Author Topic: FT - Leicester 3 vs Liverpool 1 (27' 60' Vardy; 39' D'water, 67' - Phil)  (Read 92746 times)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Re: FT - Leicester 3 vs Liverpool 1 (27' 60' Vardy; 39' D'water, 67' - Phil)
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:08 pm »
How come no one wacked Vardy with a good kick? We just accepted getting outbattled. Matip and Lucas should have at least shown some needle and kicked him a bit.

Fucking shite bunch of weak players in this squad.

We're the nicest team in the league, all sound lads lovely to have night out with but they've zero fight in them. Klopp would be a gnarly bastard on the pitch surely he knows thats what we need.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:18 pm »
I don't bet on Liverpool. After we beat Tottenham I told a mate of mine to stick a fiver on Leicester to beat us 3-1. He cashed out on 87 for £160 the big fanny.

But that's how obvious it was. What a shambles this team is. What a appalling mentality runs in this squad. Here we are again. Sell all of them, I could not care less.
Sell the whole squad? I find it extremely hard to defend any of them after these continuing results. Have to say I agree pretty much.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:23 pm »
This Liverpool team doesn't. The game was over at half time, you knew it, I knew it, we all knew it.

Spot on mate! We knew after the first goal how this was going to end. It's so predictable right now

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:24 pm »
Seeing this interview from Vardy and Albrighton - what a fucking bunch of c*nts.  A reaction?  Played like wankers for 6 months and all of a sudden "a reaction"?

Want decking the little wankers

Guilt written all over them.

Our shocking performance aside, Leicester have just proven all their critics right. Vardy is definitely writing this film of his as he goes along and Robert De Niro will be licking his lips.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:55 pm »
This Liverpool team doesn't. The game was over at half time, you knew it, I knew it, we all knew it.

I never think it's over at half time unless we're losing by at least three or four goals (I would say four at a minimum, but even I know this team are nothing like those who played in Istanbul).

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2017, 10:11:56 pm »
Honestly do not know where we go from here.

Seemingly no answers and no solutions. Worrying times.
YWNA

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:07 pm »
Squad is threadbare. Doesn't help that we have players that are always injured or unavailable.

Major investment needed in the summer.

It's all well and good claiming major investment is needed, that goes without saying.

The problem being that no champions league football means our club will be given a wide berth by the players who are really capable of improving us.

We will be shopping from the bottom shelf again now this summer I fear, with some added "when they ask for too much money they don't buy into the liverpool ethos" lingo from management/owners.

I like our manager, I want to see what he does with this team going forward. But on the evidence presented so far I am starting to wonder if he has the nous to organise a team defensively. You need one in this league unfortunately, as you cannot rely on your attackers blowing everyone away week in week out.

He absolutely adores Firmino aswell, he is neat and tidy for sure but does not contribute enough goals considering the very important position on the field he occupies. Its really a toss of a coin as to whether he will be on it for 90 mins and you can guarantee Klopp will give Firmino 90 minutes week in week out regardless of form.

2 weeks without a game, a high intensity camp in Spain to rectify issues with our form and this is the response. Thats the very worrying thing. One time we always used to respond but this was really telling tonight.

We were also told that there were no players available in January who would be an improvement on what we have. Now either we have a very good squad of players or else thats a damning indictment on the standard of world football.

Leicester play Hull at the weekend now, lets see how long this "revival" continues.

Offline Halewooder

• Anny Roader
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:22 pm »
You need to do one.

Players to blame here all night long

ATTITUDE.

Bury your head in the sand then.  I said on here the other week that you see how good managers are when things arent going well. We've been shite for two months now with no visible signs of it coming to an end.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:23 pm »
So when does Klopp start coming under pressure?

When he has had the opportunity to add more than two players to the first team.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:38 pm »
You need to do one.

Players to blame here all night long

ATTITUDE.

This is Jurgens team! he's had what 3 transfer windows?

Send Sakho out on loan and play Lucas against Vardy?

If Brendan had done that he would be crucified.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »
It is bedwetting when people are throwing their toys out of the pram at half-time because the other team are winning by two goals, teams have come back from bigger deficits before.
Not playing the way we have been recently, it was  never going to happen so stop deluding yourself that it was.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:43 pm »
Weak, spineless, lack of goal threat and utterly predictable. No doubt the next away game will the same and the one after that andvthe one after that etc etc.

Klopp needs to call a few of them out, take them out their fucking comfy pampered lives, show them performances like this are simply unacceptable.

As long as we continue with this squad and FSG's supposed approach and philosophy we will win fuck all .
JFT97

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:48 pm »
God I feel sick.

Two weeks off riding bikes and having pillowfights. They make a major change cos they can see the system isn't working.

Which one wins? Surprise.

(thats NOT me calling for Klopps head. We need major squad overhaul though)
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »
Swamped by bellends that only post when we get beaten.

So, the 2017 regular posters?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:52 pm »
It's always darkest before the dawn

Well, that's what I tell myself anyway.

Onward we march.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »
Its painful to see it all fall apart so quickly but the warning signs were there.

Lack of squad investment in summer and winter. That rests with Klopp and the owners.

Mane missing in Jan.

Freezing out sakho with no replacement.

No plan B against alehouse football.

Lack of attackers when you know Sturridge's injury record.

Lack of a defensive midfielder when you play in the premier league.

I could go on but its so predictable.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:04 pm »
How come no one wacked Vardy with a good kick? We just accepted getting outbattled. Matip and Lucas should have at least shown some needle and kicked him a bit.

Fucking shite bunch of weak players in this squad.

No minerals in this squad.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:13 pm »

Good times.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:13 pm »
Think I'm gonna climb in the bath, lie down, prop my arse up and relax. Then piss in my own eyes.

That was awful. Lost my patience with Firmino. He does not deserve a place ahead of Sturridge, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi, Mane. He turns up once in 25 games to do a fancy flick lay-off, tap-in or scores a decent goal then goes missing for the next 24. Then the cyle starts again. Look at the size of the lad. He's playing up front. He should be giving an account of himself. Poor.

Similar with Can. No idea what he does or his role/position. Sometimes you get lucky and he's in a covering position like in defence. Others he's woefully out of position watching the ball sail past him into a dangerous position for our opponents. The latter happens a lot more than the former.

A defence so fragile that any ball kicked high and long ultimately gives a chance away. Two past-their-best midfielders who fell completely short of 'great' filling in at left back and centre half.

A club with years of heritage and success and not one fucking leader on the pitch. Not even one player who wants to try and lead. Disgusting.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:14 pm »
And? He doesn't have the same biases for Liverpool as we do, his perspective was one of a "neutral".

And? He got it spot on. His perspective was right.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:15 pm »
It's OK. The club will come out and hand the likes of Can and Lovren extended contracts in a few days and give them a pay raise. It's what we need.

Anyway, in all seriousness, each and every single one of them should send each and every one of the travelling Kop a written apology and a full reimbursement of their hard earned money to travel and pay to go see that shower of wank they served up, then they should all be docked a months wages. I'm not even fucking joking here. That should happen. Absolute disgrace that was. Some of them strolled out more worried about their fucking tans and haircuts than what needed to be done on the pitch. But sure, Nivea all round. 

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:20 pm »
I'm not allowed to question the manager or his tactics on here but what were they?. Also he struggles to motivate the team against poor teams

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:23 pm »
Been at the game, Leicester wanted it far more than we did, I can't forgive Mignolet for that 2nd goal, he just let it go by him like it was going out, we've gotta stop the silly little flicks in the middle of the park when we're 2 nil down.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:31 pm »
I am fucking livid. I'm not going to say more than that now because I'll be very abusive about players. I hope FSG have got deep pockets as Klopp needs to bring in a lot more. Top 4 really depends on the next few games but I think it's gone already.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:35 pm »
This needs to end. We are the laughing stock of the league at the moment and have been, a few good spells aside, since August 2009.

Jurgen Klopp has his faults and they have been highlighted multiple times in the last few months. But he is one of the best managers in the world, he is the best we could possibly have. And yet here we are, serving up the same performances as Rafa's final season, as Roy's ill fated few months, as Kenny's awful final league campaign and as the tenure of Brendan Rodgers ended. Klopp was brought in not just because he is the best but because he is the best at getting high levels out of average levels of player. And he has achieved that at times. But other than one fluke from Leicester last season and us coming close in 13/14 it just isnt a set up that works.

It is time to wake up. The longer we persist with an average squad, one without any proper depth, we will continue with 6th and 7th placed finishes and become an absolute nothing club in this era. We arent a nothing club, we are a fucking massive worldwide entity that wants to be the best but thinks it can find some sort of shortcut, that it can be done with low wage bills and young players, average midfielders playing out of position, and most importantly without the best players. If we want to be the best it is time to sort this fucking shite out and rip this average squad up and start again. This is a group of players that has shit out of an fa and league cup semi, of a europa final, of a league cup final, whimpered to 6th and 7th placed finishes. Yes they are capable of extreme high levels of performance as well but they have never done it consistently and have never followed through when it matters the most.

Things are getting desperate. Some blame absolutely lies with the boss. But what are we going to do? Sack him? Of course not. If ever there was a man built to bring success to this club its him. But asking him to do it with an arm tied behind his back is a fucking joke. Stop asking him to deliver with average players, dreaming hes going to turn lallana origi and firmino into messi suarez and neymar, henderson wijnaldum and can into alonso gerrard and mascherano, and actually go out and bring in the top players and watch what a world class coach can do with them.

Aside from a few sporadic months of amazing footie under Brendan, we have been watching the same game on repeat for eight years. Enough is efuckingnough.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:44 pm »
More annoyingly, we'll beat Arsenal.

Yes, we will probably beat Arsenal, but that is the main problem with this team. We don't have the mentality or the leaders on this LFC team to play consistently well against all teams, and that is not something that can be solved by training or development. We need to sign top players with leadership qualities in the summer.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:45 pm »
We're the nicest team in the league, all sound lads lovely to have night out with but they've zero fight in them. Klopp would be a gnarly bastard on the pitch surely he knows thats what we need.

It's one of our main problems for sure, we need more bullies on the pitch. I think he just underestimated what we needed this season, and from the sounds of it he's already working on the summer transfers.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:58 pm »
You could tell even after the first 5 mins that it was going to be a long night. We simply struggle against ANY team that gets in our face. This team lacks bollocks...big time.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:59 pm »
I love Klopp, I really do but you can't say that nobody saw that coming. A shit team with no manager and we go out and basically repeat the same type of performance as the ones against Hull, Burnley, Swansea, etc. Questions should be asked, and rightly so No, I'm not advocating for his sacking in any way or turning on him at all - all you'd need to to do is read my previous posts to see how I feel on the subject. But the fact remains that we're going to finish the season with a makeshift left back, a midfielder way past his best as cover for our first choice centre halves while isolating and loaning an excellent CB in Sakho, and then two keepers competing for the "who fucks up first' award. Take a player out of that front 4 and we're toothless up front. Take Henderson out of midfield and we're clueless in midfield. Take one of Lovren/Matip out of defense and  even a semi-pro side will fancy their chances of scoring against us. The decision not to bolster the squad is going to cost us a top 4 place despite the excellent first half of the season we had. One summer transfer window might not be enough in itself, but we've had two winter ones as well. Before anyone talks about the lack of players available during the winter - Kenny brought in Suarez. Rodgers brought in Coutinho and Sturridge. I refuse to believe that absolutely no one was available that could have come in and made an impact. The funds are there too. Of course we're not going to spunk £50 million on any single player, but Klopp's reluctance to spend any money when money was clearly available is incredibly frustrating. Couple that with our consistent inability to play against the dross of the league whilst continually making the same errors over and over again, and we are where we are.

I still can't fathom just how bad we were. 16 days to prepare for that and he's put Lucas - who has gotten a new one torn nearly every time he's up against a pacy forward - at CB against Vardy. 16 days we couldn't prepare for their tactics of 'defend well and kick it up for VArdy to chase' while looking no better than when we were playing 4 games in 7 days. Klopp must forgo his abhorrent stubbornness because as Ranieri just found out, the modern game is absolutely ruthless and you're only as good as you're doing right now, at this moment. Not what you've done in the past or what you could possibly do in the future. It's a learning curve but he's going to have to realize that this isn't the Bundesliga, here 6-7 teams regularly compete for just a few spots, shark contrast where just two clubs duke it out for the title in Germany  while the rest is anybody's guess. Showing loyalty to players who just aren't good enough or just not spending any money just isn't going to get you anywhere in this league. I hope he gets it right in the summer and hope that he has the support of everyone while doing it, but my God he's going to have to change his ways just even a little.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:00 pm »
This is Jurgens team! he's had what 3 transfer windows?

Send Sakho out on loan and play Lucas against Vardy?

If Brendan had done that he would be crucified.

I have nothing against him sending Sakho out. If he believes he's already gone in his mind, then sure I'd accept that. But then you'd get replacement in. Which well...

Offline Breakdown

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:07 pm »
Thoroughly outplayed and deservedly beaten by one of the worst teams in the league. An absolutely terrible performance  from pretty much everybody involved. Could have easily conceded 5 or 6. Never looked like we were ever going to get anything from tonight's game.

Need to go and buy players in the summer who are better than the ones in the first eleven and who have a better mentality. We need leaders and winners if we want to move up the league. Could do with improvements in all four areas of the pitch.

To think some people actually thought it was a good thing we got knocked out of the cups to focus on the league. You would never have guessed who had a fortnight off and who had just had a tough European away game.

Totally depressing night and the pattern looks set for the rest of the season, do well in the big games coming up against arsenal city et al and lose / drop points  against the dross in this league.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:17 pm »
It is bedwetting when people are throwing their toys out of the pram at half-time because the other team are winning by two goals, teams have come back from bigger deficits before.

Not bedwetting at all,that was a shocking first half performance regardless.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
When he has had the opportunity to add more than two players to the first team.

He had the hance last summer. He chose not to take it and only recently he admitted we were short. Its partly his fault.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »
So when does Klopp start coming under pressure?  Showing no signs of turning this around and thats massively worrying

We finished with 62 points in 2015 and 60 points last year. We made a profit on the transfer window.

What do you want ? If you ask me 70 points would be a great achievement. Not good enough for CL but certainly a pretty strong point tally.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »
I'm sick fed up of people blaming the manager. Yes, there were mistakes and we can blame Jurgen if we are looking at the short term.

But the long term? Well, is this really surprising? Time and time and time and time and time again, this is happening far too often regardless of who the Liverpool Football Club manager is. The one constant in this is FSG and their tawdry Transfer Committee. Whether it was Jurgen or someone else in charge tonight, that squad is unbelievably thin of quality. It is high time that those in charge of recruitment and who have been responsible for this woeful squad left the club - that's Mike Gordon, Michael Edwards, Barry Hunter and Dave Fallows who have implemented this quite humiliating structure at the club, which has desecrated a proud name.

They say a camel is a horse designed by committee. Well, Liverpool FC play like camels because we WERE designed by committee.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:26 pm »
Not sure what we did in Spain last week but we clearly didn't work on tactics. Shocking. Let's play 2 slow centre halves high up the pitch against Vardy so he can run in behind all night. Who else has played like that this year? Everybody learnt what not to do after last season except us and City!

There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
they must have a decent post count atleast

Very good  ;D

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:39 pm »
Been at the game, Leicester wanted it far more than we did, I can't forgive Mignolet for that 2nd goal, he just let it go by him like it was going out, we've gotta stop the silly little flicks in the middle of the park when we're 2 nil down.

I had the benefit of replays. Mignolet had no chance with that, cracking strike right into the corner.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:43 pm »
OK, next time we're losing at half time I'll say some of the shit being posted in the half time thread, should I?

You can say whatever the hell you like, just stop shitting on people who don't share your optimism after watching Liverpool toil week after week.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:47 pm »
Craig Shakespeare.    :duh
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.