Author Topic: The Sack Race  (Read 49843 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The Sack Race
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2022, 01:16:07 pm »
I'll laugh my moobs off if Bournemouth win.

Whoever has Sean Dyche as their manager will be the victor.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2022, 01:18:20 pm »
My old Uni friend is a Cherries supporter and he was saying Parker throws his players under a bus all the damn time. Therefore, I think it's safe to say the decision to sack him is about more than what's going on on the pitch. Either way, we have this season's winner of the sack race. "Congratulations" Scott Parker; enjoy quality time with your cardigan collection.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2022, 01:19:55 pm »
Was listening/watching a podcast from their fans yesterday, by all accounts he’s been doing nothing but calling the owners out and saying his own players aren’t good enough, since the summer. Probably more to do with the behind the scenes.

Yep - nothing to do with results, everything to do with the "ill equipped" comment, among others.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2022, 01:24:29 pm »
Jack Ross (Dundee Utd) has also been sacked.

He was only appointed manager just over 2 months ago, but results have been horrific, humiliated in Europe, they lost the champions league qualifier second leg 7-0, only 1 win, that was the 1st leg, sounds like he lost the dressing room, judging by the performance on Sunday
#Sausages

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2022, 01:26:16 pm »
Doesn't Rodgers have a big payoff due if sacked, might keep him safe a while yet.

Yes, he does. And Rodgers is also the fourth highest paid manager in the Prem; which is utterly insane to me.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: August 30, 2022, 01:38:10 pm »
Trust the process.

I think brave Scotty Parker might go first, might actually fall out with Bournemouth and walk.
They asked him if they can stay up this season and he said no. I think they’ve lost a few players and possibly not signed anyone at all, which is a bit mental

I did call it on brave Scotty. Not all his fault to be fair, look at how forest are carrying on in the market. Bournemouth done nothing

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2022, 01:54:28 pm »
Must be the first time teams who lost 9-0 at the weekend, their managers are both sacked on the same day.

Southampton have lost 9-0 twice under the same manager & he still has a job.
#Sausages

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2022, 02:08:01 pm »
Yes, he does. And Rodgers is also the fourth highest paid manager in the Prem; which is utterly insane to me.

Not really, considering when he signed and how Leicester were doing at the time, pushing well above their weight two years in a row under his management and winning the FA Cup on top of that.
Linudden.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2022, 02:17:23 pm »
Not really, considering when he signed and how Leicester were doing at the time, pushing well above their weight two years in a row under his management and winning the FA Cup on top of that.

Yes, that's a fair point. But to be the fourth highest paid still seems excessive. I'd expect proven, Prem winning managers to be in that bracket.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2022, 02:20:20 pm »
Guardiola, Klopp, and Conte will be comfortably, massively above him though.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2022, 02:47:09 pm »
Guardiola, Klopp, and Conte will be comfortably, massively above him though.

You’d think Tuchel would be above him though. And Manchester Untied aren’t shy in splashing the cash.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2022, 02:49:49 pm »
The Bournemouth Everton LC game should be a right laugh.
They play each other in the final game of the season at Goodison too.  Might be too late for both of them by then

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2022, 02:51:21 pm »

Correct. He managed to mug Utd £80m for Maguire and looks likely to have similar success with Foforna. Maguire’s deal alone should deserve a quantum pay raise.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2022, 02:54:46 pm »
Correct. He managed to mug Utd £80m for Maguire and looks likely to have similar success with Foforna. Maguire’s deal alone should deserve a quantum pay raise.

Didn't think about that but it's definitely a good point ;D If he gets Chelsea to splash the cash on Fofana on deadline day he's worth every penny to their owners.
Linudden.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2022, 02:58:04 pm »
In this seasons sack race never ever count Antonio Conte out, he's one tantrum away from leaving any job at any time, 9 jobs he's had as a manager, and has only stayed 3 years at his longest, and that was at Juventus who were dominating at the time.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2022, 03:15:46 pm »
Everton have to play Bournemouth twice in 5 days in early November. It will be interesting to see whether they can get things together by then so we can have more memorable scenes at Kings Park as the team and the fans will probably book in for a mini break if they have sense.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2022, 03:18:07 pm »
Interesting to see Gerrard and Lampard jockeying for the same place again. Like the good old days.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2022, 03:21:25 pm »
They play each other in the final game of the season at Goodison too.  Might be too late for both of them by then

A dress rehearsal for the Championsip?

Knowing Everton’s luck Bournemouth will be well down and the Blues, depending on other results, will need a win to stay up.

Cue pitch invasion and Bournemouth’s manager being abused.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2022, 03:22:56 pm »
In this seasons sack race never ever count Antonio Conte out, he's one tantrum away from leaving any job at any time, 9 jobs he's had as a manager, and has only stayed 3 years at his longest, and that was at Juventus who were dominating at the time.

But if Conte stalks off in a huff does that count as the sack?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2022, 03:26:52 pm »
A dress rehearsal for the Championsip?

Knowing Everton’s luck Bournemouth will be well down and the Blues, depending on other results, will need a win to stay up.

Cue pitch invasion and Bournemouth’s manager being abused.

I hope it's Dyche then
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2022, 03:50:23 pm »
Or it could end with that RS Coady scoring an own goal in stoppage time to get them relegated :wave
Linudden.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2022, 04:06:28 pm »
I do not think I have ever seen a manager as shaken as Parker on Saturday during the game and also after, it was almost as if he knew something was going on, either with the players or his job. I almost expected Klopp to say put the brakes on at half time because he knew what that was going to do to Parker (I am glad we didn't). Bournemouth were not as bad as United were against Brentford but we were clinical (Salah Excepted). If Salah had been on form Parker might have made full time.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2022, 04:21:42 pm »
Clearly Bournemouth were/are taking the Norwich tact where they're not going to overspend just to get relegated. I don't think there's anything wrong with making sure if the worst were to happen that the club wouldn't then be in administration or worse. If you're doing that though then your whole season is going to be based on "vibes" and if the manager is the one upsetting the "vibes" then it will never work. This should have been clear as day to Parker right from the pre-season and if he couldn't accept that then he should have left then. How odd.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2022, 04:24:49 pm »
I do not think I have ever seen a manager as shaken as Parker on Saturday during the game and also after, it was almost as if he knew something was going on, either with the players or his job. I almost expected Klopp to say put the brakes on at half time because he knew what that was going to do to Parker (I am glad we didn't). Bournemouth were not as bad as United were against Brentford but we were clinical (Salah Excepted). If Salah had been on form Parker might have made full time.
Would have been some laugh if a Bournemouth director came down to pitch side, had a word with the 4th official, and he held up a board with a cardigan with 4 stripes on it.

'Unlucky Scotty, not your day today. Now you should be able to grab a taxi before the rush and make your way to Lime St and you can get a train down south from there'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2022, 04:24:59 pm »
You’d think Tuchel would be above him though. And Manchester Untied aren’t shy in splashing the cash.
So which 2 are getting paid less than Rodgers? Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Tuchel or Ten Hag? Doesn’t ring true IMO.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2022, 04:26:20 pm »

Nah Klopp knows there's nobody braver than Scotty, if anyone can take a paddling like that it's England's brave Scotty Parker

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2022, 04:26:55 pm »
I think it may be that Parker has found his niche as an excellent manager for the Championship. He thrives on being able to control games on his terms rather than having to sit back and soak up pressure. One of the Old Firm clubs would be a cozy job for him down the road since that is Fulham in the Championship on heaven-tier levels.
Linudden.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »
Unfortunatley for him, Bournemouth weren't deaf to what he said  :P
OOps   ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2022, 10:25:49 pm »
Tommy T next

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2022, 11:22:57 pm »
The label sticking out the back Scott Parker's cardie really got on my nerves. You can't spend that much on a cardigan and have the label sticking out.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2022, 12:29:55 am »
The label sticking out the back Scott Parker's cardie really got on my nerves. You can't spend that much on a cardigan and have the label sticking out.

It's part of the actual branding. What drives me mental about Scotty & Cardies is the massive gap between his shirt collar and cardigan.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2022, 12:45:07 am »

Brave label, all sticking out and stuff...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2022, 04:49:42 am »
My wife wondered if he had it on inside out

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2022, 08:59:10 am »
It has to be Lampard next.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2022, 09:22:51 am »

think lampards safe for a while yet. even if he takes everton down he won't get any blame from the media. I caught a bit of 5 live commentary on their game against forest and basically frank is doing an amazing job, has had no money to spend and anything wrong with the way they play is not his fault.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2022, 01:19:07 pm »

I think Stevies on a knife edge, can't see them getting a result tonight either.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2022, 03:17:52 pm »
I think Parker has very little ability as a manager, similarly to Lampard. The chatter seems to be that it wasn't the result as much as Parker's comments after the game that got him sacked. He may have avoided the boot had he kept his thought's to himself about them being ill-equipped for the level. Not wrong though was he.

Rodgers is teetering, but the growing talk out of Leicester is that the pandemic has smashed the finances of the ownership and they would sell for a reasonable offer. Rodgers also has decent time left on his deal and is highly paid - Leicester's ownership are clearly unwilling to invest much at present and will probably persist with Rodgers unless it looks likely to cost them their place in the Premier League, which would hugely devalue the club.

Conte as ever is a threat, but as was pointed out above, to walk, not to be sacked. He's the best manager they've had in a long time, but he's only this week saying Spurs need to invest more, haven't they spent over £100m this summer, net? This is classic Conte. At Inter, literally days after they shattered their transfer record to drop £70m on Lukaku he was claiming he can't work with the squad unless they spend more. Levy won't put up with this long term.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2022, 03:28:00 pm »
I think Parker has very little ability as a manager, similarly to Lampard. The chatter seems to be that it wasn't the result as much as Parker's comments after the game that got him sacked. He may have avoided the boot had he kept his thought's to himself about them being ill-equipped for the level. Not wrong though was he.

I knew he was a dead man walking a very short time through that post-match interview.
He's not soft and should have known before a ball was kicked that they were going to struggle with this squad in the top league.
Beat Villa in the first game fair and square, but Villa have really gone to rat shit and won't be long before Stevie is shown the door.

Parker should have had a private chat with the powers that be and not publically call them out to millions of viewers, even though I agreed with what he said.
It was a proper heart on sleeve moment and it's diffucult to see where he goes from here.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 1, 2022, 12:30:18 am »
SG next to go.  Not the best start for Villa and pressure building.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 1, 2022, 04:14:15 pm »
SG next to go.  Not the best start for Villa and pressure building.
I only watched their game through the lens of MotD highlights but they were hopeless.  2-1 was an incredibly flattering score-line for them.

They don't seem to know if they're trying to counter-attack or control possession.  I think Gerrard wants the latter but their players only know the former.  Just on the highlights reel there were half a dozen occasions where they could have taken a touch and tried to play their way out of pressure but they just kept clogging the ball back for the next wave of Arsenal attack.

I don't know if Gerrard has the authority to get those players to play a different way.  If not he's not going to last much longer.