Author Topic: Lampard named Derby Manager  (Read 22232 times)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lampard named Derby Manager
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2019, 10:53:30 am »
Bielsa is off his head. Will be funny seeing him do this to Burnley or someone next season.

He will send a drone above their training ground.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2019, 11:14:48 am »
Your manager hid in a laundry basket back in 2005 while he was banned from the premises, Frank.

I don't know if it is because he's new or a hypocrite, but lots of teams do it. Few months ago there was a report about how we send a man to do a research on a potential new signing by watching his demeanor in training etc. for example. He thinks teams won't get info on others ones by any means?

Bielsa is off his head. Will be funny seeing him do this to Burnley or someone next season.

There was an article early on this season about how he changed lots of things on how Leeds are run every day and one of the things he does is go around the Leeds offices in the training ground and put his finger in furniture to see if they are dusty. :lmao True story.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2019, 05:26:54 pm »
I must be in the minority here.

But I can't think why there seems to be a 'witch hunt' against Bielsa for sending someone to look at a rival team train - from a public vantage point.
Reports say nothing was broken and no criminal offence took place. Therefore no wrong has been done.
Plus why are lots in the media holding on to that very vague and indeterminate principal of "fair play" - I mean, whose definition of "fair play" do we follow when there clearly isn't one written down anywhere in the game.

So what if someone watches another team train.

Let's be straight. It's only cos he's a 'foreigner'. If Harry Kane's dad had done the same thing as a favour for Spurs he'd have already got a knighthood.

What a load of bullocks!

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2019, 12:46:44 pm »
I must be in the minority here.

But I can't think why there seems to be a 'witch hunt' against Bielsa for sending someone to look at a rival team train - from a public vantage point.
Reports say nothing was broken and no criminal offence took place. Therefore no wrong has been done.
Plus why are lots in the media holding on to that very vague and indeterminate principal of "fair play" - I mean, whose definition of "fair play" do we follow when there clearly isn't one written down anywhere in the game.

So what if someone watches another team train.

Let's be straight. It's only cos he's a 'foreigner'. If Harry Kane's dad had done the same thing as a favour for Spurs he'd have already got a knighthood.

What a load of bullocks!

Answered your own question mate. Typical British xenophobic media.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2019, 01:13:02 pm »
He will send a drone above their training ground.

Werder Bremen did that this season - flew a drone above a Hoffenheim training session. Their manager Frank Baumann took responsibility and admitted he and the coach had been behind the idea  ;D

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'ŕ quoi bon ?'
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2019, 03:17:53 am »
Reckon he's met minimum expectations by getting them into the playoffs. If they beat Villa and get promoted, he'd have a difficult job over the summer trying to strengthen this squad. Otherwise they will get battered by a fair few next year in the Premier League.

I'd rather clearly them than Villa as I have never minded Lampard at all, unlike the repellently obnoxious John Terry.

As a footnote, I imagine Brian Clough would have smiled at last night's result.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2019, 11:46:22 am »
I guess Lampard did alright for himself then! (So far).   

This thread is a perfect example of why people don't need to hang onto the every word of a forum 'expert'  ;D 

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2019, 01:28:57 pm »

This thread is a perfect example of why people don't need to hang onto the every word of a forum 'expert'  ;D

If you're referring to PoP, I think his opinion is clearly based on the multiple examples of players who played at the highest level making the move into management based on their playing careers and struggling massively. I do think we're entering an era though where the players were so tactically astute during their playing career, that is allowing them to better bridge the gap into management.

Reckon he's met minimum expectations by getting them into the playoffs. If they beat Villa and get promoted, he'd have a difficult job over the summer trying to strengthen this squad. Otherwise they will get battered by a fair few next year in the Premier League.

The minimum expectation may have been the playoffs, but he's still done an exceptional job getting them to Wembley. Fair play to him, always liked Lampard just hated the joke of a club he played most of his career for.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2019, 02:14:50 pm »
Unlike that awful dickhead John Terry, I never minded Lampard, seems a cool character, so good to see him doing well and I'm glad they managed to beat Leeds. Hopefully we'll see him in the Premier League next season.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2019, 02:43:21 pm »
Unlike that awful dickhead John Terry, I never minded Lampard, seems a cool character, so good to see him doing well and I'm glad they managed to beat Leeds. Hopefully we'll see him in the Premier League next season.

Lampard has always come across as a smart fella. He’ll do well in management, I think.

I like him for giving Wilson a good place to develop. So often our players are loaned out and not used “as promised”. He has improved there and is gaining some experience in big games now in the play-offs. I wonder if they’ll want him permanently though if they’re promoted?

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2019, 02:52:02 pm »
Werder Bremen did that this season - flew a drone above a Hoffenheim training session. Their manager Frank Baumann took responsibility and admitted he and the coach had been behind the idea  ;D

Sorry for the late reply, but that's genius  ;D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2019, 03:40:51 pm »

Also a perfect example of lack of reading comprehension ;D

No, fair play to Frank, he's not taking the easy way out in putting himself forward for bigger jobs he's not really  qualified for. But the idea that just because a person was a professional player means they have something about them to make them managers or coaches needs to die a swift death. There's no correlation between the two. Management is as much of a talent and skill as playing is, and you don't transfer one to the other (in either direction!)

Sure - but my ire is not actually aimed at the people going for the jobs, but the system that says "no experience? No problem, here you go, have a job here, mate!", while hard-working, experienced and more qualified coaches a bit down the ladder are restricted in their opportunities.

You surely don't mean me, because I've consistently said that not all coaches are cut out to be managers.

The issue isn't Lampard - the issue is that people with no experience in managing or coaching walk into manager and coach jobs over people who have better track records, based solely on who that individual was as a player.

Again, the issue is not Frank Lampard, the issue is the system in England that promotes ex-players to manager jobs based on their playing career, and ignores potential managers and coaches who didn't have as good a playing career, or any at all, but who have qualifications, experience, and innovation.

And again, my point isn't "Frank Lampard". My point is that the English system is based almost entirely on WHO you've played for, not what you have done as a coach OR manager.

It's not about "Frank Lampard". It's about the system.

Absolutely agree. Again, my point isn't "Frank Lampard".

I'm pretty sure I never really made any comment on how I thought he would do. My entire displeasure at the appointment was about the FA culture of ignoring the rules they set out for everyone else, just to make sure their top internationals "stay in the game". It's the same for most of the Home Nations federations.

But sure, if people want to interpret that as me saying "Frank Lampard will fail", by all means, whatever floats yer boats.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2019, 06:08:01 pm »
Turns out you were wrong and Derby were right though Pops.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2019, 06:32:38 pm »
Turns out you were wrong and Derby were right though Pops.

Wrong about what?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2019, 06:35:03 pm »
Wrong about what?

You were pissed that they gave him the job,no ?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2019, 06:36:27 pm »

You were pissed that they gave him the job,no ?

Nope.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2019, 06:40:57 pm »
Nope.

Hahaha,well in that case you gave a good impression of somebody who was.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2019, 07:05:05 pm »

Hahaha,well in that case you gave a good impression of somebody who was.

Not against Lampard, no. I was very precise that I had no issues with Lampard the person, or Lampard himself getting the job. I was criticising the system that tells the rest of us that we have to get our badges and put our time in, and then we get to watch the big name ex-pros skip the steps we have to take and nobody says a word about it (but they gladly take our money all the same).

People who haven't been involved in the coaching pathway don't understand it. Then, when they get on the coaching pathway, and get to the B level, they then understand it. It's nothing to do with the ex-players themselves, they are just availing themselves of the opportunities. It's the people who create those opportunities and set rules that they then don't enforce, is where my beef is.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2019, 07:58:05 pm »
Jobs for the boys, with professional playing experience qualifying one for the administrative gravy train, is the point PoP is making, I believe..,.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2019, 08:01:45 pm »
Jobs for the boys, with professional playing experience qualifying one for the administrative gravy train, is the point PoP is making, I believe..,.
and the point many others were making is that not all ex pros are equal, ie there are those who are actually capable of doing the job much better than the life coaches, as lampard has quite conclusively proven here he’s one of the ones who had a great playing career who has the skills to adapt to management.

And as I said quite a few times, he was hired to be a manager not a coach (which is why he got a highly rated coach in Jody Morris as his #2), and those two skill sets are very different, like with all other walks of life the ones who end up running teams/departments aren’t always the best technically at the job

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2019, 08:23:00 pm »

But Pros who have played at the top of the game (or any tbf) have been around coaching their entire lives,not all have the nous to make it as a manager but the very fact that they have the experience that they have & the name recognition gives them a greater starting point than any of the others.

The same thing stands with most vocations as well.

And as Lush said,managing and coaching are not the same thing.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2019, 08:53:12 pm »
Pop wasn't wrong. He said Lampard had no managerial experience, so was given the job because of who he is and what he’s done as a footballer. The fact he’s doing okay doesn’t change that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »
Pop wasn't wrong. He said Lampard had no managerial experience, so was given the job because of who he is and what he’s done as a footballer. The fact he’s doing okay doesn’t change that.
his point was that coaches in the lower leagues were ‘more qualified’ than lampard yet the last three they’ve had would pass his test (clement, mclaren and rowett) and lampard has outdone those three, none of us here know what happened in his interview there, nor do we know him personally/have worked with him in any capacity so what he was saying had no relevance to an individual interview process to which he had no insight into

Besides, how he is meant to get managerial experience, does he have to manage in something like the conference south? Really don’t get that logic, some people in life are capable of coming in at a high level, others have to grind and others aren’t ulitmately good enough and lampard looks so far like he’s in that first group

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #223 on: May 17, 2019, 09:52:50 am »
And for every Lampard there's a whole bunch of top-players-turned-shit-manager

Anyway i fink that football management is mostly luck. 

Basically its a huge job and nobody, especially not a new manager, can do it all.

What happens is that the fledgling manager is good at some things and hopeless or completely ignorant about others. If they are lucky, they get a job where it so happens that the bit  of management they are good at is exactly what the club needs right then while their weaknesses are covered. If they are very lucky, they get to fill in their gaps in their experience before the gaps get them fired.