Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension  (Read 887403 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2019, 12:51:05 pm »
I think they'll tweak it but it doesn't make financial sense and I still think you'd lose far more in character than you'd gain in numbers by redeveloping the Kop. It's not the old standing Kop - we all know that - but it still has a brooding menace with its low roof and the way it goes back into darkness.

They are very unlikely to do anything more with the KOP now.  That ship has sailed unfortunately.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2019, 12:51:56 pm »
Room or no room, I thought it was more a case of to ‘extend’ it you’d have to raise or rebuild the roof - which I can’t imagine would be able do whilst keeping the stand in use. Or rebuild the whole thing. Both costly and takes the stand out of use for a season or more.

If we had room I'd imagine we'd be able to add on to the back like we did the main, with the back and a new roof over the top done during the season, then in the summer remove the old roof, connect back to new rows and add in any additional rows each side to make it wider.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2019, 12:58:06 pm »
Credit facility we have (up to £150m - £56m was used in last accounts to end May 2018) only has 1.73% interest so it's pretty good.

Is due for renewal in Sept 2020 though.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »
Credit facility we have (up to £150m - £56m was used in last accounts to end May 2018) only has 1.73% interest so it's pretty good.

Is due for renewal in Sept 2020 though.
My guess is we are trying to protect our increased income and lowering our tax bill by carrying extra debt
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2019, 01:15:21 pm »
I was wondering how many would go to ST's. Couple of thousand, maybe? Something like that.

Would like to know the same. Financially it would make more sense to sell members tickets rather than season tickets.  More match day revenue, greater sales of merchandise etc.  On the ST waiting list so will watch with interest.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2019, 01:17:22 pm »
Nah, def won't do this.

Errrrr.....
Hate to say ‘I told you so’, BUT that lower tier looks remarkably similar to the present one :-)
...... restricted views an-all (maybe)

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2019, 01:20:24 pm »
Errrrr.....
Hate to say ‘I told you so’, BUT that lower tier looks remarkably similar to the present one :-)

What you on about? Your post that I disagreed with was....

Maybe the plan is to leave the current ARE as it is and just add a third tier with modern seating specifications on top.

Now if you can point out the 3rd tier on top of the current Anny Rd in that mock up then you're needing a visit to the opticians.

If you go and look at the other pics the current top tier totally goes. There is no overhang.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2019, 01:21:47 pm »
Errrrr.....

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Wheres the third tier you said they were going to add Geoff? Cant say you told someone something when what you told them hasn't come true.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2019, 01:21:48 pm »
Errrrr.....

Go and look at some other images and then delete this
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2019, 01:22:26 pm »
I think they'll tweak it but it doesn't make financial sense and I still think you'd lose far more in character than you'd gain in numbers by redeveloping the Kop. It's not the old standing Kop - we all know that - but it still has a brooding menace with its low roof and the way it goes back into darkness.

Modernise it a bit where possible, and convert it to safe standing (as and when that becomes an option). Capacity gain to be had there, with, you would assume, minimised cost in comparison with rebuilding etc. And you retain the character that you reference.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:24:33 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2019, 01:26:26 pm »
Wheres the third tier you said they were going to add Geoff? Cant say you told someone something when what you told them hasn't come true.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2019, 01:34:54 pm »
Modernise it a bit where possible, and convert it to safe standing (as and when that becomes an option). Capacity gain to be had there, with, you would assume, minimised cost in comparison with rebuilding etc. And you retain the character that you reference.

I’m not sure if the capacity of the Kop would increase with safe standing. It’s pretty much standing for most games already and it’s so tight in there.

I think safe standing allows for 3 people to stand where there are 2 seats? I might be making this up. But this is based on the size of seats in modern stadiums I believe. I just don’t see how you could squeeze another 5k into the kop as it currently stands.

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2019, 01:34:59 pm »
The most ridiculous thing about this post isnt that you think the club would build on top of the current stand but would give nearly 6.5k tickets to away fans for each game...

Your apologies are graciously accepted because these before and after pictures look EXTREMELY similar to what I said. ......
...... and I never said anything about giving seats to away fans. In fact I said to give them 1/2 of the restricted view seats in the current lower tier!
I’ve heard the pie is tasty..... you know the humble flavour :-)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2019, 01:37:23 pm »
Errrrr.....

Err... it is the same lower tier. It's not the lower tier that creates the letter box - its the deep overhang of the existing upper tier. The difference is that the new upper tier starts at the top of the existing lower tier and doesn't project over it. The current configuration is fixed because they didn't build over Anfield Road.

And there's no third tier, which is what you said they'd do. Everybody that took any interest knew that they were retaining the existing lower tier for the same reasons they retained the old Main Stand - there's no sense knocking down seats that are already there, especially when there are more seats per square metre than you'd get in a rebuild.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:41:14 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #254 on: November 29, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »
Your apologies are graciously accepted because these before and after pictures look EXTREMELY similar to what I said. ......
...... and I never said anything about giving seats to away fans. In fact I said to give them 1/2 of the restricted view seats in the current lower tier!

How about this one Geoffrey? Does this look as you said?

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2019, 01:41:56 pm »
Leave it Geoff

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2019, 01:44:33 pm »
If we had room I'd imagine we'd be able to add on to the back like we did the main, with the back and a new roof over the top done during the season, then in the summer remove the old roof, connect back to new rows and add in any additional rows each side to make it wider.

Yeah, could be done but you’d probably spend 50mil+ for a couple thousand extra non-profit seats if you did it. To be honest I have no idea what I’m talking about. Know a bit more than Geoff though.

Either way, I’m trying to get to grips with how eager I’ve been to see some 3D mockups of a big stand for three years and how excited I was this morning seeing them. Thank god my wife knows nothing of this secret life.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 01:49:21 pm by meady1981 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2019, 01:47:34 pm »
Yeah, could be done but you’d probably spend 50mil+ for a couple thousand extra non-profit seats if you did it. To be honest I have no idea what I’m talking about.

I mean if you could add on 3000 seats then you'd probably be looking at £3.5-4m ish a year added income (maybe towards £5m with other sales). Not particularly great and would certainly be more of an investment in the fans given what 3k extra voices on the kop could give.

Know a bit more than Geoff though.

Well yeah, you never go full Geoff.

Offline Richie69

• Benefits from 20:20 hindsight because he owns a time machine and a perfect decision making brain.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2019, 01:47:42 pm »
The Kop rebuild should absolutely wait until safe standing is approved.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2019, 01:49:24 pm »
I was wondering how many would go to ST's. Couple of thousand, maybe? Something like that.

Can anyone remember how many were taken off the ST waiting list when the new Main Stand opened? I think the expansion there was by 8,500 seats, but obviously a higher percentage of corporates than there will be in the Anny Road.

I'm number 4,000 on the list so I'm not holding out much hope of getting offered one with the expansion, but I'd hope to have one in the next ten years once it's all done.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: November 29, 2019, 01:51:10 pm »

I'd imagine they'll look at the Kenny before the Kop because you expand corporate and make way more money from that

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #261 on: November 29, 2019, 01:51:29 pm »
Can anyone remember how many were taken off the ST waiting list when the new Main Stand opened? I think the expansion there was by 8,500 seats, but obviously a higher percentage of corporates than there will be in the Anny Road.

Tad over 2k I think.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #262 on: November 29, 2019, 01:52:15 pm »
I'd imagine they'll look at the Kenny before the Kop because you expand corporate and make way more money from that

We're surely approaching max corp demand though I'd imagine, especially with adding more into the Anny.

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 29, 2019, 01:54:19 pm »
We're surely approaching max corp demand though I'd imagine, especially with adding more into the Anny.

Bigger function rooms for renting out and using as conference facilities and such

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #264 on: November 29, 2019, 01:56:28 pm »

Not even sure the Kop needs to be much bigger if Safe Standing comes in. The other stands could be bigger and more modern, but the Kop is still the Kop and that slope/light/noise etc still makes it the most intimidating.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #265 on: November 29, 2019, 02:12:57 pm »
I’m not sure if the capacity of the Kop would increase with safe standing. It’s pretty much standing for most games already and it’s so tight in there.

I think safe standing allows for 3 people to stand where there are 2 seats? I might be making this up. But this is based on the size of seats in modern stadiums I believe. I just don’t see how you could squeeze another 5k into the kop as it currently stands.

Safe Standing Roadshow suggest that a ratio of 1:1.8 is possible according to lower league regulations. Of course, I'm not sure how that translates to Premier League regs, and then comes the question you raise around space limitations of the existing structure, and finally, cost of conversion. On ratio's and possible additional capacity alone ,even if the ratio was more like 1:1.25, it would equate to an additional ~3k and a capacity on the Kop of ~15.5k.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: November 29, 2019, 02:14:39 pm »
I agree, but I think with the Anny, we're probably bringing the offsites inhouse, rather than adding more overall. I'm sure I've seen lots of offsite packages with seats in the Anny even after we opened the main.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 29, 2019, 02:19:49 pm »
Sure about that? I've only sat at the back of the lower Anny once (never again), but from memory there was about 2 quid off.

Yeah it's been a while since I was in there (and like you, never again!) but I just checked and it was £45!

It was years ago but now I'm angry about it all over again!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #268 on: November 29, 2019, 02:24:57 pm »
Yeah it's been a while since I was in there (and like you, never again!) but I just checked and it was £45!

It was years ago but now I'm angry about it all over again!

Just checked ours and it was £42 for that game. In the same season we also sat in lower Anny, just lower down (not restricted) and it was £45. So, £3 off.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Richie69

• Benefits from 20:20 hindsight because he owns a time machine and a perfect decision making brain.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2019, 02:26:55 pm »
Not even sure the Kop needs to be much bigger if Safe Standing comes in. The other stands could be bigger and more modern, but the Kop is still the Kop and that slope/light/noise etc still makes it the most intimidating.
Think it'll look weird when the Kenny / AR stands overshadows the Kop.

I'm seeing a huge banked stand like Dortmund, with a small increase in capacity but massive atmosphere improvement.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2019, 02:31:45 pm »
I agree, but I think with the Anny, we're probably bringing the offsites inhouse, rather than adding more overall. I'm sure I've seen lots of offsite packages with seats in the Anny even after we opened the main.

That would mean all 7k extra seats are general though, and they'd def said some will be corp.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2019, 02:39:00 pm »
Just checked ours and it was £42 for that game. In the same season we also sat in lower Anny, just lower down (not restricted) and it was £45. So, £3 off.

£3 and you might as well be sat there reading a book ;D

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2019, 02:41:23 pm »
£3 and you might as well be sat there reading a book ;D

The only game i've ever refused to go back up after half time. Absolutely no point. In the end one of the senior stewards told me I couldn't stay on the concourse, so I told him why I wasn't going back up - and he promptly moved me to a space in the disabled bays. I wonder how often that kind of thing happens there. Mad to think prior to the Main Stand redevelopment, that was the newest stand in the ground as well! Wheoever designed it wants shooting.
Twitter | Blog

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
The only game i've ever refused to go back up after half time. Absolutely no point. In the end one of the senior stewards told me I couldn't stay on the concourse, so I told him why I wasn't going back up - and he promptly moved me to a space in the disabled bays. I wonder how often that kind of thing happens there. Mad to think prior to the Main Stand redevelopment, that was the newest stand in the ground as well! Wheoever designed it wants shooting.

Bloody hell I didn't know that!

When I went it wasn't too bad second half when Liverpool attacked the kop end, because everyone sat down.  But I spent most of the first half checking Twitter to find out what was going on.

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2019, 03:00:02 pm »

I'm number 4,000 on the list so I'm not holding out much hope of getting offered one with the expansion, but I'd hope to have one in the next ten years once it's all done.

I think we moved 3000 places in the summer the Main Stand opened (it was 3500 between Sept 2011 and April 2017). Before the main stand opened we were shuffling along at about 30 places per season. Since April 2017 we've moved about 300 places on the list. At that rate we've got 5 or 6 seasons to wait (or 20-24 members sales days to suffer!!!!).

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2019, 03:28:34 pm »
Looks good. Not sure about that roof though.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2019, 04:10:57 pm »
When the new stand goes up then the seats in the main stand upper in the corner will be able to be in use.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2019, 04:12:39 pm »

The fuck are you on about? And you literally said give the whole lower tier to the away fans. It's in the post I quoted. Weird flex.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2019, 04:28:22 pm »
You’d assume away teams will get the minimum 3k after this. Not sure we’d be able to duck under like we currently do

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »
Looks fantastic. No complaints with that at all.

I would hope they might use this as an opportunity to double the £9 L-Postcode allocation, but I can't see that happening.