Author Topic: Bankruptcy judge delays Texas Rangers auction to Aug. 4  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
Bankruptcy judge delays Texas Rangers auction to Aug. 4
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:12:49 am »
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/071410dnsporangauction.1384dd2e1.html

FORT WORTH – A U.S. bankruptcy judge, puckishly declaring he wanted to make each side equally displeased, on Tuesday pushed the date of the Texas Rangers auction back to Aug. 4 and said the team could emerge from bankruptcy the same day.

"We're going to get this process on the road," Bankruptcy Judge Michael Lynn said. "I know this doesn't make all of us happy. But if that's so, I've done something right in this case."

Earlier, an attorney for club president Nolan Ryan and Pittsburgh sports attorney Chuck Greenberg softened his stance on a breach-of-contract lawsuit filed Monday against two entities that own the team. The attorney, Tom Lauria, did not formally withdraw the headline-grabbing suit but defused his maneuver by not requesting an injunction to stop the team's restructuring officer from courting new bidders.

Tuesday's courtroom tug-of-war featured the Greenberg-Ryan group's argument that the new auction should occur well before Aug. 12, when its financing agreements purportedly expire. But major lenders wanted a date in September, asserting that an earlier date might not give potential rival bidders – Houston businessman Jim Crane and Dallas investor Jeff Beck – enough time to arrange funding.

Under the judge's bidding procedures, the Greenberg-Ryan group will still make the opening, or "stalking horse," bid. The next bid must be at least $15 million higher, down from the $20 million originally proposed. Subsequent bids each must go up at least $2 million..........
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
Re: Bankruptcy judge delays Texas Rangers auction to Aug. 4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:13:52 am »
Imagine being sold buy action?

Can this be done here in the UK?
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

royhendo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:58:10 am »
Here's to Hicks seeing none of the proceeds.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »
I think from our point of view that it is the eventual sale price of the parking lots that will have the greatest impact on Hicks' personal losses, if any - as bizarre as it sounds.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.