Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1070090 times)

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #26720 on: May 15, 2023, 12:57:13 pm »
Re: Kelleher, For ROI Bazunu has been number 1 as he is playing first team football. There is the feeling that Kelleher is the better keeper in Ireland yes, but thats only down to the fact that Bazunu has kind of plateau'd a little bit, rather than Kelleher being outstanding when he has stood in. He has been ok, but not entirely convincing.

He is world class with his feet, I don't think there is a better keeper out there with the ball at his feet, he is that good. He is also remarkably cold blooded, with a fantastic temperment. But it would be interesting to see him in a team where he faces alot of shots week in week out, his shot stopping is ok but largely untested. For that reason, I think it would be risky for any side to be spending more than 20million on him.

The likes of Brentford and Brighton who play out from the back and emphasise utilitsing the keeper as a sweeper when needed, would suit Kelleher, but he really could go either way, could be a world class keeper or quickly find himself as second choice at a club outside of Liverpool.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #26721 on: May 15, 2023, 01:00:47 pm »
Really want to see us add Gravenberch this summer on top of maybe 2 high profile midfield signings.

If we managed to sign Gravenberch for around 25million it would prove to be a masterstroke, he has huge potential. Sounds like hyperbole but there is not a huge amount between himself and Bellingham in the talent stakes, I reckon Klopp would turn him into a world class player.

Would also be fantastic if we somehow managed to prise Tchouameni away from Madrid this season, would be a game changer.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #26723 on: May 15, 2023, 01:19:54 pm »
@AndyNaylorBHAFC:

- The way the rest of the season pans out will have a significant impact on Mac Allister’s future plans. He WANTS to play Champions League football if he leaves Brighton this summer

It's not true that Mac Allister will only leave for a club in the champions league. - @GerGarciaGrova

;D

As ever, if they don't want to play for Klopp, they will have to jog on anyway

I reckon our main plans are fairly solid. If we happened to pinch CL qualification it may help us later in the transfer window, mind.

The bigger issue is lack of partial investment, that is oven read to go now, as we approach June.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline BigRedFeetBed

• Main Stander
« Reply #26724 on: May 15, 2023, 01:38:22 pm »
I would be very surprised if we sell Kelleher without a clause to buy back or a sell on fee. I would say he has had a conversation with LFC regarding moving on so he can get some first team football and who can blame him. He is stuck behind one of, if not, the best in the world. That being said, he is exactly the sort of keeper we'd be looking at as a number 2 which is why I think there will be one or more clauses alongside his contract, including possibly one that states he cannot play against us.
I know there are some who are saying we will never get £35m for him, however, prices aren't slowing off or peaking. You only have to look at Enzo and Mudryk prices to see that. I personally think he is worth a £35m price tag and if needs be, negotiate when it comes to trying to secure acquisitions coming the other way. You only have to look at Chelsea to understand that there are some clubs out there that WILL pay that for him. Maybe not Brighton, but it does make bargaining a lot easier when it comes to their players in my irrelevant opinion.

I wholeheartedly agree that we need some substantial reinforcements this summer but I still believe there are surprises afoot and a leftfield signing is always something the club are clever at keeping very close to their chests. I agree there may be some truth in the fact we could be looking at a couple of the Brighton players but I also wouldn't be surprised to see us also going to Leicester, Southampton, Leeds etc for some bench bargains too (including a back up keeper, like for instance Meslier). If 50% pay cut rumours surrounding Leicester are true, we may be able to bulk our squad out with some legs whilst not breaking the bank on silly wages, and instead base alongside performance related incentives. Before anyone says that we shouldn't be looking at relegated players, Andy Robertson hasn't done too bad and was an absolute bargain.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26725 on: May 15, 2023, 01:40:24 pm »
@AndyNaylorBHAFC:

- The way the rest of the season pans out will have a significant impact on Mac Allister’s future plans. He WANTS to play Champions League football if he leaves Brighton this summer

It's not true that Mac Allister will only leave for a club in the champions league. - @GerGarciaGrova

;D

You see I don't look at these things as black and white.

A player may be approached by several teams and lots of factors will weigh on the scales of who they want to sign for. So while CL footie is not a deal breaker one way of another, it does add weight to either side of the scales.

Which is pretty normal.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #26726 on: May 15, 2023, 01:43:05 pm »
<<<Harvey Barnes would be good for a low fee/quite low wages.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #26727 on: May 15, 2023, 01:46:42 pm »

If we are taking someone from Leicester I'd rather it be Dewsbury-Hall.

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26728 on: May 15, 2023, 01:49:02 pm »

We are desperate for cover on that left wing.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #26729 on: May 15, 2023, 01:50:34 pm »
Re: Kelleher, For ROI Bazunu has been number 1 as he is playing first team football. There is the feeling that Kelleher is the better keeper in Ireland yes, but thats only down to the fact that Bazunu has kind of plateau'd a little bit, rather than Kelleher being outstanding when he has stood in. He has been ok, but not entirely convincing.

He is world class with his feet, I don't think there is a better keeper out there with the ball at his feet, he is that good. He is also remarkably cold blooded, with a fantastic temperment. But it would be interesting to see him in a team where he faces alot of shots week in week out, his shot stopping is ok but largely untested. For that reason, I think it would be risky for any side to be spending more than 20million on him.

The likes of Brentford and Brighton who play out from the back and emphasise utilitsing the keeper as a sweeper when needed, would suit Kelleher, but he really could go either way, could be a world class keeper or quickly find himself as second choice at a club outside of Liverpool.
good with ball at his feet, Ederson is by far the best at that for me though

I do agree Kelleher is probably better than Bazunu at this stage, I think Bazunu has had a very poor season
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #26730 on: May 15, 2023, 01:52:32 pm »
He’s not good for us considering what he would cost. He has very little on ball value (doesn’t create enough off the dribble, isn’t a great passer, etc). If I remember correctly, there was an article from The Athletic earlier this year that talked about how reliant he is on give-and-goes to score.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26731 on: May 15, 2023, 01:53:09 pm »
The only two I’d take from Leicester are Kante and Mahrez but as it’s not 2016 anymore I’d suggest we should probably look elsewhere.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26732 on: May 15, 2023, 01:55:07 pm »
Maddison seems such a Spurs signing, bet they will enquire

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26733 on: May 15, 2023, 01:56:37 pm »
Kelleher has played 20 games for us in total, all clubs fans do it with certain players but think some people are seriously over valuing him.  He has been very good when called upon but don't think any club will be paying more than £25m for him.  There just isn't enough data at a high level of football for clubs to assess how good he really is.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26734 on: May 15, 2023, 01:59:28 pm »
Maddison seems such a Spurs signing, bet they will enquire

David Bentley.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26735 on: May 15, 2023, 02:04:19 pm »
Has to be a buy back clause. His prime years will coincide with Ali retiring. If he doesn’t live up to expectations then no dramas but I’d say he’s currently in the top 5/6 keepers in the league.

As I mentioned in the post above, fans of all clubs overestimate certain players.  He has made 4 league apperances for us so this is a very bold claim.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26736 on: May 15, 2023, 02:12:44 pm »
Brighton wanting Kelleher and getting Milner it's an indication for me that they are on the right path and they want to become a solid club, and not some one season wonder.

Yeah I reckon that’s spot on and they’ve had a lot of good things to say about Lallana - you’d think they’ll listen to him when it comes to recommendations
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #26737 on: May 15, 2023, 02:59:38 pm »
Are you being serious?
Yes.
It is a sexist, misogynistic phrase. Believe it or not many find this expression offensive.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #26738 on: May 15, 2023, 03:06:08 pm »
If we are taking someone from Leicester I'd rather it be Dewsbury-Hall.
My cousin got married there. Lovely place

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26739 on: May 15, 2023, 03:09:00 pm »

This thread somehow reminded of this scene   :lmao

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26740 on: May 15, 2023, 03:20:18 pm »
Bunch of stupid motherfuckers!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26741 on: May 15, 2023, 03:33:41 pm »
Yes.
It is a sexist, misogynistic phrase. Believe it or not many find this expression offensive.
But do you find it offensive?

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #26742 on: May 15, 2023, 03:34:40 pm »
Yes.

No it isn't. In British English, it is very nearly always referring to a male, with notable exceptions like Margaret Thatcher, who was a c*nt.

More importantly, you can't expect to come onto a forum with thousands and thousands of people and expect to gatekeep it according to your ideals, particularly with regard to a word which is perfectly harmless in the context of its natural biome, which this forum is. It's frankly ridiculous.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26743 on: May 15, 2023, 03:38:26 pm »
It's also Samie. Why yo taking that dickhead seriously?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26744 on: May 15, 2023, 03:49:16 pm »
Bunch of stupid motherfuckers!

People who dabble in a bit of incest will be offended Samie

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26745 on: May 15, 2023, 03:52:22 pm »
But do you find it offensive?

Its highly offensive in the US (as i found out!)…over here its a term of endearment for some.  ;D

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26746 on: May 15, 2023, 04:03:19 pm »
I've asked him twice now if he personally finds it offensive, and he's still not answered me.

If he's so offended, he should just say "I find it offensive".

Then we can all tell the c*nt to fuck off.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26747 on: May 15, 2023, 04:40:16 pm »
People aren’t bickering about things they could just let slide are they?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #26748 on: May 15, 2023, 05:01:23 pm »
misogyny
mĭ-sŏj′ə-nē
noun

Hatred or mistrust of women.Hatred of women.Hatred of women. Contrast misandry.

Calling someone a c*nt isnt mysogyny in itself. Unless the context of the language and its use is directed as such. The term c*nt is variable, in the US it may be seen a mysogyny as the Americans are frankly weird. Its okay to shoot up a school, but hey dont call the shooter a c*nt. In the UK its used as a term of enderarment, esp if your wife is from Nottingham which mine is. Aye up ye c*nt.

Anyne who is offended by the word should be aware of context first and foremost before throwing out accusations. From my perspective what Samie wrote was neither mysogyny nor insult. Merely exclamation that was wholly appropriate.

As an aside to the above, my brothers and I were booted out of a bar in that USA for the way we slagged each other off in a typical british way. Yet the fact that when a black dude left the bar prior to this, the others in the bar started slagging off the N***** in those terms and that was fine. Go figure.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:04:17 pm by boots »
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26749 on: May 15, 2023, 05:18:13 pm »
Alright. Get lost with the what is and isn’t offensive stuff. There’s a game on presently, when it reopens it’d be nicer to read if we just get along.