Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2792981 times)

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
To the Tune of 'Bad Moon Rising' by the Creedence Clearwater Revival

I see a blue moon cry arsing
I see trouble on the way
I see potential fines and banning'
I see bad times today
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
There's a blue moon on the snide
I hear harry Kane's a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear the Irwell over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound and take your life
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Look's like your in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Don't go 'round tonight
There's a blue  moon on the snide
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
Should we have a collection at the next home game at Anfield for poor, poor Rahim Sterling in case his earning potential is affected by this Manchester City debacle? 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The argument that City are a financial healthy and well run club is daft. When you have these inflated sponsorship deals but neither the fans or actual finances to back it up, it makes the club a bit precarious. Should AD get bored with their plaything and sell it on, it would take incredible owners to keep the charade going. If they fail to get revenue fairly and organically, they could be in financial bother. That’s what FFP is getting at here. City aren’t spending beyond the owner’s means, but they are absolutely spending beyond the club’s means.

Bingo.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Didn't the CAS publish documents from the case City brought against Uefa on 12 February? Looks like UEFA were waiting for that arbitration to conclude before announcing

They've got no chance escaping a ban then. Might be reduced but not by much.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
They've got no chance escaping a ban then. Might be reduced but not by much.

So only 1 season then ? That's the only option to reduce without escaping a ban

They will almost certainly be deducted points in the league as well. PL rules roughly mirror UEFA on FFP
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This guy on twitter is a QC/sports lawyer. He is saying the players and staff can argue that their terms have fundamentally altered and leave for free  :lmao

https://twitter.com/JohnMehrzadLaw/status/1228638217064341505

That would be too funny.

It won’t happen though...

But this is even more hilarious
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
To the Tune of 'Bad Moon Rising' by the Creedence Clearwater Revival

I see a blue moon cry arsing
I see trouble on the way
I see potential fines and banning'
I see bad times today
Don't go 'round tonight
It's bound to take your life
I hear harry Kane's a-blowing
I know the end is coming soon
I fear the Irwell over flowing
I hear the voice of rage and ruin
Don't go 'round tonight
Hope you got your things together
Hope you are quite prepared to die
Look's like your in for nasty weather
One eye is taken for an eye
Don't go 'round tonight
There's a blue  moon on the snide

Boss  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gary Lineker really is a prick.

Gary Lineker
@GaryLineker
If only it were that way in the eighties 😢

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1228393034641006594

Weird how he still joined Everton knowing full well a ban was in place though.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
The only legitimate whinge Abu Dhabi fans can have is that UEFA aren't also giving that other shitarsed, plastic, dictator's sportwashing vehicle - PSG - a sharp six of the best and ban.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I won't cry a single tear if they are banned because of where their money originates but to be honest, FFP might be the most Tory thing in the sport. All the currently rich clubs are trying to make sure it's almost impossible for any team to ever break in to the clique at the top end of the sport. I have no sympathy whatsoever for Man City because their owners are absolute c*nts, but FFP needs abolishing.

Sorry but that's bollocks, it doesn't stop a rich owner coming in and building up a club quite quickly, but it does mean that it can't be done instantaneously and should be done in a sustainable manner so that if said owner gets bored and fucks off that said club doesn't end up utterly fucked in the process, look at the areas where they are allowed to spend freely such as new stadiums, training facilities, all the stuff that would still be there and paid for if an owner left, it is the more transient spending on wages and transfer fees where there are the restrictions that ensure a club lives within it's means.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
I've had time to not only learn of Manchester City's ban, but reflect on it thoughtfully and sit down to
 compose my deepest thoughts on the matter:

Aaaaahhahahahhahahahhha the cheating fuckin melts hahahahahah aaaaaaaahhahahaha!

;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Time for City to expose everything on everyone ! The whole game is bent ! Anthony Taylor reffing the Derby and saying he's an Alty fan ! We all know he isn't ! How many more lying bent refs out there ! All the bent Utd journos slating us every week ! The likes of Jim White and all the other Sky mob slandering our club from the second we got the money ! The owner will get bored , oil money , Arab money slander ! Go after them all !! Get the press box under siege ! Make the feckers scared to set foot in our stadium ! We have been cheated in the chumps league from day 1 . The attack on our bus brushed under the carpet ! Did we respond by doing it back ? No ! The Sterling VAR disallowed goal v Spurs because they knew we would win the lot !! I was there in division 3 so feck it the real blues will be there until they die ! Every blue now should back the club ! 100% . The elite cartel want us infighting ! They want Pep to leave , then all of our stars to leave ! Because a United are shit and Sky and all the other twats can't stand to see little City on top ! Did we win the domestic treble last year ? Or did I dream it !! We got no credit at all ! Or for the year before with 100 points and goals and all the other records we broke ! If that was United Sky TV would have made a Hollywood movie ! feck them all ! We are Man City and they can relegate us back to League 2 but we will still be there ! CTID

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
So only 1 season then ? That's the only option to reduce without escaping a ban

They will almost certainly be deducted points in the league as well. PL rules roughly mirror UEFA on FFP

Yeah am thinking a 1-year ban and fines halved as well. But seriously though, is anyone bothered if the PL deduct them 10 points this year? We more than likely will be leading by 25 points by the end of today and they're likely to be banned from the CL next season anyway. So that's not really a punishment.  A suitable redress would be to have their titles stripped from them during the years they broke FFP (was it only 2012-2016 or later as well? Either way doesn't matter). Then start them off in the next 2 PL campaigns with a -10 to -15 point deficit. That would be fairer.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Didn't the CAS publish documents from the case City brought against Uefa on 12 February? Looks like UEFA were waiting for that arbitration to conclude before announcing

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/12/manchester-city-fury-ffp-case-leaks-court-documents-uefa-cas

Cas refused City’s appeal against the referral, ruling that an appeal cannot be made until a final decision by a governing body, and City could make all their arguments at the hearing before the adjudicatory chamber.
However the Cas panel of three lawyers described the media leaks as “worrisome” and questioned how Leterme “could be so confident” that they had not come from the CFCB. They ruled that even if a CFCB member had been responsible for a leak, that did not mean they had not been impartial when reaching the decision to charge City.
The AC was understood to have heard the charges last month, and a decision is awaited. If it finds City guilty of deceiving Uefa over its finances it has the power to ban them from the Champions League, as recommended by the IC.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
The statement by the club was really really odd.  It just wasn’t what you’d normally expect in that situation.

Reminds me of the Houston Astros recent press conference after being caught stealing signs. Pure arrogance.

Offline OccamsRazor

• Kemlynite
I doubt it will be reduced.  If e.g you falsified your income on your tax returns, you'd be fucked.  Knowing the fianancial might of Sheikh Mansour and the previous threats of litigation from Khaldoon Al Mubarak, I struggle to see UEFA not thorougly confimring their are no gaps before pressing this.  I also find that it's likely they asked Man City to prove it not true and they simply refused to help in any way. 

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fucking hell. Shocked he's sinked to that depth. Loathsome comment.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
City get banned for cheating and the top football related trend on twitter is #Heysel. ::)

I’m beginning to sound like a tin foil hat type, but...

Twitter and Facebook are marketing tools. They exist to market stuff, and ideas.  Given that an independent research body found that something like 80% of UKIP/Brexit posts were from bots and or false accounts, spreading misinformation and lies, it is not a major leap to assume that a Multi Billion £ PR project like ADFC includes a large budget for social media manipulation.
Abu Dhabi see the City project as a way to wash their image, they are playing to the tribalism of football fans and are no doubt behind the smears and outrage. Certainly there are real city fans who believe the bullshit and spread it around (statman Gaz) but we need to be aware of what is happening. That Heysel is trending is proof of this. It is not credible that club with a limited appeal in its own city, with a small international fan base and internet presence (look at the number of hits their parade video got and compare it to ours) is able to generate enough traffic on Twitter to get that hashtag trending.  At worst it shows their PR people will stop at nothing to manage the reputation of a despotic regime.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

One of the main reasons why Heysel is trending on twitter today.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
This is all very beautiful to see.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Time for City to expose everything on everyone ! The whole game is bent ! Anthony Taylor reffing the Derby and saying he's an Alty fan ! We all know he isn't ! How many more lying bent refs out there ! All the bent Utd journos slating us every week ! The likes of Jim White and all the other Sky mob slandering our club from the second we got the money ! The owner will get bored , oil money , Arab money slander ! Go after them all !! Get the press box under siege ! Make the feckers scared to set foot in our stadium ! We have been cheated in the chumps league from day 1 . The attack on our bus brushed under the carpet ! Did we respond by doing it back ? No ! The Sterling VAR disallowed goal v Spurs because they knew we would win the lot !! I was there in division 3 so feck it the real blues will be there until they die ! Every blue now should back the club ! 100% . The elite cartel want us infighting ! They want Pep to leave , then all of our stars to leave ! Because a United are shit and Sky and all the other twats can't stand to see little City on top ! Did we win the domestic treble last year ? Or did I dream it !! We got no credit at all ! Or for the year before with 100 points and goals and all the other records we broke ! If that was United Sky TV would have made a Hollywood movie ! feck them all ! We are Man City and they can relegate us back to League 2 but we will still be there ! CTID

I wonder what his opinion is on Lee Mason reffing City v Liverpool in 2013/14. 
Or his opinion on City fans pelting the Man United bus with missiles a few years back.
Or his opinion on Sterling being called offside in that game whilst being 5 yards onside when they beat us 2-1 in 2013.
Or his opinion on all the articles from the likes of Martin Samuel and Stu Brennan defending City's cheating over the years.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m beginning to sound like a tin foil hat type, but...

Twitter and Facebook are marketing tools. They exist to market stuff, and ideas.  Given that an independent research body found that something like 80% of UKIP/Brexit posts were from bots and or false accounts, spreading misinformation and lies, it is not a major leap to assume that a Multi Billion £ PR project like ADFC includes a large budget for social media manipulation.
Abu Dhabi see the City project as a way to wash their image, they are playing to the tribalism of football fans and are no doubt behind the smears and outrage. Certainly there are real city fans who believe the bullshit and spread it around (statman Gaz) but we need to be aware of what is happening. That Heysel is trending is proof of this. It is not credible that club with a limited appeal in its own city, with a small international fan base and internet presence (look at the number of hits their parade video got and compare it to ours) is able to generate enough traffic on Twitter to get that hashtag trending.  At worst it shows their PR people will stop at nothing to manage the reputation of a despotic regime.

Yeah, could see your point if it was only City fans tweeting it. But it isn't, it's all the LFC haters. Even Gary Lineker is at it.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
Tony Evans talking utter shite as usual.

‘I've always been wary about Financial Fair Play. There is an element of ringfencing elite clubs. City's spending has not threatened the future of the club. The problem is, once rules are put in place, everyone is obliged to play by them. City have been caught breaking those rules’

Why stick up for City?! They’ve quite clearly flouted their fucking rules and been arrogant enough to think they have enough money to avoid being caught or having to face any repercussions. Whether you agree with the law in the first place is fucking irrelevant.

Absolutely mental. Defending the indefensible.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stopped taking notice of anything Tony Evans says or tweets a long time ago.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder how this will affect team morale over at their pit?  Their players haven't "cheated" in the way they have played, or by match fixing; but they're well aware that a fair chunk of their wages comes via "off the book" sources.

Apart from the fact they should be very nervous about being investigated individually, they all know they probably wouldn't be there but for Abu Dhabi's billions.

As for AD selling up, I'm not sure how that would stack up.  It's clearly a loss making venture that will collapse immediately if the financial plug is pulled. 

And what about the hedge fund that paid out $500m for a 10% stake?  Their investment just took a hell of a battering.  They either knew about this and were okay with it, or got conned by the same books City passed to the Premier League and UEFA.  Either way no hedge fund likes financial scrutiny so this will invite some rather unpleasant attention for them.

Only way a sellup works is through a phased financial withdrawal, like getting off heroin.  Fire sale on players - we'd have to assume they'd be happy to take a pay cut if they can get out of the UK before the taxman starts lurking; gradual reduction of sponsorship money over, perhaps, five years.  Selling the club for a quid to whichever shark fancies breaking it up for a profit will shred the club to pieces.

It's little wonder their fans are going ape.  They nailed their colours to the mast a long time ago, and their deepest fear is a return to obscurity.  They'll be going Full Alamo - at least the online brigade will. 

It's just good that the PR offensive in this country about poor, picked on City wont affect the CAS judgement.  And if CAS finds against them, will this independent body that Abu Dhabi have pinned their hopes on suddenly become a racist, corrupt, agenda driven part of the conspiracy as well?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Our mate Gaz.  ;D

Here's a stat for him: 100 percent of the teams not in the Champions League have never won it...

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Here's a stat for him: 100 percent of the teams not in the Champions League have never won it...

:lmao
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

‘I've always been wary about Financial Fair Play. There is an element of ringfencing elite clubs. City's spending has not threatened the future of the club. The problem is, once rules are put in place, everyone is obliged to play by them. City have been caught breaking those rules’

Why stick up for City?! They’ve quite clearly flouted their fucking rules and been arrogant enough to think they have enough money to avoid being caught or having to face any repercussions. Whether you agree with the law in the first place is fucking irrelevant.

Surely it's incorrect to say it's not threatened City's future.

Just by taking away the CL money they'd be making losses as a club. But then take away the 55 odd million a year the owner was falsely topping up (leaving it as 8million a year for Etihad) and they'd be making huge losses. It'd be difficult for them to pay the purported wages (let alone the secondary top up wages from elsewhere)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

You obviously missed this one from Tony then.

you can argue about FFP and whether it's the correct way to ensure a) competition or b) the long-term viability of clubs. But once rules are in place they should apply to everyone. You can't break them.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
What a time to be alive :)
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

you can argue about FFP and whether it's the correct way to ensure a) competition or b) the long-term viability of clubs. But once rules are in place they should apply to everyone. You can't break them.

He's saying the same thing in both. Expect in the non-tweet he claims City's future isn't at peril despite their huge financial commitments

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

That's how I read it, too. If you sign up to the rules, play by them instead of trying to look for conspiracies where none exist when you are caught breaking them..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:02:20 pm by Red Bird »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Shown himself up to be a total c*nt there.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

I didn’t miss it, he makes a similar point in the post I quoted.

But why even defend it? In any way? Why make the controversial point in the first place?

Manchester City have been funded by a sovereign state and cooked the fucking books which they’ve now thankfully been punished for. That’s it. End of conversation. His opinion on the rule is absolutely irrelevant.

It just smacks of him trying to please everyone.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They can request a quick hearing before the end of the season. The problem is if CAS finds against them then City can appeal to the Swiss or European courts. That can take a lot of time...

Taking it out of the established procedures into regular courts would be an interesting risk for them, it'd establish a precedent for doing that to deal with a football dispute, rest of the PL could do that to them for loss of earnings from lower finishing positions in the league, money from playing in europe etc.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

Wow.

Always liked him but that opinion has immediately changed.

Fucking gobshite.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Failing CAS, and the European Court, they'll take UEFA to the World Criminal Court in The Hague for fuck sakes.  ;D

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
So when do HRM tax investigators roll up to investigate the club accounts & player contracts/pay?

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"