oasis leader Noel Gallagher has become a father after his partner Sara MacDonald gave birth to a baby boy this morning (September 22).

The 7lb 5oz baby has been named Donovan Rory MacDonald Gallagher by the couple, according to The Sun.

The guitarist's new son will now celebrate his birthday just a day after his uncle and Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher whose birthday is September 21.

It is the couple's first child but Gallagher's second after his ex-wife Meg Mathews gave birth to his seven-year-old daughter Anais in 2000.

Gallagher split from Mathews in 2000 after a three-year marriage before they divorced in January 2001.

The Oasis leader and his current partner have been together for seven years.

Meanwhile NME.COM will have a second major Oasis announcement online from 10am on Monday, September 24.

To find out what it is simply keep checking the site.

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2007, 11:57:12 am »
Just downloaded 'Lord don't slow me down' off limewire this morning
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007, 01:29:51 pm »
the song or the film??

if its the film then its probably the hour long special preview shown on channel 4 a while ago.

if its the song then...dance around yer room doin air guitar

'da-dung dung dudda da-du dung dung du daada daada'

:P
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 01:31:38 pm by Live4pool »

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2007, 02:02:23 pm »
Noel Gallagher: 'Somewhat predictably our new single is brilliant'

Oasis leader speaks about 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down'
1 hour ago
Noel Gallagher has spoken following news that Oasis will be releasing a brand new single in October.

NME.COM has full details of 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down's release online now.

Appearing this morning (September 24) on Radio 1 with DJ Chris Moyles, the guitarist spoke about the new release, quipping that "it's coming out on that internet".

Sharing the band's inspiration for the online release, he explained: "You know there's a DVD coming out for Christmas... somewhat predictably. The title track was so brilliant that the powers that be said 'lets just put it out'. And I'm like, 'well we're not ready to do that yet'. So, it was decided it would be a nice thing to put it out for those people who have computers."

Joking about his lack of technological prowess, he stated: "I'm not one of those people, so it's a good job I get my own copy of it, because I wouldn't get it otherwise. I've got an iPod, but Gem sorts all that out for me. That's filth, y'know?"

Meanwhile the Oasis leader also spoke about the birth of his second child, a son, at the weekend (September 22).

After Moyles congratulated him, Gallagher joked: "What? for being third in the league?" - referring to the impressive start to the season his football team Manchester City have made - before explaining he was there for the birth.

"I was there," he explained. "It was alright for me, my missus was giving me a bit of stick afterwards, saying, 'you never took your jacket off all the way through!' I was just in my leather jacket, nodding 'you'll be alright, just get it out before Soccer AM finishes'. I think the worst thing is that you don't have any specific role [as a father at the birth]. You just stand there and nod."

He added that he had named the boy Donovan Rory Gallagher after "his granddad Rory".

Gallagher added: "He's called Donovan. Sounds like a man who means business already."

For more exclusive information on Oasis' single release get this week's issue of NME, on newsstands from September 26

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2007, 09:16:07 pm »
I think noel gallagher's deejaying on radio one right now... only just tuned in but it sounds like him
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #89 on: October 6, 2007, 03:31:35 pm »
« Last Edit: October 6, 2007, 03:45:18 pm by djibril »

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2007, 11:59:41 am »
Oasis are class. I had about 40 odd of there songs on my computer but ive deleted them all off now, gutted :(. Dont Look Back In Anger is there best song to date.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2007, 12:02:29 pm »
Oasis are class. I had about 40 odd of there songs on my computer but ive deleted them all off now, gutted :(. Dont Look Back In Anger is there best song to date.

I read somewhere that Noel and Liam always argue about that song because at the time Noel said he wanted to sing either wonderwall or don't look back in anger so he let Liam choose and Liam choose wonderwall and he regrets making that choice ever since because he reckons dont look back in anger is better  :D

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2007, 12:07:24 pm »
I read somewhere that Noel and Liam always argue about that song because at the time Noel said he wanted to sing either wonderwall or don't look back in anger so he let Liam choose and Liam choose wonderwall and he regrets making that choice ever since because he reckons dont look back in anger is better  :D
:D they are class Oasis, there attitude and everythin else is funny as fuck.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2007, 01:42:04 pm »
Oasis to Start Recording New Album

The band record at Abbey Road studios
29 Oct 10 - Noel Gallagher says his songs on the next Oasis album will be inspired by acid trips from the past.

He's been talking to 6 Music about progress on their next record. The band are heading back to Abbey Road studios on 05 November to get stuck in to album number seven:

"We done a few tracks in Abbey Road about - seems like an age ago now - about six weeks ago. And then we've taken six weeks off for me to get acquainted with my new son: the future of British music.

"And then we start back in Abbey Road a week on Monday, (05 Nov) if anyone's interested, and then we'll proabbly work through a couple of months there, have Christmas off, then go and mix it and see where we're at."

And Noel told us the album has already developed its own feel:

"I've been re-visiting some of my more psychedelic trips"
Noel Gallagher

"Funnily enough, we all write seperately, but for some reason all the songs sound like they've got a common thread."

"We've been focusing round the grooves more this time, the last album was quite 'songy,' if that makes any sense, I don't know.

"But it was quite 'songy:' Importance of Being Idle, Let There Be Love - it was quite a British, retro, 60s sounding album. This is kinda focusing round the grooves more.

"Saying that, we've only done two tracks but all the demos that we've done are great."

And he revealed his lyrical inspiration, which seems to have been hard to find:

"I've literally got nothing left to write about: I've wrote about being a youth, and I've wrote about being a rock star, and I've wrote about living life in the big city.

"I've been re-visiting some of my more psychedelic trips of a younger man, because I remember them all you see...putting them to music."

http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/32155

Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2007, 04:46:46 pm »
Not read the whole of this thread but has anyone heard the epic 10minute Setting Sun/Fade in-out acoustic performance by Noel.

Was done in the late 90's i think.

Immense.

Looking forward to hearing some new material.

Offline Born-Red

• following a messy delivery
  • Kopite
  • Yanks Out!
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »
Good news about the new album, anyone got the new DVD yet?
They don't care about Rafa,
They don't care about fans,
Liverpool football club is in the wrong hands!

His armband proved he was a red....

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2007, 08:19:07 pm »
Not read the whole of this thread but has anyone heard the epic 10minute Setting Sun/Fade in-out acoustic performance by Noel.

Was done in the late 90's i think.

Immense.

This one?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERA3C7HH

Got the DVD today - havent had a chance to watch it yet.  Off tomorrow though so will sit through it then

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2007, 10:08:57 am »
gettin it today myself, apparrently the audio commentary from the band is hilarious ;D

Offline jordan

• Main Stander
  • And could he play......
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2007, 01:08:51 pm »
I heard Noel and Gem live in Paris the other night on MTV, does anyone know where I can find this on the web for download?

:wave

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:58 pm »
I heard Noel and Gem live in Paris the other night on MTV, does anyone know where I can find this on the web for download?

http://www.noelandgemliveinParistheothernightonMTV.com/

Lots of other good stuff on that site too .

Offline jordan

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2007, 01:26:53 pm »

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2007, 02:01:28 pm »

I think you can get it on msn

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2007, 02:02:14 pm »

Offline jordan

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:32 pm »
I actually want it MP3 to put on my iPod, but I reckon if I google it I can find a way to convert it!!

Cheers mate, top man  :)

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2007, 02:18:09 pm »
I actually want it MP3 to put on my iPod, but I reckon if I google it I can find a way to convert it!!

Cheers mate, top man  :)

Sorry, thought you wanted the vids.

Here try this for the audio:

http://rapidshare.com/files/52798636/2006.11.28_Paris__Jpn_TV___audio_.rar.html

Offline jordan

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2007, 02:35:18 pm »
Sorry, thought you wanted the vids.

Here try this for the audio:

http://rapidshare.com/files/52798636/2006.11.28_Paris__Jpn_TV___audio_.rar.html

Just downloaded it, perfect just what I was after!

Cheers lad  :wave

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 1, 2007, 10:21:13 am »

watched the DVD last night. very good, the audio commentary with the band is funny as fuck as is the Q & A session with Noel.

hoonin

« Reply #108 on: November 1, 2007, 12:03:50 pm »
The Lord Dont Slow Me Down tour documentary is out on October 29th as a double DVD with one of the City of Manchester gigs.  Theyve started recording a new album this month at Abbey Road studios, due for release in 2008

Quality.

Heathen Chemistry was ok compared to the two that preceded it, but Dont Believe the Truth was a welcome return to their poptastic best.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 1, 2007, 06:24:13 pm »
I can't decide if Lord Don't Slow Me Down sounds like Lyla, Turn Up The Sun, Mollys Chambers by the Kings of Leon, or all three. Either way it sounds fairly generic and I'm not too sure if I like it or not.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 2, 2007, 11:36:52 am »
its actually only a demo from the album they were making with Death in vegas that was eventually completley scrapped before they made Don't Believe the Truth. think they just released it to go with the DVD seein its the same name n whatnot.

you can sorta tell it was written withthe intention to have Liam singin it
« Last Edit: November 2, 2007, 11:38:46 am by Live4pool »

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2007, 01:54:31 pm »
some news on the new album:

Interview with Liam

I've been swearing like a sailor ever since our chat. His management patched me through to Liam at 10 a.m. PST on Tuesday, Nov. 13, for an interview to talk about the new Oasis DVD, Lord Don't Slow Me Down. It was supposed to be much earlier, but I balked because it takes a lot to get me out of bed. (I xx'ed the 130-odd naughty words, not because I'm churlish, but because they might be blocked by some people's browsers.)

HOW HAS YOUR OPINION OF THE DVD CHANGED SINCE YOU FIRST SAW IT?

It's not changed one bit, man.

SO WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

It's all right. It's just us on the road, man, doing our thing ... It captured most bits, but there are certain bits you can't be putting on there. And there are certain bits I wouldn't want on there because I've got f--kin' kids that go to school and stuff. But yeah, man, I thought it was all right for a bunch of 35-year-olds. It was certainly never gonna be like f--kin' Guns N' Roses or anything like that. Shit like being lunatics. I've kinda calmed down a bit. I've got more important things to be doing. It beats the shit out of f--kin' Radiohead and anything they've ever put out. We're just having a laugh and a giggle, do you Know what I mean? And doing some tunes, man.

IT'S GOOD TO HAVE THAT DOCUMENT

Yeah, I like it. I've seen it, like, twice. I'm not sitting analyzing it. It's done. Over.

SOME STUFF WAS TAKEN OUT?

No, just things that were never allowed, really: You're not coming here, and filming that, man.

WHAT SORT OF THINGS?

I'm not gonna tell you. You have to use your imagination, won't ya? Just things.

SURE. GUY THINGS, THAT'S FINE

Yeah. F--kin' hell, me knitting!

WHAT ABOUT THAT SCENE WHERE YOU'RE DANCING ALONE?

I was just winding the c--ts up, man. They make out I do a f--kin' dance every night before I go on. I don't dance. I was just f--kin' about.

WHERE WILL THIS RANK INTHE PANTHEON OF ROCK TOUR DOCUMENTARIES

I really don't know. I don't really care. We didn't go into it for that, to get up a ladder or be put in a f--kin' category. I really don't care. I don't know why we did it, and I don't know whether we should have done it, or whether it's any good or not. I don't mind it. I like the way it's shot. It shows us not miserable, or whatever. I'm arsed if it comes in at No. 100 or No. f--kin' 10. I don't care. I'm not bothered.

PEOPLE MIGHT WONDER IF THIS IS REALLY AN ACCURATE DEPICTION OF AN OASIS TOUR. THEY'VE HEARD OF ALL THE HIJINKS-

-The music, we're doing plenty of f--kin' gigs, for a start, we're playing sold-out gigs. That's accurate. I'm there, we're there. That's accurate, to me. Whatever went on there was pretty much the real deal. In fact, it was the real deal. Every time there's a camera on me, it's real. We don't f--k around. We don't lie or fake it. If anything, we had to kinda chill it a bit, for our personal reasons. If they wanted a f--kin' mentalist (?) then they're about 10 years too late. And I'm not gonna fake it. If people don't get what we are now, they never will.

I GUESS PEOPLE DO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH THE BAND-
-Well, they know what we're like, and that's been well-documented on numerous occasions. If they don't get it, they don't f--kin' get it. I'm not a filmmaker. I don't give a f--k. I'm more interested in making music.

THAT'S WHY I WAS BIT SURPRISED THAT YOU DID THE DVD
We just wanted someone to follow us around because we hadn't done it before. That was it, really. We didn't sit there and f--kin' rehearse ... It's just the way it is.

SO NICOLE WASN'T VERY HAPPY WHEN YOUR TONGUE DROPPED TO THE FLOOR WHEN THE GIRLS ALOUD GIRLS CAME IN?
Did it drop to the floor?

WELL YOU KINDA RUSHED OVER TO THEM AT GREAT SPEED
Nah, nah. I heard noises, man. I don't rush around for no f--kin' one. I don't rush over. I sorta swaggered over, like I always do. I was wanting to know what was going on, why they were in my room.

YEAH, IT LOOKED LIKE A RANDOM BUMP-INTO

I rang 'em up, actually, and told 'em to come down. Because the filming was going really boring.

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CHARLOTTE CHURCH. DID SHE SIGN OFF ON HER FOOTAGE BEING USED?

I don't know, man. I really don't know much about this documentary. I know it was done, and it's been put out, I don't know the ins and outs. I can't give a f--k whether she was on it or not, to tell you the truth. She was there, we had a laugh.

YOU WERE VERY NICE TO HER. SHE WAS BORDERING ON OBNOXIOUS

Yeah, I think ... I don't know why she ... I don't care. Who cares? I don't care.

THAT WAS AN INTERESTING SCENE AT THE RESTAURANT IN JAPAN WHERE YOU'RE ARGUING WITH NOEL

It was all to do with the NME thing. These f--kers, we're on their cover once a f--kin' month. And then they f--kin' review your song and they slag it off. And it's, What are you putting us on your cover for? If you don't like us and you don't like what we f--kin' stand for, f--k yourself. And Noel was f--kin', Oh we're doing the cover. Another f--kin' cover for the NME? Have you read the reviews that they give your f--kin' songs? They're always slagging them off, so why are you on the f--kin' cover all the time? It was that kind of thing. I still stand to this day: they ain't getting no cover off me for a long, long f--kin' time. If people don't like our music, I'm not going on your f--kin' cover. See you later. There's other magazines. It's not like, You better give me a f--kin' good review until I go on your magazine. I'm on that f--kin' cover once a month. You can f--kin' suck my cock. I'm arsed if I'm on it, or not. But if I'm gonna be on it, you'd better be f--kin' nice about my music, or just both go our f--kin' separate ways, full-stop. And that was it, basically.

I GUESS THE ISSUE WAS THAT YOU SAID, "HAVE SOME F--KIN' RESPECT FOR THE BAND"-

-Exactly, exactly. That's what I mean. If someone turned around to me and said would you go on the f--kin' NME cover, I'd tell 'em to f--k right off, man, because I read the f--kin' review of half of our f--kin' records, and it's just like, What's the f--kin' point? You don't dig us, we don't dig you. F--k you, you're not gonna make loads of money out of me. But Our Kid seems to think we need to be on the f--kin' cover of NME to get anywhere. I don't need to be on no cover of no f--kin' magazine to get anywhere these days. We f--kin' make a record, we put it out, we f--kin' sell the tours, and that's where we've gotta be good is when we're playing live, or the music's gotta be good. I don't read their reviews, so f--k 'em. That was my point.

SO YOU SEE YOURSELF AS THE MOST PROTECTIVE MEMBER OF THE BAND, IN TERMS OF PRESERVING ITS LEGACY?

I can be. I know when the wool's getting pulled over our eyes. People think I'm away with the f--kin' fairies half the time, but not at all. I know when someone's f--kin' having a pop.

THAT'S A COOL COVER TO HAVE: PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE CRAZY, BUT THE REALITY IS THAT YOU FULLY AWARE-

-I tell you what. When someone f--kin' rubs your ego all the f--kin' time, that's the worst f--kin' sleepy world (?) to be in. That's the sleepiest world (??) to be in. Everyone's going, "You're f--kin' great! You're great!" I'd rather be out on my f--kin' arse than be in that world.

YOU DON'T SEE MUCH OF THAT IN THE DOCUMENTARY

Yeah, well it kinda got swerved, didn't it?

AS THE SOLE FOUNDING MEMBER, I GUESS YOU'RE THE ONE MOST INTERESTED IN PRESERVING ITS INTEGRITY?

Well yeah, I'd say. Yeah. Go on. Why not, eh?

I'LL STOKE YOUR EGO! WHY NOT?

I'm falling asleep, already.

I JUST GOT UP, MYSELF! SO ERGO YOU'D BE THE LEAST LIKELY TO DO A SOLO ALBUM

No, no. That doesn't interest me one bit. The minute you start doing things like that, man, it's just Clapton-esque, innit? Music is to preserve me. It keeps me as young as I can. The minute you start sitting on f--kin' stools, to me, you're in that f--kin old-man f--kin' brigade. You know what I mean? It's not for me, man. I need to be standing up when I'm f--kin' singing, not sitting down. And I don't appreciate people f--kin' sitting down watching me either. You f--kin' pay attention and stand up. I'm f--kin' standing up, so you f--kin' stand up. I'm not into all that sitting down and keeping it ... Our kid's obviously into it, but not me, man. Nah! Ugh!

SO HOW ARE SESSIONS GOING ON THE NEW RECORD?

We're fine, man. Doin' really well, man. Really good.

ARE YOU IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING SONGS?

All the songs are wrote, man. We don't f--k about, man. We don't do that sh-t, paying 1,500 pound a day for the studio to f--kin' write songs? Nah, we're not U2, and we're not Metallica either. We've got our sh-t sorted, man. We've just gotta come in, pick the song, f--kin' amplify it, electrify it and see whether it sits with the one that we've just before or not. Because this record's gonna be f--kin' rockin'. There's no acoustic on it, man.

HOW MANY SONGS DID EACH OF YOU BRING INTO THE STUDIO?

Well, we rehearsed about 10 tunes before coming in. Three are mine. Some are Noel's, some are Gem's, some are Andy's. We're there for a long time, so we just keep pickin' em off the tree, man. Some are sounding really f--king heavy, and then we're picking some out, and you go, 'Well that doesn't sit with that, right.' So we just keep moving about. We've got plenty of songs. We're not gonna go bored. We've got six weeks there, seven weeks. We'll have it done by then, without a doubt.

WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF YOUR SONGS?

Not telling ya.

IS THERE A THEME TO THE SONGS?

They're just basically just, F--kin', let's have it, you c--ts.

WHO ARE THE C--TS?

The people who've got their back turned to me, man.

WHO'S PRODUCING IT?

Dave Sardy. Yeah, no, it's going good, man. It's really good, man. We're really excited about it.

WHEN DO YOU THINK IT WILL BE FINISHED?

It'll be done by Christmas. We've got six weeks there. It'll be done by the 15th of December, if everything goes well. Then we'll have Christmas off, and we'll go to L.A., mix it and maybe do a bit more over there. But not too much.

WHEN WOULD YOU HOPE TO HAVE IT IN STORES?

August, maybe, next year.

YOU'RE NOT ON EPIC/CREATION ANYMORE?

We're the biggest band in the world, unsigned, man. I kinda like it like that.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'LL DO?

Don't know, mate. I leave that up to the manager, man.

DO YOU THINK YOU'LL DO THAT RADIOHEAD THING, PUT IT ON THE WEB AND LET PEOPLE PAY WHAT THEY WANT FOR IT?!

Nah, over my f--kin' dead body, mate. You're getting your f--kin' money for me, man. Do you think I'm coming here (into the studio), f--kin' graftin' my balls off, paying out my own f--kin' money, for some little f--kin' student to get it for nothing? I can't see the sense in that. And then slagging it off. F--k that, mate. You're getting your f--kin' wedge (money) out. And then you can f--kin' say what you want about it. As long as I have whatever it f--kin' costs to f--kin' pay for CDs today, then you say what you want, you can do what you want with it, you can stick it up your arse, your mam's arse, your f--kin' granddad's arse. I'll have had the wedge off you, so f--k you.

THIS IS YOUR SEVENTH ALBUM. THE BEATLES' SEVENTH (U.K.) ALBUM WAS "REVOLVER" AND THE STONES' WAS "BEGGARS BANQUET." DO YOU THINK YOU'RE UP TO THAT LEVEL?

Oh yeah. Without a doubt. This has got lots of things going on, man. It's a f--kin' great, cool f--kin' sound. It's sounding cool already. There's lots going on. It's not your normal straight trashed-out f--kin' Oasis songs. There's lots of cool parts, man. Really, we're throwing everything at it. It's gonna be cool, man.

WOULD IT BE FAIR TO SAY THAT YOU'VE BEEN TREADING WATER A BIT WITH YOUR LAST FEW ALBUMS?

We're still learning how to f--kin' plug the thing in. I think the songs have always been cool. We're sorta still getting the grasp of the studio, because we spend so much f--kin' time out of it. We're always on the road. Maybe. You could say that. You could say that. You can say what you want. You could say that. I've always thought we've made decent records. Sometimes we've got it right, and sometimes we haven't got it right. But that's life, you know what I mean? Without a doubt, we've always f--kin' tried our best, man. We've never gone into it halfheartedly. We're getting better, man, all the time. That's all I can say, man.

BOB DYLAN RECENTLY SAID THERE'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT HE HEARS IN THE STUDIO COMPARED TO WHAT HE HEARS ON THE CD. YOU JUST LOSE SO MUCH, NO MATTER WHO THE PRODUCER IS, NO MATTER WHAT SORT OF RECORDING EQUIPMENT YOU'VE GOT.

Yeah, well. A lot of our demos sound f--kin' great. We should have put them out half of the time because it's the first couple of takes. It just depends, mate. If you dick around with a record, you're gonna lose it. If you just f--kin' take it easy and just bang it out. Don't wrap it up in cotton wool, just bang it out and let's f--kin' go, man, you know what I mean? Hopefully that's what we'll try to do with this one. The last one, we did dick about with it, a lot. We recorded it f--kin' a hundred times. Hopefully our kid's learned his lesson, and we can just get in and f--kin' belt it out. It shouldn't be hard making music. we've been doing it long enough.

WHAT'S THE VIBE LIKE BETWEEN THE BROTHERS?

Yeah, cool, man. We don't really speak that much. We just do what we do, you know what I mean?

YOU'RE PROBABLY THERE AT DIFFERENT TIMES?

No. I'm in all the time. Last week we were laying the tracks down, so I was in there every day. Today, yesterday, I was singing. So I'm sorta just easing into it with the voice. I've not sang for a couple of months. I'm just doing it easy, man. It's going good, man.

IT'S BEEN A QUIET YEAR FOR YOU GUYS. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?
I've been sitting about with the kids, man, focusing on my children, just having a laugh, getting all that time, a lot of important time with my family before I hit the road, and do this album.

DO YOU FORESEE YOUSELF HITTING THE ROAD FOR ANOTHER 18-MONTH WORLD TOUR?

Yeah, man. Why not, eh? Wherever they want us, I'll f--kin' play it, man. I've got no problem with doing long tours. Wherever, they'll 'ave us.

AFTER WATCHING THE DVD, I WANT TO COME WITH YOU AND PLAY BOARD GAMES
You won't be winning that board game, mate.

I CAN CHEAT, THAT'S OK. NOEL DOES COMMENT ON THE DVD THAT HE'S SICK OF THE TOURING GRIND.

Well, listen, that man changes his f--kin' mind every f--kin' day, so who knows, you know what I mean? That's fair. If that's what he don't want to do, then fine. But I think he'll be doing it. He's just full of sh-t, innee? He's starting to sound like Thom Yorke, already. Ugh!

DO YOU THINK YOU GUYS COULD BECOME MORE OF A TOURING BAND THAN A RECORDING BAND?

No, I think we'll equally balance it out beautifully, you know what I mean? You've got to make new music, or there's no point going on the f--kin' road. I couldn't go on the road in six months' time and just play all them songs that we've got. I want to f--kin' bring new ones to the table, man. If that's the way it is, then I'd blow me head off, mate. I couldn't do that. I couldn't just f--kin' go out and play on your back catalog. You've got to have new songs. That's what we do, man.

THAT'S WHY YOU SEEMED UNENTHUSIASTIC ON THE SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR LAST YEAR BECAUSE THE NEW RECORD WAS PRETTY OLD BY THEN?

I can't remember, man. I don't know, man. At the end of every tour, you're always a bit f--ked, you know what I mean? You can come across a bit 'ready to go home' I suppose, you know what I mean?

WILL THE SONG "LORD DON'T SLOW ME DOWN" BE ON THE NEW RECORD?

Not sure, man. I hope so. We'll see. We don't know, man. There's lots of tunes to pick from.

IN THE DVD, YOU'RE ON THE WAR PATH AGAINST BLOC PARTY AND FRANZ FERDINAND-

-To me, it's not British rock 'n' roll music. It's just f--kin' indie, f--kin' nonsense. But they may not like us. I'm sure they don't. So each to their f--kin' own. I don't want anything bad to happen. I'm not f--kin' wishing them f--kin' death, or anything. But I'm not interested in talking about them. It's just like whatever.

IT SEEMS TO BE EASIER THESE DAYS FOR BRITISH ACTS TO BREAK THROUGH IN AMERICA. DO YOU THINK YOU HELPED MAKE THAT POSSIBLE?

We didn't f--kin' break it there. We don't sell any records. All we do is just go there and tour. We do nice tours there, and I'm enjoying it more as we get older. But I wouldn't say if that's the f--kin' case. We didn't really happen there. Can't have it all.

IT'S NOT THAT YOU DIDN'T HAPPEN. PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Yeah, fair play to them if that's what it is. But I'd rather go there and behave the way we do, and write the music we do, than write f--kin' sh-t like James Blunt. And have a f--kin' No. 1 or be big or whatever the sh-t Coldplay or whoever we were talking about. But yeah, man, fair play to them. I'll never change the way we do it. Did it.

IT SEEMS YOU'RE COMFORTABLE IN AMERICA AND AMERICANS ARE COMFORTABLE WITH YOU?

I like it. The more I go there, the last tour we did there was amazing. I really like it. I've calmed down a bit, so maybe I'm just not going f--kin' looking for it. I was looking for just parties every f--kin' night when I first went there. It can f--kin' do you in, you know what I mean? This time, I party enough before I even get there, and I'm enjoying it, man. The cards (?) are cool, and all the fans are cool.

Another Story on the Album
http://www.spinner.com/2007/11/29/oasis-head-to-abbey-road-to-record-new-album/

Oasis Head to Abbey Road to Record New Album

Oasis are back in the studio laying down tracks for their seventh studio album, and according to frontman Liam Gallagher, things are "f***ing rocking."

"We've got like 8 songs wrote. I think they're f***ing great," he told Spinner. "We've just gotta make sure we write the right record and so we're sort of just picking at these songs and sort of amplifying them a bit more. We've got off to a good start. There's not one acoustic song on it -- it's all f***ing rocking."

The band -- Liam, brother Noel Gallagher, rhythm guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell -- are in London's Abbey Road studios with Dave Sardy, the man who produced the group's last effort, 2005's 'Don't Believe the Truth.' "He's top man. I like him," Liam said of the producer. "We're all on the same page. We're all having a laugh and it's going really easy. We're not having any struggle with any sounds or anything. Touch wood it remains like that."

Liam admits to penning some of the tracks himself, though he wouldn't let their titles out of the bag. "Yeah man, I wrote a couple of songs," he said. "Some of them are rocking. I think they're really cool."

The roaring singer just started laying down vocals a week ago, his first time singing in quite some time. "I've only started singing on this record [recently]," he said. "I've not sang for like six months so I'm easing into it."

By easing into it, Liam noted he's been doing "ten takes of each song" to get the vocals down, "and then we've got it." So far the studio experience has been a good one for the group, the frontman said. One of the best things for the Beatle-loving outfit though has been simply recording in Abbey Road.

"Amazing -- it's amazing man," Liam said. "It's the best studio in the world. As soon as you're in there -- we've been like filming and that in there, if you've got the right clothes on it could be done in 1960. It could be done at any time. You just have to make sure you're wearing the right stuff ... and it smells really nice and old and (puts on an American hippie accent) it's just a nice place to be, man!"

and some pics of the band in the Studio

:)

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2007, 11:44:06 am »
cheers for that!

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2007, 10:14:04 am »
Watching 'There And Then' -DVD at the moment. Songs from mid nineties gigs at Earls Court 95 and Maine Road 96. Oasis at their very best - fucking hell this all sounds good again when you have not actually seen and heard it for a long time.

Offline Texas Reds Fan

• The first to learn about Project: Rename LFC
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2007, 02:23:52 pm »
Anyone heard the mix of Wonderwall with Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day? Absolutely love that. Can't listen to the original songs by either band now.

Offline Born-Red

• following a messy delivery
  • Kopite
  • Yanks Out!
« Reply #115 on: January 2, 2008, 01:04:10 pm »
Got the DVD for Christmas, watched the documentary last night, thought it was great loved the way it was shot. Some great scenes, loved the bit with Liam and Girls Aloud and the bit with the midgets. Looking forward to watching the Eastlands gig.

Recommend it to any Oasis fans.
They don't care about Rafa,
They don't care about fans,
Liverpool football club is in the wrong hands!

His armband proved he was a red....

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #116 on: January 2, 2008, 02:43:55 pm »
Anyone heard the mix of Wonderwall with Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day? Absolutely love that. Can't listen to the original songs by either band now.

Aye i heard it. It all sounds a bit crammed. Didnt really like it. Anyway heres a link for those who havent heard it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkyWLkW4HL4
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #117 on: January 2, 2008, 04:26:38 pm »
Yeh I got LDSMD DvD for Crimbo too so I shall be watching it soon, also there is an album on torrents 'Oasis the lsot song' which is 300+mb worth of songs they covered and havent released, I tried downloading it a while ago but then my torrents broke, check it out
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #118 on: January 2, 2008, 06:18:23 pm »

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #119 on: January 2, 2008, 06:26:39 pm »
Haven't seen Oasis unplugged in ages.  It was fucking brilliant - especially this:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=nd_cdddJrrA
One of my favorite records of all time and i dont really class myself a fan.
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea