Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 55934 times)

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2023, 09:50:17 pm »
A good player, not elite but best of the rest.

Horrific pundit thoguh and does fuck all for the clubs image when its going bad. He was all pally pally 2018-2020 but as soon as there is a hint of strife hes there to put the boot in. Cant stand watching our matches when he is commentating, genuinly considering binning sky off for good now

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2023, 11:00:29 pm »
He used to make a living out of playing for the club, now he makes a living taking the piss out of us. I hate to speak badly of him because he was a legend on the field, a true warrior. Now he's a caricature of his former self. Needs to wind his neck in and remember what being a true supporter is all about, not act like some petulant gobshite with the memory of a goldfish.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: February 22, 2023, 11:33:24 pm »
We've have to completely change the way we defend to accommodate him.
I think we need to do that anyway.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #443 on: February 23, 2023, 11:39:40 am »
People thinking prime Carra would not have been a better option yesterday than Joe Gomez are seriously delusional. The team needed criticism last night, the team played badly at Newcastle even with a man up (Lee Dixon on commentary on NBC was laying into Gomez that day for how he keeps losing Isak and then Callum Wilson when he came on). It is not rocket science that yeah, a lot of them need to be called out for awful performances like most of this season. That is the job of a pundit.

What does that even prove...? Prime Joe Gomez would have been a better option than Joe Gomez yesterday. We had a mare, he had a mare. Prime Christian Poulsen would have been a better option than Fabinho. Great.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: February 23, 2023, 01:50:49 pm »
What does that even prove...? Prime Joe Gomez would have been a better option than Joe Gomez yesterday. We had a mare, he had a mare. Prime Christian Poulsen would have been a better option than Fabinho. Great.

Lol exactly. The stuff some people come out with.

Carra is not a good pundit and clearly a bluenose. In the same breath I can say that he was a very accomplished central defender. I think he was a bit of a hoofer to be honest and questioned his influence in the dressing room. Peak Stephane Henchoz was better than peak Carra.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: February 23, 2023, 02:01:59 pm »
Carragher was a good, not great player for us, in an era when our defenders first, and basically only job was to defend.  He put his body on the line for the club and his heart and bravery was his biggest asset .  If he were a current player he'd be closer to Nat Phillips than Joe Gomez and there's a reason Gomez plays in front of Nat.  I actually think Nat Phillips is a fantastic defender but has his limits as a footballer, playing Phillips, or a prime Carragher, would negate other aspects of how we want to do things.  To accommodate a prime Carragher we'd have to change our whole shape, he was almost a dinosaur when he played.

As a person, he seems a massive twat, Danny fucking Murphy seems to have more affinity these days.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #446 on: February 25, 2023, 08:48:38 pm »
He took a shot at VVD saying he wouldn’t get in the Liverpool team  :wanker

You can tell what VVD said about him in that overlap interview with Neville proper got to him, any chance he gets he's on twitter having a pop at him.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #447 on: February 26, 2023, 03:01:37 am »
You can tell what VVD said about him in that overlap interview with Neville proper got to him, any chance he gets he's on twitter having a pop at him.
Too much ego for a alleged working class hero…

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #448 on: March 7, 2023, 01:13:32 am »
"I am baffled watching Gakpo’s early performances. Gakpo is not a typical Klopp signing, lacking lightning pace and the capacity to lead a high press." - J. Carragher
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: March 7, 2023, 01:19:54 am »
"I am baffled watching Gakpo’s early performances. Gakpo is not a typical Klopp signing, lacking lightning pace and the capacity to lead a high press." - J. Carragher

Eh? Gakpo ain't slow or am I genuinely missing something from Carragher?

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #450 on: March 7, 2023, 03:29:05 am »
Eh? Gakpo ain't slow or am I genuinely missing something from Carragher?
Nope, nothing.

Just the usual Carra talking out of his bitter blue arse.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #451 on: March 7, 2023, 04:09:14 am »
Fuck Carra, OK player, shit pundit (sorry to those who rate him better). Gakpo is a strange mix between Bobby's street play and Salah / Nunez speed. He's got neither 100% but the mix itself is mouthwatering.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #452 on: March 7, 2023, 09:06:53 am »

tbf on MNF he admitted Gakpo has pace when doing his analysis for the third goal but it's just not visually obvious I suppose due to him being a big guy, he moves like he'd be slower but he covers a lot of ground, he basically keeps up with Nunez and Salah on any break.

Jamie gets it wrong but to be honest half the time I think he says stuff just to be a bit controversial and get social media engagement etc. I personally don't like him being called a bitter blue this and that after the service he gave to the club and how he still celebrates Liverpool games and so on.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #453 on: March 7, 2023, 11:43:52 am »
tbf on MNF he admitted Gakpo has pace when doing his analysis for the third goal but it's just not visually obvious I suppose due to him being a big guy, he moves like he'd be slower but he covers a lot of ground, he basically keeps up with Nunez and Salah on any break.

Jamie gets it wrong but to be honest half the time I think he says stuff just to be a bit controversial and get social media engagement etc. I personally don't like him being called a bitter blue this and that after the service he gave to the club and how he still celebrates Liverpool games and so on.
I don't think he says it to get clicks and likes. It appears he genuinely means what he says when slagging us off. He loves it.

He's given more service than all but one player in our entire history. None of the others (of the last 20-30 years Fowler, Gerrard, even bloody Macca and Owen don't stoop to his level) go the extent he does.

And that second part is a facade.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #454 on: March 7, 2023, 11:48:01 am »

Fuck him.

When does saying it for clickbait become what you actually believe, after 1 year, 2 years, 4 years? It's the same tired shit over and over and over and over.

He's a c*nt and fuck right off.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: March 7, 2023, 01:48:23 pm »
I'll never understand the vitriol some people have towards Carra. Do they also think anyone on here who gives a negative assessment of a player - like the posters who claimed we shouldn't have signed Gakpo because we needed a midfielder and he wasn't that great/isn't a difference maker - is a c*nt and a secret bitter who enjoys seeing the club fail?

I don't even think what he said was especially controversial. Klopp's attacking signings have had lightning pace (Mane, Salah, Diaz) or the ability to lead a press (Jota, Firmino) and Gakpo wasn't showing that level of either in his first few games, which was what Carragher was saying. I think most of us were yet to form an opinion but Carra isn't Gary Neville or Danny Mills - he tends to caveat and won't stick to an opinion if he's proven wrong. He wasn't in the studio last night saying this was a one-off and that Gakpo will be back on the bench at the first opportunity.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: March 7, 2023, 01:52:25 pm »
I'm not really arsed about his shite opinions. Everyone has them, and everyone is wrong from time to time. He's a legend to me and will always be one of my biggest heroes.

What really fucking pisses me off is how he is defiantly neutral when on co-comms with Tyler and the rat gridded manc and completely fails to challenge it on air. He's great at all this twitter 'bantz' after the event but doesn't call him it out anywhere near enough for me, in fact usually agrees.

On Sunday it was Souey who went for Neville properly after he aired his absolutely farcical views, Carra just chipped in like a kid shouting behind his dad at a fella in the offie.

It's really weird to be honest, I reckon it must be because he's terrified of losing his job after gollying on that manc.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #457 on: March 7, 2023, 05:12:35 pm »

It was Carragher that was really encouraging the pile on over Ljinders, making out it was a Ljinders signing and he had too much influence (after Brentford defeat in particular).

A lot of fans might have questioned the Gakpo signing in terms of where he fitted in given we have Jota and Nunez through the middle (certainly makes more sense now Bobby is going as a natural replacement). In terms of as a player though it was always stupid to judge him on a team that was on its arse in January, especially as Klopp signings usually need a bit of time to settle anyway.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #458 on: March 7, 2023, 11:22:58 pm »
I'll never understand the vitriol some people have towards Carra. Do they also think anyone on here who gives a negative assessment of a player - like the posters who claimed we shouldn't have signed Gakpo because we needed a midfielder and he wasn't that great/isn't a difference maker - is a c*nt and a secret bitter who enjoys seeing the club fail?

The problem is that people actually bother watching punditry, and then get angry about it. A mixture of wasting time and having milimeter thick skin basically. A symptom of the internet age (as is Carraghers "talking-point" punditry)

Get over it people fucks sake.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: March 8, 2023, 12:21:14 pm »
Why do you think its got anything to do with having thick or thin skin? ;D

He's got a record of being an absolute prick towards us, a pretty clear bitterness around the success the current team has had, sticking the boot in when we've been struggling, and all against a backdrop of occasionally laughing on air when we score a few against United or going 'Ehhhhh have a drink Hendo laaaaaad'. Its a Jamie Carragher thread, the only thing he does is commentary or punditry, and more often than not he's a twat towards the club he's meant to love. Thats all, and thats what gets commented on. If you dont like it....dont go down the Carragher thread then.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: March 8, 2023, 01:48:03 pm »

I don't even think what he said was especially controversial. Klopp's attacking signings have had lightning pace (Mane, Salah, Diaz) or the ability to lead a press (Jota, Firmino) and Gakpo wasn't showing that level of either in his first few games, which was what Carragher was saying. I think most of us were yet to form an opinion but Carra isn't Gary Neville or Danny Mills - he tends to caveat and won't stick to an opinion if he's proven wrong. He wasn't in the studio last night saying this was a one-off and that Gakpo will be back on the bench at the first opportunity.
I think if you watched Gerrard as a pundit compared to Carragher who just see the difference in the love for the club. Same with Kenny.

Carragher just seems like he cannot wait to stick the boot in when we have a difference in form. He also quite clearlky has a soft spot for Everton no matter how hard it tries to conceal it. He comes across as a real fairweather fan.

Gerrard & Kenny just seems to love the club & always want the best while Carragher seems like he likes to actually make fun of the club when is a bad run like a twitter troll. He called the players mentality midgets not so long ago.

It is why Sky's coverage is so cringy. They have 2 real life troll's in Carragher & Neville now so they get their viral hits. It is just old now

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #461 on: March 8, 2023, 01:51:11 pm »

He's got a record of being an absolute prick towards us, a pretty clear bitterness around the success the current team has had, sticking the boot in when we've been struggling, and all against a backdrop of occasionally laughing on air when we score a few against United or going 'Ehhhhh have a drink Hendo laaaaaad'. Its a Jamie Carragher thread, the only thing he does is commentary or punditry, and more often than not he's a twat towards the club he's meant to love. Thats all, and thats what gets commented on. If you dont like it....dont go down the Carragher thread then.

Spot on, the desperation to defend 'Carra' by some on here is quite pathetic.  Leaving aside his antics with Purslow while he was here, he's been an utter c*nt as a pundit.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #462 on: March 8, 2023, 02:25:34 pm »

Stop watching Sky punditry would I think be better advice. I'd like to be able to visit the thread of a much-loved ex-player who I grew up watching, and has broken playing records for the club, without it being filled with utter shite. And until people can behave, I'd personally lock the thread completely so people can go stew on one-liners elsewhere.

Spot on, the desperation to defend 'Carra' by some on here is quite pathetic.  Leaving aside his antics with Purslow while he was here, he's been an utter c*nt as a pundit.

It's not even a case of defending Carra. It's more a question of why people get so precious over shite clickbait-style football punditry, and then come in here frothing at the mouth. "Utter c*nt", "Bitter Bluenose", etc etc etc. Just some of the vitirol on here.

As if some rubbish comments in a shite footy debate with Gary Neville that would be boring if you heard it down the pub, let alone on telly, somehow cancel out of over 700 games for Liverpool.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2023, 02:34:18 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #463 on: March 8, 2023, 02:45:49 pm »
Stop watching Sky punditry would I think be better advice. I'd like to be able to visit the thread of a much-loved ex-player who I grew up watching, and has broken playing records for the club, without it being filled with utter shite. And until people can behave, I'd personally lock the thread completely so people can go stew on one-liners elsewhere.

It's not even a case of defending Carra. It's more a question of why people get so precious over shite clickbait-style football punditry, and then come in here frothing at the mouth. "Utter c*nt", "Bitter Bluenose", etc etc etc. Just some of the vitirol on here.

As if some rubbish comments in a shite footy debate with Gary Neville that would be boring if you heard it down the pub, let alone on telly, somehow cancel out of over 700 games for Liverpool.

Maybe if Carragher stopped being a c*nt people wouldn't call him a c*nt.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: March 8, 2023, 03:07:47 pm »
I think if you watched Gerrard as a pundit compared to Carragher who just see the difference in the love for the club. Same with Kenny.

Carragher just seems like he cannot wait to stick the boot in when we have a difference in form. He also quite clearlky has a soft spot for Everton no matter how hard it tries to conceal it. He comes across as a real fairweather fan.

Gerrard & Kenny just seems to love the club & always want the best while Carragher seems like he likes to actually make fun of the club when is a bad run like a twitter troll. He called the players mentality midgets not so long ago.

It is why Sky's coverage is so cringy. They have 2 real life troll's in Carragher & Neville now so they get their viral hits. It is just old now
Gerrard is on once every three months, when he sits in a chair and gives a passing opinion on a Liverpool game. Carragher is a full-time presenter who has to cover every team and is on multiple times a week, putting together a tactical summary on Monday nights. He'll be negative if we're playing badly and people have to accept that. It isn't his job to represent the club, to be a professional fan or to hate Everton.

But again, there are dozens of posters on RAWK who've been far more insulting about individual players, the owners and the club than he ever has. That mentality midget crack had already been used on here for instance. So are those posters officially c*nts and not 'real' fans?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: March 8, 2023, 03:12:00 pm »

Sorry, not having that. People are to just ignore people and how they are behaving now so we can just remember them when they were plyers? I'm obviously not just thinking about Carragher here. You could add numerous players from other teams as well as our own whose opinions in the media make them to sound like idiots. Paul Merson being the obvious candidate. Very good player but talks utter shite and is quite rightly derided for it.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: March 8, 2023, 03:31:01 pm »

Sadly I could stop watching Sky punditry and still get a fix of his bitter vitriol, because he's not just employed by Sky.

And if you 'would like to be able to visit the thread of a much-loved ex-player who I grew up watching, and has broken playing records for the club, without it being filled with utter shite.....'

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=287273.0

Go there  :wave

That ones not full of 'utter shite' because Robbie Fowler isn't an utter c*nt about the team he professes to love.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: March 8, 2023, 05:25:35 pm »
Gerrard is on once every three months, when he sits in a chair and gives a passing opinion on a Liverpool game. Carragher is a full-time presenter who has to cover every team and is on multiple times a week, putting together a tactical summary on Monday nights. He'll be negative if we're playing badly and people have to accept that. It isn't his job to represent the club, to be a professional fan or to hate Everton.

But again, there are dozens of posters on RAWK who've been far more insulting about individual players, the owners and the club than he ever has. That mentality midget crack had already been used on here for instance. So are those posters officially c*nts and not 'real' fans?
That post you highlighted was after a pre-season friendly when we won the Champions League. It was a joke.

Carragher goes in harder on Liverpool than any other team from what I have seen

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: March 8, 2023, 07:20:51 pm »
The problem is that people actually bother watching punditry, and then get angry about it. A mixture of wasting time and having milimeter thick skin basically. A symptom of the internet age (as is Carraghers "talking-point" punditry)

The problem is it sets the narrative when the Sky pundits set their agendas. Keys and Gray were bad enough.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #469 on: March 9, 2023, 02:13:57 pm »

:lmao  State of that comment!

He’s a pundit these days - he seems to be on constantly as well as in the written media and social media, it’s hard to get away from him and his very loud opinions. So just because you don’t like people talking about him in his current guise as a pundit - we should lock the thread.  Yep, makes perfect sense.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: March 9, 2023, 03:39:56 pm »

Thing is though, people pay a fucking huge amount of money for Sky Sports, so they have the right to expect commentary and punditry that matches the outlay, not have to put up with twitter or TikTok bollocks from "pundits" who are paid a huge amount of money from their subscription fees. If they don't want to provide it, they should fuck off to youtube and peddle their shite there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 9, 2023, 08:30:00 pm »

You could apply the same to yourself and this thread though

Easy to just ignore his thread if you dont like the content

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2024, 12:50:59 pm »
He's managed to absolutely incense all non Liverpool fans by talking about Leverkusen.

He's alright by me

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2024, 04:23:45 pm »

Totally agree. He's been called a c*nt twice on this page alone. Gerrard's had that as well. Two out and out legends of the club regularly slandered on here all because people disagree with their opinions. It's a joke. A few of our legends from the 70s and 80s are lucky they were able to keep a low profile in their day because if they ever had a chance at taking a gig for big money in a country people here don't like, expressed a political view or got into punditry and didn't just constantly big Liverpool players up, we'd probably have no proper legends left in the eyes of many rawkites.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2024, 04:31:25 pm »
Alternatively, being a Liverpool legend has absolutely nothing to do with being a c*nt or not. If El Hadji Diouf had played 400 games for us and scored a load of goals he'd have still been one. And selling yourself out to go and peddle yourself in the sportswashing capital of the world also makes you one, regardless of how many screamers you scored for a football team.

(not that any of this applies to Carra, he's not a c*nt. Just a bit of a twat sometimes)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2024, 08:35:21 pm »
Totally agree. He's been called a c*nt twice on this page alone. Gerrard's had that as well. Two out and out legends of the club regularly slandered on here all because people disagree with their opinions. It's a joke. A few of our legends from the 70s and 80s are lucky they were able to keep a low profile in their day because if they ever had a chance at taking a gig for big money in a country people here don't like, expressed a political view or got into punditry and didn't just constantly big Liverpool players up, we'd probably have no proper legends left in the eyes of many rawkites.

Mainly because of how he acted in his own interests and went against Rafa.

Stevie like anyone who bends over for the Saudi riyal are c*nts & will be c*nts until the day they die.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: February 14, 2024, 08:35:51 am »

He is. And he was when he played for us as well. Used to love Carragher, then I read his book (came out around 2007) and thought what an absolute dickhead with the shite he spouted in there. Then he overstayed his welcome as a player by several years and quite nefariously as well. He's a dickhead as a pundit as well, along with his mate Neville. He spent his entire childhood despising LFC with a passion - that's not going to leave you. Not to mention spitting at kids.

The Gerrard/Henderson one is more problematic as it's the one issue with moving to Saudi Arabia, particularly Henderson after previous causes. Carragher has his good qualities as well (charity work and so forth) but he's always been a bit of a nasty character. Henderson always seemed a genuinely nice person and was a great Liverpool captain, which is why many feel let down. Carragher was merely a good defender for a few years in the 2000s.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #477 on: February 14, 2024, 08:42:06 am »
"a good defender"

Fucking hell..

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: February 14, 2024, 09:18:26 am »
"a good defender"

Fucking hell..

Alternatively an average one who performed to a really good level for a few years under Rafa next to Hyypia or Agger (who were just better all round defenders).

He was ultimately very slow, poor with the ball at his feet and not dominant in the air so was always limited. He needed to play a low block in well drilled, compact and defensive sides to flourish and Hyypia was always much the better defender. He was never good after he left.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: February 14, 2024, 09:28:06 am »
He is. And he was when he played for us as well. Used to love Carragher, then I read his book (came out around 2007) and thought what an absolute dickhead with the shite he spouted in there. Then he overstayed his welcome as a player by several years and quite nefariously as well. He's a dickhead as a pundit as well, along with his mate Neville. He spent his entire childhood despising LFC with a passion - that's not going to leave you. Not to mention spitting at kids.

The Gerrard/Henderson one is more problematic as it's the one issue with moving to Saudi Arabia, particularly Henderson after previous causes. Carragher has his good qualities as well (charity work and so forth) but he's always been a bit of a nasty character. Henderson always seemed a genuinely nice person and was a great Liverpool captain, which is why many feel let down. Carragher was merely a good defender for a few years in the 2000s.

He didn't spit at a kid. He spat at a scumbag that had no regard for his kid's life when he was driving down the road with a mobile phone in his hand and hanging out the window trying to wind up some guy off the telly.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT