Author Topic: Graeme Souness  (Read 19083 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Graeme Souness
« Reply #40 on: August 3, 2020, 12:03:26 pm »
He is a club legend and did very well for us, I wish him all the best in Sampdoria.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 4, 2020, 01:01:48 pm »
He is a club legend and did very well for us, I wish him all the best in Sampdoria.
Have you been in prison for 36 years or am I missing something?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #42 on: August 4, 2020, 08:49:39 pm »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 4, 2020, 05:33:30 pm »
Really poor comments today. Again.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #44 on: October 4, 2020, 05:37:03 pm »
“Dodgy foreign types”

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 4, 2020, 10:42:09 pm »
Is it not true that Latin players think it’s okay to cheat to win a game? Problem I had was him inferring that brits don’t do it as well.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #46 on: October 4, 2020, 11:58:57 pm »
He's not racist because that's what was ok in his time but it's not ok now is his defense I think.  I don't think he truly means it but he's got quite a bit of past statements at this point to where me being younger I have no problem saying he's racist and I wouldn't want him associated with LFC regardless of how amazing he was in the past as a player.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 9, 2020, 01:35:42 pm »
“Dodgy foreign types”

Funny isn’t it that we’ve only become truly successful again since having a team and management full of “dodgy foreign types”.

Talks a lot of twaddle Souness.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 9, 2020, 04:37:08 pm »
Funny isn’t it that we’ve only become truly successful again since having a team and management full of “dodgy foreign types”.

Talks a lot of twaddle Souness.
What's disappointing is you'd expect it from some Daily Mail-reading Brexit voter like Allardyce. Not so much from someone who has both played and managed abroad. That's Souness all over though. If he cut out this sort of shite, he'd actually be regarded as a very decent pundit.

Still, he's LFC family, just in the sense of the divorced uncle that usually embarrasses himself on Christmas Day after a few drinks.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2020, 09:05:36 pm »
What's disappointing is you'd expect it from some Daily Mail-reading Brexit voter like Allardyce. Not so much from someone who has both played and managed abroad. That's Souness all over though. If he cut out this sort of shite, he'd actually be regarded as a very decent pundit.

Still, he's LFC family, just in the sense of the divorced uncle that usually embarrasses himself on Christmas Day after a few drinks.

You'd expect that from most ex-players of that vintage though. We're spoiled by the number of exemplary figures we have, particularly among our managers.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:46 pm »
Re: the interview he had with the Scum, there's the talk about the consequences, but does he talk much about how the rag approached him, or who approached who, basically how it came to be in the first place?  I'd go looking but I'm not putting that in my search terms in case it starts showing up in my ads or whatever.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2020, 03:15:17 pm »
Re: the interview he had with the Scum, there's the talk about the consequences, but does he talk much about how the rag approached him, or who approached who, basically how it came to be in the first place?  I'd go looking but I'm not putting that in my search terms in case it starts showing up in my ads or whatever.

IIRC his Mrs set it up or at least that's what was said at the time (don't take my word for it though,I have a knack for misremembering)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2020, 02:58:25 pm »
IIRC his Mrs set it up or at least that's what was said at the time (don't take my word for it though,I have a knack for misremembering)
Found something on Anfield Index saying that, on the Friday, the Scum contacted him and he agreed himself.

https://anfieldindex.com/31286/the-souness-years-in-their-own-words-part-5-unforgivable-interview.html

(Just before the halfway point, when he's talking about his ailments.)
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2021, 12:37:10 pm »
Has he been using Bobby Firminho's dentist?

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2021, 02:53:45 pm »
He was widely known as a hard man and terrific midfield general during his playing days.
But as a pundit he comes across as quite a softie!
He looked half drunk on ITV last night getting all anxious and excited about Scotland's chances before the game.
Jarred with Keane alongside him who epitomised the 'strong, silent' type of hard man persona you would've thought Souness would exude as well.
Must've been the beer..

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2021, 04:35:02 pm »
He was widely known as a hard man and terrific midfield general during his playing days.
But as a pundit he comes across as quite a softie!
He looked half drunk on ITV last night getting all anxious and excited about Scotland's chances before the game.
Jarred with Keane alongside him who epitomised the 'strong, silent' type of hard man persona you would've thought Souness would exude as well.
Must've been the beer..

The man is almost 70 years old why would he be arsed at this point to do this hardman act that Keane so tediously insists on.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 09:46:58 pm »
The man is almost 70 years old why would he be arsed at this point to do this hardman act that Keane so tediously insists on.

He would still wipe the floor with Keane.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2021, 10:37:03 pm »
He was totally correct last night to keep pointing out how good Scotland were when the others were only focused on how bad England were. The dismissive "yeah Scotland were ok but England were really shit!" attitude was pissing me off; as was the idea that Scotland only spoiled England's performance when they actually played well on the ball themselves. Graeme wasn't having it and rightly so.

Was a really good Scottish performance and with a bit more quality up front they'd be into the next stage already. Hopefully they beat Croatia.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:40:39 pm by Cu Chulainn »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2023, 07:59:59 am »
Lifted these superb posts from the TAW thread so they don't disappear in to oblivion
Souness was Majestic. In crowded midfields, on muddy pitches he created all the time in the world, he had an arrogance, that only the truly great have, he'd take a half glance at opponents with utter disdain as they attempted to tackle him, as if to say what the fuck are you doing, you're not in my league, lad, and the thing was they knew it, you'd see the best crumble under that sideways look of dominance, because deep down they knew he was right, they weren't fit to lace his boots, they knew no matter how good they were, they were imposters in his company. 

He's known for poleaxing players, probably the hardest I've seen on a football pitch but the word I'd associate him with is beauty, his movement, his anticipation, he did things you didn't think possible, he could stroke  forty yard passes with the flair of an artist, or play simple passes no one else could see, because he read the game so well, he'd see the runs, he created time and space in the middle of mayhem and delivered time after time, a genius with a football, he was also unselfish, it could have been all about him, he was that good but he was always a team player, he made everyone around him look good. Never have I seen a footballer more like  a manager on the pitch, he slowed it down, speeded it up, instinctively he dictated the tempo, knew what to do and when to do it., he should have had a baton he was in that much control. I'd argue a more complete football player than Gerrard. Remember him putting Jimmy Case on the floor when he was playing for Borough, he shocked Anfield, there was a collective intake of breathe around the ground, we were shocked and taken aback, you didn't do that to Case he was a hard man, hardest we had and souness had him on the floor, begging him to get up for a bit more on his home turf. Borough beat us two nil and I couldn't take my eyes of Souness he ran the game, two seasons later Paisley signed him. You always had the feeling Gerrard no matter how good, never quite knew his role in the team, he was the best player and led by example, where as Souness , never doubted his role and and lead the team.

Don't be fooled by the pundit or his managerial failure, he was the nearest I've seen to the complete footballer, a true leader who was wouldn't let standards slip but was generous of spirit, sense if someone was struggling and would pull them out the shit, move over cover their position as well, play two positions if needed, he invented cheating on positions, it's a real pity loads of our games weren't televised and most of the YouTube clips emphasise how hard he was because he was poetic at times and yes the same fella would have laughed at the likes of Keane and what went for a hardman later, before snapping him in two without a thought, but what is often missed is the beauty, his football genius. Souness the player I'd argue was the greatest I've seen in a Liverpool shirt, although for a season I did hear the siren call of Suarez, but that's is like comparing a firework to a bombfire one catches the eye for a while but one is so much more substantial in everyway
What was the view at the time when we signed Souness? Was he seen as the next big thing and did people expect him to be as good as he was? Grown up hearing all about how incredible he was but how was he at Middlesbrough? And did he not make it at Spurs because he was homesick rather than footballing reasons?
Cant’t answer that without the context, I could write a book on it but the simple answer was football was different then, you didn’t expect to hoover up the rising talent because of who you were. Notts Forrest and Ipswich could build fantastic teams, you could be the fantastic player in a team and the team was built around you. There wasn’t the same financial pressures, we were just about coming out the age of local factory owners and prestige projects. Souness was great at Borough but unproven, there wasn’t 24/7 foootball, European teams were exotic, you only knew any players from the World Cup, if you didn’t go the game your football knowledge was limited to Match of the day or sportsnight   Wasn’t a great fuss when we signed him rarely was but when he played with a team on his level it was immediately obvious. Dalglishs runs Hansens intelligence at the back a team built to be a machine had a new leader. Not good writing this feel like me Dad
Interesting thing about Souness was that he was 25 when he joined Liverpool. He wasn't some 21 year old kid who blossomed over time.

He'd played over 200 games for Middlesborough before joining Liverpool though some of that in the 2nd Division.

I've spoken to my old man about this previously. He was a home and away following the Reds everywhere, and his genuine assessment was that you didn't really know how good Souness was at Boro.  You'd maybe seen him 4 or 5 times when playing against Liverpool and very brief highlights on MOTD. There wasn't much detail to go on despite the transfer fee being a record between English clubs at the time.

That feels a bit odd nowadays because we all have some awareness of virtually every PL player and quite likely players in the top leagues outside of England. I think even in the late 80's the knowledge of players outside of your immediate club wasn't amazing. For example, John Barnes. I choose Barnes because he was similar age (24) when he joined Liverpool and had played nearly 300 games previously for Watford. I was also alive when Barnes joined Liverpool and can remember it! It's 10 years later than Souness but I'm not sure everyone knew how good Barnes was when we signed him. There was probably some more evidence due to Watford's FA Cup run, his goal against Brazil and football being on TV a bit more. Even still a player of that magnitude, who'd been playing top level football in the same country for years, was still a relative unknown in the mid to late 80's.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 08:04:51 am by John C »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2023, 01:15:53 pm »

'A few videos of Graeme Souness in his time here as a Liverpool player - inspired by Garstonite's quality OP...':-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=300106.msg18212252#msg18212252 : from Garstonite's thread here - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=300106.0
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2023, 01:29:57 pm »
Like a cross between De Bruyne and Roy Keane, he had all the attributes of both.

In his own era, people like to go on about the talent of Glenn Hoddle.

Souness was just as talented if not more so, but worked like an absolute trojan for the team, intimidated opponents physically, and never backed down from a fight.  His match intelligence was incredible, he'd adjust his position to counter the opposition or to exploit a weakness, in concert with Hansen and Dalglish.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 01:37:39 pm by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2023, 11:24:22 am »
Souness as a player was before my time. Looking back it feels like he wasn't replaced until McMahon came in from Villa in 85. Everything I've read tells me he was a one man midfield. He could do it all and was imperious with the arrogance to match. I think it's fair to say the Liverpool board didn't do due diligence before hiring him as a manager. We generally got our recruitment right between 1965 and 1990. Souness on the other hand had an unhealthy turnover of players at Rangers which seem to resemble a revolving door which wasn't our way. We carefully scouted players which meant we hit the jackpot way  more often than we didn't. ]
Souness took a mallet to a job that required a chisel. Selling Staunton, McMahon, Beardsley and Houghton was nothing short of criminal especially given some of the players he brought in. He did have talent as a manager and proved it across his time in management.
I loved him when he spoke on Sky about the cat kicking by Zouma of West Ham. He really nailed it. I like him as a pundit and I think he is a genuinely decent guy. He did fook up giving that interview to that newspaper back in 1992 and his excuse of not realising how hated that paper was on Merseyside for me doesn't wash. I hope he and Phil Thompson have made up. Life is too short as he has seen in losing both Michael Robinson and Gianluca Vialli.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #62 on: May 5, 2023, 06:11:34 pm »
Fantastic player. Tory twat of a  man.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #63 on: May 6, 2023, 10:19:09 am »
Captain of all captains. Hero. Legend..

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 6, 2023, 01:26:51 pm »
Souness as a player was before my time. Looking back it feels like he wasn't replaced until McMahon came in from Villa in 85. Everything I've read tells me he was a one man midfield. He could do it all and was imperious with the arrogance to match. I think it's fair to say the Liverpool board didn't do due diligence before hiring him as a manager. We generally got our recruitment right between 1965 and 1990. Souness on the other hand had an unhealthy turnover of players at Rangers which seem to resemble a revolving door which wasn't our way. We carefully scouted players which meant we hit the jackpot way  more often than we didn't. ]
Souness took a mallet to a job that required a chisel. Selling Staunton, McMahon, Beardsley and Houghton was nothing short of criminal especially given some of the players he brought in. He did have talent as a manager and proved it across his time in management.
I loved him when he spoke on Sky about the cat kicking by Zouma of West Ham. He really nailed it. I like him as a pundit and I think he is a genuinely decent guy. He did fook up giving that interview to that newspaper back in 1992 and his excuse of not realising how hated that paper was on Merseyside for me doesn't wash. I hope he and Phil Thompson have made up. Life is too short as he has seen in losing both Michael Robinson and Gianluca Vialli.

You're spot on, until we signed McMahon, there was a huge piece missing, a player like Souey is so so difficult to replace.

As for his time as manager, he's admitted himself that he did it too quickly, he has said that he felt players just didn't have the same desire to fight for the shirt that he had. It was an extremely painful experience going the game and watching the shite we were churning out. As a kid I always wondered and worried what it would like to be shite, he made sure I found out :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 6, 2023, 02:43:16 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2023, 07:04:21 am »
70 years old….

And he’s going to swim the channel for charity….!
https://twitter.com/bbcbreakfast/status/1660518320070619136?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2023, 10:17:41 am »
The channel has no idea who it's going to try and fuck with.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2023, 10:23:15 am »
The channel has no idea who it's going to try and fuck with.

😂😂😂😂😂

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2023, 11:01:56 am »
Seen him on TV this morning. What an awful disease that is.

Good luck Graham
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2023, 01:28:56 pm »
Seen him on TV this morning. What an awful disease that is.

Good luck Graham
absolutely, sounds horrendous, a clip of the interview within the article below. Souey getting emotional when talking about Isla

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-65664357
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
"We believe there's never a cause that's lost" Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2023, 03:08:21 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/22/graeme-souness-to-swim-channel-for-charitys-appeal-on-rare-skin-disorder

saw him on bbc this morning and he was in tears

i know he's done a few things in the past which i cannot agree with - but all in all he was a great player
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2023, 03:27:22 pm »
From BBC :
https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1660518320070619136

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1660551993461448704

Here is from Debra:

https://twitter.com/CharityDEBRA/status/1660278677144317953

I´ve meet Graeme a couple of times and he really is a top man, and I actually don´t think I´ve heard anyone say anything differently (outside the football).
Obviously he got a lot of shite from us regarding his mistake with The Sun, but it was 30years ago and he has more than apologized for that.

If we talking football...what a player he was, still in our top5 if you ask me. That spine in the team with Hansen-Souness-Dalglish was something else, no wonder we were the best team in Europe for 5 years. Thought he was a good honest pundit as well, will actually miss him at sky.

Offline mushi007

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2023, 03:54:46 pm »
He may not be everyone's cup of tea with his mistakes in the past... but as a player and now doing this at 70

Please take a bow

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2023, 03:55:21 pm »
Big softy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-65664357

She seems like more than a brave little girl
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2023, 08:34:57 pm »
Well done Souey. A Liverpool legend.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2023, 10:05:51 pm »
From BBC :
https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1660518320070619136

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1660551993461448704

Here is from Debra:

https://twitter.com/CharityDEBRA/status/1660278677144317953

I´ve meet Graeme a couple of times and he really is a top man, and I actually don´t think I´ve heard anyone say anything differently (outside the football).
Obviously he got a lot of shite from us regarding his mistake with The Sun, but it was 30years ago and he has more than apologized for that.

If we talking football...what a player he was, still in our top5 if you ask me. That spine in the team with Hansen-Souness-Dalglish was something else, no wonder we were the best team in Europe for 5 years. Thought he was a good honest pundit as well, will actually miss him at sky.

I've worked with him a bit in the past and even interviewed him for something a couple of years ago, and while he can still be intimidating in a quiet way, he is a good guy in my experience. Nicer and more respectful than you might expect.

He's made big mistakes, no doubt, but still a legend in my eyes.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2023, 11:09:03 pm »
70 years of age and a triple bypass and he does this …. Fantastic.