Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760102 times)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Sadio Mané !!
« Reply #400 on: July 3, 2016, 09:25:52 am »
Can I just clarify for all you Salzburg fans on here: he played on the left, in coutinho"s spot, right? :-)

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #401 on: July 3, 2016, 09:43:06 am »
I can see a great partnership forming with Clyne over the coming season/s. I'm very excited by Mané (could you tell?). His strengths (speed, tenacity, end product, pressing) far outweigh his weaknesses (a sometimes heavy touch, slightly inconsistent). He's better than Sterling ever was for us, and is an upgrade on Lallana and Milner, and still only 24.

A great piece of business. Well done to everyone involved.

Offline Gonza

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: July 3, 2016, 11:42:20 am »
From the little of what I saw this guy has great ability with both feet. The way he runs at defenders basically makes them second guessing which way he goes. They are not sure whether he will cut in or go wide so they hold off which then gives him the advantage of using his pace. Will be exciting to watch and I will not be surprised to see him on the left and pushing Coutinho in the middle. Guess what, Firmino and Lallana may be benched and I can see the following as an exciting and rapid lineup.

Sturridge/Origi
Mane     Coutinho       Markovic/Ibe

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #403 on: July 3, 2016, 11:52:24 am »
I will not be surprised to see him on the left and pushing Coutinho in the middle.
Everything is possible but I find it hard to believe that after entire season of Klopp insisting that Phil plays on the left and left only he`s just gonna scrap that and go with a different plan, it would be a major waste of time especially considering Mane can fill in the spot on the right without any issues and do his thing as he already proved it in Soton.

To me it`s clear that Klopp wants to build a front 4 of 4 genuine match winners who are all gonna take turns so we won`t have to depend heavily on just one or two players.

Offline lastbaron

• Kopite
« Reply #404 on: July 3, 2016, 11:54:41 am »
From the little of what I saw this guy has great ability with both feet. The way he runs at defenders basically makes them second guessing which way he goes. They are not sure whether he will cut in or go wide so they hold off which then gives him the advantage of using his pace. Will be exciting to watch and I will not be surprised to see him on the left and pushing Coutinho in the middle. Guess what, Firmino and Lallana may be benched and I can see the following as an exciting and rapid lineup.

Sturridge/Origi

Unless Markovic and Ibe produce something extraordinary in pre-season, there's no way they play ahead of Firmno, Lallana and Milner. Origi on the wing also seems more feasible.

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #405 on: July 3, 2016, 11:56:12 am »

Sturridge/Origi

I don't see Firmino getting benched in our first XI. I think him and Coutinho will run close for our player of the season. Coutinho left, Firmino middle, Mane right and Sturridge up top. Its got everything that, and most importantly its got 4 players who should all get double figures in goals.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: July 3, 2016, 11:57:06 am »

Sturridge/Origi

The day Markovic or Ibe become starting 11 regulars over Firmino I'll cut my arm off. Ibe is nowhere near being better than Firmino.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #407 on: July 3, 2016, 12:43:08 pm »
Firmino scored 9 in his last 15 league games last season and some fans want him benched :lmao

We don't deserve nice things.
Believe

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: July 4, 2016, 10:46:18 am »
Should be a great signing, we've been crying out for a winger who has pace and can score at a decent rate. Good with both feet which helps. Not seen a lot of good crosses from him though, but I haven't watched him too much - ideally he will be good at that too because it really helps looking at the way Milner was so influential late last season purely just by having quality crossing.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #409 on: July 4, 2016, 10:56:33 am »
If we can now sort out a quick, powerful and ball retaining defensive/central midfield, the front guys will have a field day.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #410 on: July 4, 2016, 11:31:02 am »
People seem to be underestimating the impact this guy will have for us. We've been crying out for a pacey forward for ages now. We've finally gotten our Sterling replacement (dare I say an upgrade too?) and I truly believe that along with Sturridge/Origi, Firmino and Coutinho, he will run riot. It's going to be fun to watch.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #411 on: July 4, 2016, 11:34:49 am »
People seem to be underestimating the impact this guy will have for us. We've been crying out for a pacey forward for ages now. We've finally gotten our Sterling replacement (dare I say an upgrade too?) and I truly believe that along with Sturridge/Origi, Firmino and Coutinho, he will run riot. It's going to be fun to watch.

Yes, Sterling was always a frustrating player to watch. You could see he had all the potential but so often he'd run himself into blind alleys or make the chance and miss the shot. I always felt what we sold was the player he might be in three years, more than what he actually contributed in his last season.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline MontyM

• Kemlynite
  • I'm 2000 miles away, you lucky B*stards!
« Reply #412 on: July 4, 2016, 01:06:21 pm »
Mane has my heart all of a flutter! He is exactly what we were missing in attack last season with his pace, off the ball trickery and direct goal threat.

I was fist pumping when we signed Matip. I whooped and did a verbal air horn when we signed Karius. I admit I know nothing of Grujic so I tipped my hat and gave a gentlemanly wave. But Mane? Boy did I run around the loungeroom like a lottery winning madman!

Even on a conservative estimate I think he's going to bring 10 league goals, 10 assists. Most likely more if he's given good service.

Now lets get a CM who can carry the pale and we've got ourselves a bake-off! ;D ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #413 on: July 4, 2016, 02:06:43 pm »
Mane has my heart all of a flutter! He is exactly what we were missing in attack last season with his pace, off the ball trickery and direct goal threat.

I was fist pumping when we signed Matip. I whooped and did a verbal air horn when we signed Karius. I admit I know nothing of Grujic so I tipped my hat and gave a gentlemanly wave. But Mane? Boy did I run around the loungeroom like a lottery winning madman!

Even on a conservative estimate I think he's going to bring 10 league goals, 10 assists. Most likely more if he's given good service.

Now lets get a CM who can carry the pale and we've got ourselves a bake-off! ;D ;D
Sure people have their doubts and I guess that's prolly healthy, but we only see his current contribution.

That trickery, tenacity and pace will add so much more to our team. It will unlock some skeletons in our locker and unleash these. And we payed a bit for that as well.
Still a fair deal for this lad. Best bit of business since Firmino.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #414 on: July 4, 2016, 02:15:14 pm »
That trickery, tenacity and pace will add so much more to our team.
Even when he doesn`t score or assist in a game he`s gonna be valuable to us by running the channels, threatening to run in behind thus creating confusion with opposition defenders.

With his ability to take on people and burn them with his pace our fear factor will go up a notch which is something you can`t take for granted. Regardless of his quality his very profile will imo elevate our front 4 and make it most balanced and well-rounded it`s been since 13/14.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #415 on: July 4, 2016, 02:30:09 pm »
Come on, no song adaptations of Susudio yet??
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #416 on: July 4, 2016, 02:36:02 pm »
Even when he doesn`t score or assist in a game he`s gonna be valuable to us by running the channels, threatening to run in behind thus creating confusion with opposition defenders.

With his ability to take on people and burn them with his pace our fear factor will go up a notch which is something you can`t take for granted. Regardless of his quality his very profile will imo elevate our front 4 and make it most balanced and well-rounded it`s been since 13/14.
Agree mate. By the looks of it, there's extremely good value there.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline KennyJR

• Kemlynite
« Reply #417 on: July 5, 2016, 11:30:18 am »
Most of his best performances came in the strikers position or no10. Don't know why some are stating right winger because that might not even be what klopp uses him for.  Based on his statistics I don't think its too d=far fetched to say he is the best attacker currently at the club. With sturridge an injury liability I really think he should be moved on and mane should take over as striker. My reasoning basically is he is very inconsistent on the wing and his abilities would be very wasted there.

Lineup -                                                           Mane
                                  Cotuinho                                                         lallana
                                                                Firmino

That fornt line is more devastating an hardworking for klopps tactics. Origi could come on later in the game and play as striker while mane moves to the right wing once the game is secured. Sturridge is a very good player but I don't think he is better than mane as an overall player. Mane is just so aggressive and always determined to strike at the defense. Sturridge is more of a passive player who will go missing most of the game but still score. The key word from all this is the workrate up front which is what klopp might prefer from mane and origi.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 5, 2016, 11:40:07 am »
He played on the wing loads for Salzburg when he played in a similar pressing system. Think you could easily argue Koeman didn't get the best out of him trying him as a 10.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: July 5, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »
He played on the wing loads for Salzburg when he played in a similar pressing system. Think you could easily argue Koeman didn't get the best out of him trying him as a 10.

think it was an experiment that failed on koeman part. At least we know he cant play the no 10 position a position we are currently stocked with.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #420 on: July 5, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »
Glad we got this done though obviously the price is insane. I was hoping for someone with a better goalscoring record but as long as Klopp has a plan for him then we will be ok.

Welcome Sadio!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite
« Reply #421 on: July 5, 2016, 04:23:05 pm »
Most of his best performances came in the strikers position or no10. Don't know why some are stating right winger because that might not even be what klopp uses him for.  Based on his statistics I don't think its too d=far fetched to say he is the best attacker currently at the club. With sturridge an injury liability I really think he should be moved on and mane should take over as striker. My reasoning basically is he is very inconsistent on the wing and his abilities would be very wasted there.

Firmino

That fornt line is more devastating an hardworking for klopps tactics. Origi could come on later in the game and play as striker while mane moves to the right wing once the game is secured. Sturridge is a very good player but I don't think he is better than mane as an overall player. Mane is just so aggressive and always determined to strike at the defense. Sturridge is more of a passive player who will go missing most of the game but still score. The key word from all this is the workrate up front which is what klopp might prefer from mane and origi.

Stopped reading there.

You're wrong in the head mate!  :o

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #422 on: July 6, 2016, 06:08:45 am »

Firmino

Yeah.. no.

It's almost exactly the opposite of what you're saying. Pretty much his entire dry spell last season was playing as a 10 or a forward. Whenever he played on the wing, he was a world beater.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/109915

As to why he would start as a right winger.. have you seen how effective he is from the position?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: July 6, 2016, 03:49:59 pm »
Glad we got this done though obviously the price is insane. I was hoping for someone with a better goalscoring record but as long as Klopp has a plan for him then we will be ok.

Welcome Sadio!

Given what we've been offered for Benteke the price actually seems rather reasonable to me now.  Throw in Balotelli and we've essentially broke even.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #424 on: July 8, 2016, 05:21:17 pm »
Mane starts today. I personally believe he will go on to score 20 plus goals for us this season across all comps.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #425 on: July 8, 2016, 05:30:07 pm »
Mane starts today. I personally believe he will go on to score 20 plus goals for us this season across all comps.
Out of all the front four who are likely to start I think his 'expected' number goals going to be the most important.

Coutinho doesn't hit double figures, Sturridge is likely to get injured and Firmino best numbers come when he's up front. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline YNWA_O

• Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: July 8, 2016, 08:56:57 pm »
Firmino scored 9 in his last 15 league games last season and some fans want him benched :lmao

We don't deserve nice things.

LOL this exactly, i think what would be best is

Sturridge
Mané       Coutinho         Firmino

or swap coutinho and firmino.

I also say sturridge up top, because despite his injuries he has proving time and time again that he will score goals for us, i love origi but people seem to for a lack of better word overrate him all because he had a good run before his injury vs everton

With a lineup like that I see Sturridge being healthy able to get 18-25 in the bpl alone, and being complemented by lets say on average 7 goals from each mane coutinho and firmino, which one of them mane/firmino especially can get up to 15+ also, will be the best for us in my opinion.

On the topic of Mané thought, I think its an excellent signing, we might have paid a little too much in my opinion but klopp can make him worth the money we paid or even more.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: July 8, 2016, 09:25:21 pm »
Thought he looked good. Should have scored obviously, but really liking his movement. Excellent link up with Firmino as well.
Believe

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #428 on: July 8, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »
In theory him and Firmino should be dovetailing nicely as Firmino is very creative and inventive in the final third and has the ability to pick the runs ahead of him - tonight we`ve seen a nice little preview of him and Mane linking up very nicely, it was very encouraging to see.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: July 8, 2016, 09:30:42 pm »
In theory him and Firmino should be dovetailing nicely as Firmino is very creative and inventive in the final third and has the ability to pick the runs ahead of him - tonight we`ve seen a nice little preview of him and Mane linking up very nicely, it was very encouraging to see.

I think that whole front four is now super tasty. I think Sturridge post Injury had lost a little bit of pace but nothing else. However he does like to come deep, Firmino like to push on and Mane likes to run in behind from that outside position. That's incredibly difficult to mark and for coutinho to have that movement in front of him, well it's exactly what he'd thrive on.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #430 on: July 8, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »

He's got goals always on his miiiiiiiind...........all the time, S-S-Sadio. Whoa-oh.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: July 8, 2016, 09:55:24 pm »
It's a lot of money for him but I think in the Mane he'll prove to be a good signing.
There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: July 9, 2016, 01:49:36 am »
His willingness to run in behind the defence is going to cause a lot of problems for teams.  I knew he was fast but there was a few times last night that i thought he wasn't going to get to the ball but he got there with ease. He is deceptively quick over the first 10/15 yards. 

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: July 9, 2016, 04:06:45 am »
there were a few times in the game where his movement attracts a couple of defenders.

That will be useful if our players are intelligent enough to take advantage of the situation and space vacated.

Im impressed with him so far. Could have been a bit more clinical though. Only pre season though. Match sharpness will come in time.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #434 on: July 9, 2016, 04:23:40 am »
Really happy to see his willingness to run in behind defenders. We don't have nearly enough of that in the squad so far.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: July 9, 2016, 06:04:05 am »

In the Transfer thread I posted this...

Re: Sadio Mane 

« Reply #762 on: May 31, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »

Oh Sa-sadio I just say the word,
Oh Sa-sadio I'll just say the word,
Sa-sadio Ma-ne,
Just say the word.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: July 9, 2016, 06:17:49 am »
Pink Floyd's - Money

Mané, gets away
Plays on the wing and scores all day.
Mané, hits the gas
Leaving defenders flat on their ass.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: July 9, 2016, 11:06:43 am »
Was really impressed with his creative side as well. A couple brilliant through balls for Firmino.
Believe

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: July 9, 2016, 11:12:18 am »
Promising when you can already see how nicely he will fit into the side. Very direct, can also pick out a pass. Looking forward to seeing how he does with the likes of Sturridge and Coutinho around him.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #439 on: July 9, 2016, 11:25:43 am »
He's rapid.