Author Topic: Exactly what kind of owners would you prefer?  (Read 24472 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What kind of owners would you prefer?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »
I personally would be utterly disgusted if we had a 'sugar daddy' scenerio. To be winning things just because we were throwing our weight around and outbidding everyone is something this club has never done.

I'd want owners with plans, vision, integrity, a knowledge and understanding of the Liverpool Way. Owners that would invest in the future as much as now. Owners that realise the history, tradition and views and aspirations of the club, the fans and the City. Owners that wouldn't just throw money at everything, but would act responsibly to themselves, the club, the City and the rest of Football. Owners that were long-term, patient and able to spot what needed doing early and then acting on those actions. Owners that would see youngsters and a stable environment as the future and long term success.

Owners that fit.
Hear hear, absolutely 100% this is what our club and the Liverpool the  community need some ownership in a vital institution in the city. The Liverpool council should have some role to play as well as the people of Liverpool. An organic relationship between club and community.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:06:37 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2010, 01:05:11 pm »
Billionaire Liverpool fan who will do whatever it takes to bring in Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Kaka, Ronaldo

Anyone considering snoogy doogy can fuck off

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2010, 01:05:39 pm »
Yeah lets buy titles like Chelsea, no bloody thanks. But then again I have been accused of being of the 'Sky fed generation wanting instant success', probably by people who actually own Sky subscriptions, so what would I know.

and yet we blame Coco & co for not able to afford Barry, Villa, Alves, Silva, etc etc?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »
A blonde with big tits.

Who the fuck would want to buy a footy team?

The two arseholes we have thought they were gonna make a killing, but the recession and their poor management skills have put us in our worst situation in years.

Our membership are a right narky lot with views all over the place, a nasty temperament and a very thin seam of patience.

Logic says that a bloke with that much money should have more sense than to flush it down a rathole paying overpriced players and managers and dealing with other arseholes at the FA & FIFA.

We'll be lucky........ I say we'll be lucky.
Kill the humourless

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2010, 01:06:21 pm »
You need at least £1bn to clear the debts of the club and more to build the stadium if we dont want to borrow from banks.  Who else would be mad enough to be a happy chappie and throw a couple of notes after the last recession?

Don't get the maths involved there.
I'd be surprised if they want more than £350m, in fact, I'd be very surprised if they got more than £300m - they might even be lucky to get out with the shirts on their backs and the debt paid off.
But lets assume £350m as an upper figure, and £300m to build the ground - that's still nowhere near the £1bn figure you quoted.

I'd have thought someone with £400m in their back pocket could buy the club, clearing the debt, put some money down on the stadium with the rest borrowed, and Rafa would get the trading profit (which we'd have again if the debt disappeared) for transfers.

That'd do me just fine.

I don't know why you lot want Sugar Daddies.  Surely we want someone who'll run us properly and within our means.
We're not far off United in terms of commercial revenue, it's the match-day revenue we're a mile off - a new ground will fix that and allow us to be run properly and sustainably.
I don't want to be like City or Chelsea - at all.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 01:07:33 pm »
and yet we blame Coco & co for not able to afford Barry, Villa, Alves, Silva, etc etc?
You've never heard me complain about those things.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:40 pm »
I want DIC. Would like to see them come back on the scene now.

Loads of money but without the sugar daddy scenario.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »
You've never heard me complain about those things.

I didnt say you did silly boy! :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline JoeTwerp

• Leader of the Maryland Vigilante Child Army. Mayor of Twerpville. Population 2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »
would prefer 'buying' a title than watching someone else 'buy' one.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2010, 01:09:52 pm »

Diidn't they have some financial trouble last year? Had to be bailed out by somebody? Or have i read wrong.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 01:10:30 pm »
Kill the humourless

Offline rotistgeil

• Unflabbable in the face of lesbian scenes in public park.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 01:10:35 pm »
A sound one that loves the club and is willing to put some cash in and one that will keep Rafa.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 01:10:46 pm »
They happened to be almost bust, but their buddies from UAE have bailed them out for now. No link with the club or community. Why on earth would anyone want them.

Offline Burned_Alive

• Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2010, 01:11:04 pm »
Writes the cheques.
Stays quiet.
Basks in the glory at the end of the season.

Seems like everyone wants the "sugar daddy" players, without the reality.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:12:59 pm by Burned_Alive »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »

nice puppies babs - i'll have the ones with a pink nose ;D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »
I doubt to many will care who the next owners are as long as we win the League.

We don't get to vote on who the next owners will be.

But people want the debt low, which means an owner has to finance the club on their own dime and not through banks.

People want a positive net spend every season. Which could mean the owner using his own money to finance transfers over and above profits.

Some say they don;t want a sugar daddy but when you look at how they want the club financed and more money spent every transfer season, a sugar daddy is most likely to meet the criteria.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:54 pm »
I just want enough money to buy a few players now, the likes of David Villa to backup Torres. Get us up and running. Just those that Benitez targets - not a case of "heres £200m, I don't want to see any change out of it".

Future seasons can be down to profit, money made from progress in the Champions League, money from finishing high in the PL (preferably as Champions).
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »

We'll be lucky........ I say we'll be lucky.

Are you an In The Know? Is this a veiled reference to our new owner's identity? He's even got his Cup Final hat like Elton John.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »
Us.

Get rid of the debt (but get a loan for a stadium redevelopment), and the club will run well, £30 million transfer funds (which now goes into interest) + success money. That'll do me.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2010, 01:13:36 pm »

amen

Offline Rome_1977

• Main Stander
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 01:14:25 pm »
A George Harrison esque individual.... (certainly not meant in bad taste)

...Bucket loads of money :-), but reclusive, allowing the Manager to manage and coach his team....

However in all seriousness, someone with dignity and who is prepared to understand how much this clubs means to so many...This club doesn't need a massive overhall by any new owners it just needs the new custodian to come in and get the bloody basics right, if they do this and support the manager with an agreed transfer funds each and every season, the club will recover to our rightful place...

...And please please please whoever you are, don't come in and make a bucket loads of false promises like the incumbents did....they should write a book on how not to run a football club...

..I'm indifferent as to whether they are a fan or not currently, beacuse after listening to YNWA at the Europa Final \ Anfield they certainly will be ;-)

Offline RedHandGang

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 01:14:29 pm »
Owned by the supporter, run for the supporters like Barca/Bayern etc. You can still be commercially Savvy whilst having loads of small shareholders.
"One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant."

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »
Yawn yawn cheque-book football, that has literally destroyed its soul in recent times. Anything but the Man City and Chelsea approach. Perhaps it is an age thing. I can remember watching the team when football was not about money, the 1980s.

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »
Barring Share Liverpool who are these genuine LFC fans with cash to spare who "might" have a genuine interest?
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2010, 01:26:58 pm »
Ideally us, with a sensible financial model to make it work.

If not then:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:47 pm »
The club makes enough money to support itself all we need is to get rid of the debt.

Owners that will sort out the debt and get the stadium moving would be fine.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2010, 01:28:29 pm »
Why do I keep hearing this little voice saying, 'Better the devil you know...'

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »
Barring Share Liverpool who are these genuine LFC fans with cash to spare who "might" have a genuine interest?
I'm sure there are enough. But it should not just be about the fans, the city council needs to have a role. Both Everton and Liverpool are vital parts of the local community, the council, local business' should have links with the clubs. A successful Liverpool FC, means good business for local firms, and regeneration goals for the council should be linked to the two clubs future development (not talking about ground sharing!). Football is a vital part of the city, the city should have some say and links with the clubs, more than the superficial ones that I presume we currently have.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 01:30:50 pm »

If not then:

lol the biggest self-aggrandising twat in business.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:15 pm »
I just want owners who will sort out the finances, make us debt free and build our new stadium. I don't want media whores, seen but never heard. I want them to back Rafa in the transfer market, not crazy amounts ala Man City but £30m approx. every season which will allow season on season progress.

I just want owners who won't lie, be straight and support the club.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:19 pm »

If not then:

You've scared me now.

YANKS BACK! ;)
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:45 pm »
Gay ones...with sunglasses.
"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline ChrisV

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2010, 01:37:51 pm »
It's easy to say you don't want a sugar daddy but what if the alternative is that we go to mid-table and stay there? If it's sugar daddy or be Everton for the next 30 years which would you choose?

I wouldn't want open-ended financial commitment where we just have an infinite flood of free money. I'd just like to see the debt those two c*nts laid on us paid off and a new stadium built. After that I'd like to see us stand on our own two feet.

Offline Piechniks Picnic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »
I think it comes down to Rafa.  I don't think Rafa is the sort of manager who wants to replace the entire first 11 with £20-50m players.  Rafa believes that we are 2-3 world class players away from competing and I do too, given our excellent finish in the league last season.  I also imagine he would also want a strong secondary player in the positions we are thread bare on, to give us the strength in the second 11 we miss.

Rafa would keep the morality and tradition without the crass and obscene spending a Mourinho would bring with him.

As long as the owners are cash rich, understand how a successful footballing club model works and above all else, trusts the manager, I will be a happy fan.
"He's better than Platini, certainly better than Rumminegge and Maradona. For me he is the greatest footballer in the world."

Offline Piechniks Picnic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2010, 01:39:34 pm »

Brilliant
"He's better than Platini, certainly better than Rumminegge and Maradona. For me he is the greatest footballer in the world."

Offline caspersmasters

• Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2010, 01:39:55 pm »
Why is everone against a sugar daddy.
The days of players choosing to Liverpool football Club because of the prestige/history are gone.

The next gerrard/carragher/fowler doesn't seem to be coming through either....

We need serious cash to compete in the transfer market plain and simple.

Oh and yes a new stadium too please.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2010, 01:41:16 pm »
Someone with a sensible business plan. 
Give 50m to the other 2 to f**k off.
Give 300m to the stadium.
Give 100m to the manager over 3 years, (until the stadium is open).
With that I would not have a problem with the debt of 240m remaining as we can afford it and the 100m is going into the first team.
I would like to see a shareholders trust share offering - where the fans can buy up to 25% of the club provided the money goes into the club.
Thats it.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2010, 01:41:34 pm »

Thought we were better than Watford

Offline WelshKopite

• "I'm done with my negativity...seriously. I'm not posting one more negative thing, quote me on it."
  • Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2010, 01:42:23 pm »
I don't understand why some people are saying, "I don't want an owner who'll throw big money on players"? .. unfortunatley in this day and age, you need top players who cost top money to compete.

All we've done the past few years is say how we havent been able to afford top players, or that Rafa has been lied to in the transfer market, so it's fairly obvious we need an investor that has a lot of money. We could get taken over by the richest person in the world, but if he gives Rafa 20mil every summer, we're going to struggle.

I understand the integrity part, the ethos of this great club has to remain, but football has changed, and we need to change with it. I don't say "Well, let's just do a Man City" etc etc, but we HAVE to spend BIG money to compete.

There are many facets to a football club and I agree that the new owners, whoever they will be , need to understand this club and have the right structure in place (see Andy Allertons post) but we have to spend money.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2010, 01:43:23 pm »
Why do I keep hearing this little voice saying, 'Better the devil you know...'
Because you're a big Kylie fan?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family