Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2557793 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Reply #43640 on: April 26, 2024, 11:29:57 am »
Well this is shit rather than annoying!!

The eldest granddaughter has had a quite serious injury playing football on Sunday when she's gone in for a tackle but the contact impact has ripped her thigh muscle off her pelvis 😳😕

Bloody hell, sounds painful - little miss Gerrard there.

Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43641 on: April 26, 2024, 11:49:36 am »

Hopefully she doesn't insist on going to school tomorrow so she can rest properly.

She didnt go did she Debs?

Hope she has a speedy recovery  :wave
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43642 on: April 26, 2024, 01:04:12 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes folks 👍

Ouch. That must have been painful!

when I was a teen, my mate had to have his spleen removed after an attempted overhead kick during a kickabout after school.

Yeah the spleen is always vulnerable to those types of landings.

Bloody hell, sounds painful - little miss Gerrard there.

Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

She's tough as old boots Rob.  Did the injury at 15mins into the game and played the full 90 😳

Was only when she'd stopped playing they realised how bad it was.  Her mum's having to dress her again which is not good at 14 😂

She didnt go did she Debs?

Hope she has a speedy recovery  :wave

I've not heard anything yet mate but I'm assuming not.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43643 on: April 27, 2024, 10:52:57 am »
The many people on this forum who consistently spell the surname of Harvey Elliott as Elliot....you wouldn't spell Salah as Sala, or Mac Allister as McAllister, or Van Dijk as Van Dyke.
It annoys me as much as lose being written as loose.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43644 on: April 27, 2024, 10:54:16 am »
The many people on this forum who consistently spell the surname of Harvey Elliott as Elliot....you wouldn't spell Salah as Sala, or Mac Allister as McAllister, or Van Dijk as Van Dyke.
It annoys me as much as lose being written as loose.

Tell that to Hyppia and Risse.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #43645 on: April 27, 2024, 04:41:25 pm »
Ordered a McDelivery including a Deluxe Double Quarter Pounder (I was hungover), coming to £14.66. Turned up with everything except the actual burger. Rang Uber Eats and they processed my refund, which was a £2.91 flat fee. I rang back but that was their (obviously scripted) response, flat fee, so nothing close to the item that I didn't receive.

Walked past the restaurant in question a few hours later and nipped in, manager refunded me there and then.

Shut Uber down, abysmal company.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:43:35 pm by bradders1011 »
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43646 on: April 27, 2024, 04:50:39 pm »
Ordered a McDelivery including a Deluxe Double Quarter Pounder (I was hungover), coming to £14.66. Turned up with everything except the actual burger. Rang Uber Eats and they processed my refund, which was a £2.91 flat fee. I rang back but that was their (obviously scripted) response, flat fee, so nothing close to the item that I didn't receive.

Walked past the restaurant in question a few hours later and nipped in, manager refunded me there and then.

Shut Uber down, abysmal company.

I'd have been spitting feathers if I was you.

Can remember a decade ordering a Chicken Escalope in a white bap in a cafe one dinner time. I opened the bag when I got back to the office and had salad in a white bap but no Escalope. Took me about an hour to calm down before I went back  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43647 on: April 27, 2024, 05:06:59 pm »
I'd have been spitting feathers if I was you.

Can remember a decade ordering a Chicken Escalope in a white bap in a cafe one dinner time. I opened the bag when I got back to the office and had salad in a white bap but no Escalope. Took me about an hour to calm down before I went back  ;D

The exact same thing happened to me about ten year ago too. Must be some chicken escalope racket  going on! Had a toasted focaccia (been in London too long) with a bit of lettuce and mozerella. Absolutely fuming. :lmao

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43648 on: April 27, 2024, 08:03:29 pm »
The exact same thing happened to me about ten year ago too. Must be some chicken escalope racket  going on! Had a toasted focaccia (been in London too long) with a bit of lettuce and mozerella. Absolutely fuming. :lmao

Not wrong :lmao

Probably the biggest thing I miss from my days in the square mile.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #43649 on: Yesterday at 08:41:13 am »

We had a big Indian takeaway for 7 people and nothing more annoying than eating the poppadoms and starters before discovering one of the meals is missing. Normally it’s mine, but not this time- too far away to go back and sort it out, had to share the food between us which was ok anyway as there is always too much!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43650 on: Yesterday at 10:14:21 am »

We had a big Indian takeaway for 7 people and nothing more annoying than eating the poppadoms and starters before discovering one of the meals is missing. Normally it’s mine, but not this time- too far away to go back and sort it out, had to share the food between us which was ok anyway as there is always too much!

Yeah that also happens to me! Whichever type of takeaway we order, if there’s an item missing it’s almost certainly mine

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #43651 on: Today at 11:39:49 am »
Doing some interviews today for a role in my team, someone booked 3 interviews back to back from 12 - 2:30.

When am I meant to have lunch?  :wanker
« Last Edit: Today at 12:03:10 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43652 on: Today at 11:54:44 am »
Doing some interviews today for a role in my team, someone 3 interviews back to back from 12 - 2:30.

In the interview. Firing out the questions in between taking massive chunks and out of your ham, cheese and pickle baguette. Remember to chew with your mouth open.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #43653 on: Today at 12:04:21 pm »
In the interview. Firing out the questions in between taking massive chunks and out of your ham, cheese and pickle baguette. Remember to chew with your mouth open.

Would be like my first job interview. Hiring manager had his feet up on the desk, firing elastic bands around the room while chatting and spent more time talking about football and his sons Halo game than the actual job or asking me anything.

I got it, and I hated it. He has had about 3 promotions since.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43654 on: Today at 12:59:01 pm »
Doing some interviews today for a role in my team, someone booked 3 interviews back to back from 12 - 2:30.

Hopefully you're a chef?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43655 on: Today at 01:56:43 pm »
and picking your teeth, belching and farting.

Online kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43656 on: Today at 05:04:34 pm »
Muscle memory is a bit of a pain when it's not being beneficial, isn't it? I've had to change a few things up in my internet browser, I keep clicking where the buttons no longer are.