Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 676606 times)

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
Re: Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« Reply #3920 on: June 3, 2014, 07:42:56 pm »
The boy is worth what the market will pay him. If he has a great World Cup, and I'm thinking he will, you can expect a few rumblings about clubs putting bids together for him.  His price will rise, and the amount of salary he can command will increase.

As for his role in this World Cup. Personally I think Hodgson will start with him off the bench, looking to add his speed and energy later in games. Rooney was bloody awful last week and so was Welbeck, but I think Rooney gets the start.  I think Hodgson will do the same with Oxlade Chamberlain.   As a result I think Sterling will do great.   65 minutes in, in that draining climate, you send on Raheem and he runs past people like they aren't even there, fearless! He will do damage, just hope he has his "finishing" boots on.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3921 on: June 3, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Just as good as Pogba - amirite?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3922 on: June 4, 2014, 01:46:42 pm »
Raheem Sterling has been declared the most valuable English footballer in a report published today.

The Liverpool attacker, who is in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad, is deemed to be the 15th most expensive player in the world by Swiss-based research centre, the CIES Football Observatory, with his value estimated to be between €38.7m (£31.5m) and €44.9m (£36.6m)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline chromeo

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3923 on: June 4, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »
Raheem Sterling has been declared the most valuable English footballer in a report published today.

The Liverpool attacker, who is in Roy Hodgson's World Cup squad, is deemed to be the 15th most expensive player in the world by Swiss-based research centre, the CIES Football Observatory, with his value estimated to be between €38.7m (£31.5m) and €44.9m (£36.6m)

That's strange, I would have expected it to be Joey Barton.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3924 on: June 4, 2014, 03:37:12 pm »

First, when it comes to money, hidden assets, and pricey valuations, the Swiss stand out.

Second, this report should be cited every time there is a call to buy some world class player for an absurd fee with inflated wages.  Liverpool are in the business of harnessing, developing, and showcasing world class talent ---- not buying it for a few years and then discarding it like a toy we are bored with....  (ex. Fabregas links).

Heck, if we could do this three, four, ten more times in the next few years, Liverpool's financial standing may reach the top 3.  Buy a player for nearly 1 million and have the player's worth be 40 times the purchase price....  Good business LFC!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3925 on: June 4, 2014, 04:27:55 pm »
First, when it comes to money, hidden assets, and pricey valuations, the Swiss stand out.

Second, this report should be cited every time there is a call to buy some world class player for an absurd fee with inflated wages.  Liverpool are in the business of harnessing, developing, and showcasing world class talent ---- not buying it for a few years and then discarding it like a toy we are bored with....  (ex. Fabregas links).

Heck, if we could do this three, four, ten more times in the next few years, Liverpool's financial standing may reach the top 3.  Buy a player for nearly 1 million and have the player's worth be 40 times the purchase price....  Good business LFC!!!

Yeah but its not as good as when I signed like 15 players for under 2 million apiece in FM 2014 for Nottingham Forest during the 2016-2018 period and won the European Cup in 2024 is it? Rodgers don't know what he's doing bruv.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3926 on: June 4, 2014, 04:35:34 pm »
Yeah but its not as good as when I signed like 15 players for under 2 million apiece in FM 2014 for Nottingham Forest during the 2016-2018 period and won the European Cup in 2024 is it? Rodgers don't know what he's doing bruv.

:) point well-taken!  There is value at all ends of the market.   The likelihood of buying cheap 1 or 2 million dollar purchases and developing has risks of its own bruver  :wave
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3927 on: June 4, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »
Doesn't quite work like that. For every Sterling and Flanagan there's been dozens and dozens of kids brought in and chucked out year upon year.

Very happy for him to finally be recognised by some form of media outlet, I'm perplexed as to why there's so little spotlight on his abilities by this country's press at the moment but anything that makes living his life easier is fine by me.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3928 on: June 4, 2014, 09:38:01 pm »
Does this red card mean anything for the next games?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3929 on: June 4, 2014, 09:38:34 pm »
Just been sent off for England. A slightly over the top tackle on Valencia who then grabs him round the throat, both players sent off.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SamiSamiHyypia

• Kopite
  • Justice For The 96
    • The Homes Of Football
« Reply #3930 on: June 4, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »
Feel terrible for the lad. Valencia is a clown.
I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving.
Cult Of Lucas - Proud Member

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3931 on: June 4, 2014, 09:38:59 pm »

No mate.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3932 on: June 4, 2014, 09:39:18 pm »
They said not on the commentary.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: June 4, 2014, 09:40:15 pm »
Just been sent off for England. A slightly over the top tackle on Valencia who then grabs him round the throat, both players sent off.

I've a hunch that if Valencia doesn't react in a way that deserves a red card, Raheem doesn't get a card at all.

Offline Phil_88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: June 4, 2014, 09:40:28 pm »
what a load of bollocks that is, manc twat got him sent off

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #3935 on: June 4, 2014, 09:40:39 pm »
Don't think Raheems was a sending off, Valencias was assault.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3936 on: June 4, 2014, 09:40:55 pm »
Is Valencia ok?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3937 on: June 4, 2014, 09:40:57 pm »
Ridiculous.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3938 on: June 4, 2014, 09:41:03 pm »
what a load of bollocks that is, manc twat got him sent off

Some things never change.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3939 on: June 4, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »
A bit rash and mistimed but not malicious.  Valencia's reaction was pathetic and got them both sent off.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3940 on: June 4, 2014, 09:41:42 pm »
I've a hunch that if Valencia doesn't react in a way that deserves a red card, Raheem doesn't get a card at all.
You're probably right. Valencia deserved his red card but the referee probably thought he'd better send Sterling off too. Ridiculous decision.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3941 on: June 4, 2014, 09:42:18 pm »
Funnily enough, it will probably do Raheem some good in advance of CL football next season.

Do that tackle away from home in Europe and you will get a player milking it and looking for the red, rather he got one here in a meaningless friendly than next season for us. It wasn't malicious and Valencia was a cock but you've got to watch your tackles against savvy international players.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3942 on: June 4, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »
Is Valencia ok?
He was able to jump up and grab Sterling round the neck so yeah I think so.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3943 on: June 4, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »
He was able to jump up and grab Sterling round the neck so yeah I think so.

Thank goodness.

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #3944 on: June 4, 2014, 09:43:18 pm »
Feel terrible for the lad. Valencia is a clown.
Valencia is a knuckle dragging low fore-headed pond life manc who should be flogged repeatedly for impersonating a footballer  >:(
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: June 4, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »
Replay here for as long as it stays up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5SqWCn1VY

Having not seen anything after that clip...did Sterling fight back or something? I don't see a single action that would even merit a yellow for Sterling.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3946 on: June 4, 2014, 09:45:40 pm »
Thank goodness.
:D

Funnily enough, it will probably do Raheem some good in advance of CL football next season.

Do that tackle away from home in Europe and you will get a player milking it and looking for the red, rather he got one here in a meaningless friendly than next season for us. It wasn't malicious and Valencia was a cock but you've got to watch your tackles against savvy international players.
Yeah that's a good point, I wonder whether there was a bit of frustration in Sterling that the OFC didn't start him in this game? I'm sure Rodgers man-management wouldn't allow him to get upset like that in the first place.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3947 on: June 4, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »
Very hard indeed. Would have been a harsh yellow never mind red! The ref's on crack.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #3948 on: June 4, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »
Valencia is a knuckle dragging low fore-headed pond life manc who should be flogged repeatedly for impersonating a footballer  >:(

you dont rate him then.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3949 on: June 4, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »
I reckon Rodgers will have been in touch already saying not to worry aboit it. He'll be fine.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3950 on: June 4, 2014, 09:50:46 pm »
Don't care what you lot say, that's a nothing challenge, honestly think even a yellow is harsh. He hasn't came in particularly fast, there's isn't danger at all in the player being injured. Would be disappointed if it stops him from making similar challenges in the future as physicality has been a big part of his game.

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3951 on: June 4, 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
never a red that
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline Owl

• Twit...just twit. No twoo.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3952 on: June 4, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »
Valencia is a poor fucking excuse for a footballer.

And he just showed what a small time wanker he his.

Yes that challenge is bad.. But sterling takes the ball and follows up with his second leg to take valencia out.

The reason that challenge looked worse than it actually was is that sterling has an insane acceleration and got from 0-60 in a sec.

In a league game at Britannia stadium that is obligatory.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2014, 09:54:53 pm by Owl »

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3953 on: June 4, 2014, 09:51:51 pm »
Valencia is an utter idiot, got them both sent off.

Raheem's challenge was the definition of a yellow card offence, slightly high but won the ball and was never going to cause serious injury. If those are given as red cards these days we may as well start calling this a non contact sport.

I'm really upset that he hasn't been given more time to prove himself and gain some fitness, he's had 40 minutes, when almost everyone else has had 90, he must feel really hard done by.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #3954 on: June 4, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »
Valencia is a twat...

That is all...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: June 4, 2014, 09:53:16 pm »
Did well not to react, I would've lamped the fucker
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3956 on: June 4, 2014, 09:53:35 pm »
I reckon Rodgers will have been in touch already saying not to worry aboit it. He'll be fine.

The tackle, the red card and Valencia's reaction were hardly a big deal. Match isn't important, tackle a bit late and reaction just a bit OTT but I doubt much more will be made of it after the game.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3957 on: June 4, 2014, 09:53:46 pm »
Ridiculous. Some yardies gonna fuck Antonio up now.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3958 on: June 4, 2014, 09:54:05 pm »
Also I'm tired of this "over the ball" is a red nonsense. It doesn't matter.

The point of impact is what makes it dangerous, the impact was at ankle height, it was a completely safe challenge, no risk of injury.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3959 on: June 4, 2014, 09:55:06 pm »
Sent off because Valencia is a bad dickhead.