Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 453854 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #7040 on: April 7, 2023, 08:44:30 pm »
I'm going solo, did the WWE Cardiff show on my own as well and it was brilliant craic, the atmosphere in the city before hand was like a football game and it's not everyday you get to strike up an in depth conversation about wrestling with actual real life people in the real world. People watching is half the fun too, I know they won't sell out but could imagine 90,000 wrestling fans having it's fair share of interesting characters!

Only shame is the fact it is Wembley, I've heard it's a bit soulless outside the ground.
How did you get tickets? From what I remember, it sold out ridiculously quick. Wanted to go Money in the Bank but that also sold out in a minute, then realised I'm actually flying to Turkey that day.

As for Wrestlemania 40, I still think Rock will screw Roman at some point, setting up a match in Philly. And in the meantime Jey will turn on him too, to fill out the time leading up to Mania. Rock said the other day he will back coming back soon so it's a matter of when, not if.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7041 on: April 7, 2023, 09:50:14 pm »
They have 25k pre-registered already, Eddie Hearn datanomics puts that at an expected crowd of 56k, and only UK & ROI could pre-register, so thats not counting international fans who will travel.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7042 on: April 7, 2023, 11:29:36 pm »
I'll definitely be getting tickets, just be intrigued by what sort of show it will be seeing that All Out is scheduled for the weekend after.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7043 on: April 7, 2023, 11:30:42 pm »
I'll definitely be getting tickets, just be intrigued by what sort of show it will be seeing that All Out is scheduled for the weekend after.

If it is Wembley I can say for sure that it will be a massive show, perhaps (probably) their biggest show ever

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7044 on: April 7, 2023, 11:52:26 pm »
Definitely thinking about it, only issue would be Ticketmaster are running it which means insane prices if you expect to be able to see the ring.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7045 on: April 8, 2023, 10:29:24 am »
Funnily enough I haven't watched for years, like since before Covid and I saw my mates on Insta posting about watching it so I found a stream just to watch Cody and Reigns and when Roman came out and the commentators were talking about how long he's had the belt and just before it I saw next year is number 40 my first thought was "fuck that, I'd have Roman keep it till then and THEN have Cody beat him. It would be huge." I'd love if they did that. I mean, I won't be watching any of it in between but if they do it, I'll watch that match again.

It's the obvious call for me, couldnt believe how many people overwhelmingly thought Cody was winning.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7046 on: April 8, 2023, 10:45:34 am »
How did you get tickets? From what I remember, it sold out ridiculously quick. Wanted to go Money in the Bank but that also sold out in a minute, then realised I'm actually flying to Turkey that day.

I got them through the presale and got the cheapest I could find, around £40. View of the action wasn’t great but still could see everything clearly on the giant screens and it was great being part of it. I don’t want to be paying upwards of £100+ for any wrestling event unless it was Mania which I’ll hopefully get to someday.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7047 on: April 8, 2023, 12:04:18 pm »
It's the obvious call for me, couldnt believe how many people overwhelmingly thought Cody was winning.

yup

With McMahon in charge no way an AEW talent was going over his pick

When Lesnar came in he jobbed (albeit spectacularly) to Cena, HHH....

It's always been so. Look at the Invasion

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7048 on: April 8, 2023, 12:28:00 pm »
yup

No, Cody will still go over. It just didn't make sense for him to instantly win. He needs to face more adversity, that's how you build up your hero beating the Big Bad...  what hero beats the final boss at the first try? Story wise it made sense... People are just impatient/don't trust the WWE (the latter I understand of course)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7049 on: April 8, 2023, 01:46:55 pm »
No, Cody will still go over. It just didn't make sense for him to instantly win. He needs to face more adversity, that's how you build up your hero beating the Big Bad...  what hero beats the final boss at the first try? Story wise it made sense... People are just impatient/don't trust the WWE (the latter I understand of course)

well it isn't "No" as it happened - he could have had the big Mania win. Would have worked just fine. Heyman said this too I think (what you said about Roman staying champ tho Heyman seemed in character)

Isn't Dashing gonna work with Brock given how Raw ended?

Brock joining the Bloodline seems a bit much

Just from the Zayn / Owens storyline of "us winning destroys the bloodline"
« Last Edit: April 8, 2023, 01:48:46 pm by ToneLa »

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7050 on: April 8, 2023, 01:54:34 pm »
yup

It's nothing to do with Vince. That finish was sorted weeks ago.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7051 on: April 8, 2023, 01:56:36 pm »
It's nothing to do with Vince. That finish was sorted weeks ago.

Shrug

Still happened

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7052 on: April 8, 2023, 01:59:15 pm »
Shrug.

I guess you never watched any WWE before 8 months ago then, therefore never enjoyed anything from the last 30 years that Vincr also booked

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7053 on: April 8, 2023, 02:02:14 pm »
Shrug.

I guess you never watched any WWE before 8 months ago then, therefore never enjoyed anything from the last 30 years that Vincr also booked

Vince of 30 years ago is far from the same as he is now. Now he is a senile, out of touch, alleged rapist. 30 years ago he was just an alleged rapist

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7054 on: April 8, 2023, 02:05:25 pm »
Correct.

He also didnt book Roman to win.

Wrestling fans are the most insane people on the planet I swear, the only set of fans of a tv show that feel they are absolutely entitled to a certain outcome or what they want to happen. I didnt want Tony to kill Christopher in the Sopranos, I didnt cry on the internet about it, I continued to watch the story.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7055 on: April 8, 2023, 02:16:05 pm »
Correct.

He also didnt book Roman to win.

Wrestling fans are the most insane people on the planet I swear, the only set of fans of a tv show that feel they are absolutely entitled to a certain outcome or what they want to happen. I didnt want Tony to kill Christopher in the Sopranos, I didnt cry on the internet about it, I continued to watch the story.

I mean Vince has been back it bits and pieces since January, but still I don't think Vince booked it.

I also think that a reason why wrestling fans complain so much about these sort of results in WWE (and it is specific for WWE) is because there's over a decade of evidence in WWE of booking decisions just being for no reason, and the story you are watching not paying off in any way. There's so many stories of scripts and finishes being changed and re-written 2 minutes before shows start. Something which everyone now expects will return with Vince being back

Even if the story does play out, there's a very good chance that they aren't going to get anywhere near as hot a moment as Main Event of WrestleMania to finish the story.

The reason why people complain about such results is because there is ample evidence to show that these results don't pay off

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7056 on: April 8, 2023, 02:23:35 pm »
Despite them making more money and selling out bigger arenas for big events than ever before.

And were still talking about it, 23 years since I watched Royal Rumble 2000 as a youngling.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7057 on: April 8, 2023, 02:35:07 pm »
Despite them making more money and selling out bigger arenas for big events than ever before.

And were still talking about it, 23 years since I watched Royal Rumble 2000 as a youngling.

Despite bleeding out TV viewers quicker than ever too. Business is good but it doesn't mean the booking is for the most part the last 15 or so years.

Business is so good they can make money despite booking, they get more money from TV rights deals and Saudi Arabia that tickets and merchandise. It's more a reflection of how good Nick Khan is at his job than anything.

Rumble 23 years ago was the first PPV I ever watched (after the fact but yeah), and then Mania 17 was the first one I watched live. To think it was all downhill from there  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7058 on: April 8, 2023, 03:21:57 pm »
Shrug.

Shrug

Shit on me before my argument

Are you this immediately rude always?

I refer you to the Voices of Wrestling podcast. They say Roman should have jobbed

I offer this just so my first honest contribution here in years isn't someone getting personal. The opinion exists - consider it without insulting me please.

Offline NightDancer

• Anny Roader
  • Bleep Bloop Bleep Bloop
« Reply #7059 on: April 8, 2023, 03:34:05 pm »

This is the only way to settle things in here.
What's your pleasure?

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7060 on: April 8, 2023, 04:12:22 pm »
The 177 page streak is under threat. We had a good run, one for the ages, it'll be talked about like Roman's some day.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7061 on: April 8, 2023, 04:23:47 pm »
Shrug

I refer you to the Voices of Wrestling podcast. They say Roman should have jobbed

I offer this just so my first honest contribution here in years isn't someone getting personal. The opinion exists - consider it without insulting me please.

Where was the insult?

Wrestling fans, eh? ;D

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7062 on: April 8, 2023, 07:27:54 pm »
Shrug

Nah, I think for the story it was good for Rhodes to lose looking back. As long as they actually go through with it, that is…

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7063 on: April 8, 2023, 11:01:01 pm »
In actual wrestling news, New Japan's "Sakura Genesis" show today was one of the best yet, with the main event challenger actually finishing the story. It made me a happy boy!

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #7064 on: April 9, 2023, 09:07:19 am »
It was obviously the right time for the story to end ;)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7065 on: April 9, 2023, 09:29:09 am »
Wrestling fans are the most insane people on the planet I swear,

Well, pro wrestling is the most absurd form of entertainment on the planet (in some ways), so that tracks.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7066 on: April 10, 2023, 10:34:25 pm »
What main event do you think they go with for Wembley?

FTR and CM Punk Vs The Bucks and Kenny (or some variation of Punk Vs Kenny and FTR Vs bucks)

MJF vs someone

Do they flood the card with British guys like Will Ospreay.

Sting Vs Goldberg retirement match

The craziest thing is All out is only a couple of weeks later so this won't be a Mania style show even though it should be

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7067 on: April 10, 2023, 11:26:22 pm »
Golden Lovers vs FTR plz

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #7068 on: April 11, 2023, 12:02:27 am »
Do UK wrestling fans have a huge attachment to British wrestlers, generally?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7069 on: April 11, 2023, 12:27:53 am »
We love a "hometown hero" of course but have been conditioned to not be used to seeing them succeed (in terms of the top titles) on the international stage as of late. I was super proud of Ospreay and the BritWres scene in general when he became IWGP World champion two years ago.

I expect Ospreay, Zack Sabre Jr, PAC, Jamie Hayter, Saraya et all to be over as fuck at Wembley as we try to show our love.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7070 on: April 11, 2023, 11:29:36 am »
I think either Omega vs Ospreay 3 after they wrestle at Forbidden Door, or if they get Punk back, something with him vs the Elite.

But my feeling is that Omega beats Ospreay again at FD, but only just, and then Ospreay finally gets the pin on him at All In and blows the non-existent roof off the place.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7071 on: April 11, 2023, 11:54:56 am »
I feel ZSJ vs Danielson happens at Wembley for sure

I mean Zack himself said he won't wrestle Danielson in America, but I can see Wembley and Tokyo Dome having them face each other

Ospreay will be there, against Omega makes most sense although I feel Omega may do something else (maybe Golden Lovers). I can see perhaps Ospreay vs White or Ospreay vs Moxley.

I could possibly also see MJF facing one of the Adams in this show (Page or Cole) and then losing the title to the other one at All Out (or maybe at Wembley, this is going to be their biggest show so far after all)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:57:10 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7072 on: April 11, 2023, 12:02:55 pm »
PAC will of course be in a big match. Perhaps have him win TNT title, or ROH title

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7073 on: April 11, 2023, 12:48:38 pm »
The fact that it's All In and not a regular AEW PPV gives them a bit of scope to mix things up too, it can kind of sit outside the main storylines and they can bring in loads of outside talent if needed.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7074 on: April 11, 2023, 12:58:58 pm »
The fact that it's All In and not a regular AEW PPV gives them a bit of scope to mix things up too, it can kind of sit outside the main storylines and they can bring in loads of outside talent if needed.

Yep absolutely

I can see them for sure having Mercedes Moné somewhere on the card if she is still on the scene. I can see perhaps Sting and Goldberg in some form of retirement match.

I hope to Christ they don't use Nick Aldis - despite being a UK wrestler the guy is just hot trash who used NWA to try and convince the world he was more of a star than he is

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7075 on: April 11, 2023, 01:06:25 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/12ifggn/price_range_for_aew_all_in_at_wembley/

Price range of All In tickets - between £30 and £500. Seems pretty standard honestly

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7076 on: April 11, 2023, 03:33:24 pm »
Just a point in the price range - £30 seats will be right in the rafters of course, but if anyone else has been to Wembley, you'll probably know that even right in the rafters, you have a pretty damn good view of the pitch. So I am guessing even the £30 seats will be pretty damn decent seats

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7077 on: April 11, 2023, 03:35:51 pm »
It's a bit of a shambles for me and the missus because I'm over 6ft and she's 5'2 or something.  So I'd be fine pretty much anywhere but if we were to get seats really close to the ring, she might have a bit of a nightmare seeing what's going on.

Really interested to see the layout for this.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7078 on: April 11, 2023, 03:38:11 pm »
It's a bit of a shambles for me and the missus because I'm over 6ft and she's 5'2 or something.  So I'd be fine pretty much anywhere but if we were to get seats really close to the ring, she might have a bit of a nightmare seeing what's going on.

Really interested to see the layout for this.

I'm going with my mate, and I'm probably going to look for lower tier of the stands - somewhere that has a bit of elevation, but still close-ish to the ring

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #7079 on: April 11, 2023, 03:43:51 pm »
I'm going with my mate, and I'm probably going to look for lower tier of the stands - somewhere that has a bit of elevation, but still close-ish to the ring

Yeah that was my thinking too.  Really hyped for this, hope they sell it out.