Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24328 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Apprentice 2022
« Reply #40 on: January 8, 2022, 07:35:33 pm »
Why did the boys do a logo with no name with it, that was incredibly dim. I don't think the girls were much better eithef. Both team leaders were awful.

Loved when the other sub group asked them why it didn’t have a name in the logo and they said it didn’t come up, like it was trivial thing.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #41 on: January 8, 2022, 10:27:15 pm »
Loved when the other sub group asked them why it didn’t have a name in the logo and they said it didn’t come up, like it was trivial thing.

I know! It leaves me aghast.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2022, 11:30:31 am »
Yep, insane to me that the only guy who spoke out against it was the one fired.

It's clear he was a Grade A, trouble-causing bellend though....the comprehensive cheer from the house when he didn't return was telling...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2022, 12:58:51 pm »
Hotter than a glassblowers ringpiece though....
I'm on the Harpreet train. 🔥🔥🔥

Should be fun viewing watching the girls team for the first few weeks before they split the teams, after 10 mins of the opening season you could already feel the tension.

#Catfights
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2022, 01:27:48 pm »
Need to get back into this. Stopped watching when they changed the prize but hearing good things about it

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2022, 12:35:45 am »
Wow, can't believe they fired the one guy in the room who called out that the logo looked like shit (literally), the logo that lost the task. It has got more farcical by the year but that's the last straw. When such blatant illogical decisions are being made what is the point of the show? The audience are made to feel as dumb as the contestants and expected to swallow it whole. No thanks.

I used to love it but can't watch anymore after that. We know the show is scripted to an extent but when it becomes so ridiculously obvious all the 'suspension of disbelief' is completely lost for good.

The show has turned into an incredibly scripted (even more than it ever was) docu-soap, absolute garbage which is a shame as I was looking forward to it.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2022, 12:39:41 am »
I mean, he pointed out that it was shit, but his idea didn't seem much better ;D And he didn't suggest putting the name in which is the key point really.

The first week is always really arbitrary. It seems harsh to bin off the people who actually put themselves forward to project manage while everyone else sits around saying what a good idea it is. I think the idea of a yoga pose into a wave isn't a bad one, but the lack of a face makes it creepy and the colours were horrific. The sub-team leader came up with it all and should have gone, but he painted that guy as disruptive.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2022, 03:47:43 am »
Yep, insane to me that the only guy who spoke out against it was the one fired.

Yeah, I said the same. Thing is though, it's probably only 50% about what you actually do (or do not do) in the task, and the other 50% is down to arguing your case effectively in the boardroom, and he really didn't do that. When Allan Sugar was criticising him for 'not moving on' after making his point, he should've just replied bluntly with; "would you have moved on knowing your team were looking to carry that logo foward?". The entire room was united on it being dreadful and the reason for the loss, including Allan and his side-kicks, so how he responded to that question would have been interesting. I thought for all the world it was going to be Akeem out based on him leading the team that produced 'the turd' anyway. Mad to me that the two leaders of that task remained.

Overall this show is what it is nowadays (and has been for a few years, at least, really). It's not about business acumen, uncovering the best business mind or potential business, it's entertainment, pure and simple. The egotistical dopes that they get on are with that in mind. It's all a bit Lord of the Flies meets Made in Chelsea, with a smattering of cringeworthy Dad Jokes.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 02:57:02 pm »
They should just simply do the firing thing from the 3rd task onwards, atleast give a little time for all the showboating to calm a bit

Not like they cant do double/triple firings later on to make up for it
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2022, 03:06:58 pm »
This must have been posted before. Apologies if it has but they have us all bang to rights here!

https://youtu.be/3ss-59fi4nM

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 03:18:35 pm »
Wow, can't believe they fired the one guy in the room who called out that the logo looked like shit (literally), the logo that lost the task. It has got more farcical by the year but that's the last straw. When such blatant illogical decisions are being made what is the point of the show? The audience are made to feel as dumb as the contestants and expected to swallow it whole. No thanks.

I used to love it but can't watch anymore after that. We know the show is scripted to an extent but when it becomes so ridiculously obvious all the 'suspension of disbelief' is completely lost for good.

The show has turned into an incredibly scripted (even more than it ever was) docu-soap, absolute garbage which is a shame as I was looking forward to it.

he was an absolute tithead....I would've fired him before the task even started just for his annoying face and stupid fuckin beard
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2022, 03:24:32 pm »
This must have been posted before. Apologies if it has but they have us all bang to rights here!

Rumbled ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2022, 03:25:01 pm »

he was an absolute tithead....I would've fired him before the task even started just for his annoying face and stupid fuckin beard
;D He looks very familiar to me. I must have crossed paths with him in real life.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2022, 05:19:31 pm »

This is me...every series

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2022, 11:03:29 pm »
Poundland Sharapova and Netto Beyoncé really don’t get on at all.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2022, 10:48:53 am »
Just fire all the boys now and be done with it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2022, 12:25:00 pm »
Another bizarre firing.

I mean, the PM this week was fully responsible for the creation of the turd brush. There's fuck all anyone else could have done to save them once that design had been rubber stamped. FFS the fact he went straight back to a browny/green design after last week's logo debacle was enough for him to be fired before even stepping back in the boardroom.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2022, 04:33:44 pm »
Just catching up on this now, why are the boys so obsessed with green and brown? ;D

Oh and Wiffy?! :lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2022, 04:55:09 pm »
Just catching up on this now, why are the boys so obsessed with green and brown? ;D

Oh and Wiffy?! :lmao

Haven’t seen this week’s yet but annoyingly flicked through the channels last night and saw You’re Fired was on, so that’s a bit crap.

Brown and green...you know, nature’s colours. Think of all those trees you see out in the middle of the ocean.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2022, 08:14:52 pm »
Boys PM is a dickhead.  Should've gone.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2022, 09:17:37 pm »
Mad decision again.

But Sugar did have some good lines in that episode though, so will forgive him.

Dread to think what the drink the boys come up with next week will look (and smell) like....

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2022, 09:28:29 pm »
The app was probably the best thing the boys did in the task, and it was much better than the girls. So naturally they fire the one responsible for it whilst keeping the one who made a toothbrush look like a turd.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2022, 09:58:44 pm »
Mad decision again.

But Sugar did have some good lines in that episode though, so will forgive him.

Dread to think what the drink the boys come up with next week will look (and smell) like....
It's mixed teams next week which is shite.

The boys are shocking. The PM who refused to change the colour of brush should have gone.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2022, 10:04:24 pm »

Real passive aggressive dickhead. And a Manc.

Looking for Nicholas to step in and save him with the market research line?! Someone should have stuck up for themselves by saying “you can’t polish a turd”. Real missed opportunity.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2022, 10:15:59 pm »
Looking for Nicholas to step in and save him with the market research line?!

"50% of our target market" = one 6 year old kid...  ::)

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2022, 10:22:15 pm »
"50% of our target market" = one 6 year old kid...  ::)

The Irish lad should've been all over that, might've saved himself - can't stand that market research bullshitting fucker...his demeanour and effortless horseshit puts me in mind of Tory junior minister

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2022, 11:19:36 pm »
Real passive aggressive dickhead. And a Manc.

Chorley I think, but yeah, same as really!

can't stand that market research bullshitting fucker...his demeanour and effortless horseshit puts me in mind of Tory junior minister

Really weird bloke, he was like a rabbit in the headlights for half of it, just seemed to have a vacant stare going on like he had no idea what to do.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2022, 12:20:04 am »
Chorley I think, but yeah, same as really!

Really weird bloke, he was like a rabbit in the headlights for half of it, just seemed to have a vacant stare going on like he had no idea what to do.

Apologies to the many Chorley residents on here. You can discuss it again in the next FA Cup thread.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2022, 09:56:40 am »
The right guy went, on a task which is about making orders he basic excludes half the market at a stroke, the look on the buyers faces said it all. Also their self-congratulations of one another after a disastrous pitch kind of summed them up another shambles. He should have done a double firing and fired the team leader as well. Luckily for the boys it looks as though it's mixed teams from next week.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2022, 11:29:54 am »

Definitely....can only assume it's down to business plans again....the shift from hiring to funding has fkd the show good and proper

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2022, 11:39:09 am »
Apologies to the many Chorley residents on here. You can discuss it again in the next FA Cup thread.

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2022, 12:22:19 pm »
The right guy went, on a task which is about making orders he basic excludes half the market at a stroke, the look on the buyers faces said it all. Also their self-congratulations of one another after a disastrous pitch kind of summed them up another shambles. He should have done a double firing and fired the team leader as well. Luckily for the boys it looks as though it's mixed teams from next week.

Blaming him for excluding half the market got massively overplayed didn’t it? They wanted a wizard, they got a wizard. He did say beforehand that if they didn’t have time they’d just create one character. Dunno, felt like a smallish thing that got called out and magnified to pin the blame on him.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2022, 12:24:37 pm »
I thought the PM should go the minute he said he wouldn't change the colour of toothbrush. I thought they'd have got some orders then.

The mixing of teams is it normally that early or is it cause the blokes are rubbish.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2022, 01:22:17 pm »
I thought the PM should go the minute he said he wouldn't change the colour of toothbrush. I thought they'd have got some orders then.

The mixing of teams is it normally that early or is it cause the blokes are rubbish.

They can have up to three or four weeks, maybe that's why the team leader didn't go as that would have been three blokes gone already.  :D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2022, 08:27:14 pm »
A turd toothbrush called wiffy.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2022, 08:36:12 pm »
The boys always suck early doors whilst the girls  seem in disarray and actually win.

Not sure why.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2022, 09:56:03 pm »
Call me crazy but I thought the girls toothbrush looked ok, box looked ok and the boys app was very good. It was a bit boring sure but looked very clean and was actually about brushing teeth. There's always whoppers on this show but given they have such limited time and.specific experience there was actually some ok bits. What must drive you mad is when they get some things SO wrong eg the weird design of the boys toothbrush
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2022, 02:37:52 pm »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2022, 05:48:17 pm »
Non alcoholic drinks tonight. What could possibly go wrong?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2022, 10:35:17 pm »
Right person went. He was useless.

Next weeks trailer looked brilliant!