Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1071122 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #280 on: January 1, 2023, 10:56:37 pm »
If came down to needed a 3rd keeper for game, would much prefer Adrian over Davies.

If it meant we'd be able to bring in another midfielder, I wouldn't.

Anyway, going off what Klopp says its a moot point.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 1, 2023, 10:56:45 pm »
We’ve definitely reached the stage where you could see us buying a left sided wide forward, when we have 3 players who can play there already, when doing so means we can’t buy a midfielder, which we’re absolutely desperate for.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 1, 2023, 10:57:49 pm »
Klopps pre Brentford presser.. asked about transfers. “ I have been here 7 years. We can't just spend money - we signed an outstanding player like Cody Gakpo and the next question is about who is next. I don't understand it. It's as if we don't have a team. This is not monopoly.”

“It was never like this that we could just spend money. We never did - we can’t just spend and we never could. It is a big part of my philosophy - really working full of faith and trust in the players we have.”

“Not constantly questioning them and whether we need another player for that position.”

I don’t think we are going to sign a midfielder to be honest, I really don’t.

I am perfectly fine with this. This modern day idea that a team can only be improved in the transfer market is becoming sickening. No one cares about work on the training field and about developing players anymore ...

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #283 on: January 1, 2023, 10:58:45 pm »
Probs been told he has no funds left after splashing out 40m. Run like a mid table club.

Tight arse FSG strike again :lmao

Genuinely gobsmacked that they think we’ll compete in the CL without reinforcements in that midfield  :butt

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: January 1, 2023, 11:00:06 pm »
I am perfectly fine with this. This modern day idea that a team can only be improved in the transfer market is becoming sickening. No one cares about work on the training field and about developing players anymore ...

Yep. Good news that Curtis is back. I know you want him sold and a new player signed but hopefully he can stay fit and contribute.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 1, 2023, 11:00:14 pm »
The same piece hints at that we probably need players to leave the club in January to have more signings.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: January 1, 2023, 11:00:38 pm »
We’ve definitely reached the stage where you could see us buying a left sided wide forward, when we have 3 players who can play there already, when doing so means we can’t buy a midfielder, which we’re absolutely desperate for.

Just because some fans and some pundits are desperate for a new midfielder, it doesn't means that Jurgen is desperate too. He could be perfectly fine waiting for Bellingham on July 1st ...

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: January 1, 2023, 11:01:41 pm »

Klopps a miracle worker in some cases but some things can’t be coached into someone. A dynamic, athletic, ball carrying midfielder who breaks up play. Not deluded into thinking that can be coached into any of our young players at the moment. And that’s fine… they are what they are. Doesn’t make them bad players.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 1, 2023, 11:01:45 pm »
The same piece hints at that we probably need players to leave the club in January to have more signings.

What a shock ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 1, 2023, 11:03:12 pm »
Klopps a miracle worker in some cases but some things can’t be coached into someone. A dynamic, athletic, ball carrying midfielder who breaks up play. Not deluded into thinking that can be coached into any of young players at the moment.

To be honest, I will put my faith in Jurgen ...

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 1, 2023, 11:03:23 pm »
“I am here seven years and it is every window, pretty much the same – we talk about these things as though money didn’t play a role. It is never like this,” Klopp said.

“We sign an outstanding player like Cody Gakpo and the next player you can read [about]. We cannot play like Monopoly. Of course we cannot just spend and never could.

“It is a big part of my philosophy, working full of faith and trust with the players we have and not constantly telling them we need another player in the position. With Cody the quality he has, the timing and if we wait until the summer he will be more expensive, it makes sense.

“It is clear that you need real quality in all positions and two teams with the same level that you can rotate and that is what we can prepare. Now that people are surprised when we say we cannot start splashing the cash, that should be really clear.

“If there is something we can do and that means right player and financial situation, we will do it.”

Despite his pragmatism on transfers, Klopp conceded that Liverpool may still dip into the market this month – but that will only happen if some of their current crop ask to move on.

He said: “Nobody came to me and asked to leave the club. If that should be the case, then I would listen, but nobody came yet.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-january-transfers-28853445

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 1, 2023, 11:05:04 pm »
Probs been told he has no funds left after splashing out 40m. Run like a mid table club.

I'm going to guess he knew the budget before spending £40m on a forward. Still think we wil get a midfielder this window

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #292 on: January 1, 2023, 11:05:20 pm »
Are we being sold anytime soon? This is getting old.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 1, 2023, 11:05:24 pm »
I don't think we'll get a midfielder in to be honest, not in January. We obviously have a player or players in mind that aren't attainable in January. We need players to move on and that won't happen until the summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: January 1, 2023, 11:07:29 pm »
Yep. Good news that Curtis is back. I know you want him sold and a new player signed but hopefully he can stay fit and contribute.

Yeah, I obviously want Curtis sold ...

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 1, 2023, 11:11:05 pm »
Genuinely starting to think that we just want Bellingham and think everything will be rosy

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: January 1, 2023, 11:11:27 pm »
Starting to sound like the end of Wengers tenure at Arsenal.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: January 1, 2023, 11:11:45 pm »
We should be looking into the Gavi deal if Barca have to sell to relive 200 million euros worth of pressure.   ;D :D

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: January 1, 2023, 11:12:10 pm »
Genuinely starting to think that we just want Bellingham and think everything will be rosy

That's absolutely what's happening. I doubt we have the money to spend more than Bellingham in the summer

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 1, 2023, 11:12:35 pm »

It’s stupid to think that way given half the season is still left and we’re in the CL still, Madrid run rings round our midfield on their best of days...

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: January 1, 2023, 11:12:48 pm »
I like FSG but It’s no wonder FSG are looking for investment, if money is this tight.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: January 1, 2023, 11:14:27 pm »
I think we have to take a step back really and acknowledge that whilst we all want a midfielder, that if this was another club then we as fans would list all the midfielders and ask “….how much more do these c*nts want?”.

I dont want to be like Mac Red listing players but we have Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Elliott, Keita, Arthur, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jones for our midfield positions. Thats 9 midfielders and at least 6 of them are on £100k a week (Thiago is on £200k a week) and even of the ones that are not, Elliott is pretty much a regular.

The facts are that if you are one of the financial people you should be asking why do we have so many midfielders and why are they so expensive? I would be questioning why we are unable to move so many of these players on.

At the end of the day the midfield is a mess and we have ended up in a shite situation partly through being unlucky and partly through decisions. Thats why I am sanguine about not now signing a midfielder because the whole thing needs knocking down and starting again.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 1, 2023, 11:16:27 pm »
It all just reads like normal Klopp speak on transfers

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 1, 2023, 11:16:45 pm »
I think we have to take a step back really and acknowledge that whilst we all want a midfielder, that if this was another club then we as fans would list all the midfielders and ask “….how much more do these c*nts want?”.

I dont want to be like Mac Red listing players but we have Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Thiago, Elliott, Keita, Arthur, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jones for our midfield positions. Thats 9 midfielders and at least 6 of them are on £100k a week (Thiago is on £200k a week) and even of the ones that are not, Elliott is pretty much a regular.

The facts are that if you are one of the financial people you should be asking why do we have so many midfielders and why are they so expensive? I would be questioning why we are unable to move so many of these players on.

At the end of the day the midfield is a mess and we have ended up in a shite situation partly through being unlucky and partly through decisions. Thats why I am sanguine about not now signing a midfielder because the whole thing needs knocking down and starting again.

We also have Diaz Nunez Jota Chamberlain Carvahlo who play from the left and they still bought another left sided forward.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 1, 2023, 11:17:35 pm »

Yep. The sell to buy only works up to a point where you have players who a club would stump up significant fees for and from that list of midfielders we would not get any sort of big fee for any of them. And we’ve hit a point where we need major investment in the midfield area and will lose 3 of midfielders in the summer. So who they going to sell to stump up this money? Because no one comes to mind who we would get big money for.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2023, 11:20:59 pm by RedBec1993 »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: January 1, 2023, 11:18:14 pm »

I thought that when I read the quotes worryingly. He'll turn it around though. But that's some right shite he's come out with tonight. He wanted Tchouameni...
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 1, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »

Shouldn't be an issue given we lose plenty in 6 months though. If they all had 18 months or 2 and a half years then absolutely but all putting it off does is save us 6 months on someone's wages which is fuck all really.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: January 1, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »
No midfielder this window because Bellingham's coming in the summer. Fast forward six months. Liverpool step aside in race for 150 million pound Bellingham because the club has big faith in Curtis Jones, plus Keita has trained 3 days in a row and is like a new signing. Accept it's happening and don't get your hopes up.

Offline Thiago12291

• Thinks we’re a fucking mess and it’s down to Jurgen
  • Main Stander
« Reply #308 on: January 1, 2023, 11:19:39 pm »
I fucking adore Klopp. His worst trait for me though is the lying to and the treating fans as idiots. I get there is a goal to it to a point but it takes the piss sometimes.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #309 on: January 1, 2023, 11:19:58 pm »
was always likely to be the case, was ridiculed the other day for saying we had too many bodies currently available in midfield.

Klopp is loyal to his players, thought that was one of the attributes we loved about him
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: January 1, 2023, 11:20:06 pm »

Arsenal spent silly money towards the end didn't they? Ozil and the like. They just got it badly wrong. Unless you're mega rich you can't afford to make mistakes or they catch up with you and suddenly your team is old and/or shite and/or lacking desire.

I'm not sure who we are like at the moment but the fact we have Ox, Milner and Keita all leaving for free and not single midfielder in their prime is just so strange. Especially when we have a manager who wants intense pressing football. Klopp says he wants to show faith in his players but that faith could get him sacked.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #311 on: January 1, 2023, 11:20:51 pm »
No midfielder this window because Bellingham's coming in the summer. Fast forward six months. Liverpool step aside in race for 150 million pound Bellingham because the club has big faith in Curtis Jones, plus Keita has trained 3 days in a row and is like a new signing. Accept it's happening and don't get your hopes up.
aside from the fact Keita is out of contract at the end of the season you mean?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: January 1, 2023, 11:21:29 pm »
We also have Diaz Nunez Jota Chamberlain Carvahlo who play from the left and they still bought another left sided forward.

Ox is an emergency situation kind of how Elliott would be despite listing him as a midfielder. Gakpo takes our attacking numbers of senior players in 3 positions to 7 (Nunez, Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firmino, Gakpo, Carvalho).

We have 9 midfielders for 3 positions! We are more overstocked in that area than attack.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: January 1, 2023, 11:21:30 pm »
Hope our midfield turns up tomorrow. Going to be carnage otherwise  ;D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: January 1, 2023, 11:21:51 pm »
We should be looking into the Gavi deal if Barca have to sell to relive 200 million euros worth of pressure.   ;D :D

I read a few days ago that Gavi is still on youth wages and they need to shed some salary so that he can renew and be on wages that match his status in the club now.  Maybe them giving us De Jong will help.   

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: January 1, 2023, 11:21:55 pm »
Milner, Keita and Ox are all leaving in the summer.  We'll need a minimum of two midfielders and proper ones at that.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #316 on: January 1, 2023, 11:22:08 pm »

Henderson predates Klopp, Arthur is a loan, Milner is leaving this summer and needs to be replaced, Keita has asked  to leave, so at least 4 of those named are going to be phased out/replaced. The only question is do LFC do it this window or next. It makes sense now as the midfield is currently underperforming. I don't think it needs much more thought than that.

The current fascination with repeatedly dissecting the squad etc. Is pointless. Transfers need to occur, regardless.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: January 1, 2023, 11:23:18 pm »

This makes a lot of sense.  Plus, we win tomorrow and we're 3 points off of 3rd after a horrid start that coincided with a massive injury crisis. 

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #318 on: January 1, 2023, 11:24:34 pm »
I fucking adore Klopp. His worst trait for me though is the lying to and the treating fans as idiots. I get there is a goal to it to a point but it takes the piss sometimes.

How can you adore someone who is a liar and treats fans as idiots?

Bit of a contradiction.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: January 1, 2023, 11:24:38 pm »
Henderson predates Klopp, Arthur is a loan, Milner is leaving this summer and needs to be replaced, Keita has asked  to leave, so at least 4 of those named are going to be phased out/replaced. The only question is do LFC do it this window or next. It makes sense now as the midfield is currently underperforming. I don't think it needs much more thought than that.

The current fascination with repeatedly dissecting the squad etc. Is pointless. Transfers need to occur, regardless.

Where have you seen that?  Is this recent?