Author Topic: DONT lose sight of what the goal is!  (Read 3159 times)

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
DONT lose sight of what the goal is!
« on: August 2, 2010, 06:37:24 pm »
I know at the moment a lot of you are getting carried away with what going on of the scenes but lets remember we've been here before in easter we were supposdly getting a £100million investment it never happened... let just calm down a bit and carry on what we have all been doing so well of recent... make sure the yanks know even with the so called 'takeover within days' that they are still not welcome anywhere!

So in the meantime instead of twiddling our thumbs in excitiment head over to a few of the threads set up by royhendo, fat scouser and shankly boy and help moves this process along, obviously it is your right not to want to do this but please dont go in there and be little the efforts others want to put in! if you've got nothing nice to say dont say anything at all!

Here are just a few links to help pass the time :D
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=261222.0 < RBS petition
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=261388.0 < Email Stephen Hester (still awaiting the email address)

If you go through this part of the forum you will find a load of things you could be doing to help SAVE YOUR/OUR CLUB!

Also least we forget JOIN YOUR UNION head over to http://www.spiritofshankly.com/ they will be here a lot longer then the yanks will take a look at the long term aims are you will be impressed!

and most remember You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline fatherjack

• Anny Roader
  • Keep the faith and Walk On.
Re: DONT lose sight of what the goal is!
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2010, 07:46:31 pm »
I think we just might have the yanks lined up in the sights mate, that final push may be all that is needed now. Got the letter and questions suggested by FS sent off this afternoon we need to keep the pressure on Hester now FS is spot on about that.
SOS member 3252

LiverpoolFC............Did you think we would leave you dying?

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 2, 2010, 07:53:00 pm »
I think we just might have the yanks lined up in the sights mate, that final push may be all that is needed now. Got the letter and questions suggested by FS sent off this afternoon we need to keep the pressure on Hester now FS is spot on about that.
definatly! RBS are the main target to get this transistion through as quickly, proffesionally and checking no stone is unturned! 

Offline Bring Back Fowler

• Main Stander
  • Out-Of-Towner
« Reply #3 on: August 3, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »
Is there anything organised for Thursday nights match? Surely its an opportunity to make a big statement. The world's media are currently focussed on the club and there is a chance to puile the pressure on RBS and the board to do the right thing. Something big should be organised for inside the stadium. The match is done and dusted so there is no chance of it affecting the players chances on the pitch.

Tried to bring this up in the match thread but people in there only seem to be worried whether Hodgson will play Pacheco or not.
Rush - Fowler - Torres

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 3, 2010, 01:06:35 pm »
Is there anything organised for Thursday nights match? Surely its an opportunity to make a big statement. The world's media are currently focussed on the club and there is a chance to puile the pressure on RBS and the board to do the right thing. Something big should be organised for inside the stadium. The match is done and dusted so there is no chance of it affecting the players chances on the pitch.

Tried to bring this up in the match thread but people in there only seem to be worried whether Hodgson will play Pacheco or not.
id say either do what shankly boy has been saying to do and wear black clothing and a plain black scarf or if you dont want to go black then just take red banners down or take one of the spirit of shankly 'not welcome anywhere' posters and hold it up during the game!

Offline Billymcmad

• Boys Pen
« Reply #5 on: August 3, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »
hey guys i dont know if anyone has already suggested this.
how about we devalue the club for a short period the yanks obviously want to bleed the club and any potential bidder dry.
if we stop buying anything directly from the club with the exception of tickets (As we still need to support the team)
I think that if enough of us do this until the club is sold the profits will obvious fall at a rapid rate if we make this public knowledge then the yanks should except an offer sooner rather than later.
once the ownership has transfered we can buy our shirts from the clubshop and our scouse pies again on matchday i really think this would work as they are obviously greedy sh1ts and we will be hurting them in there pockets. if we pass this information out on matchday too then the thousands of supporters who dont read these post or are from out of town will help us bring the yank to there knees along with the other stuff where doing it could help but we need enough of us, just by everyone not buying a scouse pie at half time will cost them roughly £135,000 i will let you guys do the rest of the math.
REMEMBER THIS WILL ONLY BE A SHORT TERM ATTACK ON THE YANKS.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2010, 07:33:44 pm by Billymcmad »

Offline brownie 09

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2010, 07:36:19 pm »
hey guys i dont know if anyone has already suggested this.
how about we devalue the club for a short period the yanks obviously want to bleed the club and any potential bidder dry.
if we stop buying anything directly from the club with the exception of tickets (As we still need to support the team)
I think that if enough of us do this until the club is sold the profits will obvious fall at a rapid rate if we make this public knowledge then the yanks should except an offer sooner rather than later.
once the ownership has transfered we can buy our shirts from the clubshop and our scouse pies again on matchday i really think this would work as they are obviously greedy sh1ts and we will be hurting them in there pockets. if we pass this information out on matchday too then the thousands of supporters who dont read these post or are from out of town will help us bring the yank to there knees along with the other stuff where doing it could help but we need enough of us, just by everyone not buying a scouse pie at half time will cost them roughly £135,000 i will let you guys do the rest of the math.
REMEMBER THIS WILL ONLY BE A SHORT TERM ATTACK ON THE YANKS.
there are already a lot of people doing that mate, we have our own kit being made and people not going game and not buying merchindise if you get more people to stop then just spread the word :)

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:48 pm »
there are already a lot of people doing that mate, we have our own kit being made and people not going game and not buying merchindise if you get more people to stop then just spread the word :)

Should be more I say
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Redguard

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 07:59:46 pm »
Should be more I say

Agreed. Which reminds me of Adlai Stevenson.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adlai_Stevenson

"Stevenson's wit was legendary. During one of Stevenson's presidential campaigns, allegedly, a supporter told him that he was sure to "get the vote of every thinking man" in the U.S., to which Stevenson is said to have replied, "Thank you, but I need a majority to win."

In other words intelligence in the ordinary man is in the minority - that's the problem then - and now with those 'spectators' who can't visualise the importance of saving our club.

I haven't sworn or picked on individuals, but for some reason there are those who so disagree that I'm now classified as 'watched.' Cheers!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Offline paranoidmike

• They're watching me, I swear.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 01:35:35 pm »

Have those like myself not going to the cup games mad any difference? From what I could see on the telly it looked pretty much like a full house.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 01:31:54 pm »
Agreed. Which reminds me of Adlai Stevenson.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adlai_Stevenson

"Stevenson's wit was legendary. During one of Stevenson's presidential campaigns, allegedly, a supporter told him that he was sure to "get the vote of every thinking man" in the U.S., to which Stevenson is said to have replied, "Thank you, but I need a majority to win."

In other words intelligence in the ordinary man is in the minority - that's the problem then - and now with those 'spectators' who can't visualise the importance of saving our club.

This part of your post is really appropriate, sums a lot of our fans up to a T

I haven't sworn or picked on individuals, but for some reason there are those who so disagree that I'm now classified as 'watched.' Cheers!

Having had a quick scan through your previous posts I'd be interested to know why you're 'watched' also, if for no other reason than so I know what is acceptable and unacceptable on this forum. cos looking at your history I see little wrong with what you've said so far.

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.