Author Topic: SaveLFC Campaign - get angry at whoever you like - the gloves are off  (Read 14760 times)

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
Re: SaveLFC Campaign - get angry at whoever you like - the gloves are off
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 12:45:22 pm »

Done before?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »
So, in the spirit of Smashie and Nicey after their shift to Whisper FM's nightshift show, "Let's Rock!". ;D

A big hello to all you truckers out there.........
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 05:37:59 pm »
deep breath....and go again lads
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 05:56:12 pm »
A very rough unfinished concept, based on an idea by Roy a few weeks back....

Not sure how to finish it though.  I think it'd probably look best with the different people all turned into caricatures or cartoons....but thats well beyond my ability.  If anyone wants to try and do something with the basic idea, please go ahead.
how about filling the background of the bottom one with all the trophies theyve won

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »

its amazing to think that our left back,who will never score a goal for us or even kick a ball for us,has a salary that is only 10k a week less than the whole team put together.Incredible

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 06:09:27 pm »
Premiership Table
P    Team                          Pld   W      D       L    F     A    Pts   GD
14    Liverpool
15    Norwich City                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
16    Nottingham Forest            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
17    Portsmouth                    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
18    Preston North End            0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
19    Queens Park Rangers    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0

Not a pretty site....imagine how it would look and feel if it actually happened
The start to a new season in the championship

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 08:44:40 pm »
how about filling the background of the bottom one with all the trophies theyve won

how about stormclouds or a shitstorm above the tumours and all the trophies above our guys
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:17 pm »
http://artthreat.net/2007/02/graffiti-arts-neutron-bomb/

This is something eye-catching and do-able.  If the SoS logo could be 100 ft high on a building in a few choice places.

Shameless bump

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 01:07:50 pm »
You can't project an image onto a building without the permission of the building owners. However, I wonder if you can project an image onto water, as in that Greenpeace photo, without legal ramifications?

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 01:24:22 pm »
You can't project an image onto a building without the permission of the building owners. However, I wonder if you can project an image onto water, as in that Greenpeace photo, without legal ramifications?

How about in the night sky, Batman stylee? doable?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 01:26:30 pm »
How about in the night sky, Batman stylee? doable?
Some grotty little nightclub near my place used to do it all the time so I don't think it's too difficult to do although I'm not sure exactly what equipment they were using.

But as it was a small place I'm assuimng they weren't using expensive equipment in order to do it

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 01:34:31 pm »
Some grotty little nightclub near my place used to do it all the time so I don't think it's too difficult to do although I'm not sure exactly what equipment they were using.

But as it was a small place I'm assuimng they weren't using expensive equipment in order to do it

Did FHM get permission off the Houses of Parliament to project a scantily clad Gayle Porter on to the side, and if not what were the repercussions?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 01:37:21 pm »
In the sky near Anfield for an evening kick-off? Or on the Mersey with the press primed?

My daughter was involved with La Princess and some big event stuff - I'll see if I can tap into her contacts and start sussing it out (cost etc) if the general view is that it's worthwhile. I volunteered to help out on savelfc but have heard nothing back so I'm assuming all existing ventures are well-covered with willing bodies.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 02:03:03 pm »
Did FHM get permission off the Houses of Parliament to project a scantily clad Gayle Porter on to the side, and if not what were the repercussions?
Not sure but that was back in 1999.

However Chrisitan Aid did a similar thing recently without any trouble:

http://www.edie.net/news/news_story.asp?id=17047

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/ActNow/Countdown-to-Copenhagen-climate-change/mass-visual-trespass/mass-visual-trespass-parliament.aspx

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 04:05:37 pm »
We did look at the 'projected image' when we first started......fantastic idea in my opinion.
Especially for a night game at Anfield.

I think Kit said we needed special permission to do it.

There are a number of possible sites around Anfield and I could have sworn I posted them on here. I can't find them in any of the threads so maybe I didn't. I'll do some digging.
I got the details of the housing association around Anfield when I went to the last march and they keep fobbing me off so I might just see if I can turn the screw a little.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 04:07:17 pm »
In the sky near Anfield for an evening kick-off? Or on the Mersey with the press primed?

My daughter was involved with La Princess and some big event stuff - I'll see if I can tap into her contacts and start sussing it out (cost etc) if the general view is that it's worthwhile. I volunteered to help out on savelfc but have heard nothing back so I'm assuming all existing ventures are well-covered with willing bodies.

See if the big spider is doing anything special too mate.

Maybe we can storm the pitch in that.....ala League of Incredible Gentlemen/Capt Nemo.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »
Not sure but that was back in 1999.

However Chrisitan Aid did a similar thing recently without any trouble:

http://www.edie.net/news/news_story.asp?id=17047

http://www.christianaid.org.uk/ActNow/Countdown-to-Copenhagen-climate-change/mass-visual-trespass/mass-visual-trespass-parliament.aspx

Nice swan.

Permission aside, the idea behind being mobile is that you don't get caught if you do it for a short time.

Another idea, and it's a real pipe dream, would be to get an SoS advertising board at a lower league club.  When we find out who we're playing in the Carling Cup or Fa Cup, and hopefully they're in League two and strapped for cash, we offer them a nice sum to put up a very noticeable SoS advert on the halfway line or behind a goal.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:58 pm »
Another foot soldier reporting for duty Roy, more than happy to help wherever I can. There is one condition though, please don’t ask me to do anything arty, I’ll only let you down and embarrass myself, badly.
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 12:32:21 am »
Hey everyone.

Any thoughts on the letterhead idea for FS's troops that are still sending letters?

Or is it not a good idea?
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline manifest

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2010, 12:40:10 am »
well, it's the 27th July......and we are well past Broughton's "mid-July" for bids.

Must be about time to ask him what's been going on....haven't heard a peep from him. Perhaps my union might consider a swift missive?

Of course, it is the kind of question that in all honesty we may not want the answer to, because what if there are no bids, and Torres has probably been asking this very question, the outlook could be grim. But we need to know the basic truths, if not all the details. In a way, boughtin did a nice piece of evasion...there was a ton of pressure, he said bids by mid-july, and that took the energy out of much of the pressure.

I think that the lull in the wide pressure, from those not committed to the actions like SaveLFC, is because the club was up for sale, and looked like there was genuine intent for it to happen. Sale goes through, what is the point in going after Hicks etc. now. Whether it is right or not, the next burst/growth of resistance will be likely to occur when the next wave of info hits.....I think this guerrilla war that has been waged for several years now has to 'go with the flow" to some extent...to catch the wave when it comes, as Royhendo did at the end of the season to great effect, and SOS had done in the early days.

The next wave will be either the club is sold.....
or there are no buyers/Hicks won't sell and then Torres becomes a huge issue. He may be the next point of leverage....though it sickens me to think what it means for him to be so.

I don't mean that work that is ongoing should stop. Rather that sometimes we have to take which waves we are given to ride. I guess I am saying that the next layer of currently unaffected fans may not be reachable until the next layer of the crisis dawns on them. But be ready to lead when the crisis does hit.

'Scuse, just thinking out loud. 

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:29 am »
well, it's the 27th July......and we are well past Broughton's "mid-July" for bids.

Must be about time to ask him what's been going on....haven't heard a peep from him. Perhaps my union might consider a swift missive?

Of course, it is the kind of question that in all honesty we may not want the answer to, because what if there are no bids, and Torres has probably been asking this very question, the outlook could be grim. But we need to know the basic truths, if not all the details. In a way, boughtin did a nice piece of evasion...there was a ton of pressure, he said bids by mid-july, and that took the energy out of much of the pressure.

I think that the lull in the wide pressure, from those not committed to the actions like SaveLFC, is because the club was up for sale, and looked like there was genuine intent for it to happen. Sale goes through, what is the point in going after Hicks etc. now. Whether it is right or not, the next burst/growth of resistance will be likely to occur when the next wave of info hits.....I think this guerrilla war that has been waged for several years now has to 'go with the flow" to some extent...to catch the wave when it comes, as Royhendo did at the end of the season to great effect, and SOS had done in the early days.

The next wave will be either the club is sold.....
or there are no buyers/Hicks won't sell and then Torres becomes a huge issue. He may be the next point of leverage....though it sickens me to think what it means for him to be so.

I don't mean that work that is ongoing should stop. Rather that sometimes we have to take which waves we are given to ride. I guess I am saying that the next layer of currently unaffected fans may not be reachable until the next layer of the crisis dawns on them. But be ready to lead when the crisis does hit.

'Scuse, just thinking out loud. 

Good points there mate.
'Riding the wave' is something we've been conscious of from day one.
Joe Cole signing and the subsequent issues on R.A.W.K have certainly reinforced how fragile that wave is.
It shouldn't be a surprise though as it's been that way for years.
As soon as the team does well the ownership threads die a death.

So that particular barometer has been going up and down like that for years.
There are two ways to go about it with The Campaign. Wait in the shallows until the next big breaker comes along and we either ride it to shore or fall off after a second, depending on if it's good or bad news.

Or we get our own big wave machine out and create our own.
That way we are not dependant on the vagaries of good or bad news....we just carry on regardless.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline fatherjack

• Anny Roader
  • Keep the faith and Walk On.
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2010, 01:49:28 am »
Good points there mate.
'Riding the wave' is something we've been conscious of from day one.
Joe Cole signing and the subsequent issues on R.A.W.K have certainly reinforced how fragile that wave is.
It shouldn't be a surprise though as it's been that way for years.
As soon as the team does well the ownership threads die a death.

So that particular barometer has been going up and down like that for years.
There are two ways to go about it with The Campaign. Wait in the shallows until the next big breaker comes along and we either ride it to shore or fall off after a second, depending on if it's good or bad news.

Or we get our own big wave machine out and create our own.
That way we are not dependant on the vagaries of good or bad news....we just carry on regardless.

It has definately got to the point where we have to start creating the waves, G&H are playing for time hoping that global finances pickup and they can find a buyer. The danger with that scenario is though that things don't pickup anytime soon the current interest payments of 110,000 plus per day sink our club into oblivion.

We need to start thinking of ways to make waves right at the top of RBS and as RBS was bailed out by the last government and is infact owned by the taxpayer then perhaps the ordinary taxpayer needs to be informed that a bank owned by them is complicit in helping to promote daylight robbery to line the pockets of two yankee shysters.
SOS member 3252

LiverpoolFC............Did you think we would leave you dying?

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 06:49:43 am »
If/when Torres goes, how long before threads from here make their way to the FOOTBALL board?

I'll guess 1 minute
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

royhendo

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:00 am »

That is a tremendous concept - if it was reworked as an official looking press release then I think the media would run with it. It's smart and witty and also brutally reveals the size of the problems facing the club.

royhendo

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2010, 09:23:47 am »
Do we have any press release templates? I've never done one but I'd be delighted to give it a go.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2010, 09:32:29 am »
Do we have any press release templates? I've never done one but I'd be delighted to give it a go.

I'm sure someone on here can find a template or C&P something they have received from a club for a new signing. Want to start something off in writers forum roy?

The trick is to actually get it onto the desks of journalists who would use it in the right manner. :wave

royhendo

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:13 am »
Indeed mate - I tried that yesterday (spent a couple of hours on it worldwide) and got 2 bites in Texas.

But we'll keep at it. If you guys can advise on how to get that leverage with the journos, it'd be appreciated. I have a magazine in process that was gonna be for that purpose, but this would work better I think.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2010, 10:05:23 am »

I think we should use the Press Release format as an e mail we can forward to friends and get them to forward to fellow fans.

Basically it would be an e mail with simple facts to make people sit up and notice.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

royhendo

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2010, 01:27:53 pm »
Have asked a couple of people for help.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2010, 08:51:42 pm »
Gahrgle!

I must still be in holiday mode, (got back a few days ago).

And first now I see the Campaign Forum. *slaps forehead*

Gonna do some reading and see what/where/how I can help.

PM, bump, poke me, whatever with things needed to do.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:26 am »
You're all knobheads - everyone in the Footy forum thinks that everything is hunky-dory now and all the 'Doom Mongers' are wankers..

Just so you know..

Andy McDoomMongeringKnobheadedWanker
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2010, 12:08:58 pm »
You're all knobheads - everyone in the Footy forum thinks that everything is hunky-dory now and all the 'Doom Mongers' are wankers..

Just so you know..

Apparently number 19 is on it's way shortly ::)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »
Apparently number 19 is on it's way shortly ::)

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

royhendo

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 12:53:29 pm »
If you're getting called a knobhead, make sure you report it to the mods. They're trying to moderate it in an even-handed way and you can bet your bottom dollar people are doing that to your posts.

Meanwhile, there's nowt you can do but prepare for the next wave of outrage mate.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 03:21:33 pm »
Apologies if its already been suggested but has anyone thought about paying for a advertizement in the mirror  or whoever ala those press releases B.A. did to their customers during the cabin crew strike? could get aldo or karen gill or whoever to write it publicising the problems and calling out rbs etc? Or would it be too expensive?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »
Apologies if its already been suggested but has anyone thought about paying for a advertizement in the mirror  or whoever ala those press releases B.A. did to their customers during the cabin crew strike? could get aldo or karen gill or whoever to write it publicising the problems and calling out rbs etc? Or would it be too expensive?

Stuff like that is ongoing mate...no stone unturned and all that......and yes it is expensive.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:50 pm »
Is the paper aeroplane protest still going on v Arsenal? If so will there be protest sheets handed out for supporters to fold up?
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 05:03:09 pm »

Just so you know..

Luke Young, eh? Not looking such a doommongeringknobheadedwanker this evening, Andy.