Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 676612 times)

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« Reply #3960 on: June 4, 2014, 09:55:45 pm »
It was reckless and a clear yellow but it was never a red card. He was trying to show he can tackle back and be both hugely positive going forward and backwards. He's young and will learn (like Stevie did).

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #3961 on: June 4, 2014, 09:56:55 pm »
did jack "british bulldog" Wiltshire take a sly punch at someone during the melee or did my eyes deceive me ?
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3962 on: June 4, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »
It was reckless and a clear yellow but it was never a red card. He was trying to show he can tackle back and be both hugely positive going forward and backwards. He's young and will learn (like Stevie did).

It's not a big deal really, neither was Valencia's reaction. Just one of those things and I doubt either side will spend much time over it.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3963 on: June 4, 2014, 10:09:22 pm »
It's not a big deal really, neither was Valencia's reaction. Just one of those things and I doubt either side will spend much time over it.

I'd disagree, in that whilst it's a friendly there are things both players can learn from this.

Firstly, Valencia trying to throttle Raheem shows he needs to calm down some as regardless of the tackle you can't/shouldn't do that.

Secondly, we all remember Stevie was a card magnet when he first started as he would dive in too much and try too hard to influence things. Raheem was trying to make up for an error and dived in when he didn't need to. To use the cliché, if he stays on his feet and either makes a tackle or shepherds Valencia out of play then it's a much better result. As he grows up, he'll become wiser and make better decisions on when to dive in and when not to do so.

A well executed sliding tackle always looks good but a standing tackle shows better awareness and skill, and allows for a quicker counter-attack.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3964 on: June 4, 2014, 10:15:02 pm »

You'd hope so. As long as the Hodge doesn't make an example of him.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #3965 on: June 4, 2014, 10:20:07 pm »
Hodge Podge should look at that as youthful exuberance and excellent behaviour not to react to Valencia and not to query the red card.

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3966 on: June 4, 2014, 10:20:49 pm »
Valencia won't fucking try that at Anfield, scum

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #3967 on: June 4, 2014, 10:30:13 pm »
He'll be fine, I'm sure Stevie and co. had already looked at him.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline JohnHobbes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3968 on: June 4, 2014, 10:32:49 pm »
You'd hope so. As long as the Hodge doesn't make an example of him.

Doubt Hodgson will do anything, it's more that Raheem has lost any chance to push for a starting place in the WC finals due to Valencia's reaction. He was always unlikely to play as Hodgson would go for experience but if he'd done really well in the friendlies then he might have forced a place for himself.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3969 on: June 4, 2014, 10:37:39 pm »
Misses the next friendly

Offline Pidalow

• Legacy Fan
  • Success is not forever and failure isn’t fatal.
« Reply #3970 on: June 4, 2014, 10:40:59 pm »
Stupid from Raheem going in like that in a friendly game but it was a yellow and nothing more. Referee sent him off due to Valencia's reaction.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3971 on: June 4, 2014, 10:41:16 pm »
Misses the next friendly

Well at least he can't get injured in that game! To be fair - England are not going to win the world cup, so i just want all our lads to come back home unscathed ready for next season.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #3972 on: June 4, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »
It was a stupid challenge.

It was a stupid reaction.

Should have been 2 yellows and just gotten on with it.

End of. The stupid back and forth between Liverpool / Manc "supporters" over some sites is already getting tiring.
Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline xosder

• Main Stander
« Reply #3973 on: June 4, 2014, 10:42:40 pm »
Here is a vine of the incident for those that didn't see it.  Not sure if it is possible to imbed it.

https://vine.co/v/Mp3TXegJMuQ

Offline shanks_legend

• Anny Roader
  • Whopper/Beaut of the highest order
« Reply #3974 on: June 4, 2014, 10:51:29 pm »
Did anyone else see Valencia leave a foot in on wilshere just before the challenge? That's why Raheem went in hard
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3975 on: June 4, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »
It was a stupid challenge.

It was a stupid reaction.

Should have been 2 yellows and just gotten on with it.

End of. The stupid back and forth between Liverpool / Manc "supporters" over some sites is already getting tiring.

Not a chance lad, Valencia grabbed him by the fucking throat... that's violent conduct and an instant red. I'm not having anyone saying that someone can grab our Raheem by the throat and it be allowed on a footy pitch, red card all day long, debate the Sterling challenge all you want, but that was fucking disgusting by Valencia, experienced pro should know better.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3976 on: June 4, 2014, 10:58:16 pm »
Valencia should have been red carded for that too, you can't grab someones neck like that. c*nt.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline lalchitri

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3977 on: June 4, 2014, 11:01:53 pm »
Valencia's frustrations for both club and country clearly showing through.
Raheem did well not to react to the grabbing of the neck and then the choke to the throat when he turned around.
Much more mature than the 'older' guy.
Took the red well also, most wouldn't have.

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #3978 on: June 4, 2014, 11:01:56 pm »
Valencia should have been red carded for that too, you can't grab someones neck like that. c*nt.

He was red carded as well wasn't he?

Offline Billy Blaze

• Main Stander
« Reply #3979 on: June 4, 2014, 11:19:06 pm »
to be honest i think it was pretty disgusting from the both of them. I might be in the minority, but i think that Sterling shouldnt have done that. Valencias reaction was over the top, but i kinda understand him. It's a friendly just before the World Cup and you just don't tackle like that(especially when theres no need to). He could have ended Valencias Would Cup before it had started and it's not every day that Ecuador is at the World Cup.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3980 on: June 4, 2014, 11:21:37 pm »
to be honest i think it was pretty disgusting from the both of them. I might be in the minority, but i think that Sterling shouldnt have done that. Valencias reaction was over the top, but i kinda understand him. It's a friendly just before the World Cup and you just don't tackle like that(especially when theres no need to). He could have ended Valencias Would Cup before it had started and it's not every day that Ecuador is at the World Cup.
Pah... It was a slightly miss times tackle....they happen.

It wasn't a tackle where he leaves the ground and losses control, it wasn't massively aggressive... I'm not sure what the issue I'd..

Yellow, yes, but never red, never
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #3981 on: June 4, 2014, 11:21:51 pm »
It really wasn't that bad of a tackle.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3982 on: June 4, 2014, 11:24:05 pm »

That tackle really wasn't ending anybody's career. It was a foul like, and probably silly to do, but I don't think there was much aggression or force in it at all. If he's that frightened of getting injured he shouldn't be playing. Valencia's reaction was bordering on assault, I think grabbing someone's throat is one of the most threatening things you can do and fair play to Raheem for keeping his cool.

Offline johnbarnesish

• Main Stander
« Reply #3983 on: June 4, 2014, 11:26:30 pm »
Raheem was stupid, glad it happened in a friendly as it should be a reminder about rash tackles and the consequences. he was running back like a madman and lunged into the tackle, yes the red was harsh, but it doesn't change it being a red during the match.

Hope he learns from this before we take on Europe

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
« Reply #3984 on: June 4, 2014, 11:26:42 pm »
Antonio Valencia: "I apologize to the country, my teammates, the coaching staff for the expulsion of today. But most importantly, I'm fine."
He really is a POS

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3985 on: June 4, 2014, 11:28:21 pm »
Has anyone checked that Antonio is alive? because this over the top reaction is beyond funny.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #3986 on: June 4, 2014, 11:36:13 pm »
If I was a neutral watching two other nations play, I would have expected a yellow for Raheems challenge (though some English officials might not have even given that) and a definite red for Valencias reaction. I agree that there was no reason for Raheem to go in so hard, and I don't know if he was trying to impress by going in hard or just simply couldn't slow himself down.
Would Valencia have acted 'billy-big-balls' if it hadn't have happened in front of his team mates warming up on the touchline and would Raheem have reacted differently if they weren't there?
I have to give credit to Raheem for not reacting. Even the smallest guys can only be pushed so far, but he was a great example in that regard.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3987 on: June 4, 2014, 11:58:12 pm »
Valencia is a complete c*nt end of. Not a great tackle but at worst a booking. The reaction was insane and its to Raheems credit that he didn't raise his hands. Bet the fucker wouldn't have tried to grab skrtel or sakho he'd be knocked out cold.

Disgusting refereeing, but I guess all our players will have to be aware that if you go in like that you run the risk of getting a bad decision
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3988 on: June 5, 2014, 12:00:32 am »
Here is a vine of the incident for those that didn't see it.  Not sure if it is possible to imbed it.

https://vine.co/v/Mp3TXegJMuQ

Is that even a foul? ??? He;s followed through but for me thats a good challenge (presuming he got the ball like that angle shows). Valencia's reaction is fucking awful. He's the captain of his national side and a young teenage lad has just put in a challenge on him and his first reaction is to grab his throat. The grab of the back of his neck makes him look like a fucking bully.

Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3989 on: June 5, 2014, 12:07:46 am »

You ever played football? - you lunge in to win the ball sometimes, don't quite make the connection you'd wish.

That's all this was....

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #3990 on: June 5, 2014, 12:09:42 am »
I was fucking fuming in the pub at this. How dare that twat put his hands on Raheem like that. Stupid challenge but never a red and the way Valencia reacting was appalling, grabbing his throat like he did. Hope that guy gets special abuse when United comes to Anfield this year, not that he'll even play.

What a fucking bellend. For once I was glad to see Wilshere acting like a cocky gobshite, what Valencia did was out of order, blindsiding him from behind and then grabbing him by the neck.... fucking scumbag.  :wanker

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #3991 on: June 5, 2014, 12:10:39 am »
Disgraceful reaction from Valencia, it was a rash tackle under the circumstances but its a yellow at most. Valencia deserved the red the prick. Hope that doesn't put a dent in Raheems game time at the World Cup now.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3992 on: June 5, 2014, 12:11:28 am »
I was fucking fuming in the pub at this. How dare that twat put his hands on Raheem like that. Stupid challenge but never a red and the way Valencia reacting was appalling, grabbing his throat like he did. Hope that guy gets special abuse when United comes to Anfield this year, not that he'll even play.

What a fucking bellend. For once I was glad to see Wilshere acting like a cocky gobshite, what Valencia did was out of order, blindsiding him from behind and then grabbing him by the neck.... fucking scumbag.  :wanker

I'm glad that Sterling didn't react to it either. Don't lower yourself to that c*nts level.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #3993 on: June 5, 2014, 12:23:59 am »
I'm glad that Sterling didn't react to it either. Don't lower yourself to that c*nts level.

Yeah definitely. Honestly though I was waiting to see Hendo or Sturridge come running on to his aid. Completely out of order.

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #3994 on: June 5, 2014, 12:28:46 am »
Yeah definitely. Honestly though I was waiting to see Hendo or Sturridge come running on to his aid. Completely out of order.
i was half expecting Gerrard to just go over and destroy the little fucker.

25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3995 on: June 5, 2014, 12:42:32 am »
If tackling and winning the ball is red then football is not worth watching anymore. Valencia is twat and deserved to be sent off - as for Raheem I honestly saw nothing wrong with the challenge. Would love to see what he would of made of Tommy Smith or Souness in their prime.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #3996 on: June 5, 2014, 01:10:24 am »
Only saw the vine just now. How the fuck did Sterling get a red for that!? It's barely a yellow!!
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3997 on: June 5, 2014, 01:13:26 am »
Not a chance lad, Valencia grabbed him by the fucking throat... that's violent conduct and an instant red. I'm not having anyone saying that someone can grab our Raheem by the throat and it be allowed on a footy pitch, red card all day long, debate the Sterling challenge all you want, but that was fucking disgusting by Valencia, experienced pro should know better.

Totally agree, from the front camera view, don't think it was really a yellow. Hardly caught the twat, just he didn't see him coming. As for twice grabbing at a players neck, it's a red all day long.
Valencia is a fucking dick for his reaction.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3998 on: June 5, 2014, 01:26:02 am »
Valencia is an idiot........he should get a ban for his reaction. Sterling's tackle was not bad and Sterling remained in control of his emotions even after being assaulted by Valencia.
#JFT97

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3999 on: June 5, 2014, 01:54:43 am »
How Sterling never Webbed that Jermain Jackson looking prick I don't know...
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.