Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 664117 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Just needs to work on his celebrations. 2 of the most important goals and he just smiles confusedly  ;D

THAT’S THE BEST BIT
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Just needs to work on his celebrations. 2 of the most important goals and he just smiles confusedly  ;D

I do agree, seems like he doesn't know what he's just done. Was the same against Everton ;D

Saying that, love this pic:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Realistically, (i) what do you think his market value is; and (ii) what would you be prepared to sell him for?

For me (i) can't see clubs paying much more than £35m for him; and (ii) he is worth more to us than that. I wouldn't bother selling him for less than £45m. I see £45m as roughly half of what I think a new signing of the required standard would cost us (i.e. a Neres or Felix or Werner is going to be in the £90-100m region).

I would like to revise this post as follows:

"I wouldn't bother selling him for less than £100m".
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
 :D

Peter Crouch@petercrouch

Our beautiful baby boy was born Monday 3rd June mother and baby Divock Samrat Crouch are doing well

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
:D

Peter Crouch@petercrouch

Our beautiful baby boy was born Monday 3rd June mother and baby Divock Samrat Crouch are doing well

lol, no way.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Loved his celebration in the Everton game when he took the ball back to the centre line. God knows why he thought we were losing!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Congrats to Crouchy and family!

Sign him up (when he learns to read and write)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
I mean he didn't actually end up naming the baby that haha. Apparently his wife said no. Wonder why
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
Gala - free from desire

Divock Origi, he's Belgian and he's six feet high
Divock Origi, scored and made the toffees cry.
The Saturday night chant is the best because it goes off at the end.  He needs to score on more nights of the week though to give more verses!

The classic:

Saturday night and I like the way you move – Divock Origi.

Tuesday night and he made Barcelona cry – Divock Origi

New verse could be

Saturday night and he won the Champions League – Divock Origi

La la la la la la la la la la la – Divock Origi

EDIT - also got to have

Sunday night and he scored past Pickford’s little arms – Divock Origi!
« Last Edit: June 4, 2019, 04:24:35 pm by Alisson Wonderland »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
Didn't think about it before the game, but he was probably the player you'd hope for the most to score such a key goal in a European Cup win, after that horrible injury a few seasons back pretty much ruined his career, had a poor spell at Wolfsburg, didn't even make the Belgium squad to win the WC medal, what a wonderful way to get yourself back on track.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I do agree, seems like he doesn't know what he's just done. Was the same against Everton ;D

Saying that, love this pic:

Great pic. And lovely to see Unai Emery (in Orange) celebrating just above the Welsh bloke from Gogglebox. Pretty sure Mrs Brown’s Boys is in there as well, two to the left and one row down from Unai. Lovely stuff.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
The Saturday night chant is the best because it goes off at the end.  He needs to score on more nights of the week though to give more verses!

The classic:

New verse could be

EDIT - also got to have

We were working on new verses on the way back from Madrid.

Adding verses to the whigfield tune after the match in Madrid, still not sunk in.

We're still 1- 0 up and he's coming off the bench, Divok Origi
The corner comes in my fuckin head's in a spin, Divok Origi

De, de, de, de de, de, de...

We've won number six and big ears is coming home, thanks to Origi
Where ever he goes he will always be a red, our Divok Origi
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Supersuarez7

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
Anyone know when he is contracted until? I think he needs a fresh 4 year contract, definitely the best option to come on for any of our first front 3 IMO

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Anyone know when he is contracted until? I think he needs a fresh 4 year contract, definitely the best option to come on for any of our first front 3 IMO
His contract finishes at the end of next year I think. Personally, I'd love to keep him for longer and have him as a back up option as he's shown that he can make an impact off the bench throughout the season including the biggest stage of them all!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
If you say Divock Origi ten times very fast you cannot help but smile. :)

Offline iamadooddood

• Main Stander
Apparently Steve Nicol is suggesting that Origi be sold because he's not good enough. This is wrong on so many levels.

I would like to revise this post as follows:

"I wouldn't bother selling him for less than £100m".
Agreed. He's every bit as good as our front three. He just needs a bit more game time to truly show his worth.

Offline carven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Started the comeback Vs Dortmund.
Started and settled the comeback Vs Barca.
Settled the game Vs Spurs.

Just these 3 games are enough for any player to gain immortality! We wont forget his name in hurry, thats for sure.

OHHH~ Di-vock Origi~ OHHH Di-vock Origi~

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
His contract finishes at the end of next year I think. Personally, I'd love to keep him for longer and have him as a back up option as he's shown that he can make an impact off the bench throughout the season including the biggest stage of them all!

I can see us giving him a new contract, he'll want to stay and we'll want to keep him.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Started the comeback Vs Dortmund.
Started and settled the comeback Vs Barca.
Settled the game Vs Spurs.

Just these 3 games are enough for any player to gain immortality! We wont forget his name in hurry, thats for sure.

OHHH~ Di-vock Origi~ OHHH Di-vock Origi~
I know Solksjaer get loads of stick here now he's the manager of them and doing a awful job.

But as a player he was the best player i saw come off a bench and make a impact, he did it in so many games, his united career is littered with vital goals

Divock has that same knack for scoring big goals and doing something in games that makes an impact, he needs to be at the club for years to come.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
He's had peaks and troughs this season, but after his CL contribution he's looking more and more like the player we had before Fewms Mori did a Ramos on him. 

It's one thing to be a medal thief - just sit on the bench and make no contribution at all - but Divock is not that man, not that player.  We may well not have lifted this trophy without him.

He's earned the right to stay and prove his worth to us even more.  He may well only ever be a bit part player for us, but what a fucking part. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know people don't like it - but the Seven Nation Army right after the 2nd goal was incredible.

That said - I'm partial to Saturday Night.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Lifetime contract.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
I do wonder what the future will hold for him here. As much as I've liked the man very much for his attitude since he's been here, and for some amazing runs of form (and the incredible, lifelong, gobsmacking memories he's provided) there have also been periods where he has really not shown what he's capable of. Presumably, he will be riding high at the moment and rightly so; hopefully, a more sustained run as 'first option' so to speak will keep is confidence buoyed, and we will see more flashes of genius of the like which have made him a cult hero. In any case, he will be etched on the history of this club forever, and beloved for it.

Offline Red Kennedys

• Kemlynite
Worth remembering this -

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/liverpool-s-jurgen-klopp-expecting-we-will-have-a-fun-year-with-divock-origi-1.84624

And how it wasn't relatively long after that this happened -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36104610

I have a feeling that we'd really regret letting him go.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
The ball will be in his court. I think we might give him an extension to preserve valuation (see Mignolet and Lovren) but he won't start many games and then you throw in Brewster. He will

Like Shaqiri very handy and adds to depth but not a starter.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
The cultiest hero of all cult heroes. As if that last minute winner against everton wasn't enough. He goes and scores the clincher in both the CL semi final tie and the final.

Mark my words, if we win the league next season, Divock Origi will clinch it.  :)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Almost ordered that.

Offline NeverSayDie

• Kemlynite
We were singing Divock Origi hes my baby to Be-bop-a-Lula...I'm no wordsmith though, but the tune fits nice!

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
We were singing Divock Origi hes my baby to Be-bop-a-Lula...I'm no wordsmith though, but the tune fits nice!

That's the song I've always had in my head for him lol

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Our go to man for the big games- much like Fairclough and Kuyt.

Let's remember that this lad - at age 19, was central to our Europa League campaign. Undone by that tit, Mori, but for me- he was never out of sight. I always backed him, believed in him. I mean- like I said a few times in the past- to puzzling looks: He's going to be our Drogba- but much better with the ball at his feet. The player Ferguson hoped that lad at Palace would be like.

His awareness of goal and his ability to turn up in the right spot, at the right time, the ability to sense a weakness, to know where to place it without even looking, his ability to take the piss out of keepers and unnerve them, his penchant for hanging around the keeper and close to the defender- the furthest up the field in crucial moments- sensing a possible upcoming mistake pretty soon, his amazingly quick reaction to any opportunity that arises(I sometimes bemoan the fact our strikers are too quick to drop off in many games, but he hugs keepers and defenders when the rest of the team falls back)- like a shark that snaps up any and every morsel that finds it's way into it's territory, his ability to beat his marker with the drop of a shoulder or a feint- no fuss- just one or two moves and he's past you OR his made space for hisself..
Those are the attributes of a monster of a striker!

Glad he's vindicated those who still believed in his ability. And to think- some saw no problem letting him go a few months ago. I couldn't see it at the time, cause I believed and still do, that Jurgen has good faith in him.
Well done, son! Knew you just had to get a chance to remind people of how good you can be!
« Last Edit: June 7, 2019, 11:49:35 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan

The classic:

New verse could be

EDIT - also got to have

I'm shite at this, but my attempt:

Sunday night and he made the Blueshite cry, Divock Origi
Tuesday night and he made Barca cry, Divock Origi
Satuday night and he won us number 6, Divock Origi
la la la la etc.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The classic:

New verse could be

EDIT - also got to have

just replace that with 'scored against the shite'
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
If you say Divock Origi ten times very fast you cannot help but smile. :)

If you even think of Divock Origi you cannot help but smile.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
If you even think of Divock Origi you cannot help but smile.

Unless you're Jordan Pickford.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
I bought a shirt with his name on today. I'm 35 FFS.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Was there ever a player who had so few appearances in a season whose goals were so valuable.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Was there ever a player who had so few appearances in a season whose goals were so valuable.

For us? Not sure.

Macheda for United in 08/09 probably tops it though.