Author Topic: LGBTQ Gang  (Read 7026 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
LGBTQ Gang
« on: June 23, 2021, 11:17:32 pm »
As a fairly recently came out bisexual knobhead I would like a space for the community to chat, I’m sure there are dozens (dozens!) of us on here and I don’t think it’s been done before?

(Oh and I’m sure I don’t need to say it really but no transphobia here please.)

Happy Pride Month :wave

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LGBTQ Gang
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:24:12 am »
I’m a boring hetro but it’s no bad thing to see a thread like this so fair play to ya.

I am shocked though to see you only came out as a knobhead now. :D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:14:31 am »
Happy Pride Month to you too!

I'm straight, but my sister is gay and my bestie is a bi woman, as indeed are most of my female friends, so this is an issue close to my heart. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 09:28:05 am »
Good to have this thread.
Though straight and boring, I've been raising a voice for LGBTQ rights all my life.
I had some friends as a kid that were suffering terrible injustices and oppression.
It did not get much better as time went along.
If there's one thing I can't stand it's opression and prejudice.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 09:57:39 am »
Happy pride month :wave

Also a hetero, but I know and have known people who are a part of the community. I just try to bring my kids up to understand and accept that people are free to be who they are without prejudice.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2021, 12:26:09 pm »
As a fairly recently came out bisexual knobhead I would like a space for the community to chat, I’m sure there are dozens (dozens!) of us on here and I don’t think it’s been done before?

Happy Pride Month :)

I think it's great that kids are learning about inclusion and acceptance.

When I was a kid, we were not-so-much taught that this was 'bad', but that was the feeling you got from the media and society at the time, so when I was a kid I did indeed think that it was 'bad'

But then life happens, you meet tons of people around the world with different opinions and views and lifestyles and they are decent enough and you think "Well, that was a load of shit then" and then just get on with it, taking people how they come. As said been said, a lot of the problems that happen in this world would be solved by people reading, travelling and thinking..

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2021, 01:13:22 pm »

Happy Pride Month fellow bi. Great idea to have a thread like this especially for anyone who needs support.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 03:11:09 pm »
My teenage niece has just come out as bi too, she seems to have a great set of supportive friends which is really reassuring to see, I can't imagine what it was like for kids like her when I was at school and I am so proud of her.

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 04:54:04 pm »
Congrats on coming out, Sian. Hope everyone around you has been supportive :)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 05:06:18 pm »
My teenage niece has just come out as bi too, she seems to have a great set of supportive friends which is really reassuring to see, I can't imagine what it was like for kids like her when I was at school and I am so proud of her.

I love hearing how much easier it is for kids in certain places coming out these days. I think having support around you is so important, and I wish your niece all the very best. Love who you love, it's really not that complicated.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 05:29:51 pm »
Nice thread to see pop up on RAWK (why should that be a surprise though!?  :)) and congratulations Sian.  Happy Pride Month to everyone.

Some of my favourite (musical) artists at the moment are communicating from LGBTQ+ perspectives, which can only be a good thing.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 06:22:01 pm »

Well in Sian! Hope this thread goes really well and builds a great community within rawk.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 09:30:07 pm »
I love hearing how much easier it is for kids in certain places coming out these days. I think having support around you is so important, and I wish your niece all the very best. Love who you love, it's really not that complicated.

Indeed, and thank you on her behalf!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 11:48:57 am »
Happy Pride month and agree with everyone in here who’s said Congrats on coming out, Sian.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 11:54:23 am »
My niece came out a few years ago after struggling for years with it all. She chose my younger brothers wedding to tell her 2 uncles and did so before she even told her Dad (Who’s an arse) Made me proud that she knew we’d be sound about it all. She’s doing a lot better now she’s living the life she always wanted to.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 01:11:17 pm »
Great idea for a thread,thinking about it perhaps we should have had one years ago but better late than never.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 01:56:12 pm »
There'll be a few others on here who like me can remember when being gay was a criminal offence punishable by prison, though only if you're male.

Thankfully we've come along way in the last 55yrs though there's still work to be done.

Congratulations to everyone who've had the courage and the support to come out and join the rainbow family.

Maybe in another 55yrs we'll have no need to have Pride events but in the meantime......

Happy Pride Month 🌈

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
Happy pride month!! 🧡💛💚💙💜💖
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 08:18:30 pm »
There'll be a few others on here who like me can remember when being gay was a criminal offence punishable by prison, though only if you're male.

Thankfully we've come along way in the last 55yrs though there's still work to be done.

Congratulations to everyone who've had the courage and the support to come out and join the rainbow family.

Maybe in another 55yrs we'll have no need to have Pride events but in the meantime......

Happy Pride Month 🌈
I remember when I was about 12 or 13 (almost 50 years ago) my older brother confided in me that he was Gay.

It was a good few years later before he told my Parents and although they never gave him the cold shoulder it just wasn't talked about and he never brought any friends home, was always welcome at my house. 

Sadly he's no longer with us as being young & Gay back in the 70's and 80's and not being careful was a gamble.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 10:00:49 pm »
I remember when I was about 12 or 13 (almost 50 years ago) my older brother confided in me that he was Gay.

It was a good few years later before he told my Parents and although they never gave him the cold shoulder it just wasn't talked about and he never brought any friends home, was always welcome at my house. 

Sadly he's no longer with us as being young & Gay back in the 70's and 80's and not being careful was a gamble.

I'm sad to hear that mate, unfortunately we've lost far too many from that era.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 11:41:56 pm »
Congrats on coming out, Sian. Hope everyone around you has been supportive :)

They have! I told my fella first a good few months back (obviously!), he still loves me because he's boss, and I came out to most other people a few days ago. Just the parents left now.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 11:45:48 pm »

Ah Pheeny I'm sorry x

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2021, 12:18:22 am »

Sorry to hear that mate. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2021, 12:25:11 pm »

I don't know if I ever knew this mate. Extremely sad. To this day I find it incomprehensible the way governments and even healthcare treated gay men (predominantly but not exclusively, of course). We owe that generation an awful lot. The advances in medicine since are really remarkable. I'm sorry your brother didn't get the chance to see it, but I'm glad he was always welcome at yours. Something not everyone could count on. I'm sure he appreciated it more than you know.

They have! I told my fella first a good few months back (obviously!), he still loves me because he's boss, and I came out to most other people a few days ago. Just the parents left now.

Ahh, that's great to hear. Your fiancé sounds like a proper good egg :). Hope all goes well with your parents when the time comes.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2021, 01:28:31 pm »
The lass I'm into is bi and aromantic and she's told me some horror stories and I feel veeeery fortunate as yet another white cishet dude

not just from "straight" folk. Lesbians telling her she can't be bi, others saying why isn't she pan etc. Plus the usual female litany of fellas shouting from vans (has that ever worked?)

Some of them hung up too much on the label than the life to lead. Me an her, we happy and I don't "romanticise" anything we just make eachother happy. It isn't a "cishet" thing it's a me and her thing and when you care about someone, they become real to you in such a way you'd accept them no matter what

And that's what it's about and what I wish these people "against" not being yet another boring square straight person would get:

EVERYBODY DESERVES TO BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE THEY LIKE/LOVE/WHATEVER

IT IS THEIR BUSINESS NOT YOURS

Ain't no reason to stand against this. What kind of psychopath would you need to be?

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 07:09:59 pm »
Bi can be very difficult.  There seems to be a misconception that because someone finds themself sexually attracted to both (traditional) genders, then it's impossible for them to be in a committed relationship with one or the other - as if they simply MUST have sex (or at least, romantic relations) with both or they'll die of a heart attack or something.

I've got bi female friends who have had this shit from gay partners.  It seems to lead to some kind of primal insecurity/jealousy. It's stupid.  Of course bi people can be in a committed relationship - it just means that they have way more options :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2021, 07:10:05 pm »
The lass I'm into is bi and aromantic and she's told me some horror stories and I feel veeeery fortunate as yet another white cishet dude

not just from "straight" folk. Lesbians telling her she can't be bi, others saying why isn't she pan etc. Plus the usual female litany of fellas shouting from vans (has that ever worked?)

Some of them hung up too much on the label than the life to lead. Me an her, we happy and I don't "romanticise" anything we just make eachother happy. It isn't a "cishet" thing it's a me and her thing and when you care about someone, they become real to you in such a way you'd accept them no matter what

And that's what it's about and what I wish these people "against" not being yet another boring square straight person would get:

EVERYBODY DESERVES TO BE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE THEY LIKE/LOVE/WHATEVER

IT IS THEIR BUSINESS NOT YOURS

Ain't no reason to stand against this. What kind of psychopath would you need to be?
That's great to hear ToneLa, lots of people completely disbelieve in the concept of being bi. We're told that we're confused or just greedy when in reality like you've said it all boils down to a me and you thing. Most women will have horror stories about our interactions with cishet men but it really does feel like there is a change and hopefully men like you keep educating your friends/family about these types of behaviours.

I wish you and your gf many happy years ahead.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2021, 07:34:38 pm »
I was listening to a radio broadcast on all Irish radio when all stations gave a poem at the same time to celebrate Pride week but it said LGBTQI+

What is the I+ please?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2021, 07:44:16 pm »
I was listening to a radio broadcast on all Irish radio when all stations gave a poem at the same time to celebrate Pride week but it said LGBTQI+

What is the I+ please?

I think Intersex. I could be wrong.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 07:46:45 pm »
I went to a mixed sex Liverpool comprehensive school in the 70’s and I swear there was not a single kid that ever came out. Not one in the whole time I was there. Understandable really as given the times they would have been bullied and hounded mercifully no doubt.

My friends 19 year old son came out recently and I said to my mate who was worried for him that there’s never been a better time to be gay.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2021, 07:48:38 pm »
I think Intersex. I could be wrong.

Intersex?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2021, 07:55:05 pm »
The definitions for LGBTQ are quite clear.

But there are people who aren't LBGTQ. I am not sure what that means. And they are the I in the LGBTQI+.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2021, 08:04:41 pm »
One of my closest friends is gay. He is scared to come out out of fear of being shunned by his family. Conservative background and orthodox practices and stuff.

He tells that his dad is 85. And he would rather see his dad, in his possibly last years, being happy and smiling and talking rather than the polar opposite.

Coming from a similar background myself, I see his point. But if his dad lives to be 105, that's another 20 years from today. How much time would he have lost in pretending something he is not?!?

I feel bad for him and his dad at the same time. We just avoid talking about this topic as we both know there is no solution to it because, at 85, his dad is not going to change his mindset.

I see pride month and the likes as a method to show every single human that it's the acceptance that the LGBTQ community rightfully wants and wholeheartedly deserves.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2021, 08:04:52 pm »
The definitions for LGBTQ are quite clear.

But there are people who aren't LBGTQ. I am not sure what that means. And they are the I in the LGBTQI+.

Hermaphrodite maybe, Intersex term?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2021, 08:07:45 pm »

That thought crossed my mind to be honest. Maybe that's what they are referring to by Intersex. I am not sure.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2021, 08:10:11 pm »

From Google

Intersex is a general term used for a variety of situations in which a person is born with reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't fit the boxes of “female” or “male.” Sometimes doctors do surgeries on intersex babies and children to make their bodies fit binary ideas of “male” or “female”.

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2021, 09:17:02 pm »
Happy pride

Congrats on coming out Sian, my daughter came out as Bi a few years ago to us shes 17 now.
She had been through a lot off bullying and shit in school and had tried an overdose.
Happy to say she is doing great now but suffers from bad anxiety from it all.
I wind her up all the time about being greedy, tho it did confuse me a couple of years ago when her bf at the time was a trans boy. ;D

Offline Juan Kerr

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2021, 09:21:14 pm »
That's great to hear ToneLa, lots of people completely disbelieve in the concept of being bi. We're told that we're confused or just greedy when in reality like you've said it all boils down to a me and you thing. Most women will have horror stories about our interactions with cishet men but it really does feel like there is a change and hopefully men like you keep educating your friends/family about these types of behaviours.

I wish you and your gf many happy years ahead.
Just read this maybe i've been wrong to wind my daughter up about being greedy would appreciate you're perspective if thats ok?

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2021, 09:22:01 pm »
Intersex?

"Intersex people are individuals born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones or genitals that, according to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".[1][2] "

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2021, 09:51:42 pm »
I went to a mixed sex Liverpool comprehensive school in the 70’s and I swear there was not a single kid that ever came out. Not one in the whole time I was there. Understandable really as given the times they would have been bullied and hounded mercifully no doubt.

I know what you mean,Other than my brother I never knew a single Gay person when I was growing up which is highly unlikely.

I also served 12 years in the RAF and knew no one that came out, although I do know a couple who have since they left the Military.

Thankfully the Military has tried to move with the times and I do know a few that have come out, two couples are in fact married one pair are a Brit/Belgian female couple and the other are a US Army male couple.