Author Topic: The 2020 Formula 1 Thread  (Read 146717 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The 2020 Formula 1 Thread
« Reply #3600 on: December 31, 2020, 05:13:29 pm »
Find it weird people defending him for tax dodging, he pays some tax, so what he doesn't pay the same percentage as the generally low paid key workers he was so keen "to be seen" to champion.

Putting aside the knighthood talk, I agree this is weird. He is avoiding tax, not evading, so in essence what he is doing is perfectly legal, and I know he must have the best CTAs and ACAs that money could buy so good for him but people have a right to call it out. They should call out everyone though

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #3601 on: December 31, 2020, 05:13:38 pm »
No sports people, entertainers, artistes, deserve knighthoods or MBEs or awards at all.  They get enough reward as it is.

Meanwhile, doctors, nurses, firemen, coppers, paramedics, coastguards, armed services, teachers, dinner ladies, medical researches......... I haven't seen the whole list so it's a genuine question, did any of the British people who developed the vaccine receive an award? 

Where's that stool so I can get down off this high horse?
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3602 on: December 31, 2020, 07:00:39 pm »
Does anyone know approximately how much he avoids in UK taxes by living in Monaco? Roughly?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3603 on: December 31, 2020, 07:02:54 pm »
Does anyone know approximately how much he avoids in UK taxes by living in Monaco? Roughly?

He doesn't avoid tax though does he.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3604 on: December 31, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »
I don't think there's any income tax levied on residents of monaco by its government.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3605 on: January 1, 2021, 01:46:53 am »
I’d love to know how so many of you have access to Hamilton’s tax affairs?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3606 on: January 1, 2021, 12:23:36 pm »

You pay taxes based on where you live.  He lives in Monaco and pays taxes based on their rules, so he's not avoiding tax because he doesn't have a UK tax obligation.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3607 on: January 1, 2021, 01:17:18 pm »
It think the question I was asking was fairly obvious. I was wondering, with his current estimated earnings, how much tax would he pay if he lived in the UK.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3608 on: January 1, 2021, 01:17:49 pm »
You pay taxes based on where you live.  He lives in Monaco and pays taxes based on their rules, so he's not avoiding tax because he doesn't have a UK tax obligation.

Haha. Fuck me.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3609 on: January 1, 2021, 01:27:10 pm »
It think the question I was asking was fairly obvious. I was wondering, with his current estimated earnings, how much tax would he pay if he lived in the UK.

It's difficult to tell isn't it? He doesn't earn all of his money within the UK.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #3610 on: January 1, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »
Find it weird people defending him for tax dodging, he pays some tax, so what he doesn't pay the same percentage as the generally low paid key workers he was so keen "to be seen" to champion. Why not simply say yes he's a prick for not fully paying taxes but what a driver he is, easy enough.
Anyway, any sport where you can pay to "play" can't really be classed as a real sport, as someone said in here it is a hobby for rich people and boring as fuck to boot.
Nice of you to come into the Formula 1 thread to tell us that  ::)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3611 on: January 1, 2021, 04:59:18 pm »

We wil never know really. We can defo say millions due to his extreme wealth but even a rough figure is impossible

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3612 on: January 1, 2021, 05:20:00 pm »
£37.10

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3613 on: January 1, 2021, 05:29:25 pm »
£37.10
You're a bit late; Kesey has already counted his penny jar.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3614 on: January 1, 2021, 05:30:41 pm »
I thought we did away with the Accountants thread.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3615 on: January 1, 2021, 05:34:21 pm »

The sad irony is the NHS has been most underfunded in the North East above all other parts of the country, so these medics will no doubt be needed in the NE's own surge planning over the next few days and weeks.

I tried staying out of this topic I really did, but at this point I cant stop myself. May I politely suggest that if wealthy people actually stayed in this country and paid their fair share of taxes rather then fucking off to places like Monaco things like the NHS wouldn’t be so underfunded?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3616 on: January 1, 2021, 05:35:47 pm »
Lock in 3....2....1....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3617 on: January 1, 2021, 05:37:28 pm »
Lock in 3....2....1....

Well we do need a 2021 topic!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3618 on: January 1, 2021, 05:37:56 pm »
I tried staying out of this topic I really did, but at this point I cant stop myself. May I politely suggest that if wealthy people actually stayed in this country and paid their fair share of taxes rather then fucking off to places like Monaco things like the NHS wouldn’t be so underfunded?

Wait so rich people have to stay but if Karen down the road wants to move to Oz or the US that’s fine?

If I was minted I’d not live in the UK. Nothing to do with tax, everything to do with climate.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3619 on: January 1, 2021, 05:46:02 pm »
Wait so rich people have to stay but if Karen down the road wants to move to Oz or the US that’s fine?

If I was minted I’d not live in the UK. Nothing to do with tax, everything to do with climate.

Oz and US ain’t tax havens for one, how well has Karan done out of this country compared to a leading and very wealthy sportsman? Does Karan benefit commercially from the support that British people have given her that helps her earn the millions she does.

Thinking is overrated.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3620 on: January 1, 2021, 05:47:10 pm »
Oz and US ain’t tax havens for one, how well has Karan done out of this country compared to a leading and very wealthy sportsman? Does Karan benefit commercially from the support that British people have given her that helps her earn the millions she does.

Your point wasn’t about tax havens though - you said rich people should stay in this country and pay taxes.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3621 on: January 1, 2021, 05:49:33 pm »
Your point wasn’t about tax havens though - you said rich people should stay in this country and pay taxes.

‘Places like Monaco’ I’ll try and spell it out more clearly next time.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3622 on: January 1, 2021, 05:51:55 pm »

I'm guessing that as a black man Lewis Hamilton has had absolutely fuck all help from this country to get to where he is.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3623 on: January 1, 2021, 05:53:21 pm »
‘Places like Monaco’ I’ll try and spell it out more clearly next time.

Well I replied to this and you said they should stay in this country to pay taxes. It doesn’t matter if it’s Oz or Monaco, if they move they aren’t paying taxes here.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3624 on: January 1, 2021, 05:55:49 pm »

If companies paid their fair share of tax then the NHS wouldn't be underfunded or even better if the Gov didn't waste so much money on bullshit projects that go nowhere then the NHS wouldn't be underfunded.

In short it has fuck all to do with where a sports personality decides to live.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3625 on: January 1, 2021, 06:08:40 pm »
Well I replied to this and you said they should stay in this country to pay taxes. It doesn’t matter if it’s Oz or Monaco, if they move they aren’t paying taxes here.

Let’s not pretend the motivations for moving to somewhere like Australia and a tax haven are usually the same.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3626 on: January 1, 2021, 06:10:03 pm »
Let’s not pretend the motivations for moving to somewhere like Australia and a tax haven are usually the same.

Monaco is much safer for 1.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3627 on: January 1, 2021, 06:10:32 pm »

So if he moves to Australia and doesn’t pay taxes here you’re fine? Because that isn’t what you said.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3628 on: January 1, 2021, 06:12:18 pm »

Monaco is much safer for 1.

F1 drivers, bankers, tax exiles tend not to snatch purses, can’t argue with that!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3629 on: January 1, 2021, 06:13:35 pm »
I'm guessing that as a black man Lewis Hamilton has had absolutely fuck all help from this country to get to where he is.

I would respectfully disagree. The UK is nowhere near as bad for ethnic minorities as made out in my opinion and my personal lived experience.

This tax argument is rather circular. I think he is taking the piss,others have this Rob this England mentality. I don't think either camp are gonna change each others mind.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2021, 06:19:12 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3630 on: January 1, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »
So if he moves to Australia and doesn’t pay taxes here you’re fine? Because that isn’t what you said.

I can’t keep spelling everything out for you, agree or disagree that’s fine but I can’t argue over fucking semantics with you every time I post something.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3631 on: January 1, 2021, 06:16:19 pm »
I can’t keep spelling everything out for you, agree or disagree that’s fine but I can’t argue over fucking semantics with you every time I post something.

So why did you post again and restart the argument?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3632 on: January 1, 2021, 06:20:16 pm »
F1 drivers, bankers, tax exiles tend not to snatch purses, can’t argue with that!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3633 on: January 1, 2021, 06:21:02 pm »
I started a new thread...

Let’s leave 2020 bickering in there eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3634 on: January 1, 2021, 06:24:43 pm »
So why did you post again and restart the argument?

It never actually stopped to be fair, the debate (and that’s what it should be, argument is a bit strong for my liking) carried on without me!
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #3635 on: January 1, 2021, 06:35:03 pm »
He's brought in a lot more in than he's taken out
YNWA