Author Topic: Exactly what kind of owners would you prefer?  (Read 24473 times)

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
Re: What kind of owners would you prefer?
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2010, 01:44:53 pm »
Because you're a big Kylie fan?
;D Tart

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:30 pm »
Since we are talking about finding the right INVESTOR, we have to acknowledge that the club is now a business. It's been that way since Morgan sold the club. However, I don't mind to look at it from a business perspective. Liverpool Football Club can be run successfully like a good business and if done correctly, in theory, should satisfy everyone - both the investor and the supporters.

It should be noted that anyone buying LFC should see this as a medium to long-term investment. It's not about spending a lot of money for no result. Everyone must be held accountable. The club must be given a reasonable amount of time is given to accomplish a set of goals within a set budget.

Offline GoldenAgger

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:52 pm »
I said this today.

No sugardaddies.  We have too much history and pride to buy anything.

1. Eliminate debt
2. Build the stadium
3. Involve fans

Ideally I want shareliverpoolFC. 

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »
Why not? City owner like would be nice i would of thought lol.

It's too easy. If I had £300m to spend every transfer window I honestly reckon I could win a trophy. It invites plastic flag waving (flags which you've paid for) fans. It erodes the culture and personality of the club (something the fans who were at this club 20+ years ago moan about now).

And every single success would be hollow. If you win something it'd be like "yeah brilliant" but it'd be nothing, NOTHING, like successes like Istanbul, because it'd be 100% expected. If you win, then you've not done anything special. Which means that the position you put yourself in is just one where anything out of the ordinary would be to lose. The fans are on Rafa's back as it is, despite what he's done for the club. It'd be a fickle, fickle business.

Billionaire owners who pump endless amounts into the club? No thanks!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline WelshKopite

• "I'm done with my negativity...seriously. I'm not posting one more negative thing, quote me on it."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 01:51:01 pm »
It's too easy. If I had £300m to spend every transfer window I honestly reckon I could win a trophy. It invites plastic flag waving (flags which you've paid for) fans. It erodes the culture and personality of the club (something the fans who were at this club 20+ years ago moan about now).

And every single success would be hollow. If you win something it'd be like "yeah brilliant" but it'd be nothing, NOTHING, like successes like Istanbul, because it'd be 100% expected. If you win, then you've not done anything special. Which means that the position you put yourself in is just one where anything out of the ordinary would be to lose. The fans are on Rafa's back as it is, despite what he's done for the club. It'd be a fickle, fickle business.

Baz,

I understand and agree with what you're saying mate, but for Rafa to win this league on a minimal budget will be tough. I'm not saying it's unachievable but we have to be realistic as well.

Even Rafa has said many times that his hands are tied, and players he's wanted haven't been bought because of financial constraints and lies.

We were all screaming for David Silva in the summer, but he would have cost an excess of 20mil, and then we purchase Jovanivic who is a free transfer and the manager gets some flack.

Its a tough scenario and I understand your point, but I'm a Liverpool fan of over 25 years myself, and I certainly dont want it easy, but I would like us to get the players the manager wants, and more than likely, they will cost a lot of money.

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »
One who builds a new ground quickly. with a good mix of corporate and normal seating.

The owner would then rip off the corporate fans, and use the extra revanue created not only on the team, but to lower ticket prices for normal spectators, thus rewarding their loyal support over the years, and making the club more accesible to the local community and those on a lower income. He/she would introduce child tickets for all areas of the ground and you would be able to buy tickets at the window with cash for league games. Fair allocations for finals would be given to fans.

They wouldn't debt us up to the eyeballs either, and plough majority of profits back into the team and community projects.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 01:57:11 pm »
I want an owner who can clear the debt, help finance a new stadium and back the manager in the transfer market allowing us to bring fantastic players to our football club.

One last thing...after campaigning for 3 years to get rid of skint owners who have nearly bankrupted the club, the fashionable thing to say now appears to be we'd like any prospective new owners not to be wealthy.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »
;D Tart
I wish I hadn't mentioned it now. I've got that song rattling around in my head.

must.stop.thinking.of."Woooooooooooooh Say you won't leave me no more....   

The shame of knowing them words.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2010, 02:02:04 pm »
Baz,

I understand and agree with what you're saying mate, but for Rafa to win this league on a minimal budget will be tough. I'm not saying it's unachievable but we have to be realistic as well.

Even Rafa has said many times that his hands are tied, and players he's wanted haven't been bought because of financial constraints and lies.

We were all screaming for David Silva in the summer, but he would have cost an excess of 20mil, and then we purchase Jovanivic who is a free transfer and the manager gets some flack.

Its a tough scenario and I understand your point, but I'm a Liverpool fan of over 25 years myself, and I certainly dont want it easy, but I would like us to get the players the manager wants, and more than likely, they will cost a lot of money.

I'm not talking about a minimal budget mate. Just one which would be realistic for the club to support. Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea... they've spent shiteloads, and it stinks in my opinion. It's all to easy for a billionaire owner to write off £500m worth of debt and turn it into equity, or spend stupid amounts on mercenary players.

At the end of the day, Liverpool FC should operate as a sustainable business. The money it spends should be recouped from its income.

Initially, the owners WILL need to put in a lot of money- hundreds of millions to support the initial investment we need for the stadium and new players. But after that, the club should pay its way in order to ensure financial stability. The initial investment would need to be planned in such a way that it can be supported.

I don't think the measures will place massive constraints on the club, because it's a club with lots of potential. We're one of the greatest institutions in world football, we've got one of the best managers in the world, a set of talented players at the core of the team, a growing revenue stream with potential for much greater growth with a new stadium.

It's not like we'd be starting off from a Man City or Chelsea position anyway- there's far greater potential at our club than those plastic flag waving bastards had at their clubs before the many hundreds of millions poured in.

Not only do I not want us to go down the billionaire playground route, but I don't think we need to either.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline WelshKopite

• "I'm done with my negativity...seriously. I'm not posting one more negative thing, quote me on it."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »
I'm not talking about a minimal budget mate. Just one which would be realistic for the club to support. Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea... they've spent shiteloads, and it stinks in my opinion. It's all to easy for a billionaire owner to write off £500m worth of debt and turn it into equity, or spend stupid amounts on mercenary players.

At the end of the day, Liverpool FC should operate as a sustainable business. The money it spends should be recouped from its income.

Initially, the owners WILL need to put in a lot of money- hundreds of millions to support the initial investment we need for the stadium and new players. But after that, the club should pay its way in order to ensure financial stability. The initial investment would need to be planned in such a way that it can be supported.

I don't think the measures will place massive constraints on the club, because it's a club with lots of potential. We're one of the greatest institutions in world football, we've got one of the best managers in the world, a set of talented players at the core of the team, a growing revenue stream with potential for much greater growth with a new stadium.

It's not like we'd be starting off from a Man City or Chelsea position anyway- there's far greater potential at our club than those plastic flag waving bastards had at their clubs before the many hundreds of millions poured in.

Not only do I not want us to go down the billionaire playground route, but I don't think we need to either.

Fair play, top post. I get your point.

Onwards and upwards hopefully man - cheers.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2010, 02:14:16 pm »
I'd like the Queen to buy us

- We could be the national club that all Ingurland supporters would have to follow

- She could rename us Royal Liverpool

Offline OohCampione

• RAWK Scribbler
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Convert
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2010, 02:15:20 pm »
A blonde with big tits.

Who the fuck would want to buy a footy team?

The two arseholes we have thought they were gonna make a killing, but the recession and their poor management skills have put us in our worst situation in years.

Our membership are a right narky lot with views all over the place, a nasty temperament and a very thin seam of patience.

Logic says that a bloke with that much money should have more sense than to flush it down a rathole paying overpriced players and managers and dealing with other arseholes at the FA & FIFA.

We'll be lucky........ I say we'll be lucky.

That's so bad.

Only compounded by the fact that I find myself agreeing with it!
Quote from: Peter Griffin, Yesterday
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A Pedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert."

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2010, 02:19:10 pm »
I hope we get somebody who can clear the debts, get the stadium built and provide the manager with a transfer budget while the stadium is being built i.e. what the yanks were supposed to do when they took over. It doesn't need to be somebody who will throw money at transfers as a properly run team won't need a massive overhaul each season anyway, just a couple of quality signings a year.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2010, 02:21:01 pm »
Any owner that is not scared to play 10m pounds for a young talent plus a kitty of 60m per year

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2010, 02:22:21 pm »

To write off the debt, fund a stadium and buy the players we need, we're talking a ridiculous sum of money.  We need a moneybags owner to do those 3 things, even if they don't splash the cash in subsequent seasons (and they wouldnt need to since the value of the players bought would stay in the squad until sold).

I want to see this, ideally:

New stadium started
Debt Written off
The 2 Davids bought.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2010, 02:23:01 pm »
One who builds a new ground quickly. with a good mix of corporate and normal seating.

The owner would then rip off the corporate fans, and use the extra revanue created not only on the team, but to lower ticket prices for normal spectators, thus rewarding their loyal support over the years, and making the club more accesible to the local community and those on a lower income. He/she would introduce child tickets for all areas of the ground and you would be able to buy tickets at the window with cash for league games. Fair allocations for finals would be given to fans.

They wouldn't debt us up to the eyeballs either, and plough majority of profits back into the team and community projects.

Either start writing fairy tales or put the crack pipe down.
Kill the humourless

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2010, 02:27:37 pm »
Honest owners will do for me.

Sugar daddy who is going to build us a new satdium and invest millions in the team is not going to happen. I am quite prepared that anyone who comes in may be looking to make money from their investment in the long run.

Just tell us that up front and do what you promise!

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2010, 02:29:16 pm »
I wish I hadn't mentioned it now. I've got that song rattling around in my head.

must.stop.thinking.of."Woooooooooooooh Say you won't leave me no more....   

The shame of knowing them words.

Would it help if I told you steps did a cover of it? You can then get that version stuck in your head instead.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2010, 02:31:53 pm »
hard one really

in trying to be marginally realistic

someone who can knock the debt down to ~£100m with a plan to reduce to 0 over 3 yrs

who can give rafa £30m - £50m upfront for this summer

spade in the ground for November this year. 

good stadium sponsorship deal with agreed naming for something relevant to our history

probably looking at somewhere near £400 - £450m for this over the next 6 months (including purchase of club -£100m of debt still intact)

following that it would be nice that Rafa was guaranteed minimum £10M net transfer fee + any operating profit / competition winnings for the following season
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:38:51 pm by Yakyb »

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »
A blonde with big tits.

Who the fuck would want to buy a footy team?

The two arseholes we have thought they were gonna make a killing, but the recession and their poor management skills have put us in our worst situation in years.

Our membership are a right narky lot with views all over the place, a nasty temperament and a very thin seam of patience.

Logic says that a bloke with that much money should have more sense than to flush it down a rathole paying overpriced players and managers and dealing with other arseholes at the FA & FIFA.

By far the best answer!

It's Catch 22. We want a sensible owner - but anybody dumb enough to fritter away stupid money on something as frivolous as a football club needs his head tested.

We had a sugar daddy before. It's just that he wasn't a rich enough one. Loved the club, didn't expect a return on his investment and was scared of putting it in jeopardy by borrowing money it may not have been able to repay.

Doesn't necessarily have to be blonde though.....

Offline kopside

• Main Stander
  • Anything is possible for those who believe.
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2010, 02:40:13 pm »
How on earth can we compete without a sugar daddy??

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:41 pm »
someone sensible to make the best desicions for Liverpool football  club. Clear the debt , stadium , improving 1st team 

Wouldnt mind a  Sugar daddio though.....
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »
hard one really

in trying to be marginally realistic

someone who can knock the debt down to ~£100m with a plan to reduce to 0 over 3 yrs

who can give rafa £30m - £50m upfront for this summer

spade in the ground for November this year. 

good stadium sponsorship deal with agreed naming for something relevant to our history

probably looking at somewhere near £400 - £450m for this over the next 6 months (including purchase of club -£100m of debt still intact)

following that it would be nice that Rafa was guaranteed minimum £10M net transfer fee + any operating profit / competition winnings for the following season

More or less what i said....without the owner being big titted bird in a purple top
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2010, 02:47:03 pm »
How on earth can we compete without a sugar daddy??

The same way the Mancs and Arsenal have put in title wins/challenges. The Mancs have won in Europe as well. WE challenged last season.

If football's going to turn into a playground for the ultra-rich, then that's probably going to be me done with watching it for anything but an alternative to other forms of 'entertainment'.

It won't though. I'm sure sooner or later, the bubble will burst. We have to make sure we're not in the firing line when it happens, and that we can be successful in that situation rather than fear for our survival.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »
A scouser

Mega rich

One who buys the club as a side line to have fun with and not as as part of a business operation

Paul McCartney

anyone .....  anyone .... 

is this thing on .......

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »
I'd like the Queen to buy us

- We could be the national club that all Ingurland supporters would have to follow

- She could rename us Royal Liverpool

the way our injuries are going we should be called that already.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2010, 03:24:07 pm »

Spot on! Feel very very strongly about this. Our club should not lose sight of its history by going for cheap here today gone tomorrow success.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:25:38 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2010, 03:24:19 pm »
The same way the Mancs and Arsenal have put in title wins/challenges. The Mancs have won in Europe as well. WE challenged last season.

If football's going to turn into a playground for the ultra-rich, then that's probably going to be me done with watching it for anything but an alternative to other forms of 'entertainment'.

It won't though. I'm sure sooner or later, the bubble will burst. We have to make sure we're not in the firing line when it happens, and that we can be successful in that situation rather than fear for our survival.

They're both in big market cities.
A scouser

Mega rich

One who buys the club as a side line to have fun with and not as as part of a business operation

Paul McCartney

He's the only one we've got and he'd be an idiot to do it.
Kill the humourless

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »
They're both in big market cities.
He's the only one we've got and he'd be an idiot to do it.

Ringo Starr,  isnt he an idiot

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2010, 03:31:09 pm »
Ringo Starr,  isnt he an idiot

A sweet guy.  But still on tour.  He needs the bread, man.
Kill the humourless

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2010, 03:38:08 pm »
Kenny after finding a billion quid down the back of the sofa.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:20 pm »
sugar daddie and dont interfere in the team selection

This.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2010, 03:47:46 pm »
Ideally us, with a sensible financial model to make it work.

If not then:

You're joking surely. Turn Liverpool Football Club over to an egotistical "me-me-me" type who has no interest in football?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2010, 03:50:55 pm »
Having read through the thread I'm wondering whether there's a correlation between those who are happy to be a billionaires play thing and those who have been whining all season about Rafa - is it all just about gratification, now now now for these people, let somebody else pay for them?

the idea that Liverpool's 12th man is some sugar daddy billionaire owner is fuckin obscene

Liverpool needs to be run as a business but as a cooperative business were the money made goes back to the club and its community - it wont be because the bloke they've put in charge sounds like a thatcherite twat - the irony is staggering.

Liverpool is crying out for an identity something which lifts it above the norm above the branding and 'big business' of the premiership - above the corporate shysters and money grabbing suits - something unique

There is only one solution and that is fan ownership - the type they have at unsuccessful clubs like Barcelona and Bayern Munich - the problem is we no longer have a fan base with the originality and passion we did 50 years ago which turned us into a great club we have tossers who want some 'White Knight' to come riding over the hill to save them - we've already had the U.S. Cavalry charging to teh rescue bugles blaring and a right shower of shite they turned out to be - and still 'fans' hide behind the its all too difficult for poor litttle us mentality - cowards and unfortunately we'll all get what they deserve.

the ideal owner right now is somebody who can stabilise the situation get rid of the two leeches and then work with us to make fan ownership a reality  that person doesn't necessarily have to be a saint - they could build the stadium and take a massive slice of the profits it will generate when Liverpool becomes the institution it should be - we are already one of the 4 largest clubs in the world the potential is staggering - what it needs is somebody to harness that and make it work - so its somebody with vision , with drive and yes with the money to make that work

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2010, 04:21:41 pm »
they could build the stadium and take a massive slice of the profits it will generate when Liverpool becomes the institution it should be

Is there anything to indicate any of the proposed business plans are feasible ?

Yeah we draw well, but not like the big markets.

Was at Yankee Stadium last night in their Audi Club.  Fabulous buffet, lobster, carvery, desserts, Club seats, free drinks, great view.   Unbelievable.  Sold out venue.

Same is /will be true at the new Meadowlands Stadium for the Giants & Jets, Mets.

London Clubs and other corporate cities have loads of the uber rich flash that Liverpool doesn't.

We're a big Club in a small, working class city slow to recover from a recession.   Not a great deal to be had when it comes to return on investment imo.
Kill the humourless

Offline Gus the teenage cow

• "Yeah but not but yeah but no but yeah, roight?"
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2010, 04:27:26 pm »
rich and stupid please

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »
rich and stupid please

Owners, not women...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:18 pm »

You're joking surely. Turn Liverpool Football Club over to an egotistical "me-me-me" type who has no interest in football?

Meh, plenty seem happy to shunt out a good man for that in Mourinho. ... Only difference is he has an interest in football. It' s a good platform to fuel his ego.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 04:37:07 pm »

the idea that Liverpool's 12th man is some sugar daddy billionaire owner is fuckin obscene

A few years ago I would've agreed, but now you see the kind of money chelsea, inter, man city and real spend you realise it would only put us on an even footing with them.  I haven't got a problem with a rich owner helping us out, even before city and chelsea you had people like Boro's owner Steve Gibson pumping millions into his team to get them players like Juninho and Ravanelli.  As long as they stay out of the football side I'm fine with it, we've had a couple of years of negative spending and I'd rather Rafa had cash to spend rather than being forced to sell-to-buy.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals