Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 676631 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« Reply #4280 on: June 15, 2014, 11:27:30 am »
Nah, looks good on him.
He's the anti-Rooney.

In more ways than one!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4281 on: June 15, 2014, 11:33:40 am »

I hate that so much, it's his worst attacking position by a distance but it's "ok" to play him there because he is fast and black,

WTF?  Hodgson may be a dinosaur tactics wise but I doubt the colour of Sterling's skin would have had any bearing on his decision to push him out wide.

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
« Reply #4282 on: June 15, 2014, 11:37:17 am »
That graphic that kept popping up on BBC in the studio which looked in the wrong proportions reminded me of.

poetry in motion

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #4283 on: June 15, 2014, 11:55:42 am »
According to redcafe he is a brainless speed merchant who lacks game intelligence, loses possession constantly and is very overrated  ;D :D ;D

Don't inbreed people
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4284 on: June 15, 2014, 01:26:39 pm »
He's going to be a superstar. 

He has everything ability-wise, he's been managed superbly and he has put the work in to improve and prove himself.

We have an absolute diamond in this boy.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4285 on: June 15, 2014, 01:33:08 pm »
Really should discuss the World Cup in the World Cup forum guys. There's an England thread.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4286 on: June 15, 2014, 01:33:29 pm »
According to redcafe he is a brainless speed merchant who lacks game intelligence, loses possession constantly and is very overrated  ;D :D ;D

Don't inbreed people
they rate welbeck as the better player the fools :) I'm not English but I was cheering them on last night, sterling and sturridge were running the show for them. Imagine if his shot in the first few mins had of went in. He was beating players so effortlessly last night too with his dribbling, he's gonna a worldie  8)

Ps.. Sorry 5th Benitez, only spotted your post after I posted mine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:35:03 pm by RedEire »
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4287 on: June 15, 2014, 01:59:22 pm »
Really should discuss the World Cup in the World Cup forum guys. There's an England thread.

Is that directed at all player talk aswell, or just people swaying off into the England team aswell as Sterling (or Rooney in his thread)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4288 on: June 15, 2014, 04:11:54 pm »
The Fail in saying-something-good-about-LFC-player shocker!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2658132/Brave-England-undone-curse-Mario-Balotelli-Roy-Hodgson-heart-Raheem-Sterling-comes-age-thriller.html

The relevant bit:

The more the game progressed, the more we recognised that the selection of Raheem Sterling was no gamble but a piece of irrefutable logic. In years to come, England  followers will speak of the torrid evening in Amazonas State as the night the boy came of age.
A dashing, darting, impish presence, he sought responsibility and used it admirably. The heart lifted in thrilling expectation each time he found himself on the ball. Whatever the rest of this World Cup has in store for England, Sterling will surely emerge as a major international talent.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4289 on: June 15, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »
Is that directed at all player talk aswell, or just people swaying off into the England team aswell as Sterling (or Rooney in his thread)
If you want to talk about Sterling at Liverpool, do so in here, the Liverpool Forum.

If you want to talk about Sterling at the World Cup do so in the World Cup forum.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: June 16, 2014, 12:52:48 am »
Ok..no one else is saying it , so I will................that haircut!!.....worked for James Brown I know...but...hmmm!...too many footballers with fashion victim haircuts these days....for me its there can be only four styles allowed...crew, good old fashioned short back and sides, floppy long haired south American style or big fuck off Afro.....oh! and one for the arl arses...the comb over.

Nothing wrong with the Dormund. A little modern for me but a great haircut
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4291 on: June 16, 2014, 03:08:15 am »
I dont wish to sound a party pooper but I cant help feeling that the massive hype that will now surround Sterling as 'England's great hope for the future' isnt likely to be very productive for Sterling. We have seen young England players hyped up before and then fail to develop to their potential - Walcott for instance. Personally I would have preferred if Sterling had kept below the radar for a while. Still this was always the risk of actually playing him.
TBF it's pretty hard to keep it a secret that you've got the new Iniesta, except this time with pace and goals.

Kidding...

Or am I?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:13:53 am by ElstonGunn »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: June 16, 2014, 04:26:14 am »
Progressed so much this year. The play and pass for Sturridge's goal is not something  he'd have managed even halfway through this season.

A genuine superstar in the making.

Iniesta (as above, not a bad shout) with searing pace, goals and assists.

His ceiling is the Ballon d'Or

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #4293 on: June 16, 2014, 12:44:20 pm »
TBF it's pretty hard to keep it a secret that you've got the new Iniesta, except this time with pace and goals.

Kidding...

Or am I?
Woah, woah woah.

You stealing my Iniesta comparison?  Or are you?

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: June 16, 2014, 11:17:55 pm »
Redcafe on Raheem Sterling

He and Rooney were the worst players on the pitch. Until Wilshere came on anyway.

Sterling will be a good PL player. Pace and decent passing ability/good final ball/scoring rate will see him achieve a lot in the PL. He will be at the level of a Frank Lampard/Gerrard/Rooney at best. But it wont be anything special at the highest level. He wont be close to Adnan in a couple of years. Adnan will be at the level of a Nedved/RVP etc. Maybe not the best in the world but in the tier just below the very best.

Liverpool fans totally overrate him just like they have overrate their team for the last 24.

If im brutally honest, i dont see it at all. Think hes no better than shaun wright-phillips was at his age.

:lmao

Clutching at straws there, boys. To be fair, some admit Sterling is streets ahead of Januzaj, others claim Sterling lacks vision, close control and ability, as shown by his pass to Rooney

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: June 17, 2014, 12:11:11 am »
Januzaj :lmao

He gets into a shite Man United team and apparently that makes him a world beater.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4296 on: June 17, 2014, 03:43:54 am »
The funniest thing about that post is that whoever wrote thinks Gerrard didn't do anything special at the highest level. When people are THAT stupid, it's best to ignore them.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4297 on: June 17, 2014, 03:50:18 am »
Doesn't Januzaj play for England? I thought that was his choice. I must have missed him when I looked at the squad sheet. Is he wearing No. 24 or higher?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #4298 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:03 am »
If im brutally honest, i dont see it at all. Think hes no better than shaun wright-phillips was at his age.
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Fair enough that some of them have some implacable, irrational partisan conviction that 'Adnan' is simply destined to become one of the world's great players, and fair enough that they poo-poo Gerrard's significance in the European game over all these years. I'm not even that bothered with a knowingly over-the-top "Sterling's fucking shit, my nan could do better" type deal. But that quote above seems like a genuine honest assessment from that person, and so is actually a bit scary in its insane cluelessness.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4299 on: June 17, 2014, 09:05:29 am »
They're so bitter.

Their tears taste great  :lickin .

The Lennon etc claims are absolutely hilarious. Sterling, at 19, has just had a significantly better, and more productive (goals and assists) season than the likes of Lennon have ever had.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4300 on: June 17, 2014, 09:06:43 am »
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Fair enough that some of them have some implacable, irrational partisan conviction that 'Adnan' is simply destined to become one of the world's great players, and fair enough that they poo-poo Gerrard's significance in the European game over all these years. I'm not even that bothered with a knowingly over-the-top "Sterling's fucking shit, my nan could do better" type deal. But that quote above seems like a genuine honest assessment from that person, and so is actually a bit scary in its insane cluelessness.
Both are fast and black. What else matters for a game of football? Like peas in a pod

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #4301 on: June 17, 2014, 09:36:58 am »
Doesn't Januzaj play for England? I thought that was his choice. I must have missed him when I looked at the squad sheet. Is he wearing No. 24 or higher?

he chose belgium I think but didn't make the cut

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #4302 on: June 17, 2014, 09:41:46 am »
he chose belgium I think but didn't make the cut

He did

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4303 on: June 17, 2014, 09:47:14 am »
They're so bitter.

Their tears taste great  :lickin .

The Lennon etc claims are absolutely hilarious. Sterling, at 19, has just had a significantly better, and more productive (goals and assists) season than the likes of Lennon have ever had.
Lennon almost 300 appearances and 27 goals,sterling is light years better than that speed merchant one footed headless chicken.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:23 am »
Lennon almost 300 appearances and 27 goals,sterling is light years better than that speed merchant one footed headless chicken.
But they're both black?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: June 17, 2014, 10:34:28 am »
If the lad can impress that well in the hole against one of the probable semi finalists of the WC then will he start playing there for us next season on a full time basis? The more you see him the more you want him involved in a game thus the more he may need to move centrally into the field  as his pace, vision & the potential behind the front line at 19 is immense. Coutinho might be getting more bench time next season....competition is great for the team.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4306 on: June 17, 2014, 10:37:16 am »
If I want to read what Redcafe think of Sterling, I'll visit Redcafe.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4307 on: June 17, 2014, 10:38:25 am »

Exactly, which other no mark team are we going to visit the forum of for comments about him - Norwich?

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4308 on: June 17, 2014, 10:49:51 am »
True

I just know Sterling was twisting Pirlo and Cheillini on saturday and Januzaj might not even start today.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #4309 on: June 17, 2014, 11:27:06 am »

And if you do you'll probably find that those comments are the exception, rather than the rule, from the myopic, bitter minority that all forums have.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: June 17, 2014, 11:32:24 am »
If the lad can impress that well in the hole against one of the probable semi finalists of the WC then will he start playing there for us next season on a full time basis? The more you see him the more you want him involved in a game thus the more he may need to move centrally into the field  as his pace, vision & the potential behind the front line at 19 is immense. Coutinho might be getting more bench time next season....competition is great for the team.

I think I like it as an option, as opposed to necessarily always using him there. Great surprise/fear factor, plus he can do damage from wide or central. His tracking back is good so might be necessary if we don't have an upgrade/a well settled full back. Conversely, we might find his wide play improves even more (especially crossing) if he has a good attacking full back to work with.

Possibilities are endless.
YNWA.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4311 on: June 17, 2014, 01:49:35 pm »
He's brilliant. I love how underrated he is by fans outside of our own.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4312 on: June 17, 2014, 01:54:45 pm »
Don't know about that most people I spoke to seem to love him... and why not? He's an exciting player who works hard for the team.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: June 17, 2014, 01:55:37 pm »
And if you do you'll probably find that those comments are the exception, rather than the rule, from the myopic, bitter minority that all forums have.

Still probably one or two that think the same on here

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: June 17, 2014, 02:20:21 pm »

If anything, it's the contrary.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4315 on: June 17, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »
Inexperience shows (obviously), but the fact that he's getting into good positions is encouraging. He grew into the game nicely and it was a great finish for the goal.

It's a shame he's so overrated and will definitely not have a future here.

Superb! Fantastic! Can we get a spotters badge for this man?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: June 17, 2014, 06:44:53 pm »
The sky is the limit with Sterling. Every time you doubt him he comes back with more brilliance. I actually thought Januzaj had more about him (what do I know eh?), mainly because of his creativity and passing but then Sterling comes back and illustrates his own wonderful passing and creativity, to go with his pace and dribbling.

I thought a few months ago he should use Marco Reus as a benchmark in terms of what player to try to aim for. With his level of progression though, he should now probably be looking beyond that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:46:40 pm by killer_heels »

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #4317 on: June 17, 2014, 06:58:52 pm »
The sky is the limit with Sterling. Every time you doubt him he comes back with more brilliance. I actually thought Januzaj had more about him (what do I know eh?), mainly because of his creativity and passing but then Sterling comes back and illustrates his own wonderful passing and creativity, to go with his pace and dribbling.

I thought a few months ago he should use Marco Reus as a benchmark in terms of what player to try to aim for. With his level of progression though, he should now probably be looking beyond that.

That's the thing will all young players, no matter how talented (well, unless they're Messi and freakshows by the time they're 20), they'll have marked peaks and troughs in form. Within the space of 6 months last season, Sterling went from looking like a player who needed a loan in the Championship to looking every bit a deserving starter in arguably the best attacking side in the division, with hardly any under 20 player near his standard of performances.

If this kid can go onto become as consistently top class as Marco Reus is, it'd be amazing. Sterling can definitely become that level of player, IE, one of the best in the world in his position. Beyond Reus? Its tough to say. At some point in the next year or two, he'll need to make another massive jump like he made last year. Reus's don't grow on trees you know, if he exceeds that level in a few years, he could be Ballon D'or material. He might very well be  :D . To the older reds, has there been this much excitment about a young prospect at the club since Gerrard ?

Also, can we sign Reus? :lickin
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #4318 on: June 17, 2014, 07:42:06 pm »

I don't see the Reus comparison. Reus and Sterling are quite different in their likening to eachother. Reus has a different build and skill-set to Sterling. He's taller and isn't super quick like Sterling. Reus relys more on his amazing balance and quick change of direction, when beating a player.

Hazard would be a more alike comparison for Sterling. Both small, nimble and possess great speed.

He should aim to reach his level in a few seasons time.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4319 on: June 17, 2014, 08:04:47 pm »
I don't see the Reus comparison.
And I don't see the obsession with comparing him to Januzaj, different type players the only thing in common in their age and hype.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.