Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850560 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #11800 on: May 21, 2020, 05:09:52 pm »
Richard Jolly
@RichJolly
·
8m
Jordon Ibe's season: more lockdown-breaching haircuts (1) than Bournemouth points or in games he played (0) or Bournemouth goals with him on the pitch (0).

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11801 on: May 21, 2020, 05:15:31 pm »
Can't work out whether Ibe is a wasted talent or is just not very good.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11802 on: May 21, 2020, 05:16:16 pm »
Scored the winner against us for Blackburn at Anfield about 20yrs ago if my memory serves me right

FA Cup 4th round, played on the weekend the 3rd round is usually played because we played the 3rd in December for some unknown reason. Huddersfield away. The year United didn’t enter I think.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11803 on: May 21, 2020, 05:17:20 pm »

It's like the age old question of whether he's cup tied or not

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11804 on: May 21, 2020, 05:26:13 pm »
It's like the age old question of whether he's cup tied or not

so the answer is "Yes" or is it "Maybe"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11805 on: May 21, 2020, 05:29:38 pm »
Ibe’s been having mental health problems, no? Feel for the lad
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11806 on: May 21, 2020, 05:37:13 pm »

The prom/rel decision only affects the 71 EFL teams. 

Prem could vote on something entirely different.

At a cost of £10-£15m per club.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11807 on: May 21, 2020, 06:13:16 pm »
I remember not being to bothered when Sterling left because I felt Ibe would end up being a better player. I guess that's why I've never been asked to be a Football talent scout.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11808 on: May 21, 2020, 06:26:39 pm »
Premier League wants full contact training by next week

“The Premier League wants clubs to be able to start full contact training by the end of next week but faces a major effort to convince players to agree to the next stage of Project Restart.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-wants-full-contact-training-by-next-week-kncj7vl9b
YWNA

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11809 on: May 21, 2020, 06:31:12 pm »
I'm 50 - I've never heard of the bloke - and I'm not embarrassed at all - Nathan Blake should be embarrassed for being a weapon.

Unfortunately I have. A lot. Imagine being Welsh in the 90s and going from Ian Rush as our strike to this useless twat

I'm going down the wasted talent route. His pace, power and skill should have translated to so much more than it did.

Tranmere not happy about that EFL statement either

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11810 on: May 21, 2020, 06:31:15 pm »
I was fully on board the Ibe hype train as well for my sins.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11811 on: May 21, 2020, 06:35:10 pm »

“The Premier League wants clubs to be able to start full contact training by the end of next week but faces a major effort to convince players to agree to the next stage of Project Restart.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-wants-full-contact-training-by-next-week-kncj7vl9b

Show them this

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11812 on: May 21, 2020, 06:39:41 pm »

I swear these people just make things up. Why do they face a major effort to convince players? Players will be back training knowing full contact training will start soon. It’s only a handful of players who have decided not to return to training yet

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #11813 on: May 21, 2020, 06:40:08 pm »
Wait, wait, is this a competition?
Well then, I'm 51 and I've never heard of Nathan Blake
:lmao

'course you have:

"he's black - he's mean
he robbed a fruit machine"

EDIT - the above was a Cardiff City fan chant, not my personal
view etc :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:42:12 pm by Red-Dread »
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11814 on: May 21, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
I swear these people just make things up. Why do they face a major effort to convince players? Players will be back training knowing full contact training will start soon. It’s only a handful of players who have decided not to return to training yet

I honestly think giving the sodding thing a name like 'project restart' isn't helping. The whole thing is a soap opera in multiple parts.   

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11815 on: May 21, 2020, 06:54:30 pm »
I honestly think giving the sodding thing a name like 'project restart' isn't helping. The whole thing is a soap opera in multiple parts.   

Should have called it "get out and play football or fuck off and work in Tesco"
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11816 on: May 21, 2020, 07:17:03 pm »

Project "man up"

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #11817 on: May 21, 2020, 07:17:07 pm »
Show them this
"Hazard" - yeaaaaah riiiiiiiight ;D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11818 on: May 21, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
Project "man up"
Indeed only applies to the men's game, since the WSL appears to have accepted they're not playing again this season.....!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11819 on: May 21, 2020, 07:19:19 pm »
Indeed only applies to the men's game, since the WSL appears to have accepted they're not playing again this season.....!

They need to grow some balls.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11820 on: May 21, 2020, 07:21:09 pm »
They need to grow some balls.
Only if they're disinfected at the same time.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11821 on: May 21, 2020, 07:24:25 pm »
Only if they're disinfected at the same time.

Just don't copy the Yanks ;D

18:53
Calls to US poison control centres on the rise
More than 3,600 cases of disinfectant exposure were reported in April to the US poison control centres, compared to 1,676 in February.

Experts warn against using cleaning products beyond their intended use, such as wiping down groceries.

Dr Kelly Johnson-Arbor from the National Capital Poison Center said there was no medical reason to be "drinking or bathing in disinfectants".

In April, President Trump seemed to suggest injecting bleach as way of "cleaning" Covid-19 from the inside. But the next day, he told journalists: "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52749186

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11822 on: May 21, 2020, 07:57:41 pm »
Interesting line from Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert in tomorrow's @SZ. "If you look at England or the German third division, you get the sense that clubs suddenly detect moral concerns [about continuing the season], depending on their position in the table."
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11823 on: May 21, 2020, 08:17:04 pm »
Thought Ibe would replace Sterling too. Rated Assaidi as an unorthodox talent as well. Think that's about as bad as it got in rating players. To be fair Ibe had it all physically and technically from a young age, but as it has now been shown through the years, doesn't have the mental game to be a top wide attacker. Don't mean mental strength but the thought processes, the ability to read an opponent, engage, go past consistently.

Assaidi's a bit of a mystery. Impossible to get the ball off, could've been a lot more useful than he was, iirc there was a rumour about his signing being foisted on Rodgers, it being more a club scouting department signing rather than a Brendan pick.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11824 on: May 21, 2020, 08:20:33 pm »
Interesting line from Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert in tomorrow's @SZ. "If you look at England or the German third division, you get the sense that clubs suddenly detect moral concerns [about continuing the season], depending on their position in the table."

And we all know he's right. But no one here in the PL or in the shite English media will dare point that out.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11825 on: May 21, 2020, 08:27:45 pm »
The beaches are as busy as the Normandy landings and the parks are like a festival. I don't think they should be but nobody can with a straight face say footballers should be housebound given Boris has given us all carte blanche to let the masses do what they want.

Infection rates must be zero in Manchester though with no sanctimonious City or United fan venturing out of their homes for 9 weeks.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11826 on: May 21, 2020, 08:44:43 pm »
La Liga starting again on June 12th.
YWNA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11827 on: May 21, 2020, 08:46:29 pm »
First game back is the Seville derby too.  ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11828 on: May 21, 2020, 08:52:45 pm »
The beaches are as busy as the Normandy landings and the parks are like a festival. I don't think they should be but nobody can with a straight face say footballers should be housebound given Boris has given us all carte blanche to let the masses do what they want.

Infection rates must be zero in Manchester though with no sanctimonious City or United fan venturing out of their homes for 9 weeks.

Whats Surrey like?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #11829 on: May 21, 2020, 08:56:46 pm »
La Liga starting again on June 12th.

I'd be surprised if we start on that date as well.  Aren't we supposed to be about 10-14 days behind Spain and Italy in our curve?

June 19th might be possible, I guess.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #11830 on: May 21, 2020, 09:05:24 pm »
I was gutted when Sterling left. I said he was the closest the prem had to Messi. My mates all said I was talking bollocks and that Ibe would be better than Sterling. Absolute bollocks i said from the off. Even now I rip my mates about it.   
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11831 on: May 21, 2020, 09:05:59 pm »

I'd be surprised if we start on that date as well.  Aren't we supposed to be about 10-14 days behind Spain and Italy in our curve?

June 19th I'm thinking. Otherwise cramming in that many games (184?) before July 31 will be very difficult.
YWNA

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #11832 on: May 21, 2020, 09:11:03 pm »

The thing that might be a complicating factor is that our moronic government loosened restrictions too quickly, and I just can’t see how we'll avoid a spike in infections. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it slip to mid / late July as a result, and then it relies on the outcome of negotiations with UEFA and how to approach a next season that won’t realistically be able to start until late September.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #11833 on: May 21, 2020, 09:20:27 pm »
The Manchester bias on BBC Sport is pathetic. They've Giggs' goal against Arsenal down as being the best FA Cup moment ever  :D

Objectively it's in contention. Gerrard's WHU Cup Final strike is better though. And that's before you get into the Ronnie Radford/Rickie Villa BBC love affair
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11834 on: May 21, 2020, 09:21:02 pm »
I was gutted when Sterling left. I said he was the closest the prem had to Messi. My mates all said I was talking bollocks and that Ibe would be better than Sterling. Absolute bollocks i said from the off. Even now I rip my mates about it.

Not sure how many you'll hook with that in this thread  :P

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11835 on: May 21, 2020, 09:22:25 pm »

Seifert nails it one

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11836 on: May 21, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »

Assaidi's a bit of a mystery. Impossible to get the ball off, could've been a lot more useful than he was, iirc there was a rumour about his signing being foisted on Rodgers, it being more a club scouting department signing rather than a Brendan pick.

Was it Assaidi who had a fucking cracking game away at Fulham in the cup? I thought he'd get more chances after that and really kick on. He had ability, no doubt about it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11837 on: May 21, 2020, 09:33:54 pm »
Was it Assaidi who had a fucking cracking game away at Fulham in the cup? I thought he'd get more chances after that and really kick on. He had ability, no doubt about it.

You always wonder how much the likes of him, Alberto and Aspas suffered from the ‘transfer committee vs Brendan Rodgers’ thing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11838 on: May 21, 2020, 09:37:26 pm »

I mean I wouldn’t be too cocky considering you also compared Sterling to Messi.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11839 on: May 21, 2020, 09:43:39 pm »

It was West Brom in the League Cup. Same night Sahin scored twice for us.

The most useful thing Assaidi did for us was score a winner against Chelsea. For Stoke.