Author Topic: I'm going the chippy...  (Read 21537 times)

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: I'm going the chippy...
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2017, 12:57:28 am »
Lightly battered fish, chips and curry sauce.
Some chippies lash the batter on, then there's too much fucking sponge between the fish and the batter, fuck that shit.

Failing that there's a great Chinese/chippy place behind the Kop that did a great meat and potato pie chips and curry sauce. Always tasted great at a night match. Even got my 8 daughter to eat it before I emigrated

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2017, 01:51:24 am »
Well my stint with trying to go vegan ended and had the nicest cod ever tonight, your memory will live on for years.
choose Life.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:35 am »
Lightly battered fish, chips and curry sauce.
Some chippies lash the batter on, then there's too much fucking sponge between the fish and the batter, fuck that shit.

Failing that there's a great Chinese/chippy place behind the Kop that did a great meat and potato pie chips and curry sauce. Always tasted great at a night match. Even got my 8 daughter to eat it before I emigrated

You want to buy yourself a TV mate.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2017, 08:27:21 am »
Talking of scraps, me and our kid once drove to Todmorden in West Yorkshire to buy a car, on the way there we passed a little chippy in this village in the middle of the nowhere, going in I was amazed to see 'cats whiskers' on the menu. Low and behold it was scraps, never heard them called that before or since, literally mind boggling haha!

Anyway, what's the score with the Lobster Pot in Whitechapel, is back open now? Gutted it closed, nights out just werent the same.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2017, 08:56:41 am »
It`s 8.55, and my mouth is watering. Bastards.

I`ll have a fish supper with curry sauce on the side. And a pickled onion.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2017, 10:13:42 am »
As a direct result of reading this thread yesterday I had haddock, chips, and mushy peas from the chippy last night!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2017, 10:21:58 am »
Anyone who enjoys a pickled onion is a horrible dirty bastard. With stinky breath.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2017, 10:38:45 am »
Steak Pudding or babbys yed in Wigan

Chips, Pey wet and gravy with a buttered barm anyone?

Manna from heaven enjoyed when I visit my old dear in Wigan
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2017, 10:51:22 am »
I have heard canned dog food has to be fit for human consumption and in the factories they have "tasters".

Seeing some of the things you's eat, sausages, burgers and all the rest of it you's have all ready more than likely eaten tons of horse meat so what's the difference ehh     :lickin

Did you not say in another thread you have only been a vegetarian for a few months?! Likelihood is if you were a meat eater before this they’ll still be meat in your body somewhere. Unless you’re partial to a colonic!

Not sure what is worse an ex-smoker or an ex-meat eater.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2017, 10:54:16 am »
Anyone who enjoys a pickled onion is a horrible dirty bastard. With stinky breath.

Pickled onions are delightful. Love the wee cocktail sticks at shite parties with a pickled onion, ham, and wee cube of cheese. Could eat a full plate of those
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2017, 11:05:11 am »
Pickled onions are delightful. Love the wee cocktail sticks at shite parties with a pickled onion, ham, and wee cube of cheese. Could eat a full plate of those

The prosecution rests, Your Honour.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2017, 11:08:52 am »
Leave pickled onions alone Nicholas, fooking lovely things they are.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:25 am »
Only the silverskin ones though. Not those big fuckers that have been in the jar at the chippy for 17 years.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2017, 12:04:49 pm »
Did you not say in another thread you have only been a vegetarian for a few months?! Likelihood is if you were a meat eater before this they’ll still be meat in your body somewhere. Unless you’re partial to a colonic!

Not sure what is worse an ex-smoker or an ex-meat eater.
My vegetarian adventure started January 1st so 8 1/2 months.

All smokers and meat eaters should be hung drawn and quartered, and then set on fire.    :)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:20 pm »
meat eaters should be hung drawn and quartered, and then set on fire, and then eaten.    :)

FTFY

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2017, 12:08:58 pm »
Pickled onions are delightful.
Definitely, along with pickled beetroot and pickled eggs.

Pickled gherkins though, that is a different story all together.  Disgusting they are.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:55 pm »
My local chippy did meat and potato pie, chips and gravy for £2.50.

I used to get it on the way home from the pub on a Sunday night, and wake up with gravy and chips all over my bed/down my front/in my hair.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »
I have heard canned dog food has to be fit for human consumption and in the factories they have "tasters".

Seeing some of the things you's eat, sausages, burgers and all the rest of it you's have all ready more than likely eaten tons of horse meat so what's the difference ehh     :lickin

I'd deffo eat horse if it was available.

I've started eating the more exotic meats, had Zebra at an 80's gig the other week, I had Ostrich sausages for brekkie this morning and I've got Buffalo and Venison burgers in for tea this week and will be getting some Wild Boar next week. Also get Kangaroo and Crocodile burgers, although not mad on the crocodile.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2017, 12:45:38 pm »
My local chippy did meat and potato pie, chips and gravy for £2.50.

I used to get it on the way home from the pub on a Sunday night, and wake up with gravy and chips all over my bed/down my front/in my hair.

We used to do the Floral Hall Rock Night yonks ago. Our kid was a greedy twat, he's got an order a pizza and a kebab from one place and then nip next door to the chippy while he was waiting for them to make them and get fish chips and curry.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2017, 12:50:18 pm »
English food: got to be (slightly crispy) chips with large sausage, shitload of vinegar and salt.

Chinese: Lemon chicken with boiled rice.  Fit as.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2017, 12:54:56 pm »

I've started eating the more exotic meats, had Zebra at an 80's gig the other week, I had Ostrich sausages for brekkie this morning and I've got Buffalo and Venison burgers in for tea this week and will be getting some Wild Boar next week. Also get Kangaroo and Crocodile burgers, although not mad on the crocodile.

How's the gout Henry VIII?

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2017, 12:56:03 pm »

Iceland-shopping fucker!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2017, 01:03:39 pm »
We used to do the Floral Hall Rock Night yonks ago. Our kid was a greedy twat, he's got an order a pizza and a kebab from one place and then nip next door to the chippy while he was waiting for them to make them and get fish chips and curry.

Now that's an appetite!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2017, 01:09:27 pm »

Go to Sicily. It's a delicacy there. Hard to beat a good horse burger.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2017, 01:11:46 pm »

And why not, if one is a meat eater. I'm vegetarian, but have never understood why in this country it's acceptable to eat cows, sheep, goats etc, but not horses.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2017, 01:23:16 pm »
been out of the country a month now and seriously getting hunger pangs from this thread.

missing my chips cooked in peanut oil from my local now.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2017, 01:26:35 pm »
Go to Sicily. It's a delicacy there. Hard to beat a good horse burger.

And in Slovenia

Ljubljana away in the UEFA cup years ago I couldn't get enough of them

Those lads going to Maribor away will love them :lickin

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2017, 01:28:08 pm »
Fish and chips and a carton of curry....as good for you today as it's always been
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2017, 01:46:28 pm »

Paul is a one man knock out shop abattoir for the horses

(Sorry Paul, i just cannot let it lie!)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »

Funny you say this Rob I was in Newcastle the other day and there was something going on next to Greys Monument, like a food fair event and there were loads of different things being sold including burgers made from  all the animals you mention in your post, and more.  They were queueing up to buy them as well.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2017, 01:54:54 pm »
Only the silverskin ones though. Not those big fuckers that have been in the jar at the chippy for 17 years.

Agreed. The fucking core in them .

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:37 pm »
So, my next question is how many of you's would go to China and other places where they do it, and eat dog?

Deep fried Labradoodle and boiled rice with some pickled onions on the side     :P

• Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2017, 02:00:13 pm »
So, my next question is how many of you's would go to China and other places where they do it, and eat dog?

Deep fried Labradoodle and boiled rice with some pickled onions on the side     :P

Difficult one, I like to try local dishes, but I own a Labradoodle, so that would be weird.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2017, 02:01:53 pm »

I'd happily eat horse, even if it was high.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »

Absolutely not. When I was travelling in Northern Vietnam a few years back, the welcome drink offered on a tour we did was dogs blood...

No ta, a glass of water will do fine!
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2017, 02:07:25 pm »

Again can't see the issue. If you eat animals then why not dogs?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2017, 02:08:30 pm »
Paul is a one man knock out shop abattoir for the horses

(Sorry Paul, i just cannot let it lie!)

Awwww come on, I never laid a finger on that horse, was just pretending and only raised my fist at it to get a good selfie . . . . . and as per usual the Cops went fucking mental.  They booted me all over town, tasered me 2 times, knocked 4 of my teeth out then next thing I know I am hauled in front of the Beak accused of being violent.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2017, 02:36:43 pm »
Awwww come on, I never laid a finger on that horse, was just pretending and only raised my fist at it to get a good selfie . . . . . and as per usual the Cops went fucking mental.  They booted me all over town, tasered me 2 times, knocked 4 of my teeth out then next thing I know I am hauled in front of the Beak accused of being violent.

:D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2017, 03:19:00 pm »
Eaten horse a couple of times, in Switzerland in the form of a kebab and a steak in Joe Beef in Montreal which was amazing.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2017, 03:27:09 pm »
Is it true southern softies never have gravy on their chips? And this came up on a FB page I'm on.... Lad goes to chippy for standard fat Friday dinner for everyone, comes back and he hasn't got S&V on anyone's chips, in fact he just didn't forget he actually said no when the woman in the chippy asked him. The debate was whether unless told not to wouldn't you automatically say yes to S&V on people's chips? Got to be a yes for me.