Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 236305 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #560 on: May 12, 2019, 11:15:42 pm »
What's the news on Firmino? Need every swinging dick back for this one.

No news yet. Probably won't know anytime soon I'd imagine

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #561 on: May 12, 2019, 11:29:25 pm »
Teeth are still good based on post game pics
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #562 on: May 12, 2019, 11:33:37 pm »
The trophy's ours.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #563 on: May 12, 2019, 11:39:09 pm »
The desire is incredibly strong, we got to fight one more time and get it done. We have all the motivation in the world and the talent and ability now we have to perform one last time
amen

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2019, 11:42:12 pm »
The wait for this is going to kill me.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2019, 11:42:28 pm »
What's the news on Firmino? Need every swinging dick back for this one.

Klopp hinted at him being okay for the final.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2019, 11:45:33 pm »
I first read.

Liverpool Football Club v THC.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2019, 11:52:08 pm »
Klopp hinted at him being okay for the final.
"Hinted"? Jill, you're a Matchday Commentator. Obviously you have a lot of high-level contacts deep inside the club. Can you please have a drink with Jurgen in the next couple of days and sort this out? FFS earn your salary. ::)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #568 on: May 12, 2019, 11:55:09 pm »
I first read.

Liverpool Football Club v THC.

Now that would be divided loyalties.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: May 13, 2019, 12:14:16 am »
We have the whole Arsenal community with us, we will win it.
Believer

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:51 am »

Even all 7 of them? Well, that's a big lift for the boys.

To be fair, I think most neutrals want us to win. We've been outstanding this year, and poetic justice would demand that we get something for our endeavours.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #571 on: May 13, 2019, 01:45:15 am »

I think they’re all stuck on a mule train somewhere in Eastern Europe trying to get to Baku
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: May 13, 2019, 02:30:40 am »

Believe.

Our best lasagna chefs are on the way to Madrid.

Number 6 on the menu por favor.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #573 on: May 13, 2019, 03:43:35 am »
I reckon it's going to be a very cagey affair, a la the 2-1 in April.

Except we will be more patient, and will eventually breakthrough and win more comfortably.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: May 13, 2019, 03:49:19 am »
I reckon it's going to be a very cagey affair, a la the 2-1 in April.

Except we will be more patient, and will eventually breakthrough and win more comfortably.

Can't afford slow starts we'll have to be patient, but we need to take the game to them. Hoping we're clinical, we need more than just one of the lads in the front three to perform.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #575 on: May 13, 2019, 03:52:01 am »
Can't afford slow starts we'll have to be patient, but we need to take the game to them. Hoping we're clinical, we need more than just one of the lads in the front three to perform.

Agreed.

Hopefully our experience of the occasion will come through this time. I imagine we'll be less nervous than we were against Madrid.

I think over the course of this season, we've learned to win in more than one way, in terms of tactics, personnel and mentality.

We've gotten better each year, but broadly you can say that before this season, we tried to blow teams away with our attack and failing that, were vulnerable defensively.

Now, we still have the option of pressing the life out of them, but if we don't score, we're also defensively sound enough that we're not in too much danger of falling behind.

Further more, we now have the personnel (particularly Fabinho) that allows our midfield a lot more freedom to get forward and do the kind of damage that their natural skillsets allow, so if we do need goals, we have a lot more threat from midfield than we had even a couple of months ago. From the Southampton game, our central midfield (Keita x3, Wijnaldum x3, Hendo x1) has contributed 7 goals in 10 games. That's compared to a massive 2 goals from open play in all the games before Southampton - all Milner.

So I feel good. I feel like, while it's always good to start on the front foot, we have the tools to win the game, whether we blitz them or not.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 04:13:17 am by Redcap »

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: May 13, 2019, 03:54:44 am »
Last year's final loss and losing the league by a point now. That will drive the time to win #6.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: May 13, 2019, 04:06:20 am »
Last year's final loss and losing the league by a point now. That will drive the time to win #6.

I hope so but there are no guarantees. we need some luck on our side in a final for once

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #578 on: May 13, 2019, 04:10:46 am »
We have to win this. We just have to. Since winning the Carling Cup against Cardiff in 2012, we lost an FA Cup final, experienced heartbreak in the league, lost a league cup final, lost a Europa League final, lost a Champions League final, and experienced heartbreak in the league yet again.

There are no guarantees in football, but we just have to do this. If we come out the way we did against Spurs at Anfield, Chelsea at Anfield, and of course Barcelona at Anfield, there's no way we aren't winning this. As Klopp said, we were mentality monsters. And we can be that once again. We can't continue to gloriously come up short. This team, this manager, this club and these fans deserve so much more. Everyone needs to go out for this as if their careers depended upon it. As if it'll be the final opportunity they'll get. We've made so many giant strides, but this really is a moment we have to fully grasp with arms wide open. A final against Spurs. They'll give us a hard game and I am in no way underestimating them, but they're not European royalty. We're not playing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, or whomever else. We need something to show for all our efforts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: May 13, 2019, 04:18:50 am »
I hope so but there are no guarantees. we need some luck on our side in a final for once

At least Harry won't be able to throw himself to the floor for a penalty and get away with it.

Offline geoffpd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2019, 04:19:16 am »
I don't know who is behind the CRAZY scheduling of the European finals, but they don't seen to CARE that a huge proportion of their TV revenue comes from global companies around the world, and by scheduling the game at 8pm effectively takes out potentially your biggest audience. I'm talking about Asia and Australasia!

The game is on a Saturday.......the weekend, so at least that's progress from having it on a midweek evening like it used to be, but WHY 8pm at night? This puts it at 3am for most of Asia. If it was scheduled at say 5pm,  that's midnight in Asia (still late, but not impossible), around 2am in Australia, about midday in the Americas and a sensible time in ALL of Europe (and leaves enough time for those in the stadium to travel back to their hotels or wherever at reasonable times).

We keep hearing time after time that match timings is all about tv money.......well an 8pm kickoff has just LOST several hundred million possible viewers......and revenue!
Before you ask......YES I'll be staying up at 3am to watch, as I have done with EVERY red's game in Europe!   

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: May 13, 2019, 04:26:55 am »
I don't know who is behind the CRAZY scheduling of the European finals, but they don't seen to CARE that a huge proportion of their TV revenue comes from global companies around the world, and by scheduling the game at 8pm effectively takes out potentially your biggest audience. I'm talking about Asia and Australasia!

The game is on a Saturday.......the weekend, so at least that's progress from having it on a midweek evening like it used to be, but WHY 8pm at night? This puts it at 3am for most of Asia. If it was scheduled at say 5pm,  that's midnight in Asia (still late, but not impossible), around 2am in Australia, about midday in the Americas and a sensible time in ALL of Europe (and leaves enough time for those in the stadium to travel back to their hotels or wherever at reasonable times).

We keep hearing time after time that match timings is all about tv money.......well an 8pm kickoff has just LOST several hundred million possible viewers......and revenue!
Before you ask......YES I'll be staying up at 3am to watch, as I have done with EVERY red's game in Europe!   

It's on at that time because it is a European competition and most of the money comes from European companies and TV networks.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #582 on: May 13, 2019, 04:28:56 am »
We have to win this. We just have to. Since winning the Carling Cup against Cardiff in 2012, we lost an FA Cup final, experienced heartbreak in the league, lost a league cup final, lost a Europa League final, lost a Champions League final, and experienced heartbreak in the league yet again.

There are no guarantees in football, but we just have to do this. If we come out the way we did against Spurs at Anfield, Chelsea at Anfield, and of course Barcelona at Anfield, there's no way we aren't winning this. As Klopp said, we were mentality monsters. And we can be that once again. We can't continue to gloriously come up short. This team, this manager, this club and these fans deserve so much more. Everyone needs to go out for this as if their careers depended upon it. As if it'll be the final opportunity they'll get. We've made so many giant strides, but this really is a moment we have to fully grasp with arms wide open. A final against Spurs. They'll give us a hard game and I am in no way underestimating them, but they're not European royalty. We're not playing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, or whomever else. We need something to show for all our efforts.

Exactly, no more of this squalid apologetic attitude of there always being next year and how this is just the beginning of a golden era for this club. Too many people hop around finding reasons to excuse failure. This is competitive sport, you need to be nasty bastards to win sometimes.

Everyone needs to be fully committed to winning this trophy, nothing else matters but the present. The past and future are irrelevant, this is the only show in town for now. The pressure is huge as it should be for an event of this magnitude. 

The pain of several failures should be enough to motivate the lads to realize that this is the proverbial tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood..
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: May 13, 2019, 04:35:34 am »
Exactly, no more of this squalid apologetic attitude of there always being next year and how this is just the beginning of a golden era for this club. Too many people hop around finding reasons to excuse failure. This is competitive sport, you need to be nasty bastards to win sometimes.

Everyone needs to be fully committed to winning this trophy, nothing else matters but the present. The past and future are irrelevant, this is the only show in town for now. The pressure is huge as it should be for an event of this magnitude. 

The pain of several failures should be enough to motivate the lads to realize that this is the proverbial tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood..

If they're as committed (they will be) as they have been all season then we should have more than enough to win.It's a funny old game though isn't it.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #584 on: May 13, 2019, 05:33:53 am »

I also believe that we're in the beginnings of a 'golden' type era for the club, with many successes still to come. I'm sure they will.

But as for the rest of what you said, I agree. There's no time like the present. We've been a nearly club on too many occasions over the past 7 years. I'll be absolutely devastated if we don't go on and win this competition. Because the team deserves it. Week after week we've seen these players and our manager give it their all for the shirt and for the fans. We lost one game all season in the league. We pushed a financially doped side all the way and came up ever so short. We overcame something nobody expected us to overcome against Barcelona and did something that will go down in history. We absolutely need something to show for it. We deserve it.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #585 on: May 13, 2019, 05:44:02 am »
I also believe that we're in the beginnings of a 'golden' type era for the club, with many successes still to come. I'm sure they will.

But as for the rest of what you said, I agree. There's no time like the present. We've been a nearly club on too many occasions over the past 7 years. I'll be absolutely devastated if we don't go on and win this competition. Because the team deserves it. Week after week we've seen these players and our manager give it their all for the shirt and for the fans. We lost one game all season in the league. We pushed a financially doped side all the way and came up ever so short. We overcame something nobody expected us to overcome against Barcelona and did something that will go down in history. We absolutely need something to show for it. We deserve it.

Oh I fully agree, I think this team is well-placed to challenge for trophies in the future, but nothing can be taken for granted and that expectation of doing well in the future will be derisory consolation if we somehow fall short again.

The fact that we deserve to win something because of our efforts this year is irrelevant to the final outcome. I have full faith in the team and the manager for pulling this over the line but this will be one difficult game and only a complete cretin will underestimate Spurs. We will need to be prepared to play out of our skins.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline HullReD

• Main Stander
« Reply #586 on: May 13, 2019, 05:52:20 am »
This is a one off game and cannot take anything for granted. This will be a hard game for sure, just hope we can get the win and bring the trophy back for a sixth time and have something to celebrate after just missing out on the premier league title. I for one will be nervous as fuck but the experience of last year and the team we have should get us over the line.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #587 on: May 13, 2019, 06:08:44 am »
can we keep any thing with 6 stars on it this time to a fucking minimum for the love of God
YNWA

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
« Reply #588 on: May 13, 2019, 06:11:48 am »
After last years final and missing out on the title on 97 bloody points. The team are a wounded animal. We are gonna be on fire to beat spurs and win the final. Playing to our best ability.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2019, 06:52:19 am »
I think falling short in the league campaign and the hurt from Kiev will spur the reds on to win in Madrid  :)

As well as the Barca turnaround

On the other hand Spurs have far less pressure to win the thing, will see it as a free hit and will be buoyant after VAR at City and last minute winner at Ajax

It’s going to be close
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2019, 06:57:47 am »

It’s the first time since Cardiff that we’re favourites
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #591 on: May 13, 2019, 07:04:40 am »
"Hinted"? Jill, you're a Matchday Commentator. Obviously you have a lot of high-level contacts deep inside the club. Can you please have a drink with Jurgen in the next couple of days and sort this out? FFS earn your salary. ::)

He said it in a press conference or certainly implied it, though of course he has been wrong before about injuries.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: May 13, 2019, 07:10:54 am »
It's on at that time because it is a European competition and most of the money comes from European companies and TV networks.
decent time for the North American market too

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: May 13, 2019, 07:14:58 am »
We definitely have to win this one. There are zero excuses if we dont.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #594 on: May 13, 2019, 07:37:56 am »
It has to be written that the Ox get the winner!!!

Out all season with an injury..... pops up and wins it as an ex arsenal player against Spurs!!!!

Please I hate Spurs soooooo much!!!

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: May 13, 2019, 07:46:35 am »

So much this.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: May 13, 2019, 08:25:13 am »
Not a chance we're complacent with Spurs, they routinely cause us issues in the league, the lads will be wary, but we're better than them.

Aye.  One advantage we get from teams never rolling over for us is that we can always expect to have to fight for our results. 

I just don't want our fans splitting into those two camps of way too cautious and not cautious at all!  Need to respect Spurs achievement this year but certainly not fear it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:36:27 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: May 13, 2019, 08:31:44 am »
If we win the champions league, is this our greatest ever team? 97 points and champions of Europe.

When I think back to all those rivals who said we fluked '05, there's no way anybody can say we don't deserve to win this trophy.  Doubtless some still will though!

Well at least Spurs wont be trying to deliberately put our players in the hospital!

Popcorn's Art

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: May 13, 2019, 08:35:13 am »
It has to be written that the Ox get the winner!!!

Out all season with an injury..... pops up and wins it as an ex arsenal player against Spurs!!!!

Please I hate Spurs soooooo much!!!

:scarf :scarf :scarf

So much feel good factor around Liverpool now, you win this, become European champions, probably favourites for the league next season, and the start of a new era of trophies.

You lose this, and we ll have to put up with a whole year of nearly men and Klopp always finishes second, even if you start really well next season, a lot of people will say wait till the crunch.

I cant stress how big this is, just swarm all over them like only you can do, for 90 minutes, foot on throat, smash them redmen!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: May 13, 2019, 08:38:44 am »
:scarf :scarf :scarf

So much feel good factor around Liverpool now, you win this, become European champions, probably favourites for the league next season, and the start of a new era of trophies.

You lose this, and we ll have to put up with a whole year of nearly men and Klopp always finishes second, even if you start really well next season, a lot of people will say wait till the crunch.

I cant stress how big this is, just swarm all over them like only you can do, for 90 minutes, foot on throat, smash them redmen!

Nah mate.  We'll never be favourites for a league that has Manchester Fucking City in it.  Not until we're 10 points ahead with 3 games to go.

But I heartedly agree with all your other sentiments!

Popcorn's Art