Author Topic: The Apprentice  (Read 24331 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Apprentice 2022
« Reply #120 on: February 4, 2022, 07:59:28 pm »
Artic FFS :lmao

And there’s no penguins in the Arctic. Apart from that, looked great.

Not seen the boardroom bit yet, but if that team loses I bet the PM is thrilled she has a team to blame that on!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 4, 2022, 09:59:16 pm »
Think it was right for Francesca to go really.. the format of the show doesn't and shouldn't allow for previous good performances to be taken into account, really?

And not only did she get Arctic wrong, but she just came across as a pretty horrid person when dealing with the other female on her sub team.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 4, 2022, 10:08:46 pm »
Would have been quite funnier if they said well we change the location to Antartica after the Penguin query and that guy said well they are no Polar Bears down in Antartica, just to see their reactions. ;D

Not sure why they didn't go with a shooting game and then said to those games people that eventually you could add a battle Royale game mode to it, that would have been a winner.

Again the Guys are fucking useless, actually this is the worst season of competitors, but it will be a final five of Girls.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 4, 2022, 10:22:23 pm »
That was a really hard task. How on earth can you make an amazing game in one or two days?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #124 on: February 4, 2022, 10:24:07 pm »
That was a really hard task. How on earth can you make an amazing game in one or two days?

Yeah the comments about the prison game being a bit boring were very harsh given the timings. But then maybe they were just told to be critical, and they did place their hypothetical orders.

Francesca may have spelt Arctic wrong but the two others could and should have said something. Slippery Akshay survives another one!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #125 on: February 5, 2022, 07:25:53 pm »
Francesca doesn't let anyone speak and I think she deserved to go for the spelling mistake alone, that was bad. Also the way she treated the other female (can't remember her name) in the sub team was diabolical leadership.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #126 on: February 5, 2022, 07:29:02 pm »
They may have just got away with artic on the branding if the voiceover didn't also mention it several times.
Agree if she's taken Ashkay in it would have been curtains.

For that many people not to know how to spell arctic was hilarious, but it's a bit rich when Sugar has a go at people when his grammar is often cringeworthy.

There is no way they'd have got away with the spelling mistake. Both members of the public when they were testing the game on them and the experts were speechless at that basic error. Sugar's grammar isn't much better I agree but it's was a huge mistake for them to make.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 5, 2022, 08:10:44 pm »
Older ginger lady or Akshay to go next.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #128 on: February 5, 2022, 11:10:42 pm »
Probably been said before but is it me or are the contestants getting thicker and thicker each year? I’m sure once upon a time they were actually quite bright but now it just seems to be people are selected to make arses of themselves on TV.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 6, 2022, 11:46:11 am »
Probably been said before but is it me or are the contestants getting thicker and thicker each year? I’m sure once upon a time they were actually quite bright but now it just seems to be people are selected to make arses of themselves on TV.

Probably. But the editing also makes them come across as stupider than they are, and the tasks are setup to make them fail.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 6, 2022, 08:49:04 pm »
It always makes me think none of them have ever watched the show before. They make the same mistakes every year, come across as arrogant pricks every year in every interview they give and argue like schoolkids in the boardroom every year.

Its almost as if it was scripted. Still love watching it through my fingers with gritted teeth though.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2022, 08:50:40 pm »
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML2thmwS/

Some insights into product names, product colours etc.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2022, 09:59:59 pm »
Next week the candidates design and then make by hand a new car

Just a week or two out with this guess…

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2022, 10:48:05 pm »
An interesting week for me as a native of Snowdonia.

I've filmed Shaun who runs Zip World and he would have loved acting a dick to that team (clearly told to do that by the production team) -- big ego on that fella. Also filmed the owner of the shop with the cheeses -- really, really nice guy.

But I had a big shock when one of my mates was on there as part of the ZipWorld tour, who I go to Anfield with (he's a ST holder in the Kenny). I had to ask him all the details of what it was like and he said they re-do all of the shots and said it was a long, long day of retakes and stops and starts. The production company told them what questions to ask (they were told to ask "What kind of food do they eat" in the quarry canteen, for example). They get told what price they should settle on and haggle for as well!

He said all the contestants were really nice as was most of the production team apart from Amy who he said didn't want to know and was stuck up her own arse.

"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2022, 07:19:55 am »
Thought that was one of the better "run a tour" tasks in recent years. Usually they're a car crash with loads of refunds but both teams did alright, just poor selling on the losing team let them down.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:12 am »
Thought that was one of the better "run a tour" tasks in recent years. Usually they're a car crash with loads of refunds but both teams did alright, just poor selling on the losing team let them down.

Yeah, it must have been edited with a clearer narrative than usual, because the tours didn't look good, or that well run, but there were no refunds.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2022, 10:27:13 am »
Right person went for once. She just dodged any responsibility.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2022, 10:34:33 am »
Today's Wordle.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2022, 01:40:54 pm »
Was surprised the train trip team didn't lose, that painting session looked an absolute farce! Glad Amy went though, although how Aaron is still there is beyond me.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2022, 11:03:38 pm »
The most obvious firing since The Apprentice began tonight. What an absolute shit show of a PM.
Stan Laurel

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2022, 11:41:30 pm »
The most obvious firing since The Apprentice began tonight. What an absolute shit show of a PM.

Yeah, compounded by the fact that she’s a little weak when it comes to an argument and you could see the others rounding on her.

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2022, 07:26:20 am »

Not even Sugar could have fucked that up.

Dreadful performance. And her attempts to justify it were painful to watch.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2022, 08:05:24 am »
I would love to see a series of this with just ordinary working  people with no business experience just normal jobs and unemployed doing the same things and judged the same.

To see how they go about the tasks and interact with businesses.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2022, 08:37:10 am »
That was awful. I didn't catch the full briefing, but surely when there is potentially a wide range of customers, the obvious answer is to go vanilla on the basis it is least likely to offend and therefore work for the maximum number of clients.

I know it's heavily edited but one of Wembley/NEC even told them about their wide and varied events and therefore customers. Anyone who's ever been around those venues will know that there's plenty of potential for long walks between key venues and that's what the driverless vehicles would be there to help with. I looked at the NEC site and they have these in operation doing 1 mile shuttles along a road onsite.

They're so convinced of their own brilliance that they ignore the obvious. Oh I've designed my own bar therefore these high profile serious venues offering wide ranging events are going to lease a load of driverless pods themed like, oh a bar.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2022, 08:53:38 am »
I'm guessing like how they have to wear the costumes which make them look stupid they're told they can't just go grey or white and have to have patterns/colours etc.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2022, 09:06:40 am »
^ Maybe, but even if that is the brief there'll still be plenty of scope not to produce something that is totally shit.

This is the NEC vehicle
https://www.thenec.co.uk/press-and-news/solihull-and-the-nec-lead-the-drive-in-driverless-technology/

It's not great, but it has a bit of local and national branding on it and looks appropriate for the NEC and the wide variety of events that it hosts.

What the NEC probably wouldn't have is a fleet of party pods or ones with a load of bees on them.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2022, 09:11:04 am »
I'm sure there must be some form of nudging them in certain directions. It'd be pretty boring TV if they just made generic silver pods with generic insides, purely for the purpose of shuttling people as you say, and all of the investors and event companies bought a load from both teams.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2022, 09:19:01 am »
I'd be surprised if that was true.

Sugar asks why there's a karaoke machine in the pod and gets a reply of "because Gaz from production said do it for the lolz"

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2022, 09:50:45 am »
^ Maybe, but even if that is the brief there'll still be plenty of scope not to produce something that is totally shit.

This is the NEC vehicle
https://www.thenec.co.uk/press-and-news/solihull-and-the-nec-lead-the-drive-in-driverless-technology/

It's not great, but it has a bit of local and national branding on it and looks appropriate for the NEC and the wide variety of events that it hosts.

What the NEC probably wouldn't have is a fleet of party pods or ones with a load of bees on them.
You know how it goes though, too plain and they get told how is this different to what we have, needed a USP etc. Not to mention neither side gets to see what the other is doing until the end and seem to only be allowed about a minute to talk to each other during the design process, being pushed down certain paths it's going to look a bit shit even if they were really good on the tasks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2022, 09:55:16 am »
I'd be surprised if that was true.

Sugar asks why there's a karaoke machine in the pod and gets a reply of "because Gaz from production said do it for the lolz"

Well maybe not to that extent, but there's no way they've got nine legit business people who then come up with the shite they come up with without being prompted to make it more entertaining....surely. Or that Akeem isn't aware that he's literally changing every single decision when he's PM if someone suggests he should, after being told he needs to be more assertive :D

Maybe I'm just giving them too much credit though and they are all absolute fuckwits
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2022, 09:58:06 am »
The whole format of the tasks now is so tired and stupid. Having each team split up into two teams who then have to work on the same product without communicating is just ridiculous and not how any people in the real world actually work.

It's all just set up for them to fail every single week and I don't understand why the show has to be that way.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2022, 10:07:15 am »
The whole format of the tasks now is so tired and stupid. Having each team split up into two teams who then have to work on the same product without communicating is just ridiculous and not how any people in the real world actually work.

It's all just set up for them to fail every single week and I don't understand why the show has to be that way.
Because it's only way is Essex levels of reality TV. They'll already have a few people who they want to win based on business ideas and background checks, the rest is entertainment. They get put in 'real' situations that are heavily edited/scripted/set up to laugh at them

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2022, 10:40:34 am »
I'm sure there must be some form of nudging them in certain directions. It'd be pretty boring TV if they just made generic silver pods with generic insides, purely for the purpose of shuttling people as you say, and all of the investors and event companies bought a load from both teams.
Lottie from a previous series said as much in a Q&A (it might have been posted in this thread) and that they only have a handful of options for each task and have to choose from specific groups of colours. So I don't think you're far off.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2022, 10:41:37 am »
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML2thmwS/

Some insights into product names, product colours etc.
Here it is.
Stan Laurel

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2022, 10:47:16 am »
Lottie from a previous series said as much in a Q&A (it might have been posted in this thread) and that they only have a handful of options for each task and have to choose from specific groups of colours. So I don't think you're far off.

That's mad if true.

Surely in that case when they're getting an absolute grilling in the boardroom the temptation must be to just say outright the reason why they made such a diabolical decision.

Would have expected more and more people who didn't do well on the show to come out and speak about this.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2022, 10:51:03 am »
That's mad if true.

Surely in that case when they're getting an absolute grilling in the boardroom the temptation must be to just say outright the reason why they made such a diabolical decision.

Would have expected more and more people who didn't do well on the show to come out and speak about this.
They're under quite a strict contract -- not sure what the penalties are, but not great I assume. Have a look at that link above, it's quite interesting.
Stan Laurel

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2022, 11:03:12 am »
Thank God she's gone, the horrible, miserable bint.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2022, 01:40:07 pm »

Then they just edit it out?

NDA's!

The show is just pure reality TV at this point and if you watch closely you can see the cuts when they're trying to make the contestants look as stupid as possible.

Even silly little things like at the start yesterday with the phone call. "4am" says the narrator, then 30 minutes later they're walking out the house in broad daylight.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2022, 02:16:35 pm »
Lottie confirmed in an earlier TikTok video though that the getting up at that hour and only having 30 minutes is true. It is filmed in the Summer usually.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2022, 02:30:11 pm »
Harpreet in the hat was highlight of yesterday's show.